Start by marking “A Pumpkin Named Lilly (56 Limericks for Kids, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Pumpkin Named Lilly (56 Limericks for Kids, #2)

A Pumpkin Named Lilly (56 Limericks for Kids #2)

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating details ·  8 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
A PUMPKIN NAMED LILLY is the second book in Randy Imwalle's 56 LIMERICKS FOR KIDS series, following A PIRATE NAMED MOLLY. A PUMPKIN NAMED LILLY contains 56 all-new limericks. The limericks range from the traditional There Once Was A Boy Named Josh to the nursery-rhyme inspired The First Piggy Went To The Store. Holiday limericks include A Pumpkin Named Lilly. Riddle limeri ...more
Published July 31st 2014 by Tenkids Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about A Pumpkin Named Lilly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Pumpkin Named Lilly

Wendy
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Goodreads Giveaways
Shelves: children-s, limericks
" A Pumpkin Named Lily" by Randy Imwalle which I won through Goodreads Giveaways is a treasure trove of limericks for kids, from those that celebrate the spirit of the holidays to ones that give an imaginative new look to old familiar nursery rhymes. All of the limericks will make children pause, learn something simple,tap to the rhythm or to laugh out loud at the nonsense.

I loved the riddles, but like any youngster had to listen carefully and think them through. The section on creating a limer
Erin Elizabeth
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just like his first book, A Pirate Named Molly, A Pumpkin Named Lilly is perfect to use in the classroom! It has a variety of limericks that fit in nicely with our poetry unit. The book contains a variety of unique vocabulary words and an assortment of limerick styles. Two of the best features of this book are the how-to write-a-limerick guide and the rhyming-word cheat sheet. I am so happy Randy has written another fun and engaging book of limericks!

Daks
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lately, my 4 year-old has been asking about rhymes--what are they, why do people use them? A Pumpkin Named Lilly is a great introduction to rhyming for a young child as the limericks are short, funny, and easy to understand. She really enjoyed our time reading through the collection and I'm looking forward to reading the holiday-themed verses again later this year. Very fun book to read with a child and the interactive sections near the end (What is Wrong..., How-to-Write a Limerick, etc.) give ...more
Alicia
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
This short book of limericks is just as good as, A pirate name Molly. This book includes many funny poems that are great for kids and also includes riddles and what are wrong with these limericks for the kids to solve. As a bonus it has a a guide to help write your own if you want and also has a cheat sheet and of course the answers to both the riddles and what's wrong with these limericks?.
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Pumpkin Named Lilly was an adorable read that I would share with any child. This book would be a great way to introduce children to rhyming and words. I believe A Pumpkin Named Lilly will be a great read for kids and adults alike.
Alan
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I would like to thank Randy Imwalle for sending me a copy of 'A Pumpkin Named Lilly', which I won in the Goodreads Giveaway. My granddaughter was thrilled with her new book and upon asking her if she enjoyed, said it was now her favourite book.
Patrick
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cute book, fun limericks.
James Lynam
Aug 05, 2014
  • Trusted (Trusted, #1)
  • Teaching Melody
  • Marked (Marked #1)
  • Lily's Cowboys (Heaven Sent, #1)
  • Within a Dream
  • Weelicious Lunches: Think Outside the Lunch Box with More Than 160 Happier Meals
  • Delectable (Big Sky Pie #1)
  • Beating the Lunch Box Blues: Fresh Ideas for Lunches on the Go!
  • More Than You Know
  • The Ousias
  • Come Home to Me (Whiskey Creek, #6)
  • Unscrupulous (The Manhattanites, #1)
  • Words on Birds
  • Zoey Rogue (Incubatti, #1)
  • Lucy Lick-Me-Not and the Day Eaters: A Birthday Story
  • Double Dribble (Athlete vs. Mathlete, #2)
  • The Wrong Fairy Tale (Spirit Lake, #2)
  • 100 Amazing Computer Tips (Amazing Tips)

56 Limericks for Kids (2 books)
  • A Pirate Named Molly (56 Limericks for Kids, #1)