Start by marking “The Revenger” as Want to Read:

The Revenger

The real hero of this story is dead. You should have met him. He was a beautiful man. The love of my life. I didn’t deserve him.

Now what’s left are the jagged edges of the person I am without him, and what I have to do to get by. This isn’t even a story about love. Not really. It’s a twisted tale of revenge and hate—a happily never after.

The only man in my life now is the
ebook
Published February 22nd 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Revenger, please sign up.

Start your review of The Revenger
Jennifer Kyle
4 "You got some good in you" STARS

[image error]

Debra Anastasia adds a very different type story to her writing collection with this novel. It’s about a mother who survived a car crash that killed her husband and young daughter and she’s struggling with her purpose and will to live ever since.

”Every morning, I get hit by a truck. Every afternoon, my mind gets to take a bath in lava. Every night is black. I don’t want to be here without them.”

description

Savannah Raine wants so desperately to hold onto he
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Debra Anastasia" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: The Revenger
AUTHOR: Debra Anastasia
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: 22nd February, 2016

MY RATING:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Witches do not hunt me down *whispers* this will be my first time reading anything by this author *Grabs witch repellent*

THE REVENGER: Starts off with her visiting the one year anniversary of her husbands and daughters unmarked grave and due to this Savvy is a wom
Tara
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to need at least a few months to get over this book and the need to cry every time I think about it. Debra completely blew me away with this story. It's so unique and just AMAZING. I cried, I smiled, my heart broke, it was healed, I couldn't read it fast enough it was so exciting, and then I bawled like a baby and now I hate her for making me cry. But I love her for this story and how beautiful and horrifying and heart-pounding it was. Five stars aren't even close to being enough. Savv ...more
Lo Bookfrantic
SERIOUSLY I WILL HAVE FULL REVIEW SOON PROMISE...THIS READING ADDICTION NEEDS TO STOP I GOTTA CATCH UP ON REVIEWS DANG IT LOL

~~~~~FULL REVIEW TO COME~~~~~

This book was really good I enjoyed it a lot definitely nothing what I was expecting.

Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
☆☆☆☆ 4 "Craving Red" Stars ☆☆☆☆

"I'm too weak to die, and I have nothing to live for. If I could just stop breathing, maybe the pain would end."

photo PicsArt_03-06-02.56.51_zpsuryo7kyd.jpg

Savvy is beyond heart broken. Losing the two loves of her life, her husband Kal and baby girl Sarah to a devasting car accident.

An accident Savvy survived because she chose to save herself instead of her family in a split second decision. That decision is an ever present blame her soul splinters to every minute of every day.

"The heartbreak is whit
Debra Anastasia
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

Excerpt #1

“What the hell are you?” He searched frantically for the door latch, his panic making him oblivious to the open top of the Jeep above him.
He didn’t deserve an answer, and he wouldn’t get one. Only in her head would she respond. She pulled him from the backseat and held him aloft, thinking, I’m a mom without a reason. I’m a person without a life. I’m dead with no escape.

Excerpt #2

There was very little chatter after the alarming phone call. Savvy looked at the clock. It w
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 25, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Debra Anastasia Fans, Romance
RIGHT NOW - FREE
What do you do when everything has been taken away from you...
Oh, I'm not talking about missing out on the job you wanted...
or the boyfriend you pined for...

No, I am talking about real life-changing tragedies...
A husband... a child... gone in a blink of an eye...

How can a woman so in love with her dead husband and baby survive...
What steps will she take and when trying to "join" them...
It turns out her time and purpose have evolved...
Into being ...

A gifted copy wa
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Revenger by Debra Anastasia
4 stars!!

“Isn’t time supposed to heal all wounds?”

Is there no end to the talent of Debra Anastasia? From the Paranormal Seraphim series, to the dark and gritty Poughkeepsie series and then to the hilarious and down-right filthy Gynazule series, Debra Anastasia now brings us a raw, gripping, emotional story with a slight fantasy element. The Revenger was not what I expected, but none the less I was pleasantly surprised and couldn’t put it down.

“I
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book blind. I didn't read any reviews, and really just skimmed the blurb. I had no idea what I was getting into, so imagine my surprise when I was blown away by how good this sucker was...

description

A year ago Savvy (love that name) lost her husband and child in an accident. Over the past year she hasn't been able to move on, and has tried to kill herself on a couple of occasions. I was expecting some sort of "revenge" plot, what I wasn't expecting was a BADASS superhero vigilante. But OH
Tara Dawn (Colourful WordWench)
