Start by marking “Break Me (TBX, #1)” as Want to Read:
Break Me (TBX, #1)

Break Me

(TBX #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  376 ratings  ·  77 reviews
Returning back for the spring semester of college, Brealynn and her best friend, Kelsey, are ready to start a new chapter.
After the loss of their mother, Pro BMX rider Colt Taylor and his brother, Parker, hope to rebuild their lives by concentrating on competitions.

One night brings them together.
One night shatters it all.
Can they survive the break?
ebook
Published April 10th 2015 by Ashley Christin (first published April 8th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Break Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Break Me

really liked it 4.00  ·

✿kawehi.reviews
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via Southern Belle Promotions in exchange for an honest review. Thank you so much!! ☆

Teaser 1

Everyone Could Use A Fresh Start…A New Beginning...

grey divider no background hi

With a new semester of school, besties Brealynn and Kelsey weren’t expecting the Taylor Brothers to turn their worlds upside down.

Break Me was one of those NA coming of age stories, of young individuals going through some hefty growing pains and paving new paths toward their futures.

I really enjoyed the story of Brea and Colt (since this no
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
I won this book in a giveaway and promised to write a review.

I want to always be honest in my reviews as I don't write them to please (or displease) the author but to give other readers a piece of my mind and thoughts about the book.

Did I like it? Yes but less than I expected.

Why? Is it badly written or did the author do a bad job? No, not at all. But I could not really fall into Colt and Brealynn's world. Younger readers would maybe feel a stronger connection with them.

Their love story was swe
Ashley Christin
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Because if I don't believe in my work, who will?
RELEASING APRIL 10
Samantha
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this book more than I thought I would which makes me really happy. There's misunderstandings, which is quite common while in college, hot sex, and the saving grace of falling in love. The hero and heroine are both equally awesome to read which is always a plus. My rating stands at an even and solid 4 stars.

BXM professional rider Colt Taylor is the ultimate young playboy and why shouldn't he be? He's wealthy, good looking, charming, and young. He's dealing with the fame, the girls throwin
Beth
4 Clear Skies Stars

f

Forecast: Bright and Clear ahead for new author Ashley Christin. Break Me is her first work and she shows great promise in the New Adult genre.

Brealynn is experiencing college with her best friend, Kelsey. She's been avoiding the party scene because she has a boyfriend. Until he turned out to be a scumbag. Now she and her buds are going to see what all the buzz is about.

Colt is the subject of lots of that buzz. He has been gone for a while on the BMX Bike Tour. He's back an
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
NA Sports Romance w/ Likeable Characters

Pretty standard "bad boy athlete meets good girl" college romance. Well written and well edited. Really enjoyed the characters and look forward to reading book two in hopes than some of the storytelling potential gets cashed in.
Bookworm Betties
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
★✩★✩★ 5- Bring on the Angst, Bring on the Drama -Stars
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

A guy like Colt Taylor wouldn't waste his time on me. I'm a one man girl. He has a never-ending supply of girls begging to be with him. He would never settle for just one and I can't, won't, share.

Oohhh, I do love me a good drama fest and this book had all the ingredients for a great one!! The jilted, sweet, girl next door with her crazy ass best friend. The seemingly heartless manwhore, with his grou
JL Roberts
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, reviewed
***Arc was given by author for honest review***

Brealynn, newly single, and her bestie Kelsey are ready for a new semester at college, but Brealynn is not ready for Colt Taylor. Sure shes drooled over him in the past, but she knows his reputation with the ladies; he's the love em' and leave em' type and Brealynn is a one man type of girl she doesn't want to be second to anyone.

