Start by marking “All We Have Is Now” as Want to Read:
All We Have Is Now

All We Have Is Now

What do you do with your last day on earth?

Just over twenty-four hours are left until an asteroid strikes North America, and for Emerson and everyone else who didn’t leave, the world will end. But Emerson’s world already ended when she ran away from home. Since then, she has lived on the streets, relying on her wits and on her friend Vince to help her find places to sleep
Published July 28th 2015 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about All We Have Is Now, please sign up.
Jessica | Bookish Serendipity Not close at all! I feel like We All Looked Up was a very gritty apocalypse novel (fighting, etc) whereas All We Have Is Now has a lot more to do with…moreNot close at all! I feel like We All Looked Up was a very gritty apocalypse novel (fighting, etc) whereas All We Have Is Now has a lot more to do with living in the moment/ kindess, etc.(less)
Lenni Jones There is no adult romantic action actually going on in this book, but there are mentions like, “Hey, we’re about to die and I’m in love with you. You…moreThere is no adult romantic action actually going on in this book, but there are mentions like, “Hey, we’re about to die and I’m in love with you. You wanna go...???”(That’s not an actual line from the book). Also, the offer is never actually taken.(less)
Liars, Inc. by Paula StokesRed Queen by Victoria AveyardAn Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa TahirAkarnae by Lynette NoniThe Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey
2015 YA Covers
273 books — 524 voters
Winter by Marissa MeyerRed Queen by Victoria AveyardThe Heir by Kiera CassFairest by Marissa MeyerEnd of Days by Susan Ee
YA Novels of 2015
1,466 books — 8,921 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of All We Have Is Now
Camilla
Aug 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015, 2015-releases
This was such a waste of time, and easily one of the worst books I've read so far this year. So incredibly boring, terrible and shockingly full of dreary clichés and unbelievably lousy dialogues, and well, nothing else really. I am so disappointed, and a bit lost for words right now. I'll get back to why I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone soon.
Anastasia
2/5 stars

Trigger Warning: suicide

What do you do with your last day on earth?

Just over twenty-four hours are left until an asteroid strikes North America, and for Emerson and everyone else who didn't leave, the world will end. But Emerson's world already ended when she ran away from home. Since then, she has lived on the streets, relying on her wits and on her friend Vince to help her find places to sleep and food to eat.

The city's quieter now that most people are gone, and no one seems
Lisa
Dec 05, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
"Thoughtful, endearing, and surprisingly fun -- a reminder of what's really important in life." - Suzanne Young, NYT bestselling author of THE PROGRAM.

"ALL WE HAVE IS NOW is one of those books my teenage self needed -- a thoughtfully crafted reminder that every moment is a gift and that we should be kind, especially to ourselves." - Julie Murphy, author of DUMPLIN' and SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY

"Heartwarming and hopeful. I'd take this book with me to the apocalypse!" - Amy Plum, internationally
Joey Woolfardis
Apr 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
The world is a terrible place. There are people who get satisfaction from hurting others and there is nothing we can do about it. There are people who have so much money they can wipe their arses on it four times a day and it wouldn't even make a dent in their lifestyle and yet they feel no moral duty to help the less fortunate and there is nothing we can do about it. There are people who are so feckless and talentless and yet seem to be venerated by the masses for absolutely no reason and there ...more
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
Review originally posted on Mostly YA Lit:
All We Have Is Now was on my 2015 most anticipated books list because frankly, I'ma little stressed by the idea of annihilation. The synopsis immediately gave me a heady feeling that what we do matters because the main characters in this journey decide to make their last moments on earth count by helping others fulfill their dreams. Does it sound noble? Yes. Is it a bit unrealistic? Definitely. But ultimately, the feelings I got while reading this book
Heidi
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Five stars: An impactful and beautiful read that you won't soon forget.

Emerson feels restless, especially knowing that life as she knows it will end in just a little over twenty four hours. An asteroid is scheduled to hit somewhere in Idaho tomorrow night. With a day left, Emerson is terrified. She quickly convinces her best friend, Vince, to go with her to the suicide bridge to end it all before the impact, but once they get there, they meet a man who changes their mind. Carl is also on the
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)
This review was originally posted on It Starts at Midnight
The first question in the synopsis was the reason I wanted to read this book. I wanted to be made to think, to be inspired, and to basically ask myself that very question: What would you do with your last day on Earth?

And for that goal, All We Have is Now absolutely succeeded. It also restored my faith in humanity a bit, but we'll get to that later.

