Start by marking “Aprikosenküsse” as Want to Read:
Aprikosenküsse

Aprikosenküsse

"Es gibt Orte, an denen wir das finden, wonach wir uns gesehnt haben."

Das Leben der Foodjournalistin Hanna könnte so wunderbar sein. Hätte sie nur nicht diese Restaurantkritik geschrieben, wegen der eine italienische Gutsherrin einen Herzinfarkt erlitten hat! Als sie auch noch versehentlich in den Besitz der Urne gelangt, reist die gewissensgeplagte Hanna nach Italien –
Published July 25th 2014 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published July 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Aprikosenküsse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aprikosenküsse

Start your review of Aprikosenküsse
Christina

"You aren't afraid, are you, Fabrizio?" I hurriedly shook my head though my heart was thudding. "Good. Because -- listen to me -- fear does not exist." Nonna tapped my temple and smiled. "We create fear ourselves. That's why we can also control it -- unlike love." Her finger wandered to my chest. "Love is made here, very far away from your head. Always remember that, child."

This was a sweet, quick read. Light and fluffy. Full of characters that made me both smile and roll my eyes.

Lili  (@lilikmarcus) Marcus
My first thought was this is a cliche so I didn't read this right after receiving the book. I thought this is just another pretence relationship that will eventually lead to a real one. But it's not. There's more to this book than anyone can expect.

The characters are great and well-played. Fabrizio and Hanna might not be the most perfect characters but they seemed real. thank God, they're not perfect. Even physically, they don't seem perfect which is perfectly fine. At first I kind of hate them
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
See this review in its natural environment, Dani Reviews Things.QUICK REVIEW

Apricot Kisses is a great translated contemporary romance novel. The fated couple is comprised ofHanna and Fabrizio, two stubborn people who, by what can only be fate, are brought together against their will. (It's actually quite funny – Hanna 'borrows'Fabrizio's grandmother's urn in an airport in Germany and has to return it to him in Italy.) Both characters drove me and each other crazy, but they were made for each other. Throw in
Janja
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a bit disappointed with this story. It's odd with almost no chemistry and with humor I don't understand.
Olga Godim
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Hanna is a food journalist, writing for a German magazine. Her reviews are often biting and highly critical. Fabrizio is an Italian farmer who also owns a trattoria. When Hanna’s magazine publishes her bad review about his trattoria, Fabrizio’s old grandmother dies right after reading the review. Now Fabrizio sues Hanna’s magazine for killing his grandmother. Hanna’s editor gives her an ultimatum: do anything, but make him drop the suit. So Hanna heads to Italy to do... something.
The above is
Claire
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well it is now 1.32am and I have just finished the book. My husband has gone to bed which is unheard of as I am always in bed before him. It was worth the late night. What a fantastic book, I couldn't put it down. Fantastic story and fabulous characters. Just loved it.

Do yourselves a favour and buy the book.
Aisling Harte
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly worth a read! It does start off slow but by the end, you are enthralled in the happenings of Hanna and Fabrizio!
Sojourner
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Hanna Philip is restaurant critic from Berlin, and her latest review of a restaurant in a peaceful village tucked away in the apricot grove of Tuscan in Italy set off a chain of events which transformed her life. The owner of Tre Camini restaurant, Giuseppa Camini, dies of a fatal heart attack after reading the disparaging and contemptuous review. When Camini’s grandson Fabrizio Camini filed a lawsuit accusing Hanna and the magazine she works for of causing the death of his grandmother, it is ...more
Kelley
Novel received courtesy of Goodreads.com First Reads Giveaway

Simply a terrific novel! Hanna is a restaurant critic working out of Berlin. She reviews restaurants all over Europe and is known for her brash yet honest reviews. She wrote an honest yet scathing review of Tre Camini, a small family run restaurant in Italy. Because the mayor of the village was cooking that night (instead of the restaurant being closed as was planned), the food was terrible. Hanna's boss tells her that the magazine is
Debbie
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I loved the story of Hanna and Fabrizio! I was drawn into their story from the beginning, which alternates between the voices Hanna and Fabrizio.

I received a copy of this book in a first-reads Goodreads giveaway.

