Start by marking “The Prince (The Florentine, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Prince (The Florentine, #0.5)

The Prince

(The Florentine 0.5)

The unveiling of a set of priceless illustrations of Dante’s Divine Comedy at the Uffizi Gallery exposes the unsuspecting Professor Gabriel Emerson and his beloved wife, Julianne, to a mysterious and dangerous enemy.

Unbeknownst to the Professor, the illustrations he secretly acquired years ago were stolen a century earlier from the ruler of Florence’s underworld. Now one o
Published January 20th 2015 by Penguin Group (USA) (first published January 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Prince, please sign up.
Piepie Also, Macarena, the author is a "he," not a "she." At least, the author is using a male name! ;)

I also would not market this as a YA book. Definitely…more

I also would not market this as a YA book. Definitely for mature, adult audiences.(less)
Twyla you don't have to. Raven makes reference to the characters and honestly i think it should be read after as it would give too much away to Raven if…moreyou don't have to. Raven makes reference to the characters and honestly i think it should be read after as it would give too much away to Raven if read before.(less)

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
"Tonight I'll help you touch the stars. And when you fall back to earth, I promise to catch you."

I have to say I didn't love this one like the Gabriel's Inferno series and I'm hoping that the hero becomes more charismatic in the following books. I was not in the least in love with him in this one. Maybe it was because Gabriel played a big role in this book and whenever there was a scene between him and Julia, I melted into a puddle of love. He will always be one of my all time favorite book bo
Christy
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
 photo 3d39f789-d76e-4fad-9d8a-15ee3803a9b4_zps866999b1.jpg

The Prince is the prequel novella to The Raven, Reynard’s new The Florentine series. It’s a series that’s based in Florence, Italy. But it largely takes place in the underworld. Some of these characters are not what they seem. Reynard won me over with the Gabriel trilogy. I fell in love with those books, the writing, and the love. I didn’t love this as much as the Gabriel series, but I feel it’s too soon to judge. Seeing that this is just a novella.

The Prince had something very precious to him
Catarina
Jan 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranornal-stuff
3 Mysterious Stars.

description

I jumped on this one after seeing that was the prequel to a new series by Sylvain Reynard, and after loving the “Gabriel’s Inferno” series and finding out this will take place in the same “world” except in Italy, I became very curious.
I did not know that this series are taking a paranormal turn (I probably should have checked it before) but for some reason that fact made me step back a little. Not to mention that despite being very well written and having an aura of mystery
Amy | Foxy Blogs
I was excited to find out while reading The Prince that The Professor and Julianne from Mr. Reynard's other series: Gabriel's Inferno was a big part of this novella. The connection between his previous series and his new series is exciting for us who are fans of Mr. & Mrs. Emerson.

The Prince is a character who is part of the underworld. He wants revenge on who has his stolen artwork. Unfortunately, the couple who holds that piece of artwork is none other than our beloved Emersons.

While The
Nina Bocci
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I find it poetic that these novels and novella are set in Florence.

Florence has a lot of remarkable, beautiful bridges.

This novella (which in the sense of novellas, doesn't feel like one) truly is a bridge from the Gabriel's Inferno series and your favorite characters over the Arno and to the new Florentine Series.

The world SR has created is incredible. Detailed, vivid, romantic, sexual and immersive in the stunning Italian culture.

I think that even if you're not a fan of traditional paranormal
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Not great, but not terrible either. It was interesting enough that I'm definitely . . . maybe planning on reading The Raven when it comes out next week.

My biggest concerns are:

1. A surplus of unnecessary parenthetical statements (it was obnoxious and distracting--oh, the iiiiiironyyyyyy), and
2. The ridiculously unbelievable fight scene in which whom I'm assuming is to be the Object of Our Desire in the full-length novel bests two other vampires (<-----also an assumption) . . . by fighting the
Lucia
Aug 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
"He was fleet of foot and cunning in the extreme, his supernatural strength compounded by his intelligence."

I enjoyed this introduction into new series and was very much intrigued by the Prince of Florence. Sylvain Reynard provided great "tease" of what is to come in his The Florentine trilogy and made me super excited for The Raven. I will be definitely reading it as soon as I get my hands on it!

However, this novella lacked the "wow factor" I am used to when it comes to Sylvain Reynard's stor
Candace
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Gabriel's Inferno series
An Intriguing Transition To A Supernatural Suspense

When Gabriel's cherished drawings are displayed at the Uffizi, he gains the ire of the original owner. After years looking for his stolen artwork, the Prince is shocked when they turn up right under his nose. Not one to let trespasses go unpunished, the Prince is determined to exact his revenge on Gabriel.

This novella was masterfully written, seamlessly intertwining the lives of Julia and Gabriel with the mysterious, centuries-old Prince of Flo
Claire Robinson
Jan 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
3 - He was the predator, not the prey. Stars.