It focuses mainly on Emerson and Vince, who have been homeless but sticking together. I
mohamed
Jul 03, 2015 rated it did not like it
Dear Art1misS

…well…RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!..hehehe no no! , I’m just kidding, it’s not that bad, Or..is it?!!!!

There are reasons why books go big , I always thought it’s advertising , but I think you can only publicize a good book, no publicity budget can turn a bad book into a hit (except if it had a lot of between the holidays stuff) . I feel kind of sad that a writer would dive into his imagination and this is all what he comes up with.

Let me tell you about the genius plot, so basically
Amy Plum
Heartwarming and hopeful. I'd take this book with me to the Apocalypse!
Kelly Gunderman
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
Check out all of my reviews on my blog, Here's to Happy Endings!

All We Have is Now by Lisa Schroeder is one of those books that I felt I absolutely needed to read. The premise sounded absolutely amazing - a young adult novel about making the most out of the small amount of time that you have left.

Teenagers Emerson and Vince have been living on the streets for years, hopping from one homeless shelter to another, never knowing when their next meal will be. The only thing they have is each other,
Elise (TheBookishActress)
All We Have Is Now is pitched as an interesting story about a meteor striking earth. It is not. It is a cheesy romance with a cop-out ending and not much interest beyond that.

Emerson and Vince are flat, uninteresting characters, and the book feels driven by their romance with each other. Thankfully, they're a decent couple with a loving dynamic. They're actually cute! Unfortunately, that doesn't make me interested in reading a book that's entirely a romance.

Sure, this book might appeal to
★Codie Abibliophobic ★
DNF

I was just bored.
Kelly
An asteroid is about the crash into the Earth, and Emerson and Vince -- two homeless teens -- made the decision to end their lives before their lives are ended for them. But when they get to the infamous suicide bridge to go through with the deed, they meet a man named Carl who was about to do the same thing. Until he decided to do something nice for Em and Vince. . .which sets them on a course to pay kindness forward in the last hours of life.

This is a sweet story about kindness and generosity,
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
All We Have Is Now is one of those stories that will stay with you for a long time. After reading it I had to sit there and think about How I would react and what would I do and who would I spend my last day with.

Emerson and her best friend Vince have 24 hours to live before an asteroid hits where they live. Everyone is getting out of there but Emerson convinces her best friend Vince to stay with her and survive the asteroid. Vince agrees to stay because he and Emerson both have one thing in
Trisha
Mar 03, 2016 rated it liked it
"Regret is a hard thing to shake."

This one was great for two reasons. One, it was a very good look at the hard moments at the end of the world. Would you do introspect and try to forgive, forget and say goodbye to everyone or would you YOLO and just live your life to the fullest before the end? Lots of tough moments and tough discussions but in the end, it was a little warmer and fluffier than I was expecting.

But the best part was re-visiting many spots in Oregon that I love. Vista Bridge,
jasmine
I loved this so much but i can't even talk about it yet
Tonyalee
See this review and more on my blog, Lilybloombooks

All We Have Is Now was an impulse download on audio. I say this - because it wasn't one that I had seenMANY reviews on and it wasn't on my radar in the slightest. Seeing it was narrated by one of my favorites doesn't hurt either.

This book makes you think. If you had one day left on Earth - what would you do? That question sat with me for a long time, way after finishing and is a great topic for discussion.

Initially, it seems as if this is just
Jane
May 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
I picked this up because I was under the impression that it was another book written entirely in verse. I've really enjoyed all of the verse books I've read so far, not that they really all fit into any particular genre, so I assumed I would enjoy this as well.

Not so much. The introductions to each chapter are prefaced with verse, but the rest of the novel is straight prose. That's not really why I didn't like it, but it did surprise me after I started reading.

Everything about this book was so
Sophie Marsden
Jul 02, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gimme-gimme
Actual rating: 1.5 stars

Well. That was a disappointment.
So much potential was wasted in this book. It was unbelievably cheesy and the characters were SO cliché.
I also really did not like the voices that the audiobook narrator did for the characters, especially Vince. She made him sound like an old guy with lung cancer.
ALSO THE ENDING...(view spoiler)
Kelsey van Dillen
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Omg I LOVED this story. Vince wanting to help people, him and Emerson getting together, it was all so perfect. I even felt tears sting in my eyes a couple of times. This was not only the perfect lovestory but this book also has a strong moral and a valuable lesson. Life is too short to worry about things like money. And you give what you get. When you help people and you see them happy, it makes you happy too.
Dec 05, 2014 added it
Aw, I really loved this! It feels the most "literary" of Lisa's books, particularly with one of the points of view being an adult, but also with the interesting use of poetry to reveal backstory.

