Start by marking “Stan (Summer, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Stan (Summer, #1.5)

Stan (Summer #1.5)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  395 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
Stan Remington is the go-to man; what he doesn’t know about Onslow means one of two things: it doesn’t exist or it hasn’t happened yet.

And when it comes to Onslow, for Stan, being an only child has meant a guilt-riddled sense of duty to help out at his parents’ caravan park every summer. Same old town. Same old story.

Until Belinda Evans.

The wild and annoying doctor’s daugh
ebook
Published October 26th 2014 by Smashwords (first published October 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Stan, please sign up.
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews This takes place a year after the first book and explains what happened with them briefly.

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
4.5 stars because I love Stan

The End
Sharon L
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 10-2014
Oh, Onslow.
really Stan, Sean, Max (Adam, Chris and Toby in the previous book) they are all delicious.

[the jury is still out on Ringer]

I wonder did they raise them differently in the 90's? or do they just raise them differently in Australia?

really, I find them all sexy. they are good guys.

Ellie is a delight as always. and Bel, well I really liked her. Loved her.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
This cute little novella reminded me all over again why this is such a great, fun series! I absolutely loved Stan and all the Onslow boys! I need more now!
Christy LoveOfBooks

I adore the Summer series so much! I have to read each book as soon as they’re released, and Stan is no exception. I love me some Onslow boys!

I love that Duggan is giving each Onslow boy his own book, even if a few of them are novellas. Don’t discount the novellas in this series, because they’re done very well. Yes, they’re shorter, but Duggan still gives us a wonderful story in each one.

It’s been awhile since Belinda has been back to Onslow. She’s there vacationing with her family, but when
Heather andrews
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Stan was freakin' like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde I mean seriously this boy is worse than me on my PMSing days and ladies that is saying something if you know me personally. He can be totally sweet and caring, "whoa, whoa, wait a second." Stan's hands grabbed my shoulders. "Just. Wait." He breathed near my earlobe." Then the next a total a**hat, "those toilets aren't going to clean themselves, you know," he said with a wink. He slammed his bedroom door closed, my mouth gaping in incredulous outrage ...more
Lisa
STAN-LEYYYYYYYYY.

I forgot how great CJ Duggan's books are. This one's awesome too, though the jury's still out with Belinda; I dunno if I like her. I remember feeling eh okay with her in Tammy's book, tho.

pre-read

did i scream when i saw this?

YOU BET YOUR SWEET ASS I DID
Devyani
Oct 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Not the best in the series, but as always Duggan has made me happy.
Hannah
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The hottie on the cover is exactly how I picture Stan *heart eyes*

Like all of CJ's books, Stan's story was adorable and sweet, just like the man himself. Stan gave off a lot of Belle-ish vibes (I want adventure in the great wide somewhere!) but I'm glad he eventually stuck around Onslow. And his romance with Belinda...insert more heart eyes here!
Erin
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh I really liked this one. Stan is such a sweetheart. He reminds me of my husband. Loved it CJ
Terri
Jul 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Review also found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

his is the second book in the Summer series by C.J. Duggan. As you can tell by the title it is a novella compared to the full length novels in the series.

I am going to keep this a little bit short just like the story was.

I have to say I did not enjoy this as much as the first full length novel in the series. It did not quite have the same flavor and seemed to be missing a few pieces for me. I think the reason is simple. I am currently
Angie
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stan is full of things that I love: bickering, misunderstandings, and the 90s! It's right before Christmas and Bel's family has decided to head to Onslow for the Summer. She just wants to relax and avoid the sun. Meanwhile, Stan who works at the campground is hoping for the weekend off, but Bel unintentionally convinces her parents and his to go away for the weekend, leaving Stan to run things on his own. Stan's not happy and manages to rope Bel into working with him for free! Now it's a weekend ...more
Sheyenne
C.J. Duggan books always put a smile on my face. I love the Onslow boys and their crew. At first I thought we weren't going to get a book about Stan and I was pretty upset because he's one of my favorites. But when I saw the cover I almost died from excitement. Even though I loved this book like I loved the others it was kind of bittersweet because it's only 2 more books left in this series ... 2 freaking more!!! But that also has me excited for Duggan's next series and if there anything like th ...more
Amanda
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was really lucky and got this book before the release date in exchange for a review. Really enjoyed this book!! Stan and Belinda's romance is such a lovely journey to have read. I love the summer series and CANNOT wait for the next one!!
Felicity Gimson
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
these books are addictive!
Candace
4.5 stars.

