Start by marking “Raging Heat (Nikki Heat, #6)” as Want to Read:
Raging Heat (Nikki Heat, #6)

Raging Heat

(Nikki Heat #6)

In New York Times Bestselling author Richard Castle's newest novel, an illegal immigrant falls from the sky and NYPD Homicide Detective Nikki Heat's investigation into his death quickly captures the imagination of her boyfriend the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, Jameson Rook. When he decides to work the case with Heat as his next big story, Nikki is at first happy to h
Audio CD, 12 pages
Published October 14th 2014 by Hachette Original (first published September 16th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Raging Heat, please sign up.
Jack Yes, on 23/02/2018 all of the Nikki Heat novels were available via digital format, in paperback, hardcover, and as an Audible Audiobook from…moreYes, on 23/02/2018 all of the Nikki Heat novels were available via digital format, in paperback, hardcover, and as an Audible Audiobook from Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com. (less)

Jayson
(B) 75% | More than Satisfactory
Notes: Low stakes and washed-out, the story builds its final scene upon a muddy ground of gory violence and hurt feelings.
Ashley
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This is probably the best of the Nikki Heat series so far, barring the five or six glaring typos that really should have been caught by an editor/pre-reader. Also, the fact that the plot started with someone plummeting through my place of employment was pretty great. Whoever ghost-writes these does a really good job writing NYC, probably even lives here, possibly on the UWS. Two thumbs up for neighborhood accuracy!
Glen
The team gets back together when an illegal immigrant is filmed falling from the sky onto a public thoroughfare. The main suspect is the guy in charge of FEMA, and Hurricane Sandy is coming through.

Not bad. Nikki's self righteousness bothers me more than in some books in the series.
Anne
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the TV show, Castle.
And I know that Richard Castle is not a real author.
And I completely know that I'm being manipulated with one of his fictional Nikki Heat novels.

But I started reading it anyway.
And it was really good!
I was actually surprised how good this story was.

I listened to it on my Android.
The reader, Robert Petkoff, was very good.
He has Nathan Fillion's delivery style down, so when he's reading Castle, I can see Nathan as Castle, I see the entire scene.

The story is a serious m
Ashley
I alllllmost two-starred this fucker. For about the first 2/3 of it, I was actively bored. Halfway through, I actually returned it to the library and didn’t expect to pick it back up for a while. Somebody else had a hold on it, so I couldn’t renew it. But it turns out whoever had that hold either didn’t care enough to actually pick the book up, or returned it almost immediately because they didn’t like it. I can sympathize with that. And it got the book back to me very quickly, so. Hey. Who’s co ...more
Benjamin Thomas
This series continues to surprise me, not just with how enjoyable they are but with how well they are written. This 6th book in the series doesn’t let up for a second as Nikki and her team investigates a murder of a Haitian immigrant whose body literally fell from the sky. Throw in a corrupt government official, an inept boss, and a trail that leads to other deaths, all against the background of the approaching Hurricane Sandy, and you’ve got yourself a fun read.

The character of Nikki Heat conti
Ellen Spes
Love Castle! We fall asleep to it almost every night.
Sep 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the Richard Castle books because I watch the show (I heart Nathan Fillion so much!), but I have never thought they were all that great. This one is definitely the best, IMO. There's tension and backlash between Heat and her squad, which evens out all the jokiness. Because, honestly, I do not think cops would be that agreeable all the time. Granted, it doesn't last very long, but it is a nice change.

I do have to wonder where have all the decent copy editors gone? I noticed so many mistakes
Mark Baker
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, mystery
With Hurricane Sandy bearing down on NYC, Nikki is racing to solve the murder of a man who fell from a plane. Are the clues leading to a powerful politician? Or is she ignoring the true trail and the clues that her boyfriend Rook is finding?

While there are scenes and lines that fans of Castle will love, this book works well as a mystery on its own. And the arrival of Sandy, while predictably timed, does add a great new layer to the story. Some interesting character development and this book is a
terpkristin
More candy in Jameson Rook/Castle from. I think in this one they also mentioned Firefly so the nerd circle is complete. Interesting to seethe speculation on who the actual author is. And that there will be 2 more books in the series even though the show was canceled.
J Stanley
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller-mystery
This was one the the best yet in the series. Kept mne guessing until the very end.
Melissa
I enjoy these way more than I should.
Monnie
Sep 20, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The over-hyping of the wedding that never happened last season on the Castle TV show, I have to say, hit a sour note for me. And even though I'll tune in again this season, it won't be with anywhere near the enthusiasm I've had in previous years. Unfortunately, I suspect that experience has carried over to the books as well. In large part, I'm sure that's because the books read like TV scripts and -- like the show -- are more fluff than substance.

