Start by marking “Rock Courtship (Rock Kiss, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Rock Courtship (Rock Kiss, #1.5)

Rock Courtship (Rock Kiss #1.5)

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  5,068 Ratings  ·  585 Reviews
New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh's new contemporary romance novella is pure hard rock and scorching heat...

What happens when the Gentleman of Rock decides to play dirty?

A drummer for the hottest rock band on the planet, David has a single, powerful weakness: Thea, the band's publicist and the woman who steals his breath away with her every move.

Only problem i
Published September 30th 2014 by TKA Distribution

Kristen
4 to 4 1/2–David Rocked My World–Stars!

description

I really enjoyed this novella. In fact, it didn't read like a novella but read more like a full length novel. It was full of characterization, creative dialogue, and sensual romance. It also featured a sexy, tattooed, and very determined hero that stole my heart and made me swoon.

It's refreshing read a rock star romance where the hero is easy to fall in love with. And, boy, did I fall in love with David. He's charming, shy, loyal, and genuine. He's pure c
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
Oct 25, 2014 ♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥ rated it really liked it
4 gentleman stars!!

My feelings for this book can be summed up in one single GIF.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I didn't like the first book that much. I barely finished it. So my expectations for this weren't much to begin with but I was pleasantly surprised at how much how I liked this one.

David and Thea's story overlapped that of Molly and Fox. We know from Rock Addiction that David has a thing for Thea for quite some time now but Thea keeps shooting him down because David is a client, and Thea has a rule about not datin
XxTainaxX
May 11, 2016 XxTainaxX rated it really liked it
This was sweet. David knew exactly what he wanted and with a little guidance from Thea's sister Molly, he was able to eventually get Thea to take a chance on him. His memorandums and rebuttals to hers were scorching hot lol Though It took me a bit to warm up to Thea, I liked her at the end and felt she handled the different issues that came up pretty well. It took her a while to accept David due to having been burned before. David was utterly devoted to her and all the more awesome for it. I fou ...more
Beverly
4 Stars

After reading Rock Addiction I was pretty nervous about whether or not I should continue with the series. The first book had a TON of sex, which I am all for, but very little actual story. So seeing this was a novella I went out on a limb and decided to give the series another shot. I did like this one a lot better. For one, there was a lot of story and dialogue between Thea and David.

This story picks up where Rock Addiction leaves off. David has had a crush on his publicist, Thea, for ye
Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘
FOUR TO FOUR AND A HALF STARS!

I looooved this novella. It had pretty much all my favourite elements of win in it: interracial couple, family-oriented mcs, a dirty talker, and some type of quirk that allowed for some hella sexy times.

Rock Courtship is how gentleman rockstar David Rivera gets his groove back. After being turned down by the band's publicist Thea Arsana, David is absolutely gutted. He knows that his feelings for her runs deep and has no idea how he could get her to give him a chance
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
(ARC provided by author)

What do you get when you put together the "Gentleman of Rock" and the "Take No Prisoners" Publicist? Sounds like a match made in heaven and it is. The problem is that Thea does not date her clients...and David is definitely a client.

I knew I would enjoy this book just based on the memos we heard about in Rock Addiction. What I wasn't prepared for was the slow burn and slow build of two people falling in love. I LOVED those memos especially that last one! ♥ Not only were
Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySkanky ⚓️ Steamy Reads
4 Stars

I really enjoyed this one. Like Rock Addiction, Rock Courtship is very different from Nalini Singh's other works...so don't go in expecting some Psy-Changeling/Guild Hunter type action or you are going to be sorely disappointed. If you liked Rock Addiction, however, you will love this one also.

David and Thea are both great characters - especially David. It's always refreshing to read about a rock star that isn't a typical cookie cutter man whore (not that I don't love those on occasion t
Duchess Nicole
I loved this book! The "Gentleman of Rock" won me over immediately. Not only is he a drummer, whom I always tend to find sexiest of the band members, but he's also a nice guy hiding a sexual maestro on the inside.