Wow! This book is not what I expected, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. If you are looking for a dark romance, you will NOT find it here. Why it's labeled as such is beyond me, because I read a shit ton of dark books and I know the difference. I don't know if she's trying to cash in on one of the hottest genres right now, but it's not. Sorry to break it to you. What this story is like though is a very badass urban fantasy of sorts, with a hint of romance.

This isn't the first book by Debra I've read.
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
If you are looking for your next intense, intoxicating, suspenseful, un-put-down-able 5 star read, then look no further... THIS IS IT!

"Every morning, I get hit by a truck. Every afternoon, my mind gets to take a bath in lava. Every night is so black. I don't want to be here without them."

That, right there sums up the deep intensity of this story. The Revenger starts with a woman, Savannah Raine (Savvy) consumed in darkness. The loss of her Husband and Daughter has stripped her of everything s
L.J (Lisa Jane)
This is not my normal kind of book but it's Deb and I will read anything she writes simply because I adore her but more so because I love her writing style and her creative imagination.

This story is creative and original and with the paranormal aspect, very intriguing.
I liked the way it played out from past to present to past and then future....( You will have to read it to understand that).

This book had incredible characters that you can really connect with. I really enjoyed getting to know the
1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you know me at all, you’ll know it is very rare that someone or something—or in this case, a book—can leave me speechless. This book has done just that. Not only am I speechless, I am knocked on my ass by the force by which this book hit me.

So, now that I am down here, let me tell you my thoughts… First and foremost, this book is so different from anything I have ever read that I have nothing to compare it to—and that in itself is a hard feat. Second, I was literally transported into Savvy’s
S.R. Grey
5 Kick-Ass Stars!

Wow . . . just, wow, people! What a wickedly good ride!

photo tumblrinlinemjixnkxzqf1_zps82b7af61.gif

If you're looking for something different, something that has you turning the pages, needing to know what the hell is going on and what will happen next, then please do yourself a favor and pick up The Revenger.

Savvy Raine is a mother and a wife who's been handed almost too much to bear. She's broken and ready to give up.

photo tumblr_m506qqACYi1qg7g90o1_r1_500_zpsf2cc9b09.gif

But then she finds a way to survive. And that's when the wild ride begins. Savvy discovers .
Up All Night Book Addict
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews, read-2016

Where do I start with this review? This book is unlike anything I have read. It's raw, gritty, sad and redeeming all at once. Its unique storyline had me drawn to it for a while now.

Have you ever read one of those books where you told yourself that you needed a boo like this at a particular moment but didn't realize you needed it until you read it? That's this book for me. Sure, I love dark books. I like books that give me so much more than a baseline of a story. This one is so much more than th
Christina Szczepan-santos
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
****Review to come****
I received this from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Wow wow wow!!!!!!!
Savvy is a kick ass heroine. Once I started I couldn't put it down.
Savvy is the perfect heroine, she's strong!
This book did gut me at times but so worth.
I'm a huge Debra fan.
I've loved every single book she's ever written and this one is no different.
love love loved it!
Debra you rock!!!!
Cristina
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW UPDATE !!

Review Posted Also On Crazy Beautiful Reads

THIS IS NO FREAKING ORDINARY BOOK BY OUR BELOVED DEBRA ANASTASIA- just a heads-up if you are planning on reading it, that's all !

Debra Anastasia just had outdone herself with this one. And it is the simple and pure truth. Thank you for making me fall for your book and afterwards cutting me open, get my heart out and kill me - not fast but rather in slow motion for your "entertainment". But I loved it ! I still have tears in my eyes after
Lisa
Usually, I don't like going into a book blind... but I did for this one. I intentionally ignored reviews and in-depth summaries because I heard how fabulous it is and I wanted to experience it all on my own.
And I'm glad I did! Holy cow! This book is so god-damn good!! It was one amazing roller coaster of a story; for not only the characters but for me as the reader. I felt very strong feelings of sympathy, curiosity, horror, disgust, excitement, and so, SO much more! Savvy's story had my heart
Karen
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-best-reads
Sod a freaking dog and fleck me sideways, what the hell did I just read?

Debra Anastasia! How on earth? What in the world? I need wine. I need to lay down on cool sheets and have someone stroke my hair.

Amazing.

Gripping.

Intriguing.

Inspirational.

I'm totally in awe of the perfection of this book. I'll let you into a little secret, it's not really a spoiler, but there is weird shit going on. Savvy - she is like, super badass. You know the type, I'm talking Margo Moon, Deanna Madden, Katniss Everdene,
