Start by marking “Stepbrother Dearest” as Want to Read:
Stepbrother Dearest

Stepbrother Dearest

4.15  ·  Rating Details ·  41,586 Ratings  ·  4,506 Reviews
You’re not supposed to want the one who torments you.

When my stepbrother, Elec, came to live with us my senior year, I wasn’t prepared for how much of a jerk he’d be.

I hated that he took it out on me because he didn’t want to be here.
I hated that he brought girls from our high school back to his room.
But what I hated the most was the unwanted way my body reacted to him
Published September 23rd 2014 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Stepbrother Dearest, please sign up.

Penelope Ward LOL! Nope. :-) It might go live Sunday night, though. Depends on what the Amazon Gods decide. Official release date is Monday. 5 more days! :-) Glad…moreLOL! Nope. :-) It might go live Sunday night, though. Depends on what the Amazon Gods decide. Official release date is Monday. 5 more days! :-) Glad you are excited.(less)

Glass
Sep 23, 2014 Glass rated it did not like it
So...
Where to start?

I am always intrigued with books dealing with taboo topics (or in this case pseudo-taboo), especially incestuous relationships. At first I crossed this book from my TBR shelf because it seemed like a trashy romance. But then all this five stars reviews started popping out all over the Goodreads. So, I gave in to the temptation. And once again, I should have stick to the original plan.

The story.

description

The horror! My eyes!!! What is this shit???

But seriously, if you are getting off
Aestas Book Blog
Sep 29, 2014 Aestas Book Blog rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ::: 4.5 stars!! :::

WOW!! I was hooked on this book from the moment I started it and I could not put it down until the end!! An angsty, unconventional love story and such a roller coaster! It was absolutely unputdownable.

When Greta's stepbrother came to live with them during her senior year, she never expected him to be such a jerk, and she certainly never expected to feel so drawn to him. He was stunning. Gorgeous. Hot. Tattooed and pierced (yes, there!!) with bad ha
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo WardStepbrotherdearestTiitebySueBee_zps5c6caa82.jpg
 photo SBDcoverxBTbysb_zps95b88030.gif
 photo SBDstoryxBbysb_zpsf206e995.gif
★★★★ ! Stepbrother Dearest (stand-alone). Tragedy re-connects girl with the step-brother she still loves, but can’t have! Stepbrother Dearest = Heart Be Desert Ports!

“I want to be the first one to show you everything and to be the one you’ll always remember for the rest of your life.”

Stepbrother Dearest (stand-alone) opens up to high school senior Greta Hansen waiting for her stepbrother to arrive for a year-long stay. Nothing could have prepared her for Elec O’Rourke. He is eerily hand
Christy
4 Stars

photo b2ec69bf-203b-45ac-bcf4-e8c7fd218f36_zps6f871f04.jpg

I’m not going to lie… the title and the cover of this book drew me right in and made me one click the minute it went live. I’ve never read this author and I wasn’t sure what the book was about (besides a stepbrother/stepsister) but I knew I had to read it. I LOVE forbidden love stories so the title alone drew me in. Stepbrother Dearest was different that I expected. It was a little ‘young’ for a lack of a better word, at the beginning. Then it got a little sweet and sexy. The last half w
Penelope Ward
Jul 30, 2014 Penelope Ward rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
New York Times Bestseller for four consecutive weeks. The book that started a phenomenon.

Amazon: http://amzn.to/2d4i5HO
Barnes: http://bit.ly/1taMFjG
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie

3.5 Stars

"You make me feel things, Greta. You always have. When I'm around you, whether it's good or bad...I feel everything.

Stepbrother Dearest, is written in two parts. In the first part the character are 17/18 years old and in highschool. In the second part the book fast forwards seven years. The characters are reunited, and so the story continues.

So first of all let me just say that, Stepbrother Dearest was a really great book. The writing was engaging, the characters multifaceted and the
Beatrix
Aug 07, 2014 Beatrix rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
description

To tell you the truth, I was not going to write a review for this book, because I really don’t have anything positive to say about it. There are many things that are wrong with this book, but I’ll just address two.

First would be the writing. It was juvenile! Especially in the first part. The plot was repetitive: they flirt, they fight, he insults her, she runs to him like a love-struck puppy. This book was trite, cliché and juvenile. Did I already say that? Ah, I don’t care, because this book ob
Mysza
Sep 02, 2014 Mysza rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Mysza by: Jennifer Kyle
Shelves: favorite-read
"I know I'm not supposed to care. But when it comes to you, what I'm supposed to be feeling has never seemed to matter."

This was one angsty ride! The book was very intense and emotional. I couldn't stay away from it and kept flipping pages like crazy. I was enamoured with the story from the beginning till the end. It is divided into two parts.