My biggest complaint with book one was how much blah sex littered the pages, but this story had sex scenes that were few and far between (a good thing!) and the smexy times that were included were meaningful and blow your head off sexy!

I liked how Thea was a tough girl on the outside,
Shawna
Aug 03, 2014 Shawna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-nalini-singh, favorites, contemporary-romance, hero-im-gaga-over, hero-beta, hero-mix-of-alpha-beta, favorite-romance-series, anthologies-novellas-shorts, hero-i-wanna-marry, im-a-cover-hottie-ho, friends-to-lovers, hero-celibate-virgin-virginesque, favorite-romance-couple-hh-pairings, hero-latin-lover-heartthrob, tattoos-piercings-body-art, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, hero-or-heroine-asian-polynesian, hero-or-heroine-exotic, hh-interracial-romance, sweet-romance-left-smile-on-my-face, favorite-beautiful-lush-cool-covers, hero-or-heroine-illegitimate, heroine-beautiful-bombshell, hero-gentleman, i-read-kindle, kindle, unrequited-love-crush, hh-musician-rocker-singer-popstar, 5-stars, steam-3-hot, hh-love-commitment-marriage-phobic, love-letters-diary-correspondence, hh-rags-to-riches, hero-daddy-warbucks-wealthy, hero-too-yummy-perfect-to-be-true, hero-besotted-so-smitten-its-sexy, best-wittiest-banter-dialogue, best-endings-epilogues, hh-smart-intellectual-brainy-geek, hero-nice-guy-gets-the-girl, hero-tattalizing, heroine-miss-independent, a-all-time-favorite-hero, hh-famous-celebrity, heroine-classy-lady, hero-bedroom-bad-boy, hero-alpha, hero-sharp-dressed-man, heroine-sassy-full-of-attitude, hh-biracial-multiracial, all-work-no-play-on-the-job-romance, new-adult-romance, loved-you-from-afar-or-for-years, hero-my-romancelandia-husband-harem, ending-awesome-best-hea, hero-sexy-suit-tie-wearing-bad-boy, 2014-reads, best-fave-reads-of-2014, heroine-career-professional-success, series-rock-kiss, hero-sweet, hero-husband-worthy-swoonalicious
5 stars – Contemporary/Rock Star Romance Novella

Loved this!!!! Everything about it was just fabulous! David was such a perfect, swoonalicious, husband-worthy hero, the memos were clever, saucy, witty, and sexy, the romance was sigh-inducing, sweet, and steamy, and it had just the right amount of sensual, hot sex scenes.

And gawd, David’s (view spoiler) memo was just...sigh, swoon!

Favorite Memo/Quote:

(view spoiler)
Jilly
Jun 27, 2016 Jilly rated it really liked it

Our girl, Thea, was cheated on and is therefore not dating at all anymore. The douche who cheated on her blamed her for his weakness and shattered her self-image while he was at it. Yeah, dude, it's always the girl's fault for not keeping you happy. What, did she not make you a sandwich or something? Poor you!

That other dog didn't mean anything to me, baby, I swear!
Joanita

Reasons why every romance lover should read this book

Introduction: In this review I will explain why you, a romance lover, should read this book RIGHT now.

First, a superhot and sexy drummer who knows how to seduce his woman’s mind by writing her panty melting memos in convincing her to give him a chance.

CC
This was my first book by Nalini Singh.

Loved the humor in the beginning. The hero's pursuit, memo writing, etc! It was fun. The heroine was ok. Damaged from her cheating ex, she blows the hero off repeatedly. Turns him down. Thank goodness he is determined.

But I thought it got dragged down in too much of a slow burn for a novella. They spend many months apart before getting together. Then they still spent time apart because of their jobs. Then there was the stupid drama thrown in towards the e
Dali
Aug 16, 2014 Dali rated it it was amazing

Nalini gives us exactly what she advertises and more, a sweet, sexy and swoon worthy courtship rocker style.

