Start by marking “Roxy Rogers: Your Destiny Is Calling” as Want to Read:

Roxy Rogers: Your Destiny Is Calling

What happens when a young girl with a Hall of Fame baseball pedigree breaks the family mold and follows her dream to become a soul singer? Roxy Rogers: Your Destiny Is Calling, a picture book recommended for ages 6 - 9, lets children see their families will love them just the same when they pursue their true passions in life.

Everybody in Roxy's family--from her great-gran
Published August 24th 2014 by Three-Bug Books

To ask other readers questions about Roxy Rogers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roxy Rogers

Julie Grasso
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Roxy Rogers is very good at baseball. It's in her genes. Every one of her relatives has a wonderful story of their glory days on the baseball field, with some of the biggest names in the business. Roxy loves playing baseball, but being a baseball star is not the dream she holds in her heart. It is the dream of family members.

Roxy longs to sing like Aretha Franklin and the other soul sisters of the past, but she doesn't have the heart to hurt her families feelings. Well, when the day of the big
Cyndi Flores
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet and lovely story, that all kids can learn from. I loved this story. Roxy's entire family and entire line of family plays baseball, and she thinks she has to play baseball too, but she wants to sing, She ends up finding out that she is truly loved and she can do what makes her happy, and it is all good to be different, a lesson I think adults and kids can all learn from that we can except and love people for what ever they want to be or who they are, great lesson, and this story is g ...more
Bonnie Rediske-
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
This is a great book. Not only does it give little girls the boost to follow their dreams, but it teaches them some very important historical figures in a way that is not over bearing. The illustrations are great. I would say this book could be for girls ages 4- 10. My four year old was completely hooked!
Christy
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book free for an honest review which I've given. This review originally appeared on my blog Christy's Cozy Corners.

Though Roxy comes from a very athletic family who love playing baseball and softball, Roxy has a different dream. She's afraid to go after it though since she thinks her family expects her to play softball. She loves her family and likes softball, but she loves singing. It's all she's ever dreamed of doing. And when the national anthem singer can't make it
Lisa Katz
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Meet Roxy Rogers, a young girl with a family full of hall of fame baseball players. While Roxy might have been born to play ball, her dream is to sing. She wants to do something different but she doesn’t know how to tell her family. She is afraid they won’t understand. Her destiny is not baseball.

This is a wonderful story that speaks about following your passions in life. Roxy Rogers has the courage to not follow in the footsteps of her parents or grandparents in the world of baseball but rather
Tonja Drecker
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Roxy is doomed to be a baseball/softball player. After all, every single family member she can think of was a famous player themselves at one time or another. They say that playing ball is in her blood. But that's not what she wants. Just like many kids, Roxy doesn't want to disappoint her family, so she keeps her real dreams to herself - a fact I found very true to life. After all, what kid is willing to disappoint their entire family?

The illustrations are well done, and the story telling itsel
LAWonder10
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
This fast paced tale beginning from Roxy’s infancy through elementary age years, was a very fun book. Roxy was a girl who had exceptional talented in baseball, from a very young age.Everyone centered on this and encouraged her to continue to succeed with this talent. Other talents and dreams of hers went unnoticed…until one day opportunity “knocked”!

This great story is completed with a variety of illustrations that are adeptly done by Illustrator Brian C Krumm. The text quickly and smoothly flow
Pam
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book isn't just for kids really but for everyone trying to live up to other's expectations. Although this book may be a little too deep and serious for the really young ones, it makes for a great read for kids in the school age. I believe that kids should be encouraged to pursue what they want in life (and let them be until they actually reach adulthood)!

Story aside, the illustrations in the book was really done well. I especially love the special details in the drawings which I'd rather no
Tennille
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
Roxy Rogers is an amazing baseball player, in fact she comes from a family of baseball legends. Of course she will follow family tradition, or will she? Roxy has her own dream to be a singer but she doesn't want to disappoint her family. What will she do?

