Start by marking “Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss, #1)

Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss #1)

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  8,380 Ratings  ·  1,083 Reviews
A bad boy wrapped in a sexy, muscled, grown-up package might be worth a little risk…

Molly Webster has always followed the rules. After an ugly scandal tore apart her childhood and made her the focus of the media’s harsh spotlight, she vowed to live an ordinary life. No fame. No impropriety. No pain. Then she meets Zachary Fox, a tattooed bad boy rocker with a voice like w
Published September 9th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Rock Addiction, please sign up.

Lee It's the first book in a series but it can be read as a stand-alone.
Lick by Kylie ScottPlay by Kylie ScottLead by Kylie ScottDeep by Kylie ScottMayhem by Jamie  Shaw
My Rockstar Boyfriend
10th out of 146 books — 123 voters
Lick by Kylie ScottThoughtless by S.C. StephensHot Rock by Annie SeatonThe Mighty Storm by Samantha TowleBackstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Rock Star Romance
84th out of 374 books — 737 voters

More lists with this book...

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
1.5 stars. DNF @60 %. Full review posted August 8, 2014

photo oie_oUO5jupIhdGt_zpse0a9f994.gif

photo oie_DK7HLsLAqYHz_zps2344d003.gif

photo oie_1vWWbddqByaY_zps2bcdbd96.gif

Me before reading Rock Addiction:

Woot! I'm beyond stoked that I'll be reading an ARC!

Me after reading Rock Addiction:

I wish I had never read it.

I told a friend I will stay nice and calm. Even though I'm so incredibly peeved I will try and give my best not to make use of too many filthy words. I can do it and I will. *deep breath* So, let's get down to business, shall we?

A twenty-four-year-old innocent, uptight, (view spoiler)
Kristen
4 "Rock n' Roll" Stars–with a HELPFUL WARNING

I'll start off this review with a HELPFUL WARNING for those of you who are familiar with Nalini Singh's work.

This book is very different from this author's Paranormal and Urban Fantasy books! Very different! She's writing in a completely different genre and it needs to be read as such. Also, the characters are of Contemporary Romance age; however, the book reads and feels like a New Adult novel. I cannot stress that enough! If you are not a fan of
Jill
Sep 09, 2014 Jill rated it it was ok

Dear new-adult authors....

description

Ever heard that less is more?

New-adult romances aren't really my thing. But when it has Nalini Singh's name attached to it, what’s a girl to do; I had to read it. I had expected a much higher standard though from this author than the usual run-of-the-mill new-adult romances.

From.the.first.line.
Her smile smashed into him with stunning force.
He just saw her...hasn't met her yet...and he's gone all wobbly at the knees. What a man.

DNF at 75%.

Nope. This contains all the c
Duchess Nicole

"You know when you get the whisper of a melody in your head, or the murmur of a song? And you have the gut feeling that if you could just hear the rest of it, just capture the music" - the need an ache as frustrating as it was piercing - "you'd have something fucking amazing?"

Noah nodded.

"Yeah, well, that's what it feels like with Molly." The most compelling whisper of his life. "I'm not about to walk away from that."

__________________________________________

3.5 STARS
First off, this is a New A
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Nalini Singh is one of my favorite PNR authors, but can she work that same awesomeness and WOW me with a bad boy rock star? I'm about to find out...

Review now posted....

As a longtime fan of Nalini Singh's work, I began reading Rock Addiction with the understanding that it isn't a Paranormal or SciFi story, rather, it's an edgy, sexy, NA/CR tale. But I have to admit, while I was fully expecting something different from the Guild Hunters and Psy-Changlings type stories, I was hoping she'd bring th
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Palm Springs commercial photography

Pour me a double, barkeep.

Let me begin by apologizing to Jilly for failing her. I also feel I should address all of the Nalini Singh fangirls waiting to pounce. Please note I’ve never read this author before so I have nothing to compare this book to and feel zero responsibility of sugarcoating anything about my reaction to this story.

So let’s talk about said story. Molly is a librarian who wants to run her freak flag up rock star Fox
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
DNF at 40%.

This was bad, y'all.

Why oh why do authors think that just because something is "new adult" that they can't use any originality or brains? Is it something about the words "new adult," because I can assure you that there is no power there. New adult readers deserve something better than this.

