Start by marking “Forevermore (The Jewel Trilogy #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Forevermore (The Jewel Trilogy #2.5)

Forevermore

(Chase Family #3)

England, 1667

Sensible Clarice Bradford is content in her widowhood. She has a pretty one-room cottage and a lovely little daughter, and the last thing she wants is another husband. Until one fairytale evening when she’s invited to a wedding at a castle…

Scottish gentleman Sir Cameron Leslie is smitten with the shy, English beauty at first sight. He’s fiercely drawn to the

Published September 7th 2012 by Novelty Publishers, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Forevermore, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Jane
Clarice Bradford has found happiness and contentment when she was given an orphan daughter, Mary to raise as her own. She lives in a pretty one room cottage in Sussex, England.

Sir Cameron Leslie is at the castle in Sussex to see his cousin married. He meets Clarice at the wedding and knows she is the one for him. He only plans to stay a week, so his time is limited to convince her to come with him to Leslie Castle in Scotland as his wife.

Mary, Clarice's daughter is a delightful five year old ful
Kim
Forevermore is part of Lauren Royal’s Jewel Trilogy. The events take place after books one and two (Amethyst and Emerald) but before book three (Amber). Royal, as we’ve come to expect from her, gives us amazingly tortured characters that we can’t help but fall in love with.

Clarice is a woman who was dealt difficult blows in her life. She was married at the tender age of 15 to a man who was almost three times her age. Not only was he much older than her, but you’re lead to believe he was physical
Rosie Comia
An enjoyable read. I enjoyed how Cameron pursued Clarice despite her being older than him. He loves her enough to help her overcome her fear & insecurities from her past marriage & an unfortunate event that happened to her. I love the relationship between Clarice & her adopted daughter, Mary & how Cameron bonded with the latter at the get go. I'm just sorry that this story is a short one. I would have like to read more on how the relationship between Cameron & Clarice (& ...more
Jules
Jun 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very enjoyable short read. I liked both characters and wish this story had been longer. Because it was so short, the romance had to be pushed fast and I always hate to see an abused woman who has trust issues suddenly decide to trust because she just likes the guy. But if you can get past that, this story was sweet and these two people deserved each other and their HEA.
Natalya
May 02, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A typical romance. Boy meets girl. Girl falls for boy. Happy ending. Wham! Where's the intrigue? No real twists in the plot. Probably not worth your time.
Thom Swennes
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-e-book
Love is boidchead fios sam bith aois, chan eil rang, agus chan eil na criochan; ‘S e an gaol ann an suilibh an beholder.
Love and beauty know no age, no rank, and no limits; love is in the eyes of the beholder.

An immediate and magnetic attraction often bodes well for an exciting and romantic liaison. Thirty-one- year-old Clarice Bradford was smitten the moment she stepped out of the carriage within the keep confines of Cainewood Castle. She is attending Lord Cainewood’s marriage to his bonny Scot
Chandra
SENSUALITY RATING: No PROFANITY; One SEXUAL ENCOUNTER; No Euphemistic "CODE WORDS

GENRE: 17th century; Historical English Romance; England

SETTING: Cainewood Village.

CENTRAL FEMALE CHARACTER: CLARICE BRADFORD – a commoner; enjoys the simple uncomplicated life with just she and her daughter; sure about her place in life.

CENTRAL MALE CHARACTER: CAMERON LESLIE – enjoys life in a simple way; easy going; uncomplicated; age 24; responsible; newly titled from Leslie castle in Scotland.

SYNOPSIS: He has
Julia Wharton
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO SWEET!!!

Oh, the feels!!!

This book is a little novella that starts where Emerald ends. At the wedding of the Cainewoods, Cameron Leslie, Cait's cousin, meets Clarice Bradford, the widow we met in Book 1 who adopted Mary. It is practically love at first sight but will Clarice let herself enter marriage again?

SPOILER ALERT

This story was so beautiful! We knew Clarice was married before, but not that it was a domestic violence situation. Her late husband was a cruel man, 30 years her senior, who
Teray Harris
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable!

This was an adorable and very quick book. Romance, castles, and princesses made this a sweet fairy tale. The heroine was dealt a crap life and the hero helped make it worth it.
Michele Packard-milam
Good, Though Short

This installment to the Chase Family series was enjoyable but quite short and not as satisfying as many other works by this author. The characters did not have a much depth and the plot was very simple. Still, I liked it. Just wish there had been more to it.
Tracey
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A bit too gooey, even for me.
Brian
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-by-me
Fun little x-mas book.
June Barrios Wiley
Very lovely love story

Read this one in one sitting . It is a sweet love story of two deserving people. The strong Scotsman and the shy English
Widow make the perfect couple!!
Erin
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clean, lovely and romantic!

Such a sweet romance!

