Start by marking “The Prisoner (The Replacement, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Prisoner (The Replacement, #2)

The Prisoner

(The Replacement #1.5)

***THE PRISONER is a novella (approx. 25,000 words) intended to be read AFTER The Replacement. Contains explicit material and language.***

My name is Christian Walker, and Elise Duchamp is my drug of choice.

No matter how hard I try to break the habit, it’s a lost cause. Okay, maybe I haven’t really tried to quit this particular habit. All I can think about is owning her.
Published July 24th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Prisoner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prisoner

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.75-5 Stars

This is Christian Walker's book, people! CHRISTIAN's!!

Sigh...
 photo ChristianfromthePrisoner_zpsbfc3ae17.jpg
**Photo found on Google images**

**Possible spoilers**

“I like what I like. It might be flashy, but it’s what I want. Make no mistake,” I give her hand a firm but gentle squeeze, “same old can be a good thing. When it’s good, it never grows dull.”

While reading the Replacement back in November, I fell in love, well rather, in lust with Christian Walker. No, he wasn’t the main Hero in that book, but his persona was very ha
Anas Attic  Book Blog

The Prisoner Rachael Wade

The Prisoner by Rachael Wade
Novella companion to The Replacement (can maybe stand alone.)
The Prisoner by Rachael Wade is a novella to be read after The Replacement , though honestly, I think it could stand on it's own. The novella is Christian Walker's story. I thought it would be a story about him after the events of The Replacement. But no, it actually starts with his first contact with Elise Duchamp and follows the timeline of the first book, pretty much.

Though this is told from the ma
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
The fine line between love and obsession...
Another thought provoking, eye opening read from Rachael Wade. Christian is the one that we want to hate, he's breaking all the rules. We don't want to like him, but maybe he really does have a heart. When the layers are peeled back and we see underneath, will we still feel that way? Everyone wants to be wanted, right? Everyone deserves to be loved, dirty angels, and prisoners alike. Is there someone out there with the key to unlock their hearts and rel
Heather
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOLY HOTNESS!!!
I finished this quick ARC of The Prisoner in about 2 hours. It is a great read and companion to The Replacement. The story is quick and original and the sex scenes are well written and HOT!! Great read that I highly recommend!!!
Savannah
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Open mind, wicked readers
I received this book for free via the tour promoter in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Christian Walker is a thirty years old man, sexy, married, successful, he runs a hotel chain but he is not happy. His marriage is a sad facade, his wife isn't happy, she only cares about her beautiful home and spends time with other people.

Christian has been unfaithful with a few women, Lola a married woman is one of them, but he is really
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

Amazon Buy Link--->> The Prisoner (The Replacement)

~~ 5 "Christian Walker" Stars ~~

Have you ever read a book and have fallen for a secondary character and wanted to know more about that person?? Well that is what happened to me in The Replacement from Rachael Wade. We meet Christian Walker and I didn't like his character very much but he intrigued me for some reason. When I saw Rachael was writing a novella from Christian's
Adrienne Scales

I want, no scratch that, I NEED more Christian Walker.

You really need to read the The Replacement before reading this novella.  My review for The Replacement can be found here.  The Prisoner is solely about Christian Walker and his obsession with Elise Duchamp and we're given the insight behind what led Christian to have an affair with a waitress who was known for getting around with all the local men.  Once he had her, he couldn't and wouldn't let go.

If you've already read The Replacement you k

Cézanne Hayden-Dilbert

Oh Christian Walker, how I love you. When I first read The Replacement earlier this year, I absolutely fell in love with the book. It was a mix of sexual desires, temptation, and finding yourself. It was a different type of character and story that I was used to but I was so drawn to it. When we first met Christian Walker in The Replacement, we don’t know much about him. He had this charisma, charm, and sex appeal but there as a bit of mystery surrounding who Christian Walker was.

“Bec
Three Chicks
3.5 Stars

Review by Jen Hagen

The Prisoner is only to be read if you have completed The Replacement. It will hold no significance if you read it as a stand alone. This is told completely from Christian’s point of view.

Christian is 30 years old and is in a loveless marriage, things not having been right between him and Kylie for several months. He finds extra-marital activities on the side with various women. I obviously did not pay attention to a minor detail in the first book that he was a cheati
tyrianpurple
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Elise duChamp
Christian Walker

1st POV of the Hero. Contains cheating with married man. not too descriptive sex. i love this more than the full length novel, The Replacement.

