Start by marking “My Salvation (Salvation, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Salvation (Salvation, #1)

My Salvation

(Salvation #1)

Published (first published October 19th 2014)

Cristina
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, not-finished
DNF 25%

description

How do I get myself in this situations?

I barely made it to 25%...it was that bad.

Why?

Well...for starters: the main female character just moves into her aunts cabin and after not seeing HIM for years and only sharing a kiss ten years ago, after 2 days she calls him her boyfriend, wants to sleep at night in the same bed and goes with him to work...clingy much? Oh...and he's happy as a pie to have her at last.

description

He's a millionaire but says there aren't women after him (push please?) and surpris
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review-Jo

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
TSU: https://www.tsu.co/HopelessRomantics
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

I was first drawn to this book after seeing some posts about it on social media and once I'd read the synopsis I was sold! My expectations were high but unfortunately they were not met and I was left feeling a little disappointed.

The story follows Cali and Owen. The couple both had crushes on each other during their teenage years but they never went
Stefanie
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a perfect debut novel. This is a story of love that will stay with me for sometime. I laughed with Cali and Owen and cried with and for them. This is a story of old love finally coming to the surface and making the move to see if it can grow. People always have a way of trying to get in the way of something beautiful out of jealously. This book has a little bit of everything in it to make it the perfect combination to keep the story flowing and plot awesome. I CAN NOT wait for the next b ...more
Crina (Reading Addict)
Really wasn't my type of read and I felt like all the cliches lived in this book. At first I tried to see it as a nice and easy read, and I wasn't expecting so much from it, you know? But as I kept reading it went on and on and on with all the cliches rubbing in my face and I couldn't anymore.

If it remained just the kind of read with two people that meet again after some years bla bla it would have been better. But no, we find out that he's like that and that... and from there went downhill.

An
Coco.V
Oct 28, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (10/28/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
Caliana Crawford is smart, sexy and unemployed. After quitting her mediocre job, she finds herself in need of a break. She goes to the one place that holds her most precious memories, her cabin by the lake. Life hasn’t always been easy for Cali. She lost someone close to her, was betrayed by her lover, and now she only wants to escape reality. What she doesn’t plan on is her sexy neighbor, who has an agenda of his own.

Owen Matthews goes through the mo
Sheila
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful debut novel!! I can't believe this is the first book Michelle Dare has ever written. I'm impressed and looking forward to what she's going to give us in the future.
Cali and Owen grew up hanging out together during summers at their families lake houses. Although they both felt something for the other it went unsaid until right before Cali left for college. That's when Owen kissed her and told her how he felt, but it was too late. Both of their lives were taking off in different d
A.M. Madden
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read !!! I had the absolute pleasure of beta reading My Salvation by Michelle Dare. This is her first novel and she blew me away. The story of Cali and Owen is one filled with compassion, emotion, loyalty, and pure love. I fell in love with both characters a few pages in. They are real and they are honest. I cannot wait to read more from Michelle Dare.
Colleen N
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
WOW what a great book My Salvation by Michelle Dare was to read! It is the first in the Salvation Series and left me yearning for the next one!

Caliana (Cali) Crawford, has finally had enough of her crappy job, where she is unappreciated. She’s at a point in life where she just wants to do something meaningful and make a difference. She decides it’s time to clear her head and knows the best place to do that is at the cabin her aunt left her. She never expects to run into childhood friend Owen Ma
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥

*ARC*

My Salvation is the first book in the Salvation series and I must say it was a pretty good start. I know this book has been out for some time but I am just recently read this by Ms. Dare. I personally love second chance romances and this one satisfied my cravings for one when I read it. The added suspense really balanced out the story I think, sometimes a book just needs that little extra element to add depth and that is exactly what happens in My Salvation. You can’t help but love
A.D. Justice
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to beta read this book for Michelle Dare and I can honestly say that I loved this story from beginning to end! Cali and Owen are beautifully written and the story is along the lines of a second chance love,like the one who got away, but is now back to find their true place with each other. There's love, intrigue, suspense, drama, danger, and hot, steamy, fan-yourself scenes! I can't wait for the next book in this series and hope I am chosen to beta read for her again!
One-c
Erin Lewis
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review My Salvation (Salvation Series Book 1) by Michelle Dare

This was a new author to me and as this was her debut novel, I was interested to read Caliana &
Although Owen and Cali were childhood friends and each had a crush on the other, it wasn’t until the night before Cali left for college that Owen kissed her.

