Start by marking “Dos almas” as Want to Read:
Dos almas

Dos almas

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  4,128 Ratings  ·  624 Reviews
«Yo nunca había creído en las almas gemelas. Era una expresión hollywoodiense, un concepto inventado para vender literatura romántica y derechos de autor.

A mi modo de ver, el amor era una obsesión mundial nacida de la fantasía desesperada. Daba igual que la gente hablara de amor, de romanticismo, del hallazgo de nuestra alma gemela y demás paparruchas. Para mí no era más q
Published October 1st 2014 by B de Blok (first published September 1st 2013)

Aj the Ravenous Reader

What I have proven after my second book by Ms. Holly Bourne is that she is a subversive writer and I mean that in a constructive way. She defies norms and popular culture through her stories and isn’t scared to express her principles through her characters’ thoughts and it’s why I like her. Just take a look at her take on clichés.

“It’s just a relationship, Poppy. They’re all clichéd. There’s nothing special about us-apart from the fact it’s us. You and me. And I’m glad it’s you and me, becaus
Rose
The biggest cliché for me is that someone who hates clichés becomes a cliché with an entire romance built on cliché.

It's repetitive and dull, not at all exciting and rather cheesy.

I only kept going because I don't like to leave a book unfinished. I was glad that I had kept going as the last third of the book had finally warmed up and had a lot of potential.

However, I don't particularly have much of an opinion on that ending. It was romantic and sweet. but short and slightly disappointing. Yes,
Bobbie
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't do spoilers. But I've never wanted to so much! I feel like this book should come with some kind of warning. At some point, you will cry. That's all I'll say.

Bourne is the writer I've been waiting for. Finally I get to read an amazing YA story and it's British! I read so much US YA that I forget how nice it is to have Brit references that I actually recognise and relate to. Please publish more stuff like this! Poppy and Noah are the perfect couple. Reading about their love blossoming was
Amanda
I'm shaking right now...I don't know what to say. I literally just finished crying. The ending...Jesus Christ, that ending. All the way through the book, I was just waiting for something bad to happen. Poppy and Noah were just so happy... I just don't know what to think. It certainly has been one of the best books I've read in a while.

BUT THEY WERE SO CUTE AND I JUST WANTED TO HUG THEM AND HOLLY BOURNE - THAT ENDING, WHY?????????????

I know it might not be some people's cup of tea, because it wa
May
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: estantería, ebooks
Dos Almas es una novela juvenil un tanto paranormal que me llamó la atención desde el primer momento. Aunque ciertamente la sinopsis que tiene no le hace justicia y podría ser menos comercial y más justa para la historia que nos cuenta la novela. Por ello lo que he encontrado entre las páginas de este libro no ha sido para nada lo que esperaba... y algo que me ha gustado muchísimo.
Si bien es cierto que las almas gemelas son un estereotipo como otros muuuchos que hay en la literatura juvenil, tam
Sabrina
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, ukya
I've got a book hangover!

This book is beautiful. Everything I expected with the twist of the unexpected at the end.

"It starts just like any other day, with the sun rising."

SOULMATES follows Poppy who is totally against every idea of love. The meaning, rubbish. Cliché. Soppy. Ew. But then she meets Noah, a guitarist who's part of the new hot band "Growing Pains" (out of all the names, they call themselves that...ahaha, jokes) and she feels an instant tug. Something that draws them together. Str
♥♥~Carla~♥♥
WTF just happened????

Did I really just read this???

Okay, so haha joke is on us, there must be a second book coming out and Poppy and Noah find a way to cheat chemistry and now they can be together?!?!? Right???? No?? Oooooookkkkkayyyy!!

So I'm all for an author writing something completely different, but holy hell did this kind of different break my heart. Its been three days since I've finished the book and I barely felt able to write a review. I won't say I disliked it, but for once I didn't l
Constanza
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Pueden leer mi reseña completa en: www.booksforfly.blogspot.com

Por aquí pondré tres cosas que me abrumaron y que me TIENEN HARTA EN LA LITERATURA:

1.- Por qué las escritoras siempre escriben que el CABELLO SUDOROSO es sexy??? AHHH?, es ASQUEROSO!!! más aún cuando les gotea porque tocaron en un bar lleno de humo y cerveza...Puaj!

