Start by marking “Breathless (Chasing Hearts, #2)” as Want to Read:
Breathless (Chasing Hearts, #2)

Breathless

(Chasing Hearts #2)

An alternate cover edition can be found here.

For once in Charlie’s life, she has something she'd never allowed herself to have before.
Hope.
All because of Sam’s love.
He fought for her. No matter the cost.
He loved her even when she couldn't allow herself to feel loved.
Now, when things feel like they might go smoothly for once in her life...
The unex
Published November 11th 2014 by House of Attitude

To ask other readers questions about Breathless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breathless

Start your review of Breathless (Chasing Hearts, #2)
Candi-
First off, I want to say THANK YOU sooooo much to Vanessa for allowing me to beta Breathless!! I absolutely fell in love with Heartless and everything about it so I was excited to learn there would be more to Charlie and Sam's story. I wasn't sure what to expect going into this one but OMG let me just say...I was hooked!! There was no putting this book down. Every time I said just one more chapter and then I will put it down to clean my house something would grab my attention and the next thin ...more
Jamie  Zishka
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Breathless was the the second book in the Chasing Hearts Series. The first book is Heartless and I gave it a 5 star, and Breathless is no different it earned a huge 5 stars as well! This series seriously stole my heart right out of my chest. This is a teacher student romance like no other, I absolutely devoured this book in 1 setting. Vanessa Marie sure knows how to intrigue your senses with this book. I absolutely loved the steam and electricity that was portrayed with the main characters Sam a ...more
I Love Story Time
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, julie-jules

*** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC in exchange for an honest review ***

4 Stars!

I fell in love with Sam and Charlie in Heartless. Breathless is a continuation of Sam and Charlie's story and picks up right where book 1 ended. You also get more Jules, Callie and Joe. I still love Jules and the relationship he and Charlie continue to have. He is still there being a pain in the butt to Charlie as well as being the best friend a girl can have.

As for Sam, th
Jenn Green
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
★✩★✩★ 5++ Gut-wrenching, tear-filled & beautiful Stars

Check out my FULL post @ Bookworm Betties

Happy Reading xo Jenn
Nykki Mills
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Breathless will hold true to its name and leave you breathless. I lost count of how many times I cried reading this one. If you thought that Heartless was an emotional read with just enough humor to keep you sane… then make sure you have tissues and chocolate nearby when you read Breathless. Vanessa Marie brought her A++++ game with this one—this one holds all the humor, and emotion that the first did and even more.
Chelsea
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a combined review of both Heartless and Breathless (which may be found on www.newkidswithabook.com):

I love taboo relationships.  Seriously. The rebel in me loves watching characters fight against what shouldn't be. However, I began Heartless by Vanessa Marie without even realizing that it was a taboo relationship.  Having finished it, I'm almost happier that I didn't because slapping a label on it like that would be a misjustice to the book.  It's so much more than that.

The books worked for m
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
In Breathless, the second installment of the Chasing Hearts series, we have a much more confident Charlie. She is to her old antics with Jules and Sarah, but more in love with Sam. The story takes on a more dramatic turn than the first book and grips your heart, not letting go.

Charlie and Sam continue their love story. They have gotten closer and he seems to know her like no one else. But things become a little strained when she continues to go to Jules when things get tough. Jules i
Renee Entress
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. This story has laughs and heartbreak. This is an emotionally driven story.

This is Charlie and Sam’s story. Charlie has had a touch life. She has never allowed herself to feel love. Sam is now in her life and shaking up all her feelings. He was persistent in making her see she could have a happy ending. But she has secrets that could destroy everything... Will she push everyone away thinking she does not deserve them?

Sam was swoon worthy. Yo
Hooked On Books
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
reviewed for hookedonbooks

Yet again I was sat crying whilst reading this. It was even more heartbreaking then the first book.
The chemistry between Charlie and Sam is wonderful and so real it mirrors what's happens in the real world too

So Charlie has a secret that she hasn't told Sam yet but went running to her best friend who is a little jealous of her relationship with him. Sam hares the fact that there meant to be a partnership between him and charlie and can't understand wh
Jenni Moen
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get to beta read this book. This series is sweet, yet gritty. Sad, yet hopeful. Dramatic, yet realistic. The books are all of these things, because the heroine is all of these things. She is young but, due to circumstances beyond her control, mature beyond her years.