So it is, then, that for the most part I ho-humme
Amy "the book-bat"
I miss watching Castle on tv. This book series helps fill that hole. Another fast-paced adventure in this one.
Paullette
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Richard Castle is back in print, and back to true form!! I love how these books run on a separate but parallel track to the Castle tv series, with thinly-disguised characters & plot points lifted from the show's various seasons/episodes (and, sometimes groan-inducing Firefly "Easter eggs"). While most of the secondary characters can rightly be seen as just re-named versions of their television selves (like Roach, whom I envision *exactly* as Ryan & Espo), the main characters of these nov ...more
Krista
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, mystery, romance
It doesn't usually take me this long to get through a Castle novel, but it was no fault of the writer's or the story itself; as always, I enjoyed the further adventures of Nikki Heat and Jameson Rook (loosely based on ABC's TV series 'Castle'). This story in particular was quite complicated, and I couldn't figure it out before it was revealed - a rare thing for me, and a compliment. I definitely recommend this book for all mystery lovers, as well as any fans of the show. = )
Cyndi
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. The sci fi geek in me loved the Firefly references. Letting the hurricane help to rev up the suspense was a good idea. Had a few problems with the quick change in some of the personalities of the men. The pouting because she reprimanded them was over written. Women do still have a tough time in positions of power, but that was a bit too much.
Lisa
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another well-done-for-the-genre Richard Castle novel. The plot is great and the exploration of the characters, when all is not a bed of roses between them, is new territory and an enjoyable read. Content warning: a pretty steamy sex scene and lots of innuendo. Also lots of good humor--male protagonist Jameson Rook never misses a beat.
Michael Prelee
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a nice little crime book written by a real author (or authors) masquerading as a fictional writer about a fictional detective based on a TV detective. If you're a fan of Castle, you'll enjoy this installment in the series. It's clever and setting the crime in New York during Superstorm Sandy works to amp up the suspense. I liked it.
Angela
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
always fun to read the latest Castle book. This one has Hurricane Sandy, Rook, Heat, a body dropped from a plane maybe, a rich owner of Cruise ships who wants to be a POLITICIAN and murder upon murder. Or just a normal Castle read
Lizzy Seitz
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5.0 out of 5 stars

So good that I had missed turns while driving (audiobook) and I never wanted to put it down! Loved it!
Lise
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book,,,missed the show Castle
Heather
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, 2018
3.5 stars It's been a couple of years since "Castle" went off the air and listening to this book made me realize how much I enjoyed and miss that show. Listening to this book was like going home after an absence and visiting with old friends.

It has been about 3.5 years since I read the previous book in this series, so I don't quite remember how it left off, which is fine. The books were pretty closely mirroring the season of the show that ended shortly before they were released and this one rem
Ash
I really enjoy these Heat books. There are my guilty pleasures.

In this latest installment Richard Castle's Raging Heat, a Haitian immigrant falls from the sky and into a planetarium. Believe it or not, that was the simplest part of the case. The victim, Fabian Beauvais is not only connected to unsavory characters but also a Polish mercernary and a highly powerful senatorial candidate, Keith Gilbert. In Heat's personal life, she may have found an engagment ring in her writer's boyfriend Jameson R
Richard Thompson
Sep 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
The sixth in the Nikki Heat series.

In this one, the first murder victim falls out of the sky and through the roof of the planetarium. The victim, a Haitian refugee, turns out to have connections to both a rich and well connected politician who is planning to run for a senate seat (and who had powerful friends who can make life miserable for Heat) and a gang of thieves who rob ATM's.

Heat is convinced that the rich guy is involved somehow, and Rook and even members of her own squad thing the thiev
Clark Hallman
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
Raging Heat (Nikki Heat #6) by Richard Castle – This is another very enjoyable novel by Richard Castle (whomever he or she may be). It opens with the body of an illegal immigrant falling from the sky in New York City. Nikki Heat’s homicide team works the case and links the crime to a very wealthy and powerful city official and wannabe politician, which puts Heat in the proverbial hot seat during the investigation. The case soon widens to include other illegal aliens, crimes, and murders; and Hea ...more
Nathi *Shut it and let me read*
5 STARS!

I JUST LOVE THIS SERIES! (TV show included!)
I really love the mystery behind all the books from the series! Is so well made!

And the characters are as lovely as the tv characters!
Nikki and Rook's relationship is just such a fantastic thing to see it develops! I think is even better explored than their relationship on the TV show.
Maybe because the book is more real/sexual while the TV show go more for comedy...

Thing is that you can't help but LOVE this series!
Has fantastic characters, plot
Patrice
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books are still a lot of fun. The mystery itself is clever without being either obvious or unrealistically twisty. It also highlighted a real social issue that often is ignored. The romantic development between Rook and Heat, while a tad angsty this time, also did a good job of clarifying the nature of their characters. I always enjoy how the books reflect the show Castle. They always do a really good job of selling that the story is written by a fictional character by blending that charac ...more
Aparna
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stars: 3 / 5
Recommendation: If you like crime plots and follow closely how day-in and day-out law enforcement personnel solve a case along with tinge of romance and a boat load of twists that spin the plot like a top, then this is a perfect series to read through.

Raging Heat is the sixth book in the series of Castle Books written by fictional author Richard Castle from the TV series Castle (portrayed by Nathan Fillion) published in September of 2014. The book is released right before Season VII
Sheila
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is # 6 in the Nikki Heat series by fictional/mystery (as in who really writes these books) by fictional character Richard Castle. These are a spinoff of the TV show Castle.

In this one Nikki and Rook are trying to solve the crime of how a body fell from the sky. Based in NYC during the days when Hurricane Sandy was approaching the primary subject of their attention is one of the officials in charge of the disaster preparedness team.

I don't know who writes these books but they are always enjo
Castillions: Raging Heat (Nikki Heat, #6) 1 7 Jun 22, 2014 03:17AM
  • Unholy Storm (Derrick Storm Graphic Novels, #4)
  • A Calm Before Storm (Derrick Storm Graphic Novels, #3)
  • Storm Season (Derrick Storm Graphic Novels, #2)
  • CSI: Serial (CSI, Graphic Novel #1)
  • Mr. Monk and the Dirty Cop (Mr. Monk, #8)
  • Rum & Razors (Murder, She Wