Start by marking “The Kitchen When it Sizzles” as Want to Read:
The Kitchen When it Sizzles

The Kitchen When it Sizzles

Olivia Nadal is an almost perfect girl with an almost perfect life. She has stunning good looks, an exciting job that pays well, men lining up to date her, and a homey little condo she calls her own. The only thing keeping her from perfection is her utter inability to cook.

Enter Nate Olivarez, a hotshot chef who's filling in for Olivia's cooking instructor. Sparks fly when
Kindle Edition
Published August 16th 2014 (first published August 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Kitchen When it Sizzles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kitchen When it Sizzles

Aira Irish
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
One of the books that I couldn't put down and its not wise to read the book in a deadly hour for it contain to much feels to handle. Hahaha
Meann
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was only at Loc. 29 on my Kindle when Chrissie Peria decided she was gonna bring out the hot, tattooed, shirtless guy already, and that seemed to be a good indication that this was going to be a good story. ;)

This was a fun, romantic, and thrilling read. There were a lot of familiar scenes and situations; you will definitely know where the story is headed. But the charm is in the setting, the details, the characters, and THE FOOD (dammit).

Compared to "All's Fair in Blog and War", Chrissie Pe
Anne
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I hate you, Chrissie Peria. How could you end such a wonderful, wonderful story? I can't get over how well-written this story was from the moment Nate and Olivia met to the most kilig of grand gestures. I wish it didn't end because it was that good. I never thought food could get me so worked up! Congratulations on your awesome second book!
Lynai
Sep 27, 2014 rated it liked it
If there is any part of the house that I will readily avoid if I am given the chance, it will be the kitchen. But after I got married, I knew that sooner or later I would conquer my fears and be brave enough to learn how to cook real food and not just instant noodles.

Continue reading.
Dianne
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
*Also posted at Oops! I Read A Book Again*

Thank you to Chrissie Peria for my *signed* copy! Having been gifted a copy did not affect my views of the novel.

I read both All's Fair in Blog and War and The Kitchen When It Sizzles in one night, right after the other. Chrissie's stories are just so easy to read and very enjoyable, you won't realize the time. Like AFIBAW, TKWIS is a sweet contemporary romance novella but with THE STEAM.

Our heroine, Olivia, doesn't know how to cook and has signed up for
Lorn
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
I started following Chrissie Peria through her food blog and it was just a matter of time until she wrote a story about food.

Olivia Nadal can only cook instant noodles. And with her perfect but unused kitchen, she decides to enroll in cooking lessons with one famous Miss Julia.

Nate Olivares is the tattooed nephew of Miss Julia, who, by a certain circumstance, becomes Olivia’s cooking instructor. He has traveled around due to work and is only in the country temporarily.

Olivia is a great character
Cassandra Javier
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was stuck in a reading rut recently and when I finally had time to read this last night, thank heavens for I wasn't disappointed!

It's sweet, and sexy and will make your mouth water in more ways than one :>>>

Kat
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Make sure you have food on hand before reading this. Be prepared for kiligs, laughter, a bit of heartbreak and hunger pangs. A sure winner and now on my TBRAaA (to be read again and again) pile. :)
Haeja
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Love love love love love it! From the cover to the title to the story, it was a very enjoyable story. More stories, Chrissie, yes? :)
April ~ The Reading Belles
You will probably like and enjoy everything about this book as much as I did. Never estimate a Filipina author's effort to pull off a sexy, fun and sweet story together! ;)
Jena Carmona
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ana Valenzuela
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hot, hot Nate as well as gorgeous Liv, their relationship was more of the physical. Proof, was they couldn't get their hands off each other, which lead to them not talking or planning things out .

(view spoiler)
Kitty
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, contemporary
it took me way too long to read this!

It was quite confusing this one!
I was not sure for a very long time where it was taking place...
I just watched a Hallmark movie that was in Jamaica Vermont not the real one so I was thinking it was manilla somewhere in the States... why not right? everything was so lifetime movie material...

So she meets Nate. he is to be her teacher. teaching her cooking. so class 101? spicy pork ribs... I know a little little about Asian cuisine, I would not have started the
Rhin
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review originally posted on my blog:

The first few paragraphs already push me to understand how Olivia feels, given her position as an inexperienced cook. As a frustrated cook, I know what it feels like to be helpless around kitchen chores. But just like any other skills one desires to master, she needs a person with expertise in that area in order to hone her skill. And that’s when Nate comes into the picture. Right from the beginning, any reader can evidently see the undeniable attraction betwe
Anette (Anette The Wicked)
Originally seen on Anette The Wicked:

I can't even begin to describe how smoking hot this book is. It had 142 pages of hotness and food. I was sold.