I honestly couldn't keep going, reading this cheesy insta-love dialogue, hearing about organismic librarian virgins and a damaged rock-star, experienced man. Why recycle this plot that I've read t
XxTainaxX
May 10, 2016 XxTainaxX rated it liked it
I don't know if it's just me but I heard this on audio book and while the voice actress was decent I can't really get into the steamy parts without almost giggling at how she does the male voices lol The plot isn't really all that original: Rock star falls for the shy, private girl who has many insecurities. I like Fox's determination even if it is a bit insta-love. Molly was annoying at times, especially in the beginning but she eventually starts to find her footing in his world. They argued to ...more
Beverly
LIVE http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Addiction-...

3.5 Stars

“Here is to rock stars with voices like sex and bodies like heaven.”

Sex, love, and rock and roll. You get the whole shebang and this book! This is my first book by Nalini Singh, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Overall I liked the story, I just didn’t love it.

In other reviews I read prior to starting Rock Addictions people complained about insta-love and tons of sex. While insta-love can be a deal breaker for most, I can typically over look
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
(ARC provided by author)

3.5 - 4 's

Fox is the lead singer of the band, Schoolboy Choir, who's spending a month in New Zealand when he runs into Molly at a party. Smitten from the beginning, Fox has to carefully plan his moves if he has any hope of winning Molly over.

Anyone that reads PNR/UF, most likely has read a book by Nalini Singh. I've read them all and I love her writing, so I wasn't apprehensive at all when I heard she wrote a CR book.

That being said, I think she did a good job overall.
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥

Rock Addictions has all the ingredients that I thought would make a great, sexy ROCK STAR read. I believed this book would really suit me but, I'm sad to say, this wasn't the case. There were elements of it that I liked but unfortunately I didn't connect with the characters and so the story lost my attention and I found myself skimming.

I think my main problem was that I didn't feel any build of the characters, or their history, before they dived into each other. As I result, I found myself not
Glass
Sep 14, 2014 Glass rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2-I-am-so-dissapointed-stars

What happens when you do not listen to your girlfriends when they tell you not to start Nalini Singh journey with Rock Addiction?
They end up with premission to spank you for being stubborn idiot.

description

Why this book is not for me?

- Instant love/lust. There are few authors that can pull it off and make me live and breathe every page I read, but, unfortunately, Molly and Fox managed only to annoy me.

- "Shattering of their mental walls". On every second page something falls
Jilly
Jun 27, 2016 Jilly rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This is one of those books that you have to give a free pass to the beginning and enjoy the rest of it. It's definitely New Adult too, so don't even try it if you don't want lots of sex and feelings. But, in the end, it was a sweet book that made me smile a lot. Nalini Singh knows how to write beautiful. She just brings out the feels with her words:

"I want to take you out to dinner. I want to walk with you down the street. I want to pretend not to be bored while you shop. I want to kiss you bef
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
2,5-3 Cheesy As Hell Stars

This book was nothing like the ones that Nalini Singh has spoiled us with. It was the worst book I've read by the author and in the first 30% I kept thinking it would be a DNF. But I stuck with it and it did improve considerably after a point. It still had moments of utter cheesiness but it didn't suck. If the beginning was better I would probably up my rating a star.

A rant about the beginning... WITH PLENTY OF UNMARKED SPOILERS!!

p.1
No way was he leaving this party
Val ⚓️ Shameless,  Bitchy & Skanky ⚓️ Mrs. ClayDanvers/RemingtonTate
4-4.5 Addicting Stars

Update 9/11/14 - Some Reading Advice: This reads like an NA with no typical Nalini Singh paranormal elements and lots of naked time. If you know that prior you might enjoy it more...or know to skip it if that's not what you are in the mood for...

Back to the review...

This book is the first non-paranormal book I have ever read from Nalini Singh. I have read her entire Psy-Changeling Series as well as her entire Guild Hunter Series and both were awesome.

I knew from reading the
♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥
3 stars!

Hmm, I started reading this awhile back and then stopped. Picked it up and then stopped again. After seeing so many negative reviews from some of my trusted friends on GR, I debated whether to just DNF the whole thing. Well, let me just say, I'm glad I didn't because I felt that it was still an okay read despite my issues with it.

Rock Addiction is just like any other run-of-the-mill rock star book with a hot, tattooed hero who also happens to be a manho and a 24-year old virginal librari
Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘
FOUR STARS!

After having crammed my puny brain silly with nonsensical things that didn't make sense but still needed to know in order to do well in an entrance exam, I was in dire need of a fun and sexy romance that would relax my neurotic neurons. And I'm so absolutely glad that I decided on Nalini Singh's Rock Kiss series to accomplish just that!

