Start by marking “Once upon a Time (A Broken Fairy Tale, #1)” as Want to Read:
Once upon a Time (A Broken Fairy Tale, #1)

Once upon a Time (A Broken Fairy Tale #1)

3.92  ·  Rating Details ·  1,801 Ratings  ·  299 Reviews
Published December 1st 2014

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3,5-4 PRINCE CHARMING STARS

What an enjoyable read! Honestly I wanted to read this book from the moment I heard it was being released! I loved the cover and the tittle and was so happy that I finally read it!! This book was refreshing, fast paced, funny, sweet and hot! The concept wasn't something that I haven't read before but it had something that made it beautiful and unique!

description

Once Upon a Time, it was a girl who believes in fairy tales...but something made her change her mind and now she doesn
Catarina
3,5 “Fairy Tales Don’t Exist” Stars.

Payton had her heart broken once, so she doesn’t believe in fairytales anymore. She’s scared that she will end broken again. But while in work she meets Gabriel Black. The mysterious billionaire that becomes immediately taken by her. They are both attracted to each other, but she doesn’t believe in happy ends and is scared to let him in. Gabriel wants her, but she keeps pushing him away. And even Prince Charming eventually gets tired of running in circles,
Jodi Bibliophile
 photo 10581633_10154923335110473_1561245464_n.jpg

ONCE UPON A TIME… I believed, like the I child I once was, fairy tales were more than just stories that our parents read to us every night before bed. I believed that I would one day grow into a princess and Prince Charming would rescue me on his white horse and whisk me away into the distance. … And they lived happily ever after. What a crock of shit.

My review for Once Upon a Time by S.K. Hartley

Two words: GABRIEL BLACK. That man owns my heart and I don't ever want it back. The second we meet
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review
**Review also posted on Four Chicks Flipping Pages**

[image error]

#onceUpon

Once Upon A Time there lives a “prince” and his name is Gabriel Black and he ruled Black Enterprises of New York City. In a city where thousands live, there was only one Payton Miller. This feisty blonde lost all hope on the idea of love and “prince charming” that is until she meets the one man who will rock and shake her world to the core. A man who made her finally see that Cin
Isabella
Dec 09, 2014 Isabella rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-struck

5 Cinderella-can-kiss-my-ass stars!

I don't care that the concept wasn't very original, or the fact that some might call Payton an over-reacting female. I. LOVED. The. Book!

Payton Millers is an amazing woman from a small city, working as an assistant to a bitchy boss in a PR firm.

Gabirel Black ( holy shit, did you read that name? ) is a millionaire owning Black Enterprises and apparently, is Payton's firm's client.

Some might argue that it's the same old 'small-town-simple-girl falling
Judith
Feb 20, 2015 Judith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
REALLY ENJOYED THIS !!

"Prince Charming doesn't exist Payton" he whispered against my neck "But I do"

Sweet,sexy story....kind of a modern day fairy tale

I suppose it's like a lot of erotic romance stories out there....hot CEO, falls for and persues reluctant girl, but I think what saved it, for me, was that it was well written, had some BRILLIANT characters and was so funny.I loved Payton and her friend Kylie was just hilarious...

"He's delicious.Oh my God,have you seen that ass?Sweet Jesus,I t
Mandy
Dec 10, 2014 Mandy rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Payton was really funny and had a great group of friends. I loved that she said what was on her mind. Gabriel was hot and I really loved the steamy scenes. This is the first book I have read by S.K. Hartley and I look forward to reading more by this author!
Heather andrews
Sep 28, 2014 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
I loved this book I loved Gabriel even before we knew who he was, "you know, I like my woman on their knees. But you, Miss Miller, took that to a whole other level." He growled as I took another step back. "Door close." Quinn he is like the gay best friend I wish I had, "Jesus. You had sex with a millionaire!" Quinn shrieked, his voice high enough to give me an instant headache. 'Please tell me he has the biggest d*** you've ever seen!" Gabriel nothing is off limits with that boy he states how h ...more
Grace
Nov 22, 2014 Grace rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars, full review here => http://afterdarkbooklovers.com/2014/1...

What girl/woman doesn’t love a good fairy tale? Just like the show of the same name, this book is loosely based on the popular fairy tale, Cinderella. (To be clear, while they share the same name, this book is very much its own story and not a direct copy of the show).

You have all the main characters of the fairy tale:

Cinderella – Payton
Prince Charming – Gabriel Black aka Mr. Tall-Dark-and Dangerous, aks TDD
Jaq and Gus, th
Vanessa
Never disappointed when I read one of S.K. Hartley's books!

Review to come with my tour date of 12/1...

**FULL REVIEW**

“He was my Prince Charming, the one who could sweep me off my feet while belly laughing at his silly jokes. Fast forward to college. We were still together, still very much inseparable and pretty much in love. He claimed all of my firsts as I did for him. Everything was perfect…or so I thought.”

