Start by marking “Aim for Love (Tavonesi #5)” as Want to Read:
Aim for Love (Tavonesi #5)

Aim for Love

(Tavonesi #5)

AIM FOR LOVE -- Adventure, romance, and a hot baseball jock. Hello! ...What's not to love? It's truly a love story you will swoon over.- Worth the Read Reviews
--Not since Nora Roberts and Barbara Freethy has an author written such engaging character and unusual, heart-wrenching challenges to love! - EarthLoving Lens

AIM FOR LOVE BOOK DESCRIPTION: A role in an indie movie
Published September 10th 2014 by SeaStar Press (first published August 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Aim for Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aim for Love

Start your review of Aim for Love (Tavonesi #5)
Romina
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kaz Tokugawa is a traditionalist in every sense of the word. Having being brought up in the traditions of the Samurai his sense of loyalty and his heritage have been instilled in him from a very early age.
While attempting to inhibit the failure of his family's peach farm and trying to concentrate on his baseball career romance and relationships are far from his mind.
That is until Hollywood superstar Sabrina Tavonesi....
When Kaz's friend, All Star ball player Alex Tavonesi enlists his help in
Julie
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kaz’s world is peaches and pitching. Romance is the last thing he’s looking for. He promised his grandfather he would marry a Japanese woman. He never knew how hard it would be to keep that promise. Kaz hopes to get picked up by San Francisco Giants. He’s also desperately trying to save his family's California peach farm.

Sabrina is the next up and coming Hollywood sweetheart. Her latest film has made her a star. She’s getting ready to film the sequel but she can’t seem to recover from an attack
The Color of Ink
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely one of my favorite series. I have been lucky enough to have reviewed four of the books in this series. The stories are sweet, heartfelt, and satisfying. Everything from the characters to their connections to everyone and everything around them draw you in.

This story was a little different and interesting. You know from the start of each book, it has to do with baseball; however it’s the extra that gives the stories a kick. I love the way the samurai was entwined within the
Tina
Aim for Love is the fifth book in the Tavonesi series and my absolute favorite story so far. Sabrina has been a part of this series from the first book, and she has such a wonderful personality that I have liked her ever since she was introduced to us as Alex’s sister. The chemistry between Sabrina and Kaz is amazing. Seeing them fight the battles between their own hearts and minds because of the love they feel for one another was so gripping that I was absorbed in this story until the very end. ...more
Liza
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

Received an ARC for an honest review.

It didn't fail to clench my heart in every scene.

I love it too much! I like Kaz and Sabrina's chemistry. The mystery and all the culture stuffs that Pamela Aares has added more beauty in the story. They piqued my interest and I was stuck in every page.

The part I really liked the most was when Kaz was helping Sabrina heal her shoulder. It was romantic and the Japanese culture that was included were very enjoyable.

Aim For Love is
Dee Dee Daus
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read the entire series because I enjoy the characters & scenarios that parallel some aspect of my life. The San Francisco & Sonoma area, baseball, romance & of course wine are some of my favorite things so when those are all put together in a saga that extends from one book to another, I'm all in as well as a huge fan. Thanks to Pamela for her creative gift & she has been a charming woman to be in touch with over the last year. Keep writing! Hope to meet you in person in ...more
Tanya
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love is needed

She had been attacked and suffered an injury. He helps her in more ways than one. The consequences may just be love
LA Spiez
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-star-reads
"I almost lost the most precious person in my life due to those walls, to that vow, not to mention my shame and pride. I love you, Sabrina. I can't offer you the world you're accustomed to. Not yet, and maybe never. But I can promise that I will love you with all that I am and all that I have."

Obviously, reading what Kaz Tokugawa says to Sabrina Tavonesi, clearly makes him a swoon worthy book boyfriend. Kaz Tokugawa is an incredibly spiritual character. He is insightful, respectful and loyal.
Kanoko
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Note: I received a copy from the author. This did not affect my views in any way.

Something was missing here. No tingles like when I read the previous books, as though the intensity of emotions that Aares usually expresses so well was somehow muted. I also didn't connect enough with both Sabrina and Kaz. It felt like I was in shallow water the whole time, unable to go deeper. I just couldn't immerse myself in their love story, not enough to satisfy me. The suspense part was done well, though—
Alice
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway
Disclaimer: this book was given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.

First things first: you have to know that English is not my mother tongue so I apologize in advance if I'll make some mistakes.
Feel free to correct me on them. =]

Back on track.

Sabrina is an actress haunted by nightmares with a shoulder injury that doesn't heal like it should and Kaz is a baseball player who dreams to make it to the Major League so he will be able to save his family's peach orchard.
And then
Megan
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I have had the wonderful opportunity to read and review every book in this series so of course I immediately signed up for this one as soon as I received the invite. All of the characters are strong people that are dealing with personal problems but the men are all baseball players. I’ve loved every couple and this was no exception. I’ve been looking forward Sabrina’s story and it was an awesome one. I love how these books have baseball in common yet they don’t dominate the story.
Kaz and Sabrina
Moon Love
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: readathon-2014
4.5 stars!