THIS BOOK MADE ME EMOTIONAL!

With Sean's proposition and Stan's Stanliness, I just can't handle it. I loved it.

This series is so fantastic. If you love Aussie culture and romance with a whole ton of healthy friendships, then the Summer series is for you.
Nicole Hewitt
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
This review and many others can be found on my blog - Feed Your Fiction Addiction

I so adore this series. I don't know what about it captures my heart - the Australian setting, the 90's vibe (I was these characters' age during this same time period, so I definitely relate), the sweet and lovable characters with incredible chemistry - probably a combination of all of these! When I saw that Stan was coming out, I was chomping at the bit to get it, and I was not disappointed! Loved it, just like the
FicCentral
centralpickshijackedbyysar

Stan's been the responsible son, helping his parents in their business so much that he practically has no outside life. What he wants more than anything right now is just to get some time off, time away, time to hang with his friends and not worry about campers and tourists and cleaning cabins. But Bel Evans is back for the summer, for the first time in enough years that he's just now seeing how she's grown up beautifully, and the first thing she does is completely ruin his plans. Now he's stuck
Lisa Fallon
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: na-ya-romance, r2r
let me start off by saying I'm a massive Onslow boys fan. Toby is my favourite and always will be and Sean is second.
I never really gave Stan much thought to be honest, to me the other boys have always been more appealing, and they are such big personalities that Stan easily gets over looked until now.........

Stan is most definitely the man :) I'm so glad he got his story and we finally get to met the woman who captures his heart. we always knew Stan and Ellie wasn't meant to be anymore than fr
Renae McKenzie
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
So good, I got tingles! :D

Stay tuned for full review!

-----------------------UPDATED-------------------------

Release day review posted on my blog Rolling with the Moments.

I was lucky enough to get my hands on an eARC of Stan- THANK YOU CJ DUGGAN! I'm in the middle of prep from my end of semester exams at the moment, but good ole Stanley couldn't wait that long - I smashed out the book in a couple of hours and just feel absolutely in love with Stan and more so with Duggan.

The thing I love most abo
Valeria
I have to admit that even if this novella was good, it wasn’t as good as the rest of the series. I think maybe it was lacking a bit of the witty sarcasm I’m so used to and love. There was some, and there were moments that made me smile, but not as much as in the other books.

It was, nevertheless, an entertaining read, and I will read this book again when I’m re-reading the series. It was fun and sweet as it has become characteristic of the Summer Series. I really wanted to get to know Stan better
Paranormal Tendencies
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“Okay, so Stanley Remmington got hot. When did that happen?” Bel Evans visited Onslow every summer with her family, but this summer is a little different. She’s noticed Stan. He helps his parents at the RV park they own and he’s an all around good guy. Apparently not bad to look either. What she doesn’t know is that he noticed her too. And somehow they’ve ended up alone together under the same roof for the weekend.
If you haven’t read about the Oslow boys yet, you’re missing out. Don’t let the t
Chanpreet
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Stan is hoping for a break and he may have gotten it if Bel Evans hadn't opened her mouth. Bel and her family are regular visitors to the caravan Stan's family owns and Bel once had a huge crush on Stan. Now they're stuck in close proximity to another for the weekend and are not sure how to handle what's developing between them.

I really liked Bel and Stan. I liked Bel for being willing to be a good sport and apologize when she'd made a mistake and Stan for just being an overall, all around good
James
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A funny and entertaining short story in the Summer series.