The first one tells us how Greta and Elec met. They were step siblings, Elec came to live with Greta, her mom and his dad for a year. She wanted to be
Patrycja

Release Date: September 29, 2014
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

This story follows Greta. She’s sweet, innocent good girl. When the book begins she’s only seventeen year old living with her mother and stepfather. And then one day, she gets to meet her stepbrother, Elec, wh
Jennifer Kyle
”“I know I’m not supposed to care. But when it comes to you, what I’m supposed to be feeling has never seemed to matter.”

description

This is definitely a hit or miss type story. I totally get friend’s issues like Elec’s pov later on or that he’s kind of young to be that skilled in the bedroom and so on and so forth. For me, it was perfectly angsty and Elec was panty dropping hot and I truly fell for him while Greta was really likable and for me that’s a total win win.

Greta’s stepfather’s son, Elec comes
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

4 “scramble the letters” “Look at me.” Kisses

I could not put this one down. And I didn’t. Seriously…I read this book, cover to cover, non-stop, in one sitting - I can’t even tell you the last time that happened…it has been a while but OMG I effin loved it! Everything about it completely had me…I was just compelled to keep reading, I couldn’t even fathom not finishing it because every time I said I was going to stop…something else happened and I was like…wel
Mariℓina
Aug 08, 2014 Mariℓina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
4,5 Stars, I loved it!
Although Stepbrother Dearest had a sad vibe I couldn't explain in the beginning, now that I've read the whole story I can say with all of my heart, that it is amazing. Filled with many funny moments, interesting characters and a much deeper "meaning" than I thought it would have.

Get Cereal = Elec and Greta.
Elec was a compelling character. For a bad-boy he was quite responsible and wholesome and also after all his secrets are finally out, his actions are much more understa
Brandi
Jan 29, 2015 Brandi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Brandi by: Jennifer Kyle
Shelves: angst
description

Stepbrother Dearest was a fast-paced, angsty ride. When Greata's new stepbrother moves in, he is not want she expected. Elec and his father have a difficult relationship. The last thing he wants to do is move in with him and his new family, but with his mother going out to the country for a year and he is out of options. Elec is rude, confrontational, and Greta is extremely attracted to him.

"Physically, he was my dream and in every other way, my nightmare."

These two get off to a rough start,
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Sep 12, 2014 Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK!
This book is one of my most favorite books this year!
I ABSOLUTELY, COMPLETELY, WHOLEHEARTEDLY LOVED it.
I had a book buzz. *tingles, tummy dips, moments of skipping through my house, hugging my kindle, singing "this is the best book ever"... etc.*
It's been FOREVER since I've had an actual freaking book buzz!!!!!
F.O.R.E.V.E.R!
Gosh, I was worried that I was never going to get that buzzing feeling back when reading! Wooo!
But this.. This was angsty. It was sexy. It was just flipping awesome
Beverly
Sep 23, 2014 Beverly rated it liked it

Was it the title, the hype, or me?

This one was just okay to me. I went into thinking I would love this one. I mean I love forbidden love, sneaking around, hot taboo sex, but that isn't what we get here.

The story starts with Elec coming to live with his father and his new family. Greta is excited to meet Elec, and Elec is a complete dick to her. He is miserable in Boston, hates his father and decides being an ass to Greta will make things better for him.

So here we are at the beginning, we have
XxTainaxX
Feb 20, 2016 XxTainaxX rated it really liked it
Elec and Greta take us on an emotional roller coaster that begins when they meet as teens and share a reluctant but very present connection. A connection that is technically forbidden as they are step siblings. The tension between them is palatable, mounting, and full of sensual moments. One night, it comes to a head and the next day, Elec has to leave to take care of something important. Time passes and Elec is brought back into her life at an emotional moment. Where there once was fire, there ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5 STARS

"I've been ready since the day I walked in the door,took one look at you and realized I was fucked."

This was an absolutely fantastic read. I loved the way this story developed, progressing the characters love story from teenagers and then seven years later as adults. I fell more and more in love with this couple with each and every page. Their story is sweet, funny, hot and very intense.

description

When we first meet Greta and Elec, they are 17 years old and are forced to live together because
*****FIVE STARS*****
{BR with Mel, Dee, and Sharon}

photo f05efcee27effdbc654cb2e969685fb5_zpsa8770c6e.jpg

This is the first Penelope Ward book I've read and I wasn't sure what to expect from all of the conflicting reviews on GR. I went in completely blind. I looked at reviews but skimmed only for fear of coming across any spoilers.
I was sucked into the story from the very beginning!!! I was so pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this one. It was funny, heart breaking, angsty, and had some pretty amazing sexy times as well!! PLUS a HOT new boo
Sophie
**5 I-finally-know-what-the-fuss-was-about-these-anagrams stars**

Greta lives with her mother and stepfather. One day her stepbrother moves in temporarily with them and although she had been excited to meet him, he turns out to be an ass. The worst is that she's attracted to him. Even worse, the moment they will get close to each other, his time will be up and he will have to leave. Since he doesn't seem to have the best relationship with his father, the odds are against them.