⏃ : ✦ villainous_vixen ⏃ : ✦
4.5 Deadly Stars
*Received an arc in exchange for an honest review*
Savvy is the judge, jury, executioner, but most of all she is the Revenger.

"I can't kill me, but I am sure I can find someone who will do the deed. For the first time in a year, Savvy smiled."

This book was honestly very different from what I thought it would be. But I loved it!
We have a women named Savvy who lost everything she cared about. She is on a downward spiral, wanting to end her suffering. Her brother Tobias has been t
Hooker Heels Book Blog
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit that when I read the synopsis, I was a little skeptical but more so curious than anything else. I have read some of the most poignant and funniest romances books by this author in the past and I swear that Debra Anastasia’s talent is limitless.

The Revenger is certainly not what I expected. Don’t let the synopsis fool you. Although, the synopsis a little ambiguous, The Revenger is a wild and crazy conundrum of one woman’s quest to reconnect with the life that was so tragically ta
H.
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*Over-readersanonymous Book Blog*
Wow!! I have read all of this authors books and The Revenger blew me away. It's a bit dark, gritty with a touch of romance. A mix of paranormal and fantasy. At first I wasn't sure what to make of Savvy. She is shattered and broken. She doesn't want to be fixed. Her story made me shed a tear or two. What I didn't expect was her to become the badass she became. This book will test your morals in a way that really makes you think. Savvy does things that will make yo
Amanda
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG wow! I really REALLY enjoyed this book! It was just so different and interesting, exciting and so VERY sad that I devoured the book in day. Its not often a book drags me in deep that I drop everything and just read to the end! For that alone I would give it a 4.5 stars! The story was like a comic book on steroids. At first it was a bit confusing and a little jagged as we stepped into the story and witnessed all Savvy's pain and heartbreak, then it was full on kick-butt action stuff at its be ...more
Trish Jones
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is fantastic, draws you in and keeps you wondering what's gonna happen next. Thoroughly recommend! ...more
Smutty McBookwhore
Madeleine
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this talented author and it was so good. I have no clue why I waited so long to start reading her books. I finished it in a day because I was hooked from the first paragraph. Dark, intrigue and good.
Coco.V
Oct 24, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (10/24/2020)! 🎁
Rebecca
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I never quite know what I’m going to get when I dive into a Debra Anastasia story. She has a unique style to her writing - one that doesn’t confine her to certain standards - one that allows her to shape the plot and her characters the way she wants to without worrying about the reality of situations - the fantastical works for Anastasia, and she definitely delivers the extraordinary and other worldly in her newest release, The Revenger.

“You just fight the bad guys and keep the good people safe.
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

3 Stars.

I was eager to begin The Revenger after reading the blurb. The first page had tears prickling my eyes as I read about how lifelike the emotions felt by Savvy when dealing with the loss of her husband and daughter. I settled in to read the book in its entirety, just knowing it would be a page-turner.

Then it took an odd yet unexpected turn. A turn I hadn't anticipated after reading the blurb again. The Revenger took on a
Laurie
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know where to start with this review. The Revenger moved me in ways that I am still processing and I desperately want to make sure that I do this beautiful book justice. Debra Anastasia has crafted a powerful story about grief and love that will hurt your very soul, but also heal it.

I am finally going to stop saying that I don’t read paranormal books, because I read paranormal books. It’s funny, two of my all-time favorite TV series are The X-Files and Buffy. They were both paranormal, r
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Fallen
  • One More Step
  • A Warm Heart in Winter (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18.5)
  • The Not-Outcast
  • Exodus (The Ravenhood, #2)
  • Shadows in Death (In Death, #51)
  • Hatemates
  • Savage Lover  (Brutal Birthright #3)
  • My Favorite Souvenir
  • Layla
  • The Anti-Boyfriend
  • Flock (The Ravenhood, #1)
  • Cruel Boy
  • Bodyguard Beast
  • We Were Once
  • Dovetail
  • Play On (Play On, #1)
  • The F List
… he walked a tightrope five stories up just to hold my hand.

Gaze: I moved into the building next to Pixie when I was eleven. She blew bubbles through my window. I shot my Nerf gun through hers. We both had secrets, but one of us was fated to get hurt. I wanted it to be me.

Pixie: When I was afraid of the dark, he would shine a light in my window. We shared our popsicles and I taught him how to get

News & Interviews