I really liked this short story about Stan and Bel from the Summer series. At first, I couldn’t place who was who and had to do a bit of a refresher on the other characters in the series, but once I did that it was easy to read this short novella. Stand and Bel were both great characters and I enjoyed getting to know them. I liked the way they both were stubborn and spent a good chunk of time in the story simply driving each other nuts. I
Thalia
Jul 11, 2016 rated it liked it
so...
Im still not sure how I feel about this. it was a good read, easy. but it did not caught me as "boys of summer".

this is the story of Stan (Onslow boy, Wink) and how he falls in love with the daughter of a doctor that use to go camp in the park camp of Stans family.
I think Stan is the sweetes of all the Onslow boys but still he has game and he used it to charm the lovely Belinda that already has a crush on him (even if she try to deny it, you can tell since the beginning).

the cool thing here
Leeann Wright
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
CJ Duggan has done it again with her latest installment of the Onslow Boys series!! Not only is Stan hot enough to make your eyes pop out of your head, but he is also an absolute sweetheart.
He and Bel torment the living daylights out of each other, but he goes out of his way to make things as easy and stress free as possible for her.
Bel is under the impression Stan is still with Ellie and all his attempts to please her and flirt with her have all taken place while he has a girlfriend.
When she
Karen
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Belinda and Stanley

Fun quick read! It gave e a few laughs too!

Being from the US, there were things about the book that made it better for me. I like that I had no clue what some of the words were. I like that I looked some of them up like esky and VB. Who knew one was a cooler and the other a beer? It makes the world smaller to me, like Australia isn't about a million miles away.

Stan's parents owned a caravan park that was up against a lake. Onslow had a fair share of tourists every summer beca
Laura Roberts
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I didn't want it to end. I was so happy to receive an ARC of this book and loved every moment of Stan-LEY and bel-INDA. I don't want to give away too many details of this book, it's definitely one to buy and see for yourself. I knew I would love Stan. I mean another Onslow boy, come on. He was wanting to be independent, break free from the caravan park but also wanting to be loyal to his parents and work around the park for them. Bel is a feisty one on the outside, but inside her emotions get th ...more
Jodie Squelch
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
This a short yet jam packed novella... all about Stan.... And I loved every word of it... with dual POV... I got inside Stan's head as well as Bel... The small, dainty girl who has not only caught Stan's eye but possible his heart has well???
Only a summer together at the his parents caravan park will tell....
I think Stan is my favourite onslow boy... He's sweet, kind, caring and protective.... I love being inside his head and finally getting to know him...
This book may be a novella but it give
Skye Harwood
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
CJ Duggan has done it again with Stan. Her storytelling makes you want to be able to visit the town of Onslow and meet all the characters of the book.

The book begins a couple of years after The Boys of Summer finishes and works seamlessly into the world of Stan and Bel.

We get a better glimpse of Stan and his life and his thoughts which works so well in this book.

Bel is a sweet girl with an attitude when it comes to all things Stan and we get to follow her in her first romance.

This is a sweet a
  • Shadowed Heart: A Luc and Summer Novel (Amour et Chocolat, #5.5)
  • Her Perfect Game (Hot & Nerdy, #2)
  • The Wild One (Brooklyn Girls, #3)
  • The 45% Hangover
  • Runaway Cowboy (Rodeo #3.5)
  • Diner Impossible  (Rose Strickland Mystery, #3)
  • Diary of a Dieter (Confessions Series #1)
  • Kiss the Bride (Amour et Chocolat, #0.5)
  • Heated Desire (Desire Series, #2)
  • My Lady Faye (Sir Arthur's Legacy, #2)
  • The Trouble with Temptation (Second Service, #3)
  • Healing my Heart (My Heart #2)
  • All I Ever Wanted: An Abbott Springs Anthology
  • The Highwayman's Daughter
  • Oceans Apart
  • Dark Sacrifice (Dark Paradise #2)
  • Admit One (Sweetwater, #2)
  • Starting Over (Nugget, #4)
C.J Duggan is an Internationally Number One Best Selling Author who lives with her husband in a rural border town of New South Wales, Australia. When she isn't writing books about swoony boys and 90's pop culture you will find her renovating her hundred-year-old Victorian homestead or annoying her local travel agent for a quote to escape the chaos. The Boys of Summer is Book One in her highly succ ...more
More about C.J. Duggan

Summer (4 books)
  • The Boys of Summer (Summer, #1)
  • An Endless Summer (Summer, #2)
  • That One Summer (Summer, #3)
  • Forever Summer (Summer, #4)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
  • Otherkin
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49