Roxy continues playing baseball until destiny steps in, the singer of the Star Spangled Banner is caught in traffic and Roxy is asked to step up to the plate....will she hit it out of the park or will she bench herself and miss her big chance?
Ashley Howland
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Young Roxy Rogers is destined to be a star softball player, it’s in her blood. Softball is not in her heart, Roxy loves to sing. Can she break the traditions of her family and write her own destiny?
This book is a great one for kids who like to dream. It spreads the message of being yourself and following your own path. Kids will enjoy Roxy Rogers.
Arlene Mullen
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! The art work was beautiful and the story is amazing.
My boys loved the story.
It was short enough to keep them interested. The story had such an amazing message. I especially liked that the little girl was supported for her decision.
It is definitely a must read.
Kay LaLone
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Roxy was always told, she was born to play softball. There was something her family didn't know. Roxy loved to sing. Good story. Your destiny doesn't mean you have to do one thing. Roxy was good at softball and singing.
Esperanza
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Roxy Rogers: Your Destiny Is Calling

This story features a brave young girl Roxy Rogers that must come to terms with the choices that she is making for her life, all to be done without disappointing her extended family members. Roxy the main character is able to relate to her family in all that they want for her, yet has never really felt that she has a calling to do what they want. Roxy Rogers really wants to make her parents, grandparents and great grandfather happy about her choices in life.
Barbara Ann
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Roxy Rogers comes from a baseball family. From the day she was born, her family groomed her to be a talented ball player. Everyone in the family, great grandparents, grandparents, and parents had been star baseball players. Her great grandfather had played with Joe DiMaggio, grandpa was on the team with Jackie Robinson, and her dad played with the Los Angeles Dodges in the 1980’s. Her grandmothers played professional ball and even her older sister Morgan had already played on an Olympic team. Bu ...more
Erika Messer
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I think every parent should read this book WITH their children! Roxy is a kid that is under pressure to become what her family wants her to be and live a legacy that she is not sure she wants. The destiny that everyone seems to think is what she needs to do is to play baseball ... her dad and grandpa both played for pro baseball teams and so of course she MUST carry on that legacy. And even though she wants something different, she doesn't want to let her family down so she goes ahead with the p ...more
Inderpreet Uppal
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Roxy Rogers likes to play baseball and loves to sing. This story has such beautiful illustrations, pretty images and sweet expressions making it a delight to read. The story unfolds and flows so perfectly with the pictures adding to the charm of the book. This is such an adorable tale about the cute little girl Roxy. Roxy and her whole family is drawn so beautifully and expressed in such lovely detail.
The story is a good lesson for children and parents to remember that any path chosen by us shou
Judith
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! One, I love baseball, so I love that the theme of this book is partly about baseball. I also love to sing. So naturally, that being the other theme totally had me from the start! I love that girls in baseball is so natural in this story that Roxy is actually expected to follow in her baseball loving family's footsteps. I love the historical references to real life examples of people who bravely helped change how people think simply by being themselves and doing what they loved. ...more
Deitre
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I could hear the soulful sound of Roxy through this cute read. Roxy is talented. She’s a softball player like no other. Her family nurtures that talent and skill and encourages Roxy to continue playing to the best of her ability. Little did they know that Roxy, had another hidden talented that was aching to appear. She wasn’t really sure if she could release it. But with any talent and passion it makes its appearance when you least expect it. Roxy is given the opportunity to showcase her soulful ...more
Stacie
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Roxy Roger's: Your Destiny is Calling is a heartwarming story about a darling little girl who has big dreams.

When Roxy's baseball playing family realizes she's inherited the gene they encourage her to follow their paths, but is it the right one for Roxy?

This is such an inspiring story about pursuing your dreams even if they conflict with the dreams of others. By chance Roxy's family discovers her desire to perform on stage and their great love for her has them cheering her on.