Anyway, I love Lisa's writing and have gotten to be friends with her over the last couple years and I want to be sure to disclose that, but nevertheless, I think this is a book that will work for a lot of audiences.

And if Vince isn't named after Vince Howard, I'll eat my shoe.
MJ
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: galleys
Fast-paced and poignant, All We Have is Now is a book to watch out.

This is a book I did not expect to like. I mean, if this is contemporary romance, I'm your girl but apocalyptic? Uh-uh. Not really my style. Despite this, I enjoyed reading this book, a lot.

Basically, the gist of the book was the world is going to end in just over twenty four hours. Emerson and Vince, best friends since Emerson ran away home and has lived on the streets, met Carl. He tells them that he has been granting people's
Ashley (Loves Books)
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
**This review will post to Ashley Loves Books at a later date.**

What do you think you would do if you knew a huge asteroid was going to hit North America? Would you leave? Do you think you'd try to outrun it, even though you know it will alter life as you know it? Or would you stay and live out the last of your days as you wished?

Quite honestly, I don't know what I would have done. I'm nowhere near Emerson and Vince's situation, nor was I as a teenager…but I think I would have stayed. There's
Jayvee  "Writer For Misfits"
I'll be keeping this short and sweet since I don't literally have the time to be doing reviews... (why do I do this to myself?) All We Have Is Now discusses the issue of "What if the world ended? What will you do?"

This is not the newest concept I've ever actually encountered. I think it didn't help that I've read Tommy Wallach's We All Looked Up which tackled the same issue of the asteroid hitting a certain area.

What I liked about All We Have Is Now is how family is tackled and how one's
Kate
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing

This is a book
that makes you want to
savour
every
word.

I loved the characters right from the very first chapter. Em and Vince were so likeable despite their flaws. As they went about their day helping others, I found myself absorbed with each individual's story and could not stop reading. I have always been a fan of Schroeder's books because of her lyrical and descriptive writing and All We Have Is Now is no exception. The writing was amazing as always.

Ralph Waldo Emerson once said
Claire Wood
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: disappointments
uh slow, boring & depressing! each character represents something fear love Hope etc.... the dynamic between Vince and em is cute butt so many of the other characters were rubbish pointless and annoying! the ideas and concepts of the book are great but the book failed to deliver. the story did have me rooting for the characters and emotionally invested but the ending is predictable and there was something missing a spark a a void in the story.
Jen
Jul 30, 2014 rated it liked it

Once I read the synopsis of All We Have is Now by Lisa Schroeder, I immediately thought of We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach. Now, I tried reading that book a few months ago and y’all know that I DNFed it so hard because the plot exploded into a crazy, incomprehensible story. Humans have only 24 hours left to live before the asteroid hits earth, so they better make the most of it. By picking up Schroeder’s All We Have is Now, I hoped for a second chance at a better storyline for this
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Do authors know something that us normal people don't? There have been sooo many asteroid, meteor, world going BOOM books coming out lately and it really has me wondering. All We Have is Now is the first book in this category that I have read and I can say that I am not entirely impressed. The book wasn't terrible. In fact, there are a lot of redeeming moments and truly beautiful events that happen. But the overall fact of the WORLD IS ENDING just wasn't that great.

Emerson.... Eh. I have never
Joli
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rating 4.5 of 5

I am a fan of books that take place in a twenty-four hour period. They are usually filled with fun adventures and new experiences for the characters. A lot can happen in a day. Now add the fact that is the last day on earth. That changes everything! How do you spend your time and who do you spend it with? All We Have Is Now gives readers one answer with the story of Vince and Emerson.

What I loved:
*The close friendship of Vince and Emerson. Even though they kept secrets from each
Berit☀️✨
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Adrift
  • Barely Missing Everything
  • Autumn Falls (Autumn Falls, #1)
  • Eight Keys
  • Technically, You Started It
  • Juniors
  • The Beckoning Fair One
  • Articulated Restraint
  • Countdown (The Sixties Trilogy, #1)
  • Newly Wed and Slightly Dead (A Touch of Magic Mysteries #1)
Lisa Schroeder is the author of more than twenty books for kids and teens. Her latest young adult novel is ALL WE HAVE IS NOW, and the latest novel for 8-12 year olds is SEE YOU ON A STARRY NIGHT, both with Scholastic. She lives in Oregon where she spends her time reading, writing, baking yummy treats, and hiking with her family.

twitter: www.twitter.com/lisa_schroeder
facebook:
“Let us live so we can love.” 4 likes
“The past is the past. It's gone, you know? It doesn't matter anymore. All we have is now. Right now.” 4 likes