Start by marking “Guardian (Rylee Adamson, #6.5)” as Want to Read:
Guardian (Rylee Adamson, #6.5)

Guardian

(Rylee Adamson #6.5)

"My name is Rylee and I am a Tracker."

When children go missing, and the Humans have no leads, I'm the one they call. I am their last hope in bringing home the lost ones. I salvage what they cannot.

After months of danger, running for my life, and dealing with one crisis after another, I'm finally getting that vacation I deserve.

I even get to take my favorite guardian w
Published August 12th 2014 by HiJinks Ink Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Guardian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guardian

Start your review of Guardian (Rylee Adamson, #6.5)
Ronda
Well!!!

For a short novel this one packed a hellofalof essential information and wow!!! I absolutely fricken love this series and each time I pick a book up, whether it is a gap filler or a full blown novel, there is always something that surprises me - and boy did this one surprise me!!!

Can't wait for the next one!
Jessica Frances
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this! With every previous story I have always wished for more time for Rylee and Liam to be together. I crave it and often the story will have them split up. So when they take a vacation together, just the two of them, I knew I was going to love this. And I absolutely did. And not only was it action packed with a mystery and heartache, it was also sweet and romantic in a way that can only happen to Rylee. And it had such a huge reveal! I’m more terrified than ever for the future of our h ...more
Dragana
Warning: Guardian is a novella that should not be skipped if you are reading this series in order. One major event is revealed here!

I'm still annoyed with talk how it's prophesied that some characters are going to die. This is the second book that a lot of time is lost on that instead of action.
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
This one should not be read out of order. It pack's a hello of a lot of essential information. It's a short novella, but dang does it shock and aww.

FRTC

Rated: 4 Stars
Cheryl
Jun 17, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read to find

Liam returns to the old wolf to find out truly what he is. Can't believe the news we find out about Rylee. But will it ever actually happen with evil coming and Liam's time running our? I hope so.
Literati Literature Lovers
Nice Sweet Love Story

Borrowed via Kindle Unlimited
4.25 Stars

Rylee and Liam head to Russia so that Liam can learn to be the Guardian from Peter, who had a few lines during Riley's hunt through Europe for Liam in book three. Vacation time for Riley is never going to happen, as bad guys are everywhere. This book helps to resolve what happened when Liam went rogue. In the story I as a reader notice the that Mayer has learned to write the emotional quiet times that I need to form deeper connections
Karen
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, shannon-mayer
I really like rylee. She is one of my favorite characters. She is also one of the characters that spaked my interest in urban fantasy.. I can't wait to read the next book... ...more
Monica
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fantastic!!
Heather
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this series, especially seeing how it intertwined with the Elemental Series. However, I'm not so sure my teenagers would enjoy it. There is a fair amount of language and gore that even I skipped through. In addition to that there are some sex scenes to skip over, and a few crude/lewd moments that I could have done without. I understood the language was a way of distinction with the Trackers in that world, and if it hadn't been for how well done the story was I don't think I would have ...more
Shelly Reddinger
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Somehow I missed reading this book during my read through of the series. I knew I had to read it knowing I must have missed some major things. I'm so glad I took the time to go back and read this.

This book takes place during Rylee and Liam's vacation. Which turns out to not be much of a vacation towards the end. They start out having a relatively calm vacation and decide to take a ride on Blaze to go out to a remote werewolf pack that can help Liam understand what he is going through.

Of course
Amanda
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this novella. Absolutely loved it. I needed more Rylee and Liam since they weren’t together for a lot of book 6 and this was perfect. As usual, there’s action in here, but there’s lots of love too. There’s also a very big reveal in the book, so definitely don’t skip this novella! I’m so happy with how the ending went that I almost don’t want to finish the series and live in my own little world. Ha. I’m so scared for these prophesies to come true and I don’t want to be sad. But even so, I ...more
Simoné
This short novella was very necessary to read before the next book in the series. With so much that happens in it and some secrets revealed, it would be best to read it if you didn't want to guess what happened going forward.

Rylee and Liam, on vacation in Russia so that he could meet with the wolf pack there. Queue all sorts of drama and action and it is our typical Rylee book. Although it wasn't my favourite in the series it was still awesome to see Rylee and Liam together for longer than five
Irene Marshall
Apr 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

Just a short novella but packed with typical Rylee Adamson adventures she and Liam take a short vacation mostly so that Liam can learn from the old wolf Peter and to give these two some well deserved rest. Never turns out that way trouble is just around the corner in the guise of human hunters taking the lives of wolves who have renounced violence. These hunters are taking children of both wolves and witches Rylee and Liam have to intervene and destroy the hunters whilst bringing wolves
Soulfire
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s been a few years since I’ve read a book in this series and I was concerned I wouldn’t remember what was going on. The fact that this book is just a novella really helped that. It was a side story that eased me back into the characters and didn’t throw me into the deep end.
Even though it was short a lot happened and there were developments that grew the characters. It was short but impactful. It also hinted at what was going on in the world so I feel better prepared to start back into the se
Missie Jones
Aug 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ohhh so good

This was a short but oh so good novella ! Rylee & Liam are thrown into another battle of good verses evil, while Liam is trying to learn more of his guardian powers. I won't tell what happens, however the ending filled my heart! The love of these two are what dreams are made of. You MUST read this one !!!!
I highly recommend and this is a good steamy 18+ novella ;)
Mary
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great addition to the story!