There were very diverse opinions regarding Rock Addiction, the first book in the Rock Kiss series. Mainly because it’s a complete departure from Nalini’s well established paranormal romance genre. But her character development is excellent in whatever trope she writes in, and upon meeting Thea and David in the first installment I knew I would want to know more and wasn’t disappointed.

I lo
~ Becs ~

Now available from Amazon

photo ROCKCOURTSHIPGRAPHIC_zps60c595df.jpg

Rock Courtship is a novella of Nalini Singh’s Rock Kiss series but will work perfectly well as a standalone although I can recommend reading the first book, Rock Addiction.

This one actually felt more like a novel than a novella – it’s definitely got the feel of a full-length love story as go on a journey with David and Thea. Thea is the band’s publicity manager and David the drummer – he’s known as the gentleman of rock for his fairly conservative dress sense and his
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Oct 02, 2014 Jo ★The Book Sloth★ rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, na
3.5 Still Not The Nalini I Love Stars

This book was considerably better than Rock Addiction but still not in the league of what Nalini Singh can write. It's like there is something missing from these books. I would say that they miss the "soul" of her Paranormal ones but then I would have to admit that Singh probably delved into this genre because of the hype and the money. And although I don't see anything wrong with writing for the money, I still expect better results from her.

That being said,
Elle the ClosetRomanceReader aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
3.5 ★

This story is now about Schoolboy Choir's drummer, David, and Molly's half-sister, Thea. It was nice to see at least that this was not insta-love. No extreme highs or lows, just a steady-going build up. A bit of a drama at the end but nothing angst-y.

Seriously, I've said it before in my review of Rock Addiction, and I'll say it again. I swear, Ms. Singh must've gathered every girl's imaginable rock star fantasy out there and put them all in this series' H's. These boys can't seem to do any
Glamdring
Rock Courtship happens at the same time as Rock Addiction and is a sweet story. I enjoyed this one much more than Rock Addiction and loved the memos...

Beth
Sep 09, 2014 Beth rated it really liked it
I’ve always loved Nalini Singh’s fantasy, paranormal works so I figured I’d give her new romance Rock Courtship a shot, boy am I glad I did.

Rock Courtship is the story of drum player, David, and publicist, Thea. David has been pining after Thea for quite some time but she was engaged. Once her engagement falls through, David takes his shot at winning Thea’s heart.

It is a cute but very steamy courtship via memos. Fun, highly entertaining and heart felt, Rock Courtship is a wonderfully short roman
Ren

Way, waaay better than the predecessor, Rock Addiction! This is Nalini Singh that I'm familiar with :D. Yeah, there are some cliches too, but not too much like RA. And I can relate to Thea (heh, we shared the same heritage :p, even I'm a Javanese rather than Balinese) and David, whom in my opinion is better than Fox :)

Really love the memos! :D. I love this kind of courtship and yea, one of Nalini Singh signature in her story is the hero slowly woo the heroine which imho, romantic! It's
Gio
T's Book ~ Tanja
Sep 10, 2014 T's Book ~ Tanja rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-favorites
Reasons Why You Should Read This Book

Introduction: I tell you that I was nervous and anticipatory to read Rock Courtship, I also tell you the reasons and then give you my happy thoughts.

First and foremost, I went in nervous after reading book one in this series. I DNF’d it at 50% due to lack of a storyline and waaaaaay too much sex. So you see, I was hesitant to grab this novella.

Second, I met these two characters in book one, so having partially read it, I have a foundation to build from with w
AH
Memo to self: Find a David of my own.

This book focuses on David and Thea. David has been head over heels in love with Thea for a long time but Thea has strict rules about dating her clients. Thea's sister Molly suggests that David write a memo to Thea detailing the reasons why she should date him. Molly tells David that there is no way that Thea could resist responding to a memo. David proceeds to write an incredibly sexy memo....and Thea writes an even sexier rebuttal.

I loved these two. I love
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
*I received a free ARC of Rock Courtship from TKA Distribution via Netgalley in exchange of an honest and unbiased review*

ARC received on September 16 2104.

Sizzling hot, but still tender and character-driven, Rock Courtship is a beautiful story!