Payton Miller no longer believes in happily ever after…or fairytale love stories. Hav
GeekInPink
Fairy tales are for morons 4.5

My first time with S. K. Hartley and I loooved it. The story starts with Payton hungover and she's with Mr. Not-So-Charming. Which basically means rescue by none other than best friend Quinn. Quinn is hilarious and to die for and the kind of BFF that every girl should have. Then we stumble onto Kylie, and that my friend completes the trio of BFFs.

Alpha male, Mr. Black enters the picture and all vee jay jays explode on contact. Boy is he hot of what. I had to stop re
Give Me Books
Jan 07, 2015 Give Me Books rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everyone deserves to have their once upon a time and happily ever after.

Payton is the girl we all experience once in our life. We get hurt and stop believing love and forever can happen. We start believing every guy is a toad, and they won't turn into Prince Charming after we kiss them. Gabriel Black is Payton's game changer. He's the one to make all her dreams come true. But as stubborn as she is, will they get their own once upon a time?

The characters, oh my gosh, these characters. Seriously,
Kari March
Nov 30, 2014 Kari March rated it it was amazing
S.K. Hartley has done it again! Once Upon A Time is sexy, funny, witty and down right amazing. I laughed, swooned and then laughed some more. The banter in this book between the characters is fantastic. I loved every word of this book!!

"fairy tales are for morons"

Gabriel Black is the next book boyfriend everyone will be raving about. He's cocky, alpha, dominate, panty-dropping, and Prince Charming all rolled into one delicious package! This man is just gah! Perfection!

Payton was one of those her
Dirty Dayna
Jan 25, 2017 Dirty Dayna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was cute and sweet and cheesy..but I loved it. I want a mr. black !!!! this is a book to read when ur having a sad day eating too much chocolate and finishing off a bottle of wine by yourself kinda day. I want to know more of the characters and I want friends like them too
Valentina
Dec 06, 2014 Valentina rated it it was amazing
Woow,I loved this book!
Review to come...
Sanja
Dec 05, 2014 Sanja rated it it was amazing
Cindarella can kiss my ass!!!!! Hahhahha I loved it! Review will be posted soon..I'm still laughing!!!!
Rebecca
Nov 21, 2014 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Once upon a time, there was a girl who didn’t believe in happily ever afters. She wasn’t looking for a prince to sweep her off her feet because she knew they didn’t exist; she learned the hard way that all men did was destroy and betray. So, this fair maiden closed herself off from loving, giving her all to her job and her friends. She was done kissing frogs and meeting villains. She was no damsel in distress; she would write her own ending, and it wouldn’t include any prince because, in her min ...more
Marina (Living In Our Own Story)
Simply brilliant :)

This is the first book I read by S.K. Hartley but I have to say that I made a huge mistake in not reading any of her books before now. I had a blast reading this story. It was fun, hot, romantic, heartbreaking. Pretty much it had a little bit of everything and it was so intriguing and entertaining to read that I read it in one sitting. I simply couldn't stop :)

Payton and Gabriel were so much fun to read about. I loved their interactions and constant verbal sparring. And damn,
Reanell Tisdale
Nov 26, 2014 Reanell Tisdale rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 Fairytales are for morons stars!

This story was fantastic! It's so different from everything out there right now. I loved how Payton was a strong herione, but was so vulnerable as well. She let her past dictate her future but when she met the one man who made her question herself she put up one hell of a fight. Mr. Black. Gabriel Black....that name screams alpha male!

"That voice....did things to me that should have some kind of warning label.
WARNING: This voice turns women stupid."

Haha! Lov
Kristen Ollie
Nov 26, 2014 Kristen Ollie rated it really liked it
“There was no such thing as fairy godmothers or magic pumpkins. Instead, there’s only villains, poisoned apples and a whole load of ugly sisters just waiting to pounce" Well if that isn't the truth, then I don't know what is! This book is about a girl who believed in Fairy Tales at a young age, and of course some douche canoe in college ruined it for her! Then comes along her Prince G.. And he Saves her life. Even though we all know she doesn't need saving! This was a super light read, and I enj ...more
Fleurs et Reves
Dec 01, 2014 Fleurs et Reves rated it did not like it
DNF at 10%

description

I am sick and tired of books in which the heroine has an annoying gay best friend and a very annoying DO AS I SAY OR ELSE girlfriend and she is also a doormat that will do ANYTHING her friends tell her to.
I would hate to have this type of friends who cant ever accept my opinion and always want everything to be done their way. Those are not best friends, those are selfish friends.

Elodie
Dec 12, 2014 Elodie rated it really liked it
3,75 stars.
Well, this was a 5 stars read until the 90% mark. Gabriel just had to go and fix everything thanks to his money. It kinda killed it for me... He could've just helped (view spoiler)
Stacia- Three Girls and a Book Obsession
This is my first book from S.K. Hartley, but I know it won’t be my last. Her writing is so enjoyable. Between the quick wit, the sarcasm, the sexual innuendoes, the supporting cast, and then of course the hot, sexy, Gabriel Black, she really knows how to hook a reader in! One of her opening lines grabbed me right away–

“I believed that I would one day grow into a princess and Prince Charming would rescue me on his white horse and whisk me away into the distance… And they lived happily ever after.
Ashley S.
Aug 07, 2014 Ashley S. rated it it was amazing
Wow. All I can say is that I f**king LOVE this book! This was my first read from S.K. Hartley and, let me tell you, she has just added another loyal reader to what I am sure is already a long list. I will read anything and everything that she releases, it was that good! The twist on the fairy tale of Cinderella was so unique and well written, I couldn't put it down...scratch that, I didn't want to put it down. I even ditched my Christmas decorating so that I could read this book in one sitting.