And the hero? Sam is swoon worthy in every way. If I could pluck him from the pages and insert him into my life, I would. (Though my husband might not appreciate that sentiment. LOL). Put it on your TBR!

Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Make sure you read book one, Heartless before you read this book. I loved Heartless and was looking forward to reading this book. The author didn't disappoint as this was a great read.

This book is a continuation of Charlie and Sams story. It's a brilliantly emotionally charged story The characters came across as real and relatable. The great storyline had me gripped.
Amazing read. Need next book now. Loved it.
Peggy
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~Received For An Honest Review~

WOW!! Where to even start with this book! You will love and hate the character. You will find yourself starting this book and having a hard time laying it down. I have had trouble with not picking it back up and reading it again. But I haven't read the first in this series, so I will move on to it. But if you are looking for a book that will take you on an emotional journey of love and hate, go no further!
Kim Ginsberg
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the continuation of Sam and Charlie's story. What happens when Charlie falls deathly ill? Will unforeseen circumstances make things harder? What will happen when Charlie tracks down her long lost, missing grandparents? Will things to the way she envisioned, or awry? What happens when the shit hits the fan and Sam learns of everything Charlie has been keeping from him? Will he be happy or mad? Find out in the last book of the series.
Bookworm Betties
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing

★✩★✩★ 5++ Gut-wrenching, tear-filled & beautiful Stars
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

“Sure, Doc. Whatever you say. I'm already bionic enough you might as well cal me Data and beam me up Scotty. I don't need another hunk of metal in me telling my heart when to beat.”
“You may not have a choice, Charlie. We're running out of options....”

After a whole lotta struggle, and some serious tears, Charlie is finally at a place in her life where she is allowing herself to hope about her future, something she has never done before, and it'sspoilers~
“Sure,Stars
~this
Julie Reveles (ILST BLOG)
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

*** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC in exchange for an honest review ***

4 Stars!

As for Sam, th
Kristin
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy book hangover! This second book in Vanessa Marie’s Chasing Hearts Series blew me away! I loved the first book, Heartless, but Breathless is very aptly named as it stole my breath. You continue with Sam and Charlie (Charlotte) and their relationship. In this book, everyone faces the hard truth that Charlie needs a heart transplant but she needs help getting there. She needs to have a procedure done to help ensure she lives long enough to get a new heart. Then…life happens and Charlie finds ...more
Theresa Alberts
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Breathless by Vanessa Marie is book two in the Chasing Hearts Series. Vanessa Marie has a way of writing the story that has you grabbing for a tissue while making you smile at the exact same time. This story picked up right where the first book left and I devoured it in one sitting. This book was a 3.5 star read for me and I would recommend that everyone read the amazing love story of Sam and Charlie; a teacher/student romance that is like none other that you have read.

Charlie contin
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I read Vanessa Marie's debut novel, Heartless, I was so pleasantly surprised. I found it to be such a well written, Inspirational and touching story with memorable characters. I fell in love with them all and could not wait to get my hands on the follow up book. I needed more of their journey.....

In Breathless, the bickering, banter, sweetness and all consuming love is back. This is one cast of characters, I can't seem to get enough of... the whole crew is back and brought their
Stephanie Marshall
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book takes us to the brink of death. It makes you re-think priorities and live in the here and now.
Breathless is an emotionally driven read. Charlie has her good friends, Sarah and Julian. She is getting closer with Alex and she is able to start moving forward with Sam, since he is no longer her teacher.
Fate plays a very cruel trick on Charlie, she finds out sometimes history does repeat itself. She now seems to be on the same track as her mother that only has one end in sight. Inste
Angela Ruble Scott
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2014
Breathless....well what an appropriate title...because it sure did leave me Breathless...I loved this one! I feel in love with Sam and Charlie in Heartless but man oh man this one just blew me away!! Sam is totally swoon worthy, he is passionate, sweet, kind, caring, HOT, oh and did I mention HOT?? He is amazing and I can't wait to see more of him in book 3!! Charlie well she is one bad ass leading lady. The struggles that she faces will have anyone ready to give up, but she fights! She doesn't ...more
Cassie
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Author Vanessa Marie hit it out of the ball park with Breathless.

