Start by marking “Crooked Cats' Tales” as Want to Read:
Crooked Cats' Tales

Crooked Cats' Tales

As a publisher of predominantly full-length fiction, we always wanted to create a collection of short stories by our talented Crooked Cat authors – so here it is!

You will find twenty tantalising tasters from Crooked Cats from the UK and the US, all keen to showcase their writing skills with glimpses into their existing releases, or with something new altogether.

Twenty
Published April 21st 2014 by Crooked Cat Publishing (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Crooked Cats' Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crooked Cats' Tales

Start your review of Crooked Cats' Tales
Cindy
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Crooked Cats' Tales is a book of short stories that are written by various authors from Crooked Cat Publishers. There are twenty stories of various lengths and genres. It was a good way to find an author whose style of writing you enjoy. Some of the stories I enjoyed more than others but it's more of a matter of the genre, not the writing.

If you are looking for some interesting short stories, this is an enjoyable book.

* I received a copy to read and review with my honest opinion.
Susan Roebuck
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Twenty authors from one publisher (Crooked Cat Publishing) have created an anthology of twenty short stories that vary in genre and style. It's a book for dipping into when you want to enjoy a twenty minute or so break and need to be entertained by a new narrative voice that comes with each story. I cannot say I disliked any of the stories since each covered a cross section of themes that were enjoyable in their own way and I found I was moved, unsettled, and definitely entertained as I was take ...more
Nadine Vansant
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
The crooked cat's tales are all short stories of different writers. I did like the short story of Catriona King, but some of the others weren't really up to it. I was dissapointed
Kathy Sharp
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Maggie Secara
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Roland Clarke
Feb 12, 2019
Carol Maginn
Mar 12, 2016
J.L.
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Randy
May 04, 2014
Ailsa Abraham
May 16, 2014 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Ahmed Ibrahim
Carrie
Aug 31, 2018
Lisa
Sep 11, 2019
Celt by birth, now living in Eastern France. Has had more jobs than she can remember but retired due to ill health so can now concentrate on writing full time.

Having followed a pagan path all her life, Ailsa writes novels that feature this with huge helpings of adventure and romance. What she does NOT write is the usual "dungeons and dragons" or "willowy teenage witches" stories.

In her village sh

News & Interviews

Summer reading season is in full swing, which means many of the year's biggest and best releases are coming out of the gates. And although your Ju...