Start by marking “Love In The Corner Pocket” as Want to Read:
Love In The Corner Pocket

Love In The Corner Pocket

All's fair in love and billiards.

Chloe is used to seeing all the angles on the table, so she's shocked when Alex turns up at Gino's Pizza and turns her life upside down. Not only does he confuse her and steal her best friend Bridget, but -- perhaps worst of all -- he threatens to beat her at pool.
Published May 1st 2008 by Point

To ask other readers questions about Love In The Corner Pocket, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love In The Corner Pocket

Fiona
Jan 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Review from my book blog,Bookish-Escape.

I finished this in around 3 hours because I wanted to finish and return it before school's out for the day, but I guess I read too fast, I ended up with nothing to do for a few hours. I really should've stayed home.

I don't know if it was my reading speed or what, I think it's a light and fast paced book, and not exactly what I would call a fun book. Maybe because me and Chloe are having a same problem, much less dramatic but still really depressing for me,
Meghan Delesky
Mar 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a really great book, and I really enjoyed it.

**WARNING**If You Haven't Read The Book You Might Not Want To Read Any Further!

The only thing I didn't like? Her name is Bridget. She was a total bitch, and I have like no idea why or how Chloe could have stayed friends with her for so long. Actually, I can. Because I have a best friend too, and we've been friends since birth. Literally. And we are still friends do this day. But she doesn't treat me anything like Bridget treated Chloe, and
Angela
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gr-8-books
This book is so amazing. One of the only books that I'd wanted to read more of it. I always looked forward for my free time because that'd be the time that I will read the book, and now that it's over. I need to find a new book to read. Marlene Perez, I need a sequel please, but I know it'll be hard to meet the standards of Love in the Corner Pocket. I love that Chloe learns a valuable lesson in knowing to choose for herself. The characters were very developed; I loved Theo, Chloe, and Kayley so ...more
Sue
Nov 12, 2009 rated it did not like it
Where I liked her Dead Is set of books, I was very disappointed with this book. I will not put it on my shelves since it is not appropriate for 8th grade. Besides, the author seems stuck on everyone in the book being attractive and finding the most attractive boys. Shallow reading.
Lianna
Mar 13, 2012 rated it did not like it
I wish there was more of her and Theo. Her "best" friend was just way too over the top for me. And so ridiculous. What a horrible person.
Hpitcher
Jul 27, 2011 rated it did not like it
ehhh.... main character was a little too undecided and too much of a pushover for my liking
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Perez, Marlene Love in the Corner Pocket, 240 pgs. Point. Language- PG-13; Sexual Content- PG; Violence- G;

This is a story about a girl who really loves pool and hasn't had any real luck in the love industry until a new boy shows up in town. She begins to really like him but when her friend steals him she starts to wonder if he is really worth fighting for.

I really liked this book. It has Best Friends, Fights, Love, Pool, and is all about a typical girl finally finding herself and her true frien
Jordan
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Marlene is one of my favorite authors and this book adds a different element than I've ever read before. I love this book and the characters in it. It made me laugh and I loved reading this novel. It went by really fast but it was a great read.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

When your best friend is a blonde California goddess, being second best comes naturally. Chloe and Bridget share a friendship that most of Chloe's friends feel is one-sided and only in Bridget's best interest. But Chloe is always quick to defend Bridget and explain that Bridget has been there for her through all the worst times.

But playing second fiddle finally hits home when Alex walks through the door of Gino's, the pizza parlor and pool bar that Chloe f
Temia (I don't wanna talk about it) van Wy
I love this book.

It was the first book I had ever read willingly and it just opened my eyes to a world of books.

The first time I had read this book I did it in two days. Then it turned into one day and seeing that it was the only book I had at the time. It turned into me reading it every day. I would wake up and read this book. When I was finished with school I would stay up until all hours of the night till I was finished reading this book, just to do it all again the next day.