Chrissie Peria wowed me with Olivia, the heroine who seems tho have everything except well the ability to cook. It wasn't hard to imagine Olivia in her top grade kitchen with no clue as to what to do. So, she signed up for classes with renowned chef, Chef Julia.

But it wasn't Chef Julia who met up with her. It was a hot, half naked chef. Seriously. N
Kat at Book Thingo
This is an abridged version of my review at Book Thingo.

I love the way Peria upends the stereotype of the woman stuck in the kitchen, especially in a Philippine-set story. It’s not even that Olivia wants to be an excellent cook to impress other people — she just wants to be competent enough to feed herself well.

When Nate pretends to be her boyfriend so that a particularly persistent ex would stop pursuing her, it ends in a night of too many mojitos and — you guessed it — vomit on shoes. One thin
Jay Tria
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Omigod Nate and Liv and bacon. I'm writing this at 2 am because I think I need to get it out of my system before I can sleep. My first real (non-social media) exposure to this book was during the live reading of an excerpt at the 2015 FilReadercon, which effectively ensured that Gio Gahol will be playing Nate, and Rachel Coates, Liv, in my head as I was reading. No problem there.

It was an exhilarating ride from the first page. It was painful to wrench the book out of my hands when I needed to, a
Camelle
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: filipino-authors
----- Originally posted on my blog Home of a Book Lover
First of all, I want to thank the author for allowing me to review her book. She warned me though! about this book, it is not like her other book All Fair's In Blog and War. The book was entertaining to read, why not? who wouldn't want to read something about a hot chef right?! LOL. Reading the first chapter of the book makes me want to finish it right away, the book is catchy and lovely. The story is simple yet it will make you smile (espe
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
Chrissie has become one of my fave Go To romance authors. Her books are super fun and cute!! Plus The Kitchen When it Sizzles brings my food loving self into the wild. All the food in this book made my mouth watered and my tummy craving. The romance was so HOT and one of my faves tbh. It has the fake dating trope but also flirty friends and Nate is the chef teaching Olivia how to cook.

I'm gonna do a full review on the blog soon-ish. But if you haven't picked up anything by Chrissie Peria, do yo
Lea
Jan 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I liked this story. It's definitely sizzling in the kitchen - and other parts of the house - when these two get together. Especially after they stop fighting their attraction. Their story is sweet but there's not much to it besides unmistakable chemistry. It's pretty superficial yet well written and enjoyable to read.
C.P. Santi
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I super enjoyed this book. Couldn't put it down and finished it within a day. Olivia and Nathan's chemistry just sizzles!
I love how perfectly imperfect Olivia was. And Nate . . . I wish he had a RL twin! :-)
My only complaint is that I really got hungry while reading it. Hahaha! All those food descriptions were tops!
Kristal
I can't also cook. So tell me where can I find a Nate Olivarez? 'Coz I can use some cooking lessons too, you know.Heehee. This is funny,entertaining, and with all-the-feels!! And of course, steamy. ;)
Joanna C.
4.5☆

You may think you've read this kind of story already but let me tell you, I have not felt a chemistry between characters before as sizzling as that of Nate and Liv's ;) No heavy stuff in here, just the right amount of sweet, spicy, and everything sexy for a romance story.
Bianca Mori
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nate is SCORCHING OMG.
Lana Margaret
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for making my night sizzle!
Can't wait to read your other book <3
Chantal Cruz
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved the quirky, witty convos. Now I'm craving for Chinese sticky pork ribs.
Abbie
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-class
As a kid I have always been fascinated with cooking and most of my free times were spent hanging out in the kitchen, either watching my Mom or Lola whipped delicious dishes or helping them out. So, when I saw the book cover and blurb of TKWIS, I knew right away that I have to get a copy and read it.

By just reading the first few chapters you can already feel the spark between Olivia and Nate. I love how Nate taught Olivia re: cooking. And the food, sticky pork ribs and bacon anyone?, made me hun
Joanne Beatrice
Oct 28, 2015
Mary Joy
Dec 14, 2017
Irish
Feb 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
When not obsessing over fictional people doing fictional things, Chrissie obsesses about food: the eating, the cooking, and the procuring of it.

An advertising copywriter in her past life, she now spends most of her time writing, taking photos, cooking, and babysitting a tiny human and a curly-haired dog. She still plays with dolls and she thinks that bacon is the answer.