I fell in love with Sam and Charlie in the previous book, anxiously awaiting book 2. I needed to know how these two were holding up. To know Charlie was okay, to see where Vanessa took us on this journey.

I was blown away. I was knocked in the face and fell backwards, hit my head and screamed "PLOT TWIST!!" I didn't see that coming. After that I was just more sucked into this book. I had to know how it all en
Pratr- Authors
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I rate this book 5 fangs (stars).
This is book 2 in the Chasing Hearts series, if you have not read book 1 (Heartless) then you must, you won't regret it! As I said in my review of book 1, this is not my usual genre so I was skeptical, but after the first few chapters I was hooked! I could not wait to start this book and learn more about the adventures of Charlie and Sam. I felt like I knew these characters personally. I was rooting for them to live happily ever after. I enjoyed Charlie's b
Sheila
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reviewer for The Paranormal Bookshelf

I rate this book 5 fangs (stars).
Sadie
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this story.. we got to take a full ride on the medical journey in this story, because with Heartless we got some basic medical information but not like breathless to point where you feel like your that person in the room hearing it.. I cried after the first page I swear Sam needs to grow some balls he was a pussy throughout this book whining about jules & Charli friend. um hello dude you just met her about a year ago why would she tell you every little thing.. I felt sorry for jules t ...more
Yanilsa Griffin~BFD Bookblog
I enjoyed the uniqueness of the first book. This book just seemed to reach and try to stir the pot, but not wholeheartedly. It felt like, of we need drama, let's throw this in. ....oh yeah, let's do this too.
The lack of growth or character development was just meh. I appreciated that Sam did try to mature the relationship but it just didn't work, felt forced.
Book just fell flat for me
Jessica
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*ARC*
Thank you Vanessa Marie for the ARC copy!

I have completely fallen in love with Charlie and her family! I couldn't wait for this book to come out, and it did not disappoint. I have never wanted to both strangle and hug a character as much as Charlie! She is real, Broken, scarred, and beautiful.

I do think the ending wrapped up a bit too quickly. But that may be because with this family, you never want the story to end! Can't wait for FEARLESS!!
Christina Lyn
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow honestly I didn't expect this good. Heads up ladies you need a massive tons of tissues before reading this. I enjoyed it so much. I laugh and at the same cried for Charlie and Sam. I really like Jules it really changes the sad scenery all together. Is this the last series? Is there more? You really don't disappoint your readers Vanessa. Job well done.
Maddison Hoy
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this two book series.

I understood why she was stubborn, I just wish she would let people help her more often.

I wish there was more of an epilogue. I wanted to read her coming home and living with Sam and their little girl.
Pam
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-read
Really liked this but hated the rather abrupt ending.
Lily
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Sam and Charlie are just so ugh (ugh=so effing cute). I love the story.

• Unteachable
  • Her Perfect
  • Burnout
  • What's Left of Me (What's Left of Me, #1)
  • The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Come Matter Here: Your Invitation to Be Here in a Getting There World
  • Sick of Me: from Transparency to Transformation
  • Living with the Monks: What Turning Off My Phone Taught Me about Happiness, Gratitude, and Focus
  • Own Your Everyday:  Overcome the Pressure to Prove and Show Up for What You're Made to Do
  • Highlight Real: Finding Honesty & Recovery Beyond the Filtered Life
  • Keeping Secrets
  • Pieces of Us (Confessions of the Heart, #3)
  • Love, in English (Love, in English, #1)
  • Enemy Within (Unseen Enemy, #1)
  • Rhythms of Renewal: Trading Stress and Anxiety for a Life of Peace and Purpose
  • You Can Do This: Seizing the Confidence God Offers
  • The Accidental Movie Star (Accidental #1)
  • Prisoner (Criminals & Captives, #1)
Always dancing to the beat of her own drum, Vanessa is a heavily tattooed, sarcastic, motorcycle enthusiast who started her career as a ASE Certified Jeep technician at the age of sixteen. Her obsessions of watching Turkish dizi TV shows, or yelling at an NHL game (GO VGK) while reading simultaneously often battle her family. At the age of 26 and becoming a pacemaker recipient—she decided the over ...more

Chasing Hearts (2 books)
  • Heartless (Chasing Hearts, #1)