This continued f
Anne

Chloe is an ace pool player and so she has signed up to compete in a tournament. New rival Alex comes to town and also signs up. But Alex becomes more than just a rival in the game of pool; he becomes the object of both Chloe and her best friend Bridget's affections. Chloe does not see how bad a friend Bridget is and what a loser Alex is. Meanwhile there is a great guy who wants to go out with her and a girl who would make a much better friend. Throw in some angst about parental separat
Traycie
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love in the corner pocket is probably the best book I've ever read! It's a cute romantic love story with a horrible twist. Chloe's perfect laguna life with her new crush Alex changes completely when her best friend Bridget butts into her love life! It quickly gets to the drama. Any teenage girl that loves drama, suspense, and romance will love this book.
Evrim Akman
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in about an hour or less, it was such a good book. After reading this book you will want to read more of Marlene Perez books. I would read this book for a second time if I was not looking forward to the many other books, I am thinking of reading. I would recommend this book, and you will not regret the book at all. Happy reading!
Erin
Apr 04, 2010 rated it liked it
Typical light and breezy teen romance about a girl who plays pool, meets a hot guy who is a user although she does know he's also seeing her supposed best friend.... she ends up with the guy who has been her loyal friend and realizes her best friend really wasn't.
Linda
Feb 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen-ya
A love triangle with the steamy world of billiards as the backdrop. I dig the Laguna Beach setting, the banter, Chloe's observations on life, the trials of friendship and the ties to The Hustler. Is it a coincidence that the cutest, coolest guy in the book is named Theo? I think not ...
Janice M
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book will always be my favorite. There is something so simple yet complicated about the book. It talks about a story that can happen to anyone at this age. And I think that's why its so easy to relate to.
Sam Aguilar-delos santos
Mar 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
'Love In the Corner Pocket' is a fantastic book I read this book 4 times just cause I loved it so much and I NEVER read a same book more than once. Marlene Perez is a very good author I love her books so much she is a very magnificent writer. ~Samantha
Hazel
Feb 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Didn't really enjoy it because I felt that there was way too much drama and bitching which wasn't what I was hoping for. Still finished it though!
Cherval
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
I thought that this book was okay but it didn't really hold my interest too long. It was still good though and I'm glad how it ended.
Anna
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lurvly, and I'm happy with the ending.
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My range of books and maturity has changed, so I sort of grew out of this book. But when I read it, it was so so good. And it was written by the author that got me started with reading.
Nov 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book is so sweet
Lezli R.
I barely started this app can y'all tell me how I can read books on this app
Lizz
Mar 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
OMG I love this book
Madison
May 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-re-read
This book was really good. It had a twist on the usual.
Babra
Jun 16, 2010 marked it as to-read
I wanna read this book sooooooooooooooo much....
Brittany H.
Mar 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book was soo descriptive and had a lot of detail. This book was super funny also. and it was the perfect combo for me of romance and comedy and just life.
Jess
Apr 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Noor Hanis
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book makes me realises the person you admire wouldn't always be as what you thought. He or she might be acting in front of you just to get what they want. Chloe is a strong girl though!
Rachel
Mar 27, 2008 marked it as to-read
Released May 2008
  • Banana Splitsville (Courtney Von Dragen Smith, #1)
  • Dream (Once Upon A Prom, #1)
  • Breaking Up is Hard to Do: Stories About Falling Out of Love by Four Incredible Authors
  • Exclusively Chloe
  • Ruby Unscripted
  • Perfect Strangers (Love Letters, #1)
  • Play Me
  • Love & Sk8
  • A Non-Blonde Cheerleader in Love (Cheerleader Trilogy, #3)
  • The Hollow Sun (The Hollow Sun #1)
  • Girl v. Boy
  • My Big Nose and Other Natural Disasters
  • Meet Me at the Boardwalk
  • Drummer Girl
  • GoldenGirl (Bradford, #1)
  • Risque Business
  • Disenchanted Princess
  • What's Hot: (I Heart Bikinis)
Author of the paranormal teen mystery Dead Is series and the adult urban fantasy Nyx Fortuna series. My new young adult novel Forward Into Darkness releases on April 25, 2017.

Nyx Fortuna series
Strange Fates
Dark Descent
Fortune's Favor

DEAD IS series is as follows:

DEAD IS THE NEW BLACK
DEAD IS A STATE OF MIND
DEAD IS SO LAST YEAR
DEAD IS JUST A RUMOR (AUG, 2010)
DEAD IS NOT AN OPTION (Spring, 2011)
DEAD I