2.- Si un chico APRIETA LOS DIENTES para preguntarme con quién bailaba anoche, no me parece LINDO!!! me parece un celoso psicópata machista!

3.- Si un chico me pregunta: "P
Alexandra Norman
Nov 01, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up fairly cheap in WH Smiths as part of a 3 for two offer. I didn't have incredibly high hopes for it, the blurb sounded vaguely interesting, and I'm a sucker for soulmates, but I hated the cover (dull, unimaginative, and looks as though someone Googled soul mates and chose the first image that came up..)

It smacks of a debut, and one which doesn't really fill me with hope for the writers second novel. The characters were derivative, and painfully one dimensional. I felt no wa
Paula Dennan
2.5 stars, which I rounded up to 3 stars

WAIT. WHAT THE HOLY HELL WAS THAT ENDING? NO, SERIOUSLY? WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?

*shakes fist at the sky*

Ok, ok, I’m going to need to rewind a bit to explain my feelings about Soulmates.

*Sigh*

*and breathe*

“Of course, you’re always a cynic before you fall in love yourself...”

You know the story. Girl meets boy. Sparks instantly fly. Girl maintains she dislikes boy. Girl and boy are mean to each other, at various stages, before finally admitting they love ea
Maddie (Heart Full Of Books)
This book is so clever in the way it rationally explains insta-love, and the fact that it's self aware of how fast paced the romance is does help me like it more, but there was something fundamental that I didn't like about the portrayal of friendship between girls and what's deemed effeminate (drinking banana milk doesn't threaten masculinity, does it?)

'Soulmates' is five steps behind the Spinster Club series, but it was great to see the seeds of what makes that series amazing popping up in Hol
Tatyana Naumova
Несмотря на чудовищный набор штампов, это было а)мило; б)волнительно; в)а в конце я поплакала.
Alican Bozkurt
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sonu inanılmaz güzeldi hem aksiyonda vardı paranormal olaylarda vardı ve inanılmaz duygusal bitti :O Cidden ağlamamak için zor tutuyorum kendimi çok koydu :'(
Nihan E.
Mar 04, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Flor Méndez
Feb 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF at 37%

Lo considero demasiado insultante con el género femenino como para seguirlo. Qué odio encontrar clichés y misoginia más que nada en un libro escrito por una mujer.
Lightrainbow
Начну с того, что задумка у книги довольно необычная. Интересный взгляд на тему родственных душ и любви. И я на это купилась, ожидая чего-то очень интересного и увлекательного. А на деле мои надежды не оправдались.
Во-первых, повествование оказалось невероятно затянутым, порой оно тянулось как резина, и я со скучающим видом перелистывала страницы. И это при том, что автор сама признается в интервью, что объем книги сокращали, удаляли некоторые главы. Боюсь представить, что там было изначально. Сю
Wenda Dohmen
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-bookcase
Wat n prachtig mooi boek! Kon niet stoppen met lezen. Echt ik móest doorlezen! En dat einde....Mijn god, wát n ongelofelijk mooi einde..... Ik was helemaal van slag! Wat heb ik moeten huilen....zoooo mooi!!
Clarin
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Happy endings are reserved strictly for the fiction shelves of bookstores.

One more Holly Bourne book, and one more way to fall in love with her all over again.

When you read of sugary romance, there are lots of times you just want to throw up. Not with Poppy and Noah though. You want these two to have everything, because they're so perfect for each other.

Noah, the (as we are so repeatedly reminded) FIT guitarist of a band, and Poppy, a 17-year-old with a cynical view on love (I can relate *cri
Jean Claudia (Bookish Poetess)
It happened just like any other day, with the sun rising. It happened when I was in the midst of book strolling in one of my favorite bookstores when I crossed paths with Soulmates. I was not fascinated with the cover but I was curious with the title. The title caught my attention from afar because it reminded me of someone. Then I held it in my hands and turned it around and the sypnosis captured my attention even more:

"Soulmates do exist.
But not as you think.

Every so often two people are born
Brujaxa
Jun 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
Abandonado en la página 127.
No puedo con esto. Me parece ridículo. Los protagonistas me caen mal y son muy pretenciosos, además las conversaciones son demasiado forzadas.
JL
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
There MIGHT be some spoilers ahead. Just so you know.

“Of course, you're always a cynic before you fall in love yourself...”