Roxy Roger's: Your
Lynda Dickson
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Ages 5+
Shelves: children
Roxy Rogers is destined to become "the greatest softball player to ever play the game!" It's in her blood, her family tells her; they're all baseball stars. But Roxy has a dream of her own. She wants to be a singing star. Will her dream ever come true?

This is a delightful tale told with a touch of humor. The illustrations by Brian C. Krümm are absolutely wonderful. There is a hide-and-seek game to play while you are reading, and the story is followed by notes on some of the historical figures me
Angela
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brooke Showalter (Brooke Blogs)
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books, reviews
Roxy Rogers: Your Destiny is Calling by Emily Siskin-Toy is a story that teaches us it's okay to be who you are! Roxy comes from a long line of baseball and softball players, and is always told it is her destiny to be a star softball player. But Roxy has a secret: her passion is singing. An opportunity presents itself for Roxy to shine in a way she never thought she'd be able to in front of her family.

This was a great story that teaches a wonderful lesson. I enjoyed the story, the message, and t
Bookroomreviews.com leonardo
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for young readers.Very bright and colorful illustrations by Brian C. Krumm and the author Emily Siskin-Toy did a good job with the story and getting the point across.The end of the book is interesting the author ask you to go back through the book and find the clues of Roxy's true love. ( that her clueless parent obviously couldn't find). There is also a few pages about certain historical figures mentioned on the book.
For a more in depth review visit
www.bookroomreviews.com/2
Jenn Gill
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is fantastic! Often children keep from sharing their desires for free of rejection or disappointment from their loved ones. This book teaches kids that even though your loved ones may want you to share their passions, they will still love and support you even if your dreams are different from theirs.

I would recommend this book for ages 3-8. While I agree that it is written perfectly for school-aged children who are starting to read on their own, the simple sentences and full-page illus
A Leisure Moment
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
description

To read the rest of the review, simply follow the link: http://www.aleisuremoment.com/2014/11...
Susanne Powell
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have just read the most adorable book by Emily Siskin-Toy. It's all about Roxy, a little girl with an amazing talent that is to take her to her destiny. However, Roxy has a hidden talent that she knows she must pursue... Only 16 pages long, and with the most wonderful, dynamic illustrations by Brian C Krumm, this book will win over readers of all ages and deliver a powerful life message at the same time.
Frelisa Walker
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-books
Roxy Rogers Your Destiny Is Calling by Emily Siskin-Toy Illustration by Brain C. Krumm

I enjoy reading a book that has the main character followed her dream. I recommend this book. It's wonderfully told with historical information woven into the story. It has a quick history lesson included after the end of the story.

Ages Recommend: 6-8
Peggy
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Even thought you may think no one will support you and the dream you have, you will never know until you go after it! And that's just what Roxy does! Great book for kids!

*Received for an honest review*
Claudia
Oct 12, 2014
alicia croy
May 18, 2015
  • Isabella Babysits Baxter
  • When Violet Was Blue
  • Frizzy, the S.A.D. Elf (Santa's Izzy Elves, #4)
  • Lobo Goes to the Galapagos (The Adventures of Lovable Lobo, #5)
  • Frankie Dupont And The Mystery Of Enderby Manor
  • Prince Iggy and the Kingdom of Naysayer
  • Ten Thankful Turkeys
  • Dream Warriors (Joey Cola, #1)
  • Sweet T and the North Wind
  • Mini Myths: Make a Wish, Midas!
  • Blucy: The Blue Cat
  • Tumbleweed Christmas
  • A Different Kind of Safari
  • Sing-Along Construction Song
  • Whiny Whiny Rhino
  • Billy and Monster's Golden Christmas
  • Rachel's Day in the Garden
  • Bash and Lucy Fetch Jealousy
We all have a true passion in life, but it’s oftentimes something entirely the opposite of what we pursue. Of course, I am talking about career pursuits, not LOVE--just making sure we are on the same page! I always dreamed of writing children’s books, but initially chose a more conventional writing career path for a good, long while. Then the inspiration for Roxy Rogers: Your Destiny Is Calling ca ...more