The Prince is a really great bridging novella, seamlessly blending the past with the future, by offering glimpses of Gabriel and Julia Emerson from the unforgettable Gabriel’s Inferno Series, as well as introducing the reader to the elusive Prince of Florence, and how their lives come into contact as a beginning to The Florentine Series.

There are a few little teasers and a lot of scene setting going on in this novella as well. The light and beauty of
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★1/4! The Prince, book 0.5 of 3. The opening to The Florentine Trilogy; Meet The Prince and learn of the ties to the Gabriel’s Inferno Trilogy

“The Prince had to restrain himself from smiling. The professor had no idea of the extent of his adversary’s power. Or his rage.”

Books in The Florentine series should be read in order:
Book 0.5: The Prince
Book 1: The Raven
Book 2: The Shadow
Book 3: Untitled

If you like me read Gabriel’s Inferno Trilogy [my review of book 1]
and fell in love with Gabri
Michelle
ARC provided by publishers in exchange for an honest review

[image error]

As a big fan of the Gabriel Inferno Series by Sylvain Reynard, I was equally excited for The Prince. In Reynard’s newest prequel novella, The Prince, the author was able to bring back Gabriel and Julianne into the storyline. I was beyond happy when my favorite beloved couple played a big integral connection to the book.

#ThePrince

The Prince is one of the main characters of The Underworld of Florence, Italy. The Prince had some specia
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
The Prince, Sylvain Reynard's novella, is darkly sexy, fascinating, and highly addictive. The author's writing is completely hypnotic and very powerful. The story is a wonderful introduction into the new Florentine Series, and features the stunning Professor Gabriel Emerson and his beloved Julianne. However, we meet a whole new set of characters in this very sexy, paranormal romance. I absolutely fell in love with the story!

The Prince is ruthless, cunning, and powerful. But what mysteries is the
Bookish Temptations
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Described as a bridge between Sylvain Reynard‘s Gabriel Inferno series and Florentine series, The Prince is a must read novella for many reasons…

As a reader I always consider it a gift when I can get my hands on anything written by SR, because I truly love his particular writing style. It’s fluid, and brings the narrative to life with beautiful descriptions that allow me to experience the story as I’m reading it. I also know that along the journey SR will take me on, I’ll be immersed in the arts
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
description

‘If he could be said to have a lover, her name would be Florence.’

So we had two different perspectives going into The Prince. One of us has read the Gabriel’s Inferno trilogy; the other hasn’t. Therefore, this was a great test as to whether The Prince could be read with new eyes all things considered seeing as Gabriel and Julianne feature. The result; yes it can as both of us were equally intrigued and a tad confused at the same points. For the readers who fell in love with this couple, this new
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I’m a long time reader of Sylvain Reynard’s stories, and I was curious to see what SR could do with a supernatural series. I read The Prince in a single evening and found it an intriguing introduction to the underworld of Florence, Italy.

Much of the vampyre lore I observed in The Prince was not unfamiliar, but I did enjoy how SR put a special twist on some of the usual rules. The moment when the Prince visits Santa Maria Novella and the Spanish Chapel stands out in my memory as a great opportuni
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
description

‘If he could be said to have a lover, her name would be Florence.’

Sandra
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sylvain Reynard, you really have a way with words.

I really love how this guy writes. I don't even know to explain how beautiful he arranges every word he writes. When I try to read the lines of the characters out loud, it always sounds more like a poem or a song. It might not work for a lot of people, but it certainly does for me.

The reason I didn't give this book more than 4 stars is because I am conflicted to how I feel this new spinoff series will go. I hope I'm wrong with my assumption, but
Eni
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, pnr
Can't wait for "The Raven".
This book was very short,but I liked it anyway.
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review-Jo

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
TSU: https://www.tsu.co/HopelessRomantics
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

I absolutely adored Sylvain Reynard's "Gabriel Series" so of course it was a given that I would want to read his new series. I couldn't wait, especially because I knew my beloved Gabrielle and Julianne were going to be in it.

This story was set in the beautiful city of Florence. A city that fellow Gabriel fans will be already familiar with. I was tran
*.Amaia.* BlackMagicRose
I didn't love it, but I enjoyed it :) I like where the story is heading. The Prince is an intriguing character and all this paranormal side is quite interesting. As a novella I think it's a good introduction to what is coming in the next books. I like the bridge the author presents between the Gabriel's Inferno Series and this one. Reading about the Emersons was nice, but I found myself more interested in the Prince's storyline and all the paranormal underground stuff. So I'm really looking forw ...more
Maggie
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I've missed Gabriel, Julia and SR. The Prince was a perfect introduction to the new series. How I've missed SR's writing! Can't wait for The Raven in February. : )
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Set in the city of Florence, “The Prince” is a prequel novella to The Raven, which is the first book in the new Florentine Series Trilogy by Sylvain Reynard.