Colt Taylor has just suffered a devastating loss, but hes back at school and he has Brealynn in his sights. Hes wanted he
Chantal
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest opinion. This is the story of Brealynn and Colt. Brea's had a crush on Colt since their firs encounter but new she meant nothing to him. Burnt by her former boyfriend she vowed off of relationships for a while until Colt appears back in her life.
Colt doesn't do relationships. His is not a one women kind of guy until he sees Brealynn and things start to change for him. Intrigued by her he is pulled towards her. The electricity between them is undeni
Johnaka
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. For a new author I think Ashley Christin did well. I liked the main characters and liked the secondary ones even more. I think as Ashley continues to write she will grow into a better author.
Michelle
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a story of a guy who can't get a girl out of his head, until he makes her his. He never thought that he'd let someone in again after some horrible life events. Loved the characters and can't wait to read how the story and characters continue.
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this read. The characters were fun and lovable, and the story kept me interested and laughing throughout. The bits and pieces of steam we're quite a nice addition too! Great job, Ashley! I can't wait to read more about these kids!
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Break Me (TBX #1) by Ashley Christin is the first standalone book in her new TBX series. This is my first read by Author Ashely Christin and I can honestly say that I will be reading more of her work in the future. This series is based on a group of 2 brothers alongside their good friends attending college as well as focusing on the Pro BMX riding careers of both brothers, Colt and Parker.

I usually tend to stay away from college romances because at times and depending on the writing, I find that
Jennifer G.
I give this book 5 stars!!!

It's the first in a series. (TBX#1)
Dual POV
I was given this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Colt - Well, where do I start?! Poor boy had it rough for a while, he went to the dark side, with a loss like that, he was lost. His biggest fan gone in an instant. Leaving town for a while helped heal the wounds, are so he thought it was a good idea at the time (only thing I'm saying about their dad, he is a piece of garbage).

Colt has always been a player, that
Aaly
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

** ARC provided by Southern Belle Promotions for an honest review.**

Great stories and characters! It was a sweet, fun and entertaining story.
A girl who wanted a fresh start and a guy overcoming issues from his past, all of them wrapped into the crazy world of college.
Brealynn and Kelsey were ready for a new chapter in their lives, wanted to enjoy the next semester of college.
Colt and his brother, Parker, focused on BMX competitions, grieving the death of their mother.

They were both always been
Jodie's W.I.N.E. List
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Anyone could really connect to Brealynn. She's just a girl who has gotten out of a crappy relationship trying to move on. She could easily be your best friend. The interactions between her and her best friend Kelsey kept me giggling. You could tell they knew everything about each other and liked each other anyways.

Colt is a little tougher to figure out. He hides so much of himself and his family from everyone that it took time to get to know him, even for Brealynn. He so caring it's hard not to
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
**Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review**

Brealynn and Kelsey have returned to school and the last thing they were expecting was to have some hot as hell brothers to rock their world.

Colt has never fallen in love and doesn't plan on doing it now. He loves to play the field and mess around . The last thing he expected was for Brealynn to knock his socks off and have him rethink about whether he wanted a "serious" relationship or not.

Brealynn had her heart broken by her first and only bo
Cheryl
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review of Break Me (Book one of the TBX series) by Ashley Christin

Review done for Hooked on Books

4 out of 5 stars

Brealynn has returned back to college a single woman. After catching her ex with another woman, she had enough. Her and her roommate Kelsey are going to live the single life and enjoy their next semester.

What Brealynn doesn’t anticipate is the gorgeous, Pro BMX rider Colt Taylor to come into her life. She’s had a crush on him when she first saw him months ago.

Colt Taylor ran away fro
Hooked On Books
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars

Colt Taylor ran away from life for a while. After his mother died, he couldn’t handle the grief so he left town for six m
Mayra Statham
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So let me start by saying that I do not normally read New Adult nor enjoy it. Something about the blurb caught my eye after a friend of mine recommended the book. so I took a chance, leaping into the book, and can I just tell you that I was so glad that I did!

This was my first book to read by this author and Ashley Christin all I have to say is GREAT JOB! Her work and belief in this story are obvious. The story flows in a steady pace, Her characters are well developed, so much so you want to kno
Small Adventures, Full Hearts
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a great NA book. The book was funny, and sexy and super entertaining. I busted up laughing a lot throughout this whole book.

