Start by marking “The Making of Michael Bishop (Realm Walker #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Making of Michael Bishop (Realm Walker #0.5)

The Making of Michael Bishop

(Realm Walker 0.5)

Keep your distance. Don't look him in the eye. Feed him and leave.

Michael D'Augustino is a priest in the time of the Inquisition. Marked as weak for his refusal to torture those charged with sorcery, heresy, devil worship or worse, he's given another task. Feed the prisoner in the cell in the darkest corner of the dungeon. With the edict comes a set of instructions.

Ever ob
Published August 29th 2014 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about The Making of Michael Bishop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Making of Michael Bishop

Cheryl
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a 3.5 star read.

A mesmerising (pun intended) short story that introduces us to the main character Michael, a priest in the time of The Inquisition. Born on the wrong side of the sheets to a powerful Bishop he is ordered to feed a "special" prisoner that the Bishop is particularly interested in interrogating (read torturing). A moment of compassion changes his life forever, however an unexpected saviour grants him the gift of choosing how he wants to live his life.
An interesting start to
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
The story ends at 88%. It looks like a beginning of an interesting series.
Michael is a young Roman-Catholic priest who is sent into the Inquisition dungeon to feed a special 'guest' there. What he finds there changes his whole life. He alone will have to decide what to do after it.
Alicia Huxtable
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Not a huge fan

I found I wasn't a big fan of this short story......maybe because it was a short story or some other aspect. I think the characters were well written but it didn't grab me the way I thought it would.
Tina
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Vampyr

This is an interesting short story. Some things about Vampyrs, I've read before. I am looking forward to reading more by this author as this is my first. I liked Michael and what occurred in the end.
Under the Covers Book Blog
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it

I wasn't disappointed with this very short story except it was too damn short.  This story is about Michael Bishop and how he came to be.  I know…just as the title says.  Collins take on a world of vampires and this book explains a little about how they are created.  Similar to the typical Vampire world with a slight twist but what captured me was the very strong willed character, Michael Bishop.

At first, I could not place who Bishop was.  After a little digging, I realize that he is one of the

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

I wasn’t disappointed with this very short story except it was too damn short. This story is about Michael Bishop and how he came to be. I know…just as the title says. Collins take on a world of vampires and this book explains a little about how they are created. Similar to the typical Vampire world with a slight twist but what captured me was the very strong willed character, Michael Bishop.

At first, I could not place who Bishop was. After a little digging, I realize that he is one of the sub
Laura Thomas
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Coming in at around 20 pages on my eReader, I thought there wouldn’t be much to this story. But that’s where I was wrong.

Michael D’Augustino was born a bastard child. The product of an indiscretion between his mother, a chambermaid, and his father, a now high raking priest.

There’s no love between father and son. The Bishop keeps Michael on a leash, threatening to stop providing for his mother if Michael doesn’t do what he wants.

So, here he is, entering the dungeon. Struggling to carry the squirm
Sapphyria
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Here's my link to Realm Walker, Book 1:

The Making of Michael Bishop is a short story in the Realm Walker series. It gives us the timeline detailing how Michael D'Augustino went from being the son of a priest to a prisoner forced to do the bidding of another. I was engaged from the start as Michael descended a curved staircase into was appears to be torture chambers. There is great detail provided and intrigue as the reader tries to figure out who or what i
Midwest Romantic
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Series Review posted on my blog Live Laugh & Love Books

Reading the Realm Walker series was incredible from the beginning to the end. I loved everything about it and as soon as I was done with one I moved right on to the next! Kathleen Collins has created a great world full of amazing characters.

The story was well written and rarely got boring. It had a great flow too, not to fast but not too slow. Juliana and Thomas are A-FREAKING-MAZING!!!! I LOVE them, her with her badassness and him with
Amanda
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
*Reviewer for Paranormal Romance and Authors that Rock*

4.5 fangs

Short about how Michael was turned into a vampire. Michael Bishop ends up being Thomas's second in command, the one that he trust with everything including Juliana. This glimpse allows you into Michael's soul and his roots. He was a timid man who was a bastard child that his father never had use for. His father uses his love for his mother to make Michael do things things that he doesn't want to do. One of those things is feed a vam
Melanie Marsh
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a really fast and intense read. When I started it, I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect, but I definitely enjoyed it. I was so caught up in the story that when it was over, I just kept hitting the side of my Kindle trying to turn the page and it wouldn’t go anywhere. I wanted MORE!

Apparently, this book is a spin off of Kathleen Collins’s Realm Walker series. I didn’t know this when I read it, and in case you are wondering, at no point did I feel like I missed any of the story by start
Kristy Centeno
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
NOTE: This review contains no spoilers.
This story was short. Approximately 18 pages long. Although it was not very long at all, it was definitely a very descriptive, well plotted entrance to the world of the Realm Walkers. I found myself immersed in Michael Bishop’s life right away and following each of his not-so-flattering journeys.
I’m definitely intrigued by Michael and want to know more about his life after The Making of Michael Bishop. Though this story was his beginning to the paranormal
Maghon Thomas
So this is the story of how Michael Bishop became Michael Bishop. He was a shy, compassionate person who was a child of a priest and a poor woman. As long as Michael did everything his father the priest told him, his mother received money to help her live. Poor Michael had to watch torture and murder and horror, until he shows compassion to his prisoner, who changes his life forever.

This is a short story, but it’s good none the less. It’s dark and gritty and goes to look into the past of how thi
Jeanette Andromeda
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, vampir
2 Sentence Plot Synopsis:

The inquisition was home to an order of monks who’s prayers were completed by torturing confessions out of supposed non-god-fearing folk. It was also home to the man Michael Bishop who’s unsavory chore tears his whole existence out of his grasp on one fateful night.

This story was a great lead-in to a very prevalent sub-plot in the next book in the series. And, although I hadn’t found myself wondering about the character Michael, I certainly paid attention afterward.

It’s
Doris
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I was provided a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

What the What?? How can this amazing book be so short!!! We are learning a tad of origins here, and we are getting to know a side character from the main series. I just need more!!! Oh this could be a series all its own!!!
I cant give too much details for spoilers... but MORE PLEASE!!!
~Dowie
Amy Braun
Aug 31, 2015 rated it liked it
This is one of those short prequel stories that needed more. It seemed really rushed and I didn't get all the information that I wanted for it, aka details about characters who will become important. Plus the story would have been better if it had been drawn out. But it was free, so I can't complain about that.
keikii Eats Books
Dec 22, 2015
Deanna
Nov 30, 2018
Gail Newbold
I liked it. I was sad it was so short. I could have dealt with at least 80 more pages.
Teri
Apr 14, 2015
Sharyn
Feb 27, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Kathleen Collins has been writing since Kindergarten. And while her ability has drastically improved, her stories are still about fantasy worlds and the people who play in them. The rare instances that she actually finds some spare time, she spends it playing with her two boys. Three if you count her husband. She is currently hard at work on her next book.

Realm Walker (4 books)
  • Realm Walker (Realm Walker, #1)
  • Death's Daughter (Realm Walker, #2)
  • Blood Slave (Realm Walker, #3)
  • Prophecy's Child (Realm Walker #4)