Rock Kiss starts off with a little insta-lust and a whole lot of banging. And whilst that might not work for a lot of you, I have to say, I wasn't even
RJ
1.5 VERY DISAPPOINTING STARS

Actually, 'disappointed' doesn't even come close to what I'm feeling after finishing this.

When I heard about this book I was beyond stoked to get my hands on it because I'm a huge fan of her paranormal books. And, Nalini Singh going New Adult? I just had to try it out. I was lucky enough to get an early ARC but that also means that I went into this book blind. All I had was a synopsis and my love of Singh's writing. Now I'm wishing I had waited until the official rel
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
2.5 Not The Nalini I Adore Stars

description

Well... Nalini Singh moved (thankfully not permanently) from writing amazing, thrilling, emotional fantasy/sci-fi/paranormal romances to celebrity contemporary romances. As a (mainly) fantasy lover, I was not thrilled to read about what ifs, what nots, hesitations and regrets. Even the sex scenes, which Mrs. Singh is famous for, lacked her usual sensuality.

I know it might be just me, so please don't let my personal issues stop you. Take a peek and decide.

For me, I
Shawna
Oct 06, 2014 Shawna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author-nalini-singh, erotic-romance-erotica-romantica, contemporary-romance, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, favorite-romance-series, heroine-i-wanna-bitch-slap-annoying, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, im-a-cover-hottie-ho, why-do-good-girls-like-bad-boys, heroine-naïve-virgin-like-a-virgin, tattoos-piercings-body-art, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, hero-stalk-me-baby-possessive, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, heroine-odd-spinster-wallflower, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, rt-book-reviews-top-pick, heroine-curvy-plump-not-stick-thin, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, hero-or-heroine-illegitimate, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, i-read-kindle, kindle, hh-musician-rocker-singer-popstar, 4-stars, steam-4-smokin, heroine-prim-proper-decorous, hero-brooding, hh-love-commitment-marriage-phobic, hero-walking-hardon, hh-rags-to-riches, hero-daddy-warbucks-wealthy, hero-besotted-so-smitten-its-sexy, heroine-girl-next-door, heroine-ridiculed-unpopular-teased, hero-black-sheep, hero-tattalizing, ending-abrupt-poor-epilogue-needed, heroine-bad-reputation-fallen, hh-famous-celebrity, best-friendships, best-secondary-characters-ensemble, hero-player-manwhore-sex-addict, hero-reformed-rake-player, heroine-plucky-lively-feisty-spunky, hero-flirt-charmer-ladies-man, heroine-good-girl-nice, hero-uber-alpha-domineering, heroine-good-girl-tempted-gone-wild, hero-bedroom-bad-boy, hero-alpha, hero-hot-car-sexy-costly-ride, new-adult-romance, hero-piercings-in-yummy-places, 2014-reads, hh-insta-lust-love, heroine-shy-mousy-docile, heroine-self-esteem-issues, hero-cocky-conceited-arrogant-ego, hh-banter-bicker-sparring-foreplay, hh-save-the-drama-for-yo-mama, hh-story-angst-drama-galore, heroine-librarian, series-rock-kiss
4 stars – Contemporary/New Adult/Rock Star Romance

I really struggled with this initially, mainly because I was uber annoyed with the heroine, but I ended up enjoying it. There’s lots of clichés and manufactured melodrama, but I liked that the H/h communicated about their pasts, insecurities, vulnerabilities, and issues, in between all their explosive sexcapades, that is, which there’s a ton (too much) of.

I loved the secondary characters, friendships, and the relationship between the band member
Ami
Sep 10, 2014 Ami marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 30%

It pains me to DNF a Nalini Singh's book, since I consider her one of the reigning Queens when it comes to the paranormal romance/urban fantasy genre. When I found out that she wrote a contemporary rock star book, I was expecting some of the elements from her PNR/UF genre to transcend to it. Strong feisty heroine who knows how to kick ass. Bad-ass sexy determined hero. Alluring sizzling relationship...

... alas, what I found here for the first 30% was a case of "too much sex not enough
Angela James
Sep 05, 2014 Angela James rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reread, arc, 2014
I loved this book and will definitely be reading it again. I'm 100% happy to recommend this.