I was so happy to see that Clarice got her charming man. I was hoping she would get a HEA when she showed up in the first book.
Mallory
A sweet novella, very quick read
Pam
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forevermore is a novella that goes with the Jewel trilogy by Lauren Royal. It takes place in the Village of Cainewood, England in 1667. The characters are realistic and are well developed. Society is gathering at the Village for the marriage of Lord Cainewood and Lady Caithren Leslie of Scotland. With her is her cousin, Sir Cameron Leslie who just came into his title upon the death of Caithren’s brother. His title does not mean the same as Lord Cainewood’s does because Sir Leslie is from Scotlan ...more
Tina Ullrich
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Year and a Day Forevermore

Getting over a rape is a long struggle even in today. It is not something that ever goods away but as Cameron says when you are ready it can be put behind you. Clarice gets her start on putting it behind her by getting Mary. To have a joy of motherhood without the dealing of a man. This gives her a release that starts her healing. Age and beliefs bring her to the conclusion that Cameron is too young and she not just for the position of his wife. Cameron just knows tha
Tina

Humor: ~/10
Secondary Characters: 7/10
End: 10/10
Pace: 10/10

I was very surprised with how much I enjoyed this book. The end was so sweet that I just grinned like a doofus. My only issue lies with the heroine and her insecurities that played like a broken record throughout the tale. But I admired the hero's patience with her. Had it been me, I would have bashed my head into a wall. @_@ Nevertheless, I liked this story a lot. And I absolute
Dottie
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**I received this book as an ARC (for the "Once Upon a Bride" anthology) in exchange for my honest review.**

Clarice Bradford's life is about to be turned upside down by a handsome Scotsman! This is the story of a widow who is quite content with her life. She has a beautiful daughter and a small cottage to call her own. Mrs. Bradford has no desire to remarry until she meets Cameron Leslie, a handsome Baronet. Almost letting her fears consume her, Clarice tries driving Cameron away. Will true love
NRuffo
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a sweet story! I can't resist a man who loves children. The immediate connection between Cameron and Mary (daughter) was adorable. You could see Clarice melting from that first meeting. I loved how persistent he was with Clarice when he could see that she thought she wasn't worthy of a man like him and the pain of the past pulling her away. I also loved Clarice's fortitude that she exhibited throughout. I'm looking forward to reading the other books in this series!

I received a free review c
Alisha
I really enjoyed this novella, I have to say that it was much better than I expected. This was a love at first sight (but lets fight our feelings) kind of story. Set in England but featuring a Scottish Hero and a tough, independent English woman.
The love story was sweet and there really wasn't a villain at all. This novella focused on the main charactors feelings and issues and the refreshing, unexpected love that they discover together.
This novella was a nice change of pace and certainly insp
Jackie
Oct 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes fairy tales come true when we least expect a happy ending. Such is the case for Clarice Bradford, a 32 year old widow who gave up on love and happiness with any man years ago thanks to her deceased older husband's lack of kindness and his conviction that she was lacking as a woman.

Cameron Leslie is 8 years her junior but in many ways he is older by far than Clarice.

This is a short historical romance that spans a week and ends with a night of blazing passion that even the most jaded r
Kyra Dunst
Apr 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a short, but sweet, novella. I love damaged characters, and Clarice has certainly been through much in her life. Cameron may be younger than her, and maybe he is a little out of her social circle, but he is accustomed to getting what he wants, and he wants her. The romance was quick, but not unreasonably so for a period of time when brides often didn't meet their grooms until right before the wedding. I would read more from this author.
Natalie
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, novellas
Great little novella for a quick read.
Loved little Mary and her giddy girlishness. Every little girl should dream to be a princess.
Clarice is a widow who has never known any love from a man. When she meets Cameron, she starts to feel things that she has never felt before. You're so glad when she finally gives in to the fair and handsome Scot. Cameron falls for Clarice at first sight and waits for her until she is truly ready.
Can't wait to read Lauren Royal's other books!
Diana
Aug 30, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a free download and the first time that I ventured in to the realm of "romance". I read it en route to visiting my sister on a cross country flight. It was fun and kept me interested throughout my journey. As I expected, it had a "happily ever after" ending and in my book that's a good thing!
Jane Kelsey
Another easy book for when in need of reading some romance. It was okay, but at times the actions felt forced, like she was trying very hard to make he book longer when there were few reasons for that.
It wasn't a bad book, but we all knew how it was going to end, though I didn't anticipate that the room would be golden.
Jillian
This was such a charming novella...and far too short! I thought the hero was wonderful, and the scenes with the children were lovely. The heroine had been through a lot, but I also loved that the conflict in the story was the relationship and not some external force to separate the MC's. Very nicely done!
Nubia Sanchez
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think it was quite amazing to a good short novella. I really like the character especially Cameron because he show Cladrice to love again. I really like those type of man who are determined to show a woman how different there are from one another and really show how much he cares and loves a woman! Awesome story. <3
Ms. Jerry
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Series!

I love the series and the family. I loved Cameron and Clarice's story but I wish it was longer. I just wanted it to go on and see how they would get along in Scotland. Maybe that could be Mary's story. She was adorable.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 02, 2016 10:52AM

• Desperate Measures
  • Midsummer Eve At Rookery End
  • Wild Wild Widow
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • Romancing Lady Stone (School of Gallantry, # 6)
  • Lavender Vows (The Medieval Herb Garden, #1)
  • Charmed By Knight (The Fielding Brother's Saga)
  • Beguiling Bridget (Waltzing with the Wallflower, #2)
  • The Lady Series
  • Jewels of Historical Romance
  • Caroline (Beauvisage, #1)
  • Runaway Heart
  • Little Miss Independent
I decided to become a writer in the third grade (or, as my Canadian friends call it, grade three), after winning a "Why My Mother is the Greatest" essay contest and having my entry published in a major newspaper. Seeing my words in print was a thrill! But everyone told me it's too hard for novelists to get published, so after college I spent fourteen years as the CEO of my own jewelry store chain ...more

Chase Family (8 books)
  • Amethyst (The Jewel Trilogy, #1)
  • Emerald (The Jewel Trilogy, #2)
  • Amber (The Jewel Trilogy, #3)
  • Violet (The Flower Trilogy, #1)
  • Lily (The Flower Trilogy, #2)
  • Rose (The Flower Trilogy, #3)
  • A Secret Christmas (Chase Family #8)