Start by marking “SEO Like I'm 5: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Search Engine Optimization” as Want to Read:
SEO Like I'm 5: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Search Engine Optimization

SEO Like I'm 5: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Search Engine Optimization

2015 UPDATED 2ND EDITION (April 2015): 30% NEW CONTENT!

Matthew Capala provides something different and necessary: an overview of the SEO essentials suitable for any reader, even those without a strong technical background.

***** Dorie Clark, HBR Writer and Author of “Stand Out” (Portfolio)

There are a multitude of resources available to inform marketers and business
Published July 27th 2014 by Zeit Media LLC

To ask other readers questions about SEO Like I'm 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SEO Like I'm 5

Start your review of SEO Like I'm 5: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Search Engine Optimization
Rick Yvanovich
Fantastic book. SEO is not everyone's cup of tea and can be a dark or boring or overly technical subject. SEO Like I'm 5 dumbs it all down into an engaging and understandable form without making you feel you're dumb or the author talking down to you.
Like the author says, nothing is impossible and having read this book and as long as you apply some of the advice and guidance it provides there is no reason why your websites improve dramatically.
Arimo
Nov 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ei-fiktio
A guide to SEO (search engine optimization) that mostly targets online businesses but also helps blogs and other websites. If I'd only review the information value of this book, I'd give it four stars. However, the presentation drops the rating.

It's quite clear that this is a self-published e-book. Despite being a 2nd edition, the book is still unpolished. A publisher or an editor could have helped remove the repeated content, broken sentences and typos. At one point, the book even asks readers
Ksenia
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
My copy of SEO Like I'm 5 is replete with multicolored sticky notes. For someone who is interested in implementing a knowledge of SEO marketing in his job but doesn't know where to start, this book is a gem!
Barbara Zaradzka
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great resource for beginners and Internet enthusists. Recommended.
Shawn Frey
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: work
A helpful SEO guide for beginners clearly geared at solo-entrepreneurs. I'd definitely recommend it if you're just getting into the online marketing world, or even as a brush up on some of SEOs basics. I did find that unnecessary lists of resources took up more of the book's content than I would have liked.
Andrew Lord
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great stuff. I've thought about starting a blog in the past - not only for passive income or something of the sort, but also as a creative writing outlet - and the author here provides a comprehensive blueprint for getting that started in a manner that can yield consistent, healthy results down the road. This book, as you can imagine, also comes in handy for any organization looking to improve their website(s).
Tony Tran
Mar 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Good on the basics of SEO as well as how to optimize your site to hit well on Google. Not so good on grammar and spelling. 3/7 would read again.
Josh Shelton
Oct 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good! A lot of helpful insights.
Karen Whooley
Dec 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: business
I was disappointed for the price. For being a textbook at NYU, there really wasn't much in the how to. Mostly links and back story.
Mac Kie
Aug 31, 2018
George
May 28, 2017
LERG
rated it did not like it
Oct 14, 2016
Tam Pham
Sep 20, 2015
Cullen pochucha
May 27, 2016
Mohammad Haddadi
a good book for beginners.
Kelly Kuhn-Wallace
Feb 28, 2015
Michael J
Sep 17, 2014
Matthew Capala
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Annie
rated it it was ok
Aug 17, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• SEO 2014: Learn Search Engine Optimization with Smart Internet Marketing Strategies
  • The INSURTECH Book: The Insurance Technology Handbook for Investors, Entrepreneurs and FinTech Visionaries
  • Learning TypeScript
  • Our Iceberg Is Melting: Changing and Succeeding Under Any Conditions
  • SEO Fitness Workbook: The Seven Steps to Search Engine Optimization (2019 Edition)
  • The Breakthrough Insurance Agency: How to Multiply Your Income, Time and Fun
  • How The Mighty Fall: And Why Some Companies Never Give In
“In each case, you want a web page dedicated to every keyword.” 2 likes
“Content shared in the right communities can reach ‘king’ status if you know where to post it…” 2 likes