Enjoyable writing style and characters. I'll be looking for more books by Claudia Winter.
Dianna
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway-winner
I received this from GoodReads for an honest review.
I really enjoyed this little love story. Fun characters. Hanna, a very honest and cutthroat restaurant reviewer and Fabrizio, the restaurant owner who was the target of her scathing words. Their story is told in alternating voices. This light read is predictable, but funny and cute.
A 3.75 but so close I am giving it 4 stars.
Dawn
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
* I received this book for free from Goodreads First Reads. *

This is a compelling read with plenty of unique characters. I was drawn in from the beginning and couldn't wait to see what would happen next. There was a lot of sentiment a good feeling throughout. I would have liked a more complete ending, but overall I really enjoyed this read.
BelleAugusta
Interesting, she goes kelpto under stress? The authors word pictures are scrumptious. This was a crazy, heartwarming story of family and finding that special person who makes your heart sing. Touched by the weight of small towns and family legacies. Thank you to both Ms Winter and her translator, Ms Bauer, for the flow of words into a beautiful tale of love and family.
Stephen Walton
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought over all this was a really good book with a quirky theme and amusing dialogue. I was disappointed that it didn't have a definitive happy ever after, but ... I felt frustrated at that, however because it was such a different story from the norm in this genre and definitely worth its 4* rating I would give it a good recommend for your to read shelf.
Andie Long
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a magnificent book. Transported me into the story with scenery painted so vividly. A real feel good story.
Mary
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars.

The story takes place mostly in a small fictional italian village called Montesimo. Hanna is a food critic but prefers to call herself a cullinary journalist. Her critiques always tell the truth and are often harsh. She writes a scalding review of Tre Camini, a small family run restaurant and the owner dies of a heart attack.

Fabrizio files a lawsuit against Hanna and the magazine that she works for because he believes the article killed his grandmother. Hanna's boss forces her to
Faith W
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet as Apricots and Honey!

Deliciously easy read that transports the reader to experience real life in Tuscany with a typical Italian family that resembles most families! A lovely time with two very head-strong people who, through a very determined Nonna, find each other, love and a future together!
Maria Claudia
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I discovered this author recently and iam delighted with these two books in english that I have read. Iam a romance devourer ABS i can say that it is hard to find original plots. This author brings a refreshing view. Such good books, such fun stories. Well done
Marie Gibson
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

I kept wanting to think of the hero as a fool since I guessed the secret ingredient and he never did. But that would have messed up the book. I also wanted to beat his brother.
Cindy
Jan 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Light romance between a food writer and restaurant owner. Although it reads like a Hallmark movie, the characters were well-drawn, and I’m a sucker for books set in the Tuscan countryside. This free download from Amazon Prime was an entertaining chick-lit read.
Marguerite McPherson
Could not put this down!

One of the best books I've ever read. I loved the description of everything that went into making the amazing food in the story, and the author's description of the estate's grounds were wonderful.
Jennifer Hill
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-books
This book was okay, a nice fluffy read with a couple of twists. I wouldn't say the writing was amazing, and I don't know that I would read anything else by this author, but it was okay for a quick read.
sue chin
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Take me to Italy!

I love foodie stories and this is one of the best I have read. Funny heartfelt and full of misunderstandings and the uncertainty and glories of love. What a journey with great characters. Nona is a wise woman!
Thoroughly enjoyed this book and author!
Carrie Gable
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Makes me want to go to Italy

Very well written and a great read. I could really picture being in Germany and Italy. I will be trying the recipes.
Patti Finelli
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved it.

I so enjoyed this story kept me guessing, and held my interest. Would recommend it highly good rainy or snowy day reading. Light and funny.
Alessandra Vitale
Okay

Sweet and heartfelt but I needed more emotion and a more gradual process of falling in love for the protagonists. Also, I hate the end.
Cheryl
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
This was a slow starter but overall I enjoyed it. Somethings may not have translated well making the dialog seem overly formal in places. Still a sweet romance.
Sruthi
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Book Tastes like ripe juicy apricot. Now I too want to taste all the recipes and wine. I truly enjoyed the book.
Lisa
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet, lovely read!!

I loved this book, characters that I didn’t always like, some I loved from the start, very well written and insider want it to end
Ashley
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the story/concept, but chemistry was lacking for me between the main characters.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Algo más que vecinos
  • Love 'Em or Leave 'Em
  • The Love of a Stranger (Kindle Single)
  • Frozen
  • Spinster
  • Tell Me (Me, #1)
  • Why Romeo Hates Juliet
  • Breathe Again: A Love Story
  • The Pollyanna Plan
  • Gentling the Cowboy (Texan Nights, #1)
  • The Sapphire Affair (Jewel #1)
  • Until Harry
  • Dear Dwayne, With Love
  • Bed & Breakfast Blues
  • CEOs Don't Cry
  • Declaring Spinsterhood
  • Escape to Sunrise Cottage: A Fabrian Books' feel-good novel
  • A Heat Of The Moment Thing
“Che bella donna! Dove vai?” Beautiful woman, where are you going?” 0 likes
“Nonna’s Roast Rabbit with Apricots Serves 4   Ingredients 1 rabbit, cut up Salt and pepper 1–2 tbsp. olive oil 2 tsp. fennel seeds 7 ounces of onion, cut into eighths 3 tbsp. tomato paste 4 tomatoes, stemmed and quartered 8 fresh apricots, cut into wedges, pits removed 3 sprigs of thyme 1 cup of white wine Brown sugar to taste Cooking Instructions   Rub the rabbit parts with salt and pepper.” 0 likes