Soulmates is one of the most heart-shattering novels out there, but unfortunately, it didn’t work out for me. Sure it was it was heartbreaking but I didn’t feel that way because of several reasons.

First. I hate most of the characters. They are very annoying especially Poppy’s friends. I hate Ruth for being an insensitive bitch. She’s narcissistic, and in her narcissism, sh
Johanna
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, a week ago I read these exuberant reviews about Soulmates and I spontaneously went and bought it for my Kindle. I'm not as over-enthusiastic as all the other reviewers but it really is a great book. I feel more people should know about this debut author because I'm sure that Holly Bourne has a lot more to say. By the way, I really love the cover, it's simple but strangely beautiful.

At the end of the novel, Bourne explains how she came up with the idea for the novel:

It [Twilight] got me think
Gabri
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, fav-s
4.5/5
(4 stars for the book, 5 for the tears)

I have to be honest: there are so many things to criticise about this book.
It’s somewhat cliché (cynical girl who has never been in love suddenly falls hard), unrealistic (of course the whole story is kind of fantasy, but sometimes it was hard to believe what the author wanted me to believe, (view spoiler)) and the
Andrea
Nov 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Okay. I did not expect the ending. It was so heartbreaking and made me cry :'(

But overall, the whole story was good as well as the writing style. I just hope people like Rain and Anita don't exist in real life. Hahahha!
Phoebe
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ENDING?? no. nope. That did not just happen.

I'm not just judging this book on the ending, I found the whole thing terribly clichéd and muddy, but that ending. WHY.
Suzi
Feb 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I. Finished. It.
Yaaaas :)) Tbh doubting if I should give it 3 or 4 stars, but I'll get back to that!! Hopefully I'll write a review soon but I always say that, so don't expect too much from me ;)
Xx
Abbie
Real love doesn’t mend everything. Real love doesn’t conquer all. And, most importantly, real love doesn’t require a happily-ever-after – that’s not what it’s about. But real love does change you. It moulds you. It burns your heart into a charred cinder that relights like a phoenix, stronger and more blazing than ever.

That’s the thing about love. However you have it, however you’ve had it – it never goes. Once it’s touched you, it’s touched you for ever. You’ll be permanently scarred by its bril
Tuğba
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I don't know what to say.. I literally just finished crying. Did I really just read this? Okay, so haha joke is on us, there must be a second book coming out and Poppy and Noah find a way to cheat chemistry and now they can be together?!?!? Poppy and Noah were just so happy!! They were so cute and I just wanted to hug them! Why Holly Bourne? Why???! I just don't know what to think! It certainly has been one of the best books I've read in a while.
✨ Kaira ✨
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I freakin love this book oh god but the ending seems to be a bit vague to me and I don't know, I feel like this story should have a sequel or something because the mystery that is still a huge problem around the world is still not solved and I seriously cannot accept an ending like that.
Jasmine (Jasmine Pearl Reads)
So heartbreaking..... ok *sobs*

FULL REVIEW TO COME.
  • Dead Jealous (Poppy Sinclair, #1)
  • Dead Romantic
  • Meet Me at Taylor Park
  • Remix
  • Cruel Summer
  • You Don't Know Me
  • Never Evers
  • By Any Other Name
  • Storm on the Horizon (Storm, #1)
  • Rolling Dice
  • Blue (Blue, #1)
  • The Worst Girlfriend in the World
  • Counting Stars
  • The Ghostly Grammar Boy (The Dusk Duo, #1)
  • Drop
  • Undone
  • Close Encounters of the Girl Kind (Geekhood, #1)
  • Othergirl
Holly started her writing career as a news journalist, where she was nominated for Best Print Journalist of the Year. She then spent six years working as an editor, a relationship advisor, and general ‘agony aunt’ for a youth charity – helping young people with their relationships and mental health.

Inspired by what she saw, she started writing teen fiction, including the best-selling, award-winni
More about Holly Bourne

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
  • The Miseducation of Cameron Post
    $9.74 $1.99
  • I Am Not a Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • I Capture the Castle
  • Impulse (Jumper, #3)
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Happy endings are reserved strictly for the fiction shelves of bookstores” 27 likes
“The true test of life isn't how you cope when everything is going in your favour; it's how you deal with things that could destroy you, if you let them.” 12 likes