T
Danielle
Aug 05, 2014 Danielle rated it really liked it
Once Upon A Time is a fun romantic comedy with a modern day twist on a classic fairy tale. But this isn't your everyday fairy tale... It's so much sexier!

It starts out with our heroine, Payton, in a bit of a Coyote Ugly predicament and it's so freaking hilarious to watch the scene unfold. I could tell right from the beginning sentence that Payton was going to draw me into her little fairy tale and I was not disappointed.

After landing an important job at the PR firm she works for, she goes out to
Jen ~ Schmexy Girl Book Blog
Sep 13, 2014 Jen ~ Schmexy Girl Book Blog rated it really liked it
Every girl wishes for a happily ever after. A prince who will sweep her off of her feet, one who will make every childhood fantasy come true. We all want the glass slipper and a magical ending filled with castles and dreams come true.

Well every girl except for Payton Miller. Having her heart broken by her first love, she has given love the proverbial middle finger and believes it’s for the weak. She’d rather have flings and fun and keep her heart in tact.

After meeting Gabriel Black, who by the w
Danielle Jamie
Jan 07, 2015 Danielle Jamie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 FANTASTIC Fairytale Stars!!!!!!!!

I've had this on my TBR lists since it released and finally decided I'd dive in after seeing lots of awesome feedback on Facebook from my friends and the author. I've been on a sappy love story kick lately and wanted a change in story theme. So was looking for an angst filled story but with LOL moments that'd keep the book light and fun.

This book was everything I wanted and it even got me teary eyed near the end but I'm a sucker for sappy scenes so loved it
Donna ~
Nov 27, 2014 Donna ~ rated it it was amazing
I hate to admit it but this is actually the first book by S.K. Hartley that I have read and I am happy to say that I will be looking into more of her works. It is usually a cover that grabs my attention first but for Once Upon a Time it was the tagline…..Cinderella can kiss my ass…..Fairytales are for Morons….Yep that definitely grabbed my attention and had me wanting more.

Well I got more, so much more than I expected. This is a lighter read for me as I tend to lean toward the dark romances with
Renee Dyer
Sep 29, 2014 Renee Dyer rated it it was amazing
There are books you read thinking you know where they are going to head and that you know all the answers, but this book wasn't that. Several times I thought, Oh-this is the moment--right here where she gives in and decides he is in fact her Prince Charming, but S.K. Hartley brilliantly wrote the story a different way. I love, love, LOVE--did I say love?--yes I love Gabriel Black. He is going to be the book world's new book boyfriend. He's hot, confident, damaged (and don't we love a man that ne ...more
 Ann
Dec 09, 2014 Ann rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
5 STARS

5 BOOKGASM STARS,its been a while since I had real good bookgasm so thank you S.K HARTLEY I didn't realise how badly i was in need of good old Bookgasm

I've been trying to think of ways to describe this book and it's certainly not your typical fairytale more like a new adult modern fairytale with a twist and the twist being our mc Payton is no Disney princess and she has no desire to be one,she doesn't believe in fairytales or happily ever afters all thanks to her donut of an ex boyfriend
  • Ten Thousand Lies (Ten Thousand, #2)
  • Katherine in Gold (The Beachy Bride, #2)
  • Curve
  • Hope (Choices, #3)
  • Scarred
  • Pressure Point (Point, #2)
  • Vipers Den: Part One Piper & Kade (Viper's Den, #1)
  • Wished for You (The Blogger Diaries #1)
  • Finding Forever (Living Again, #4)
  • Moon Mark (Mark, #2)
  • Forgiving Gia (Rocker, #2)
  • Captive Films 2.2
  • Exchange of Fire (SBG, #1)
  • Little Moments (Second Chances, #2)
  • Breaking Skin
  • Never Let Go (Take My Hand, #4)
  • Progress (Progress, #1)
7020553
Sofie Hartley has many titles; Wife, Mother, Graphic Designer, Illustrator, and International Bestselling Author. With over ten years experience working with graphic design and a passion for creative art, Sofie loves creating new ideas and concept for any project.

After four successful bestselling romance novels, Sofie missed the hustle and bustle of graphic design and opened the doors to Hart &
More about Sofie Hartley...

“I believed, like the child I once was, fairy tales were more than just stories that our parents read to us every night before bed. I believed that I would one day grow into a princess and Prince Charming would rescue me on his white horse and whisk me away into the distance.

... And they lived happily ever after.

What a crock of shit.”
3 likes
“FOR THE BROTHERS GRIMM, FOR ALLOWING YOUNG GIRLS TO BELIEVE THEY NEED TO BE RESCUED. CINDERELLA CAN KISS MY ASS. FAIRY TALES ARE FOR MORONS.” 2 likes