You have two college girls Kelsey and Brealynn who are sisters from another mother, would go to jail for one another... They are the funniest duo I have ever read.. What I loved most about these two, is that they had each others back from page one.

"You know I'll serve jail time for you, slore face."...Seriously this book was so funny. These two made it that much be
Tina
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. When two broken souls meet and try to mend each other, its a very powerful thing. Then throw it the best friend that has you literally laughing out loud.

Brealynn had her heart broken by her hiflfh school sweetheart. She swore off love. She felt like no one would ever truly love her.

Meet Colt. Holy hotness. Colt is pure alpha male with a broken side as well. After finding out his mother killed herself, he believes it was because of the love she had for his father. H
Raychel Faulkner
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I rated Break Me a 3.5 stars because I just felt no connection to the characters. The storyline and character development is there, I just didn't connect. This doesn't mean that others won't or haven't, I just didn't. This is a novel about coming of age and finding yourself. Brea and Kelsey just seemed so immature for college age. I found some of their jokes funny but after so long they just fell flat. (Maybe I'm just too old!)

The author did a great job on the his/her POV and I think that helped
Reckless Readers
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
*Arc provided for honest review*

Cherry Hurtado
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Okay so I totally loved this college romance. I ended up loving every single character even the bitchy ones! Yes, I'm talking about Alex. Ugh that girl was a total Bitch. Anyways loved the whole falling for each other and the trust issues. I loved how you want to scream at the main characters and tell the, to just trust each other. I loved the story itself. How the the boys don't deal well with their mothers death but how they have each other's back. And how the girls also had each other to lean ...more
CeCe
DNF

These are just my issues and why I could not continue with the story. You may like it, but not something I was able to connect with.

There is a lot of useless explanation about stuff that lost my interest in the story. The heroine has a crush on the hero before she even goes away to college. I thought she would meet Colt in college, but she already knows him and crushes on him.

This was not for me, but may work for you.
Renee at Book Happiness
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this for an honest review... I have to say that this was such a good read. I enjoyed from the minute I picked this up until I set it down with the last words!!!! This was a book about Braelynn and Colt. Brae is starting over and Colt is trying to escape his past. Two people who have always been attracted to each other and finally getting together!!!

This was such a good book I cant wait to see what comes next....

Danielle Hollier
Can I get an oh yeah!!!

I have to say first congratulations Ashley for a great start to your career!

Okay now onto the book. Can I please have colt?? I love me an ink up boy like B I want to lick them
Katy_ Rose
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious good time!

I loved this novel! Its hilarious and sweet! A great romance with lots of partying, action and one liners! I can't wait to read the next book!!
Kala
Apr 01, 2015 added it
I really enjoyed this book my cousin did wonderful and I can't wait for the next one love you ash
« previous 1 3 next »

• Mollywood (Carved Hearts, #2)
  • Unavoidable (Girls on Top Series, Book 1)
  • Resilient
  • Damaged Pieces (Cape Isle, #2)
  • Wish He Was You (The Blogger Diaries, #2)
  • Hold Me (Life After the Outbreak #3)
  • Protective Love (Hidden Secrets, #1)
  • Lightning in My Wake (Lightning, #1)
  • A Blue Tale
  • Addicted
  • Magnolia Blossoms
  • Lasting Attraction (Cassie, #3)
  • The Best Man
  • Tangled Vines
  • Unable to Resist
  • Unspeakable Lies (Unspeakable Truths, #1.5)
  • A Stolen Heart
  • Breathing Black (The Black and White Duet, #1)

I'm Texas proud with the accent to prove it. During the day I wear scrubs as a cape and try to save the world one patient at a time as a nurse. At night, mainly Friday nights, you can find me with a glass of wine faithfully by my side while I type away on the computer. I seem to get my days and nights mixed up, because my best ideas seem to come around midnight, so I'm a complete night owl. I have

TBX (2 books)