Elise is sooo wicked. The way she forced Christian to own up his cheating act by fucked her in his wife piano, in front of their happilly married picture, using his wife stilettos.
“When I say I don’t do romance, I mean I don’t do romance. Don’t fuck up a good thing, Christian.”

Christian. Wow. He is the definition of dominant a
Kim
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

Full confession: I had a really hard time rating this book. I think it's the first time I've found myself this conflicted over a novella. It was well-written and definitely told an interesting story, but I struggled with Christian. He's not a very likable man. But, he never was meant to be. At least in my opinion. In the end, this is really what I consider a 3.5 star book, but I rounded up to four since I don't really give half stars. :)

What I en
Tnt Reviews
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The Prisoner is an add-on to The Replacement. I expected Ryder to be the male protagonist in this book but was wonderfully surprised to find Christian Walker as the main character.

I absolutely loved this book. It is refreshing and crisp and although I didn't root for him in The Replacement, I can totally see why Elise kept going back for more. Christian is a great name and it reminds us of yet another rich, good looking Christian (a
Karen
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The Prisoner’s story actually takes place at the same time as the Replacement, but it is from a totally different angle. The Prisoner is meant to be read after The Replacement. This novella tells the story of Christian. He is a man who starts sleeping with Elise before she meets Ryder. He is one of many men that Elise has sex with while they are married. They have this lusty affair and it eventually consumes Christian, to the point that he leaves his wife to pursue it. Christian is this lusty al ...more
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
I received a review copy for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl.

There's a fine line between love and obsession, and Christian walked that line every time he met up with Elise. Knowing he's a wealthy man might have biased me, but I truly believe he wanted to own Elise rather than have a healthy loving relationship with her. Told from his POV, The Prisoner showed how very self-assured he was that she'd "wake up" and realize she was his. Um, egotistical much? Yet I don't hate him; I jus
Kirsty Bicknell
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Love propels you to change, because love is evolution. Obsession shackles you into repeating the same pattern over and over, until it drives you both mad. Sometimes they go hand in hand, but at least this time I know the difference."

The Prisoner is an unusual book, Rachael Wade choosing to tell Christian's story, who had a secondary role in The Replacement as one of Elise's lovers. Although I would have preferred to read a novella concentrating on Ryder, Christian is an intriguing character who
Heather
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am going to say up front that I am giving this 4 stars. The Prisoner is just as well written as The Replacement was and it deserves it. That being said I almost wish I had read this first. I read The Replacement back in January and fell in love with Elise and Ryder. I didn’t know how hard it would be for me to backtrack and read about her relationship with Christian, since I already knew the outcome and knew who I wanted Elise with. I think this would have been a 5 star for me if there was mor ...more
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
**4.5 Stars**

Oh my goodness! Getting this intimate look at Elise and Christian's relationship from Christian's POV was absolutely fantastic! I don't know if we'll see more of Christian further down the line, so I can't say if it really added much to the series, but for me, I was delighted in getting this part of Christian.

The Prisoner shows us how Christian's obsession with Elise begins. There's something he really needed and Elise satisfied that for him. We were privy to Elise's side in The Rep
Katrina Marie
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Prisoner is a gritty novel. It shows the thin line between love and obsession.

I was really happy when I found out there was going to be a book from Christian’s point of view. There were a lot of things that happened that in The Replacement that were only hinted at, and I wanted the full story. We definitely got that. Christian is kind of creepy at times. He has a very stalker-ish vibe, but he does really care about Elise. I don’t agree with how he treats his wife. He was definitely in the wr
Bella
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a book! It was short and good and HOT!
It was awesome to read about one of the guys Christian Walker in Elise’s life well one of her many men.
If you have read the first book The Replacement then you might get all this if not READ IT!!

I loved Christian’s story I love that he is raw and wants what he wants but maybe it does not want him back .
Falling in love with someone that is not in love with you is a hard thing to do thats for sure and in this one you will see that!
I am a little upset
The Book Fairy Reviews
A great book with a twist! If you haven't read The Replacement you really should before you pick this one up.
Christian Walker was hooked when he first saw her, he just didn't know that he would never be able to break the habit of having her once he finally did.
A book where the man that thinks he should win doesn't, and that is why I loved it. He thought he could have everything he wanted including the one thing he should have wanted, Elise.
He finds out that he can be hurt that he isn't what she
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, adult
This novella gives you some of Christian and Elise's back story and brings you up to date with where they are now. Christian is very dominant and expects things to go his way because for years, that is simply the way that things have worked out. He has friends that will do as they are bid and agree to the conditions that Christian puts down.

