Start by marking “Anne Frank and the Children of the Holocaust” as Want to Read:
Anne Frank and the Children of the Holocaust

Anne Frank and the Children of the Holocaust

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  332 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Anne Frank�s diary changed how the world saw the Holocaust�this book will change how you see Anne Frank. Beginning with Otto Frank�s idyllic childhood, follow the family�s journey from its proud German roots through life under Nazi occupation to their horrifying concentration camp experiences. Interspersed with their story are personal accounts of survivors, excerpts from ...more
Published October 19th 2006 by Viking Juvenile (first published June 29th 2006)

Aju
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
We all know Anne Frank but do you know what she and other Jews had to face in there dayly life?

Sometimes the path that one person takes can effect everyone around him but there are some who find their life upside down due to that one figure. As warrior of the first world war Adolf Hitler was extremely loyal to his country and he had the heart of a lion, this may seem like a marvelous feature but you will find out that if there is a bump on this road the consequence will be disastrous. When Ger
Karol
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Heartbreaking. The horrors of the holocaust should never be forgotten.
Majda
I'm crying :(
Victor Amaral
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 8th-grade
I thought that this book was really good. I thought it was really good because when I was reading it I felt like I was there and it made me interested in reading it. This is the third time I'm reading this book and I have loved it every time I read it. This book had so much detail that it was like you were in her shoes. When they were talking about how silent they all were and how the windows had to be boarded I could imagine how dark it would be inside at night. Also it must be really hard to ...more
Berniece
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Anne Frank and the Children of the Holocaust is about how the Frank Family encountered many struggles because of their religion. The Franks had to move from house to house because of various discriminations happening to the Jews because of the Germans. And because of this, when the time flew by for Margot and Anne they had to say good bye to all their friends and relatives and good bye to freedom. The book talks about how not only did the Frank Family suffer but also did all the Jews who had to ...more
Ai
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't stop crying. This book broke my heart. This well written piece contained such an insightful account of what went on before, during and after the war; it was hell. Although Anne Frank's diary was beautifully written, it was somewhat detached to the horrors of the Holocaust due to their hiding in the Annex. Anne Frank and the Children of the Holocaust offered stories of other children and also what happened after Anne's last journal entry, and it leaves me torn.

Visiting the Holocaust Memor
Shellie Taylor
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: history
This book is the perfect companion to the Diary of Anne Frank. Where the diary follows Anne's personal thoughts and feelings, an explore the depths of her inept writing ability, this book tells her history through the eyes of those who suffered along with her. Otto Frank learning of the deaths of his daughter is the most moving moment in this book for me. It is so tragic to learn that Anne's camp was about three weeks from being liberated when she gave up hope and passed away. The fact that an a ...more
Paul Chan Htoo Sang
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I have to admit that I haven't read Anne Frank's diary yet (which I feel ashamed about myself). Secondly, Carol -- although her tendency to include figures can be a block for the images -- is a great author. While reading the book, there are some parts which I know that I won't remember because there were too many figures, and dates. Yet in a sense, it is good to know that the numbers are there. I can always check what happened at when if I really need to in the future.