After leaving a dead end job, Cali decides to spend some time at the cabin her aunt left her. Unbeknownst to Cali, Owen now owns his family cabin which is next door to Cali.
DJ Sakata
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

“You are mine and I am yours. Remember those words.”

“I love you so much. When I’m with you, everything falls away. It’s only us, nothing else matters.”

“You are always rescuing me, Owen. From the time we started dating, you have always been my salvation. The one constant in my life. The person I could rely on that has been with me through every high and low.”

My Review:

I have a new BBF named Owen – he is steamy and dreamy, thoughtful, considerate, kind, multi-talented, funny, adve
1-Click Addict Support Group
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Caliana Crawford has made up her mind to quit her job, give herself an extended long vacation to think things over and see what she wants to do. She decides to spend time at the cabin that was left to her by her aunt Rhea. Well, she's surprised to see no other than Owen Matthews, her high school crush, is staying in the cabin right next to her. Let's just say they have "history" and now seems the perfect time for "their history" to continue to be written.

Owen never forgot Cali (Caliana). She wa
Christy McCurry
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was graciously given a copy of My Salvation for an honest review. This is a wonderful debut novel from Michelle Dare..

Cali and Owen I loved them and their commitment they have to each other.. It was nice to read a story where the couple stayed strong and committed to each other.
Cali Is not happy with her current situation in job, so she just up and quits, deciding she just needs to take a step back re evaluate her life she finds herself headed to her late aunts cabin for a few weeks. While the
Michele McMullen
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing story by the debut author Michelle Dare! She has done a beautiful job of bringing these characters to life on the pages.

Cali and Owen have known each other forever. They left home and chose different paths but fate and destiny are determined to run their paths right into each other.
The chemistry and undeniable attraction between this couple is electric. This book had everything that you crave from a tale! We are introduced to lost love that is found, romance, sizzling sexual c
Kimberly
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WoW! I was completely impressed by Michelle Dare's debut novel!! It was an amazing story of "loss and found". After a death Cali heads back to a place from her youth filled with nothing but happiness. Once there she reconnects with Owen, a childhood friend who she hasn't seen in years. Childhood friends reconnecting and hopefully being "found" by each other. Yeah. That makes for a great book. And the story in the middle of her going back and the words "The End" whoa! I did NOT expect some of the ...more
Rebecca
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-reviewed
An amazing book by a debut author!! This book had heart, depth, love, and a HOT man!! What else could you ask for in a book?!
Cali and Owen met as children during vacations to their families' lake houses and even though there were feelings between each other, nothing ever happened. Cali hasn't seen Owen in years and when she moves back to her aunt's house after quitting her crappy job, she finds out that Owen is even hotter than before. Owen never forgot about Cali and sees his opportunity to ma
Emily
Caliana Crawford is feeling unsettled, deciding to quit her job and take the time to figure out what she really wants to do she heads to the cabin she inherited from her Aunt. She never expected to see Owen Matthews again. Owen was her crush from long ago and although they never really acted on it, she always kept a soft spot in her heart for him.

Owen never forgot Caliana, in fact no woman he ever dated measured up. Seeing a chance to see if that spark is still there, Owen makes his curiosity kn
Megan Asmus
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Received for honest review and this was heart warming second chance love story with some twists and turns and keep you on the edge of your toes with suspence...
Genuinely loved the love in this story of Calianna and Owen. When the one that got away from Owen 10 years prior he never fully got over her.. Calianna escaped away to the cabin who aunt had left to her after passing.. the spark these two have kept for one another and love they share throughout will stay with for for a long time after re
Stephanie Allen
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book deserves 10 HUUUUUUUGE Stars!! Wow!!!! I was totally sucked in to this story right from the first page! A reader would never know this is Michelle Dare's first novel just by reading this. It was beautifully written and utterly took my breath away! I loved the characters after just a few pages in. This story is full of hardships, love, and trust. This is a must read! I recommend this to everyone!
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
This is a really great debut novel. This author had done a great job with her first novel. I'm so looking forward to reading more by her.