Christian is not a good boy so don't be expecting this novella to paint him in an angelic light, unless that light is 'fallen'! He is a bad boy and knows it.
Heidi Tieman
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, rachael-wade
Raw, Hot & Dirty!

Christian....Christian....

I love him even more after this novella! I had a bit of a soft spot for him in The Replacement. He was pure hot alpha male but he was tormented, torn between two lives. His obsession with Elise took over his every waking thought. He wanted her but there was just one problem...her heart belonged to another. I am so happy we got this little glimpse into Christian's mind. He was an interesting and pivotal character in Elise's story...I would love to se
Mike
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Short but sizzling, The Prisoner gives us the point of view of Christian Walker as he weaves in and out of the story from The Replacement. Without having read The Replacement, things in this story will seem to jump around a bit and not make very much sense other than a collection of hot scenes.

Those of you who have read The Replacement I think will enjoy a peek into the inner workings of Christian. And brings a little more clarity
sue
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tours
After reading book 1 in the series and giving it 3.05 I was wondering what I would give this one.

I have to give this one a 4, I personally found it much better than book 1.

This is Christian's story and oh boy, how powerful was this! Immense.

Now this is Rachael Wade's true talent in this book where she can take you completely into the story, into the pages, between the lines and spit you out.

Awesome. Love it.
April Hesler
This was okay... well written and intriguing. Great post novella for The Replacement, I just wish it would have been Ryder's point of view. Christian is sexy as sin, dominating, and possessive in a hot way. Of course, he's married... but that doesn't stop him from pursuing Elise. She's just what he needs, but he breaks the rules and tells her he's in love. They're both broken, they've both got a void needing to be filled... is it possible they are just what the other person needs?
Natalie
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
So darn hot. A nice peak into the male thought process. Christians cheating mind and his craving for Elise. And WOW, Elise is quite the daring sexual being. This was extremely sexy and uncomfortable at times. I really enjoyed it. If you don't like reading about cheating or multiple partners this book won't be for you.

"Anything you don’t know about me is due to your lack of investment."

Loved this statement.
Crystal
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're like me you fell in love with Christian in the book The Replacement. He's a bad boy that gets what he wants and in this case it's the bad girl, Elise. This book gives us a better look at their relationship and how it evolved. I love him even more after reading this. I really hope he has another book with a HEA for him. This is a definite steamy read and it shows just how much Elise softened the bastard in Christian.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Make sure you read The Replacement before you read this book.

This is the story of Christian and why he had an affair with Elise. We read about his obsession with Elise and how she took over all his thoughts.

This is a really great quick and steamy read. Gripping read from start to finish. Loved it.
Danielle
This was short but a good companion to The Replacement. It was interesting to get Christian's point of view on a lot of things. I initially thought him and Elise would have been good together but also reading this gave light to a lot of things and how they would have never worked out.
Julia
Ugh. How anyone with a reasonably healthy psyche can find this main character appealing is beyond me.

• Darkness Within
  • Lustly
  • Permanent Bliss (Bliss, #3.5)
  • Tortured (Tortured Soul, #1)
  • Falling into the Black
  • First Dance (Vice, Virtue & Video, #0.5)
  • Fierce
  • Holding onto You (Never Letting Go, #2)
  • Shattered Innocence (Shattered, #1)
  • Lennon's Jinx (Lennon's Girls, #1)
  • The Leftover Club
  • Big Shot (Sexy Jerk World, #2)
  • Statistic (Statistic, #1)
  • The Passionate Love of a Rake (Marlow Intrigues, #3)
  • Icing on the Cake (Close to Home, #2)
  • Dream Me Off My Feet (Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll, #1)
  • Misplaced Affection
  • Wildcard: Volume Two (Wildcard, #2)

Rachael Wade writes edgy New Adult and Adult romance and science fiction. She is the author of the Amazon bestselling PRESERVATION SERIES, THE REPLACEMENT, and LOVE AND RELATIVITY, as well as the paranormal romance series THE RESISTANCE TRILOGY. When she's not writing, she's busy going to concerts, watching too many movies, and learning how to protect animals and the environment. She's an avid Bra

The Replacement (2 books)
  • The Replacement (The Replacement, #1)