Books on th
L Frost
Aug 19, 2014 rated it liked it
The story of Anne Frank stands on its own as do the stories of the other children. The reason I only gave this three stars is that the author's writing is weak at times. Sometimes sentences switch from sounding like the writing of a professional author to that of a high school student. I'm also not sure her facts are always accurate based on other books and autobiographies I've recently read about this subject. I think she has a tendency to over simplify or exaggerate as well on occasion. The ma ...more
Star Shining Forever
Follows the story of Anne Frank, including excerpts from her diary, but every so often it will pause the story of the Franks and provide information on some aspect of what it was like during those parts of World War II. Life under Nazis, the ghettos, the Resistance, those who hid, the trains full of captured Nazi undesirables, the concentration camps, the work there, the war's end, the aftermath, the broken families, the reunifications, the hurt, the healing - it's all covered well in this great ...more
Tristan
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Anne Frank didn’t do many things different than others. She went into hiding to survive and got betrayed by someone still unknown to this day. Anne kept a diary all of her family died in camps except the father. The father made her diary when given to him into a book. The diary was about her life, but this book is a summary and other stories of survival also(and some death). This is the big moment in her life also the time of her death but she was very detailed, and we know a lot about the cruel ...more
Faa
Dec 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book are hands that helped the readers of 'Anne Frank:Diary of a Young Girl' to find out what exactly happened to Anne and Margot since the day they were doomed for Auschwitz. The vivid stories on how they departed from their Secret Annex and the rest of their journey to death was captured in this book, told by friends who are closed to them and by the concentration camp survivors who saw them to their very last day on earth. May their spirit live on, forever..
Sophia
Mar 03, 2016 added it
"Anne Frank and the Children of the Holocaust" by Carol Ann Lee is about not just Anne Frank's life, but about what all of the children of the Holocaust experienced. This book goes into depth and shows what everyone suffered through. Millions of people died and even more children lost their families. It is unimaginable what these children went through. This book tells what happened to these children and what they had to do to survive.
Brianna C.
Sep 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography
I gave Anne Frank and the Children of the Holocaust 5 stars. My reason for the 5 stars was that I loved it and never wanted to put it down. During it I just sat and became scared for my life. The book makes you feel like you are going to be killed by a Nazi soldier. A small smile came once, when Anne Frank and her family went to hide. That is why I gave it 5 stars.
Caelyn Collister
Apr 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book took me awhile to read, but I am so glad I did read it. It is so sad how these children had to live part of their childhood. They were all so young to die. It is so sad how some of these children die. If you have time I would read this book.It is a great history book and is interesting how they survived in hiding for that long. Carol Ann Lee really did a great job on this book.
La-Shanda
Mar 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
My Civics 7th grade students read "Anne Frank and the Children of the Holocaust." The book is age appropriate and content related. It gives a human perspective of the Holocaust, meaning this wasn't just a military agenda, human being inflicted cruel treatment upon men, women, and children.
Dragonsfire
Feb 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a sad thing to learn that maybe Anne could have survived...if she would not have lost hope. If she would have remained strong and not let go of hope,,,which is all she had,,,maybe three weeks later she could have been on her way to reuniting with her dad.
Summer
Jan 16, 2008 rated it it was ok
I have just started reading this book.
Lalaine Dayanan
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book broke my heart with so much respect for those people who've greatly suffered and died during the Holocaust.
Angelica
Oct 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing.
Tricia Mills
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a book that delved more deeply into the children of the holocaust including Anne Frank and her family and who might have turned them in to the Gestapo.
Jenifer
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved her story telling style. This book was enlightening.
Lola
An excellent look at not only Anne Frank but the forgotten children of the Holocaust. May all their souls rest in peace.
Kris
Sep 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical, favorites
beautiful writing w/ horrific detail . brings tears to your eyes with every read. makes you realize how horrible people can be, but how resilient also.
Maeve
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Extremely detailed and interesting. Great for kids with projects, or those just want to expand their knowledge. The pictures were interesting to look at too.
Melodie Saucedo
Feb 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
This biography made a person's life seem like a story, rather than a list of facts. I was truly intrigued.
Samantha
Jun 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love it
Gauri Kaushik
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once I read the Diary of Anne Frank, I felt really intrigued and curious about the subject so I read more about it. This book has certainly helped me understand more about the WW2
Residual
rated it it was ok
Jun 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • A Friend Called Anne
  • Shadow Life: A Portrait of Anne Frank and Her Family
  • Shadow of His Hand: a Story Based on the Life of Holocaust Survivor Anita Dittman (Daughters of the Faith Series)
  • We Remember the Holocaust
  • Terezin: Voices from the Holocaust
  • The Prisoners of Breendonk: Personal Histories from a World War II Concentration Camp
  • Smoke and Ashes: The Story of the Holocaust
  • The Hidden Children: The Secret Survivors of the Holocaust
  • Child of the Holocaust
  • Mara's Stories: Glimmers in the Darkness
  • Anne Frank
  • Hope Is the Last to Die: A Coming of Age Under Nazi Terror : A Classic of Holocaust Literature
  • The World Must Know: The History Of The Holocaust As Told In The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
  • The Boy Who Loved Anne Frank

$10.74 $2.99
    $13.99 $1.99
    $5.99 $1.99
    $8.24 $1.99
  • How to Travel with a Salmon & Other Essays (A Harvest Book)
    $14.99 $1.99