I loved this romantic story. Cali and Owen are fabulous characters. Ten years after their first kiss fate brings these two together. They've never forgot their first kiss. Can Owen show Cali how good they can be together?

I found this to be a really interesting storyline. Great sexy scenes and suspense had me reading this in one sitting. Loved it.
Katherine DiLauro
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This has quickly become one of my favorite books. Owen is officially my new book boyfriend. I absolutely loved the interactions between Caliana and Owen. Their love story was epic. I couldnt put this book down. I was so engulfed in the characters and the story! Literally on my top 5 list of favorite books!
Once Upon
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely fell in LOVE with My Salvation. The book completely sucks you right in and immerses you into the story. A story full of love, hardships, trust, and on the edge action. I can not wait for more, a definite must read. I love how sometimes people really are meant to be.
Aryana Soto
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice job...

You did an awesome job on this book always a pleasure to be able to read a good book excellent job
Shirley Van Horn
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the better books. Had great characters and story line. Enjoyed the book.
Tina Lynne
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
My Salvation is a tale of two people getting a second chance to finally pursue the spark that exists between them. Cali and Owen had always flirted as teenagers yet never made a real move to be more. The night before Cali went to college, they shared a kiss that seared the memory into their souls forever. When chance brings them together 10 years later, both Owen and Cali know that this is a chance that they cannot give up. Yet sometimes, life and fate are working against you. When people from O ...more
multitaskingmomma
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Original Blog Post: Blog Tour, eARC Review & #Giveaway: My Salvation by Michelle Dare

My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Stars

My Salvation is Michelle Dare's debut novel and I decided to take it on because I enjoy reading work by indie authors. Was I disappointed? It's a mixed bag for me, but not in a way that is usual.

Caliana is tired of her job, where she's taken for granted, undervalued, and generally overworked. After one final straw, she does the thing best for her. She quits.

The only place she ca
Cassia Brightmore
Nov 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Passionate embraces men and women
My Salvation is the debut novel from new author Michelle Dare. While I enjoyed the story, I would have liked to have seen a little more character development to truly feel that connection to the main characters, Cali and Owen. The story did start off with a bang, which I thought was very well done, however in my opinion this book would have moved up from a good book to an amazing book, had there been a bit more meat to the bones of the characters. The story flowed well and I was intrigued by th
Kim
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Caliana (Cali) Crawford was unhappy in her mediocre job, so with the inheritance left by her aunt she quits her job, taking a long over due break. Cali decided to go to the one place she loves the most, the cabin by the lake. While at her cabin, she runs into Owen, the man who owns the cabin next door. Owen has wanted Cali for a long time but never had the chance to show her. Now that she is back in his life, Owen isn’t about to let her slip through his fingers again. Just when things are lookin ...more
Caz
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book as a gift for a honest review.

I really liked this book, I think it's every girls fantasy, quit the job you hate, go on holiday, find the love of your life and be happy. Well I would love that to happen to me so getting into this book was not hard for me at all :), but in all books it's not easy to get that happy ending.

This is the first book by Michelle dare that I have read and won't be the last. This book had everything love, lots of sex, a guy being a hero and Prince Ch
  • Heated Desire (Desire Series, #2)
  • Power Play (Clear Message, #1)
  • Sway (Confession Records, #2)
  • Seduced (Playing the Edge, #2)
  • Wilde Times (Old Town Country Romance, #4)
  • Obsession (Forgotten, #2)
  • Soldier's Heart (Wounded Love #2)
  • Lessons of the Past
  • Hollywood Lies
  • Cupcakes and Crushes (Turtle Pine, #1)
  • Love is Louder (Love Is, #1)
  • Freeing Destiny (Fate #2)
  • Heartbreak Warfare (Reflect Me, #3)
  • Can't Always Get What You Want
  • With Me
  • A Gentleman's Affair (A Gentleman's #1)
  • Confessions After Dark (After Dark, #2)
  • Operation Saving Daniel (Melville Sisters, #1)
Michelle Dare is a romance author. Her stories range from sweet to sinful and from new adult to fantasy. There aren’t enough hours in the day for her to write all of the story ideas in her head. When not writing or reading, she’s a wife and mom living in eastern Pennsylvania. One day she hopes to be writing from a beach where she will never have to see snow or be cold again.

Facebook: https://www.f

Salvation (2 books)
  • My Redemption (Salvation #2)