I'm a little shocked this is my first novel by Pamela Aares. She and her books have been on my radar for a while and I'm very glad I finally got a chance to read one. While I was expecting a good book, I wasn't expecting it to be as powerful as it was. I love it when a book surprises me and exceeds all my expectations.

Aim For Love is the first novel I've ever read that's featured such intricate detail about Samurai's and their culture. I was fascinated by it all and I found it
Dawn Kunda
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Aim For Love is a fabulous choice for readers of contemporary romance with a twist of suspense mixed in.
I like the mix of Kaz Tokugawa’s buff and handsome body training to get into the big leagues of baseball and his warm “side” job of running his family’s peach orchard. Even better, he practices the art of the samurai. How hot is that? Calm, cool and collected, yet deadly when necessary.
Kaz needs to concentrate on his goals. Another “side” job is mandatory for his best friend.
And in walks
Bette Stanek
Oct 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.75 fun factor stars. This is the fifth (and so far, final) book in the Tavonesi series. There are still plenty of teammates on the Giants baseball team so I'm willing to bet there'll be more.

This is another fun and easy read with engaging characters, well written dialogue and the return of just about all the previous characters. I liked the Japanese culture that was brought into this one along with some of the history of Japanese families in CA. Kaz and Alex's struggles are similar in many
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
Another great book in this series. I love this series, main reason is you can read each as a stand-alone, out of order or together. There is a group of "main" characters that pop up in each of the books, but you will not get lost if you haven't read any of the other books.
This book takes place during the off season, so only a little bit of baseball this time around. But we get Kaz! He is Japanese-American, (I loved that) and has studies the ways of the samurai since he was a child. This helps
Sharon Heaverly Machuga French
I absolutely love this series by Pamela Aares. Each book is a stand alone novel but I believe you will understand and learn to love each character in the book by reading them in order.

The author does such a wonderful job in developing each characters personality that you really get to feel that you know these people and will love each and every one of them.

The series evolves around baseball but there is a different story line in each novel. In this book you will meet and experience the
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed for Read Your Writes Book Reviews
by Julie

Aim for Love by Pamela Aares was a very good book. It was hard to follow some of the Japanese customs and words but very interesting. Sabrina and Kaz's story is another love at first sight but takes a while for them to realize it. Kaz Tokugawa is an up and coming major league baseball player with a secret vow he made to his grandfather on his death bed that prevents him from fully giving himself to Sabrina. Sabrina Tavonesi is an up and coming
kristen
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Aares is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Well written, diverse characters with fantastic endings. This story was no different. Do yourself a favor, though, and make sure you read these in order. The world builds so well, you don't want to miss it.

Full review at Beverages and Books: http://beveragesandbooks.com/?p=201
Amanda Huth
Jan 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Aares.put me under a spell with this book. All the twists and turns kept me on the edge of my seat. I also liked how she incorporated Japanese culture into the book. Will definitely go back and read begining of the series.
InD'tale Magazine
"Aim for Love" is a sports romance filled with fascinating bits and pieces about Japanese culture.

Read full review in the 2014/2015 Holiday issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Donna Leboeuf
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She bats it out again

I thought she couldn't have something more different, but she suprised. I'm hooked on this series can't wait for the next one
Caryn Watson Watz Books and Teasers
this is the first book i have read and i loved it. it's beautifully written an draws you in make sure u have time to read the whole book cause you won't be able to put it down
Darlene Baker
Jan 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Agent to the Stars
  • After Alice
  • Everywhere That Mary Went (Rosato & Associates, #1)
  • Unexpected Endings (Castle Mountain Lodge, #2.5)
  • The Castle Mountain Lodge Collection: Books 5-8
  • Border Songs
  • Legal Tender (Rosato & Associates, #2)
  • Back to Blood
  • Waking Kate (Lost Lake, #0.5)
  • Unexpected Gifts (Castle Mountain Lodge, #1)
  • Corrupted (Rosato & DiNunzio, #3)
  • The Accident
  • Hidden Gifts (Castle Mountain Lodge, #2)
  • Final Appeal
  • Rough Justice (Rosato & Associates, #3)
  • Mistaken Identity (Rosato & Associates, #4)
  • A Castle Mountain Collection (Castle Mountain Lodge, #1-5)
  • Running from the Law
Pamela Aares is a USA Today Bestselling, award-winning author of contemporary and historical romance novels. Her contemporary series, The Tavonesi Series, explores the lives, loves, friendships and sizzling romances of the Tavonesi family.

Her popularity as a romance writer continues to grow with each new book release, so much so, that the Bay area author has drawn comparisons by reviewers to Nora

Tavonesi (10 books)
  • Love Bats Last (Tavonesi #1)
  • Thrown By Love (Tavonesi #2)
  • Fielder's Choice (Tavonesi #3)
  • Love On The Line (Tavonesi #4)
  • The Heart of the Game (Tavonesi #6)
  • Love in the Vineyard (Tavonesi #7)
  • A Very Daring Christmas (Tavonesi #8)
  • No Stranger to Love (Tavonesi #9)
  • Until Love Finds You (Tavonesi #10)