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
*I received a free audio ARC of Rock Courtship from Tantor Media in exchange of an honest and unbiased review*

Rock Courtship is both hot and sweet, and well narrated as well.

~Kristin~
Apr 11, 2015 ~Kristin~ rated it really liked it
Dina
3 1/2 stars (rounded up to 4 stars, because David is going to be the father of my next make-believe baby - and no, my name isn't Naomi, LOL)
Rock Courtship is the second story in Nalini Singh's Rock Kiss series and features Schoolboy Choir's drummer David and their publicist Thea. If you've read Rock Addiction then you'll be familiar with both of these characters and you'll have already seen how head over heels David is for Thea. I had high hopes for this story because I was already a big fan of David and I'm happy to say he didn't disappoint me.

David is such a sweet guy, he hasn't let the band's success go to his head and is a genui
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
4.5 Stars

This novella was adorable perfection. Yes, it’s short. But it had me from the beginning and didn’t let me go until I had read the last word. Well actually from before that because I fell for these two in the first book. Just from the first glimpse I wanted them together. And then I was dying to read their story!

ROCK COURTSHIP is sort of parallel time wise to ROCK ADDICTION. The attraction had always been there between David and Thea but things hadn’t gone any further. With a little of
Katie(babs)
Aug 01, 2014 Katie(babs) rated it liked it
Rock Courtship (Rock Kiss #1.5) by Nalini Singh is sexy cute. David, “the drummer for the hottest rock band on the planet” is a total sweetheart, known as the Gentleman of Rock because he’s so levelheaded and doesn’t get into trouble. But he has it bad for Thea, his bands’ publicist. Thea tries to keep it professional between her and David because she’s still scarred from her cheating ex-fiancé and she doesn’t believe a rock star like David can stay faithful or remain interested in her.

Thea’s si
Sassafrass
OMG, this was adorable. I loved how David got through to Thea with the memos. HA! Perfect. Good on Molly for being the one to give him that idea. I completely get why she was gun shy considering what had happened to her in her past relationship but she knew that relationship was different right from the get go. I was happy to see them get their HEA but I wish just wish it had been longer. I wanted more of these two for sure.

I'm enjoying this series. Being as though it's such a departure from wha
Nalini Singh Fans: Rock Courtship (Rock Kiss, #1.5) 22 55 Dec 28, 2014 05:43PM
  • Dead By Midnight: An I-Team Christmas (I-Team #7.5)
  • You Own Me
  • Hot Summer Lust
  • Ultimate Vengeance (Wanted Men, #4)
  • True Devotion (True, #2)
  • Temptations of a Wallflower (The Wicked Quills of London, #3)
  • Riot (Mayhem, #2)
  • Sex and the Single Vamp
  • A Gentleman Never Tells (Essex Sisters, #4.5)
  • His to Claim
  • The Name of the Game (Something New, #3)
  • Fanning the Flames (Jackson: Girls' Night Out, #0.5)
  • Pia Saves the Day (Elder Races, #6.6)
  • The Chocolate Heart (Amour et Chocolat, #5)
  • Dirty Talk (Mechanics of Love, #2)
  • Lessons in Gravity (Study Abroad, #2)
  • Untouched (Silver Creek, #2)
  • The Lesson Plan (Lords of Lancashire #1)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more
More about Nalini Singh...

Rock Kiss (5 books)
  • Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss, #1)
  • Music Awards (Rock Kiss, #1.1)
  • Rock Hard (Rock Kiss, #2)
  • Rock Redemption (Rock Kiss, #3)
  • Rock Wedding (Rock Kiss, #4)

“When you suffer such a big hurt, the longer you permit it to live in you, the bigger it grows, until it seeks to devour your soul.” 12 likes
“You don’t mind calluses, do you, Thea? They come from drumming so intensely over a long period. All that physical work also means I have plenty of stamina. I can go as long and as hard as you want, or as slow and as deep, or any combination thereof. Hard and deep. Slow and long. Hard, deep, long? I can do that.

Your choice”