“You’re the only g
Jessi
Dec 30, 2014 Jessi rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2015-read
"Keep the change, or rather, change into these. I'm guessing your current ones are a little wet."

I have to be honest, I didn't really enjoy the first half of this book at first. I was not a fan of Elec. I thought he was an cocky ass (and not the good kind) and didn't really see what Greta saw in him, other than a hot body. I just couldn't connect with him at all. I hated the way he treated Greta, it just didn't seem like he had a purpose to be so mean to her.

Then about halfway he started to
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Aug 06, 2014 Natasha is a Book Junkie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
“You were the best thing that ever happened to me. I hope someday I can say you were one of the best, but for now, it’s only you.”

You know those books that pull you in like a riptide, taking over all your senses and making you completely oblivious to the fact that there is a real life outside those pages waiting for you to live it? Well, this is one of those books. From the moment I read the title, something inside me started screaming, I want, the mere idea of a forbidden romance of this ty
Maddie
Jun 11, 2016 Maddie rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Maddie by: Cami
Shelves: na, cr, favorite, bb

NOT for under 18’s

According to me a Prologue or the 1st Chapter of a book is THE reflection - SO it must capture my attention from page 1 I will continue a few more chapters to give the Book a fair chance to change my mind!
Herewith my review!

Prologue OR Chapter 1

description

Many of us have had times in our lives when a person who you know very little about, shows up in your life and inexplicably becomes the center of your world. Good because you sometimes experience a shock
⊱ Poppy ⊰
Oct 07, 2015 ⊱ Poppy ⊰ rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, reviewed

“You were the best thing that ever happen to me. I hope that someday I can say you were one of the best, but for now, it's only you.”

Well, I'll be honest if it wouldn't have been for my friends here, i wouldn't even have picked this book. Although the Title really attract me, but after so many fail reads of stepbrother & sister love, i was really wary to pick this one out. But after reading so many 5star reviews, i just decided to pick this out. And i am glad i picked it out. This was so
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Jul 30, 2014 Alexis *Reality Bites* marked it as to-read
I tend to avoid reading a synopsis but I could not help it the title made me do it.. Can't wait for this to release!

photo tumblr_mk7xgxhlsB1r877b7o1_500_zpsc8e8acfb.gif

Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*

♥♥♥ 3.75 FORBIDDEN STARS♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You're the only girl in the entire world that's forbidden, and fuck me if that doesn't make me want you more than anything."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I'm not quite sure what I was expecting to get when I started this book. I for sure liked it for the most part, but I can't say that I loved it like so many others did. Still, it was really good.

Since the moment I read the blurb and saw that
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃

Hero: 7/10
Humour: 2/10
Hotness: 7/10
Romance: 6/10
Extra book Details: Heroine POV; 1st person. Stand-alone. Approx 290 kindle pages.

When Greta sees her new Stepbrother for the first time, she can't help but be overwhelmed with lust.... That is, until he opens his mouth.

Living with him in such close quarters proves quite the challenge, Elec is a man-whoring, smoking (in more ways that one), tatted asshole that just loves to get under her
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 29, 2014 Jacqueline's Reads rated it it was amazing
5 YES YES OH PLEASE YES STARS

I picked up Stepbrother Dearest for two reasons, one, it’s by Ward and two, hello, storyline! Stepbrother and stepsister, oh you know it’s going to be good.

AND IT IS GOOD

If you are looking for an emotional, intense, roller coaster read, then this one is for you. If you are looking for a jerk of a Hero you want to hate and love, then Elec is for you.

Summary

To sum it up, Elec moves in with Greta to live with her and the family for a year. Elec is mean, says off handed
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝
"Why are you looking at me like that?”
“Like what?”
“Like you’re trying to remember what I looked like the other night…like you’d rather have me for dinner.” He snickered. “And why are you winking at me?”

Stepbrother Dearest certainly had my attention in this first half. The second half became draggy and it was repeating the first half. But the last two chapters was sweet!
This book is all about that stepbrother - he is such a bad boy, tattooed and pierced.

Hero YUMMY, my type of hero!

photo D270083C-490C-45D9-8E1F-E7199957000B.jpg

Heroin
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Sep 22, 2014 Laura- BookBistroBlog rated it it was amazing
Well my goodness!!! Am so glad my bestie recommended this book to me. My very first book to read by Penelope Ward and what a book it was!

Elec and Greta's Story is one that will stay with me for a long time. The story was a written in a way that made turning the pages seem like a task that comes automatically.

Loving someone that in society's eyes, is off limit has got to be the hardest obstacle to overcome. Given the background of Elec, you understand why its even more of a 'wrong' thing. But th
Laura Marcela ✎・:*:・ |spoilers af|

description

I don't even feel good to review this book. Ah, I'll do it soon.
What did you think of Elec? 15 261 Feb 20, 2016 05:04AM