Cliffhanger: (view spoiler)
HEA: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Rape: (view spoiler)
Violence: (view spoiler)
POV: alternating 3rd person
Sensuality level (1 being kissing only and 5 being Penthouse Letters graphic:: 2

Grammar errors/typo level (1 being what you'd see in any book, 5 being this read li
Glamdring

*2,5 stars*

Nalini Singh is one of my favorite authors as well as one of the best paranormal romance writer ever. She's one of the three authors whose books are automatic buy for me. She really has the knack to not only build great characters and relationships, create amazing worlds building but also and most importantly unlike many authors writing PNR, her series are coherent, originals, not dragged for the sake of it or suddenly overflowing with dubious new characters brought in for the purpose
Blacky *Romance Addict*

I love Nalini Singh, but this is like a different universe comparing to her other series. A bad universe, just to point out.
Alp
Aug 28, 2015 Alp rated it really liked it
Honestly, it’s pretty difficult for me to rate this book because I had mixed feelings about it. I loved the characters and the author's writing style, but I didn't like the plot, it was too weak. The story started out very interesting, but then it just started to get quite boring and drag on a bit in the middle. As the story continued, somewhere toward the end, it surprisingly grabbed me and the ending totally touched my heart!

The hero, Zachary Fox, had a crush on Molly from the first page. (The
~ Becs ~
Rock Addiction is the first book in Nalini Singh’s exciting new Rock Kiss series and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this one. I’ve not read Nalini Singh before although I know her by reputation, of course, as the author of the highly popular Psy-Changeling and Guild-Hunters paranormal series. The thought of such an established author branching out into a contemporary rock romance series was beyond irresistible to me. So, I had no expectations of the writing style, characters or plotlines oth ...more
Maya  ~the Pessimistic Happy Cat~
.· .·*) .·*)
(.· (.·1 Stars

DNF

ANGRY

This felt like someone searched for all those overused NA themes and squeezed them into one book. To list a few:

Insta attraction/love
Drama
CHECK
Emotionally scared MCs/ past experience that have left there marks on them
CHECK
Guy with man-whore title and is “sex on legs” *insert sarcasm* sorry couldn't help it
CHECK
Inexperienced girl and experienced man
CHECK

You see, most of the NA books nowadays have those themes and use them with different deg
Dina
Oh boy, I don't know what to say - except, the NS world as I knew it has come to an end...

This story could have worked if it was a paranormal romance, but it failed big time as a contemporary. I'm afraid Ms. Singh was unable to shake her PNR muse off her mind when she was writing this book. Oh well, she's still one of my favorite authors, despite this misstep...

Note: I received this eARC from the publisher via NetGalley. That had no influence on my review/rating.
RachelW(BamaGal)
Jun 29, 2016 RachelW(BamaGal) rated it it was ok
Edit: For anyone interested, book #4 'Rock Wedding' is up at NG...

2.5 Stars. It was a nice enough read, I guess. It IS Nalini Singh after all. Unfortunately, it was also your typical NA; full of angst, misunderstanding, jealousy, arguing, rampant insecurity, tears, mistrust, and DRAMA with the twenties set. Nothing really new...just better written. Oh, and far too many sex scenes; they got very tiresome after awhile.

Still, if you like tattooed (emo) controlling bad boys, rock stars, NA drama (w
The Challenge Fac...: Krissy & Elena - Rock Addiction 39 14 Mar 03, 2016 06:53PM
Nalini Singh Fans: Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss, #1) 31 130 Feb 13, 2015 07:59PM
  • The Science of Loving
  • The Best Kind of Trouble (The Hurley Boys, #1)
  • Rocked (Lost in Oblivion, #1)
  • Crash into Me (Shaken Dirty, #1)
  • Rock It (Rule Breakers #1)
  • Rise (Rock Solid, #1)
  • The Story Guy
  • Color Me Crazy
  • Beyond Repair
  • Hard Time
  • The Marked Men Collection (Marked Men, #1-3)
  • Sun-Kissed (Amour et Chocolat, #7; Snow Queen, #2)
  • Dead By Midnight: An I-Team Christmas (I-Team #7.5)
  • Wild Ride
  • Chaste (McCullough Mountain, #3)
  • You Own Me
  • Rough Rhythm (Made in Jersey, #1.5)
  • His to Claim
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more
More about Nalini Singh...

Rock Kiss (4 books)
  • Rock Hard (Rock Kiss, #2)
  • Rock Redemption (Rock Kiss, #3)
  • Rock Wedding (Rock Kiss, #4)

“This song is for my Molly, who is the best fucking thing that´s ever happened to me. Also, for those suicidal idiots sending her fan mail asking her to run away with them, I will hunt you down and rip off you nuts.” 13 likes
“That’s why I need a ride, Molly,” his lip ring brushing the shell of her ear. “I don’t know where you live.” 4 likes