“The Prince” can be read as a standalone but readers of The Gabriel Series may be curious about the connection between The Professor’s world and the dark, secret underworld of “The Prince.”

description

The Prince novella connects our beloved Gabriel Series with Sylvain's brand new Florentine Series.

The Prince is a Vampire. An about 800 year old Vampire w
Beverly
Aug 08, 2014 rated it liked it
"You are the only star in my sky"

I am a big fan of "The Gabriel's Inferno series" and I was looking forward to read "The Prince" because this novella connects the new series "The Florentine Series" to "The Gabriel's Inferno Series". As usual the writing is absolutely beautiful but I didn't enjoy the storyline as much as I loved Gabriel's Inferno.

photo tumblr_inline_mo9bm82e3D1qz4rgp_zps888bfd87.gif

The Prince has a paranormal element and that was a surprise for me.

boring photo 527414_zps8aca0285.gif

It was an okay read. Of course I enjoyed the Gabriel and Julianne's moments.

Bj
4 "Underground Prince of Florence" Stars!

Whether you are fans of the Gabriel Emerson Series or are just looking for a quick introduction to the The Florentine Series, The Prince is a great segue between these two series. Romance enthusiasts, however, take note that this book, as is sometimes typical in sequential PNR Series, is really just back world setting. For the romance, you will have to wait for the later books in the Series (in fact, the heroine isn't even introduced until Book 1). Fortun
Jeynna ( The Romance Junkie)
3 stars

I like it but I don't love it. This is the introduction of The Prince.
It's good, but I have some issues with The Prince though especially when he have some kind of lust over Julia. I mean, his thoughts were like ewwww...freaky! Nope, won't spoil what it is.

But it's too early to judge, this book have a very promising premise.

I need to read The Raven like ASAP. I might fell in love with the H though. Hopefully *fingers crossed*
Gretchen  (About That Story)
I found this story extremely intriguing and captivating! Sylvain Reynard has such a specific writing style, so eloquent, it almost has an old fashioned feel to it but it's modern and fresh. I don't know how to explain it but I really, really like it!

Great introduction! It had this dark and mysterious feel to it and there's a great paranormal element at play. The Prince is fascinating and complex. I loved all the little details learned about him. There is definitely an interesting dynamic in the
CC
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars. Definitely left intrigued by the Prince, as he is an enigmatic character. The mystery and paranormal elements were welcome and entertaining. We shall see how the chase continues in the next book, The Raven.
Maya
Aug 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella, paranormal

Not sure how I feel about Gabriel and Julia being part of this new series but a promising beginning nevertheless.
Bella
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just so good.. the whole series is so good! I love the cross this was has with Gabriel’s series!! :) :) hehehe
Literati Literature Lovers
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I adore the writing of Sylvain Reynard. His writing makes my soul sing as he envelopes me into his stories with his finally crafted tales of love and redemption. He has entered the writing world of paranormal romance with his novella The Prince: A Gabriel’s Inferno/Florentine Series Novella.

My fellow readers, who are in love with Gabriel and Julianne from the Gabriel Inferno novels, will thrill at the chance for more time with the couple. I was enraptured in the dark mystery of the Prince, the

• Exposure
  • A Bogie in the Boat (Linx & Bogie, #2)
  • Starlight (Starlight Trilogy, #1)
  • Late Night with Andres
  • The Headmaster
  • Mistletoe & Hollywood (Butler Cove, #2.5; Desire Resort, #2.5)
  • The Weight of Words (Words, #1)
  • Ardor
  • My Captain (Neil & Elaina, #2)
  • Prayer (Pagano Family, #5)
  • One Little Bite (Bitten, #3.5)
  • Drake Restrained 2
  • Luffs (Transcendence, #1.5)
  • Kiss Across Chains (Kiss Across Time #3)
  • Legacy of Darkness (The Jago Legacy, #1)
  • Grave Refrain
  • Waiting for You (Losing Me Finding You, #1.5)
  • Dragon Fever (Dark Kings #9.5; Dark World #26.5; 1001 Dark Nights #44)
"Gabriel's Promise" is now available for pre-order across platforms: https://amzn.to/2Y6ah10

My New York Times Best Selling Gabriel Series has been optioned for film by PassionFlix. The filming of "Gabriel's Inferno" will begin in October in Toronto and Italy. You can read the announcement and the most recent update here: http://sylvainreynard.com/film-series...

Huffington Post Books ranked "Gabriel

The Florentine (3 books)
  • The Raven (The Florentine, #1)
  • The Shadow (The Florentine, #2)
  • The Roman (The Florentine #3)
“Patience was a virtue he possessed in abundance.” 5 likes
“Certainly, he was the only one in the room who'd actually engaged Dante in direct conversation and informed the Poet he was an ass.” 5 likes