I loved finding out more about Liam in this novella. The bond between him and Rylee spike even higher than before. I loved the connection she has made between the two characters. This series is so addictive! I will say it over and over... I just can’t get enough!
Veera Holappa
May 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Fast and short read. Personally, enjoy the "actual" books more. Did introduce an exciting plot twist though considering Liam and Rylee's relationship but otherwise not really worth the read. Felt that it was written really fast and abruptly without that much thought or investment from the author as the "actual" books. ...more
Catherine Marie Meyer
Emotions

Rylee and Liam are definitely made for each and destined to be one of the greatest couples you ever write about. They have a chemistry that is deeper than the ocean and hotter than the hottest kiln. The Guardian is a tremendous read. The tying together of two souls so much more binding than a marriage license.
Kim
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I never thought much about reading the short stories in series, but the last two in this series has been very important to the series as a whole. First being Alex and now this one.

I promise, with the information this short brings about, you will be VERY glad you read it!
Samantha
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
The only thing that annoyed me in this book is that the mind-to-mind communication was not italicized, as it is in previous books, so it blends into the narrative and becomes quite confusing. Otherwise another enjoyable book in this continuing series/story.
Debbie Turk
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An Absolutely Unmissable Short Novella!!😍💘🙏
(Read using Kindle Unlimited)

This book is a must read in this series. It has a huge reveal & some smaller information that could prove really important in the future!!👍

Debbie, 1970, UK
John Colley
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
gave me some peace

Ok so we now have the loophole and it gave me some peace that was desperately needed after the last book. Still might take some time off as the novels are just killing too many off; I'm still hurting over Dox and Jack.
Mirinda Turner
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet, fast paced

Loved this novella into the private moments of Rylee and Liam when they visited Peter in Russia. Still had the chaos and trouble that follow Rylee but we are given a little more tender moments between the two. It was sweet, enlightening and fierce!!
doreen chenevert
Love series

This series flows seamlessly. Love rylees attitude and related come backs. Alex keeps you laughing the characters are developed so well their priceless. Start from the beginning this is a wonderful enjoyable series.
Victoria (nocturnalintimacy)
Kindle Unlimited.

This is such a great installment in the Rylee Adamson universe, and it kills me that something this nice wasn't part of a novel. It seems like the events of this book are super important for the future. If I had skipped this novella, I think I'd be really confused later.
Randi
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yay!!! Finally!!!!

Shame it was so short. A little adventure intertwined in Liam & Rylee's vacation. And the special words, swoon worthy. I will leave it at that. You will have to read it to find out what they are!
Gskm
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So tender

This is so poignant. This one symbolizes what Rylie is wanting to do overall. Bring different factions together in peace. The ending was superb. It had me in tears. This was so needed to add depth to this love affair and to the “bigger picture”.
Pamela Street Gramlisch
Quick read

This delves more into Rylee and Liam's love !ife. They are a perfect match for Each other. Of course they leave for a mini vacation, but somebody try to do a some killing in front of her. Not if front of Rylee they don't!
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
This....this was needed. I love these two and I have hope that something will happen that won't make me want to curl into a fetal position at the end of this series. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Mentored in Fire (Demon Days, Vampire Nights, #10)
  • Revealed in Fire (Demon Days, Vampire Nights, #9)
  • Magical Midlife Meeting (Leveling Up #5)
  • Magical Midlife Invasion (Leveling Up #3)
  • Natural Dual-Mage (Magical Mayhem Trilogy, #3) (Demon Days, Vampire Nights, #6)
  • Magical Midlife Love (Leveling Up, #4)
  • We Witch You A Merry Christmas (Midlife in Mosswood #3)
  • Warrior Fae Princess (Warrior Fae, #2) (Demon Days, Vampire Nights, #8)
  • Natural Mage (Magical Mayhem Trilogy, #2) (Demon Days, Vampire Nights, #5)
  • Magical Midlife Dating (Leveling Up, #2)
  • Jealousy's a Witch (Midlife in Mosswood #2)
  • The Culling Trials 3 (Shadowspell Academy, #3)
  • The Culling Trials 2 (Shadowspell Academy, #2)
  • New Witch on the Block: A Paranormal Women's Fiction Novel (Midlife in Mosswood Book 1)
  • Battle With Fire (Demon Days, Vampire Nights, #11)
  • Forty, Fabulous and . . . Fae? (Midlife Mayhem, #1)
  • Get Witch Quick (Midlife in Mosswood #4)
See top shelves…
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, I was born into a family of Star Wars nuts. I have a lot of siblings (somewhere I lost count but I think there was more than could be numbered on one hand) and being one of the young padawans I was subjected to Star Wars marathons, on a regular basis. If you've read any of my books you'll see there is often a reference to said movies as a small homage to my u ...more

Rylee Adamson (10 books)
  • Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #1)
  • Immune (Rylee Adamson, #2)
  • Raising Innocence (Rylee Adamson, #3)
  • Shadowed Threads (Rylee Adamson, #4)
  • Blind Salvage (Rylee Adamson, #5)
  • Tracker (Rylee Adamson, #6)
  • Veiled Threat (Rylee Adamson, #7)
  • Wounded (Rylee Adamson, #8)
  • Rising Darkness (Rylee Adamson, #9)
  • Blood of the Lost (Rylee Adamson, #10)

News & Interviews

“Blessed are those who find love, for it shall lead them home.” 4 likes
“Years of finding mothers slumped over crinkled pictures, of watching their hope fade and their hearts break. Doesn’t matter what language they speak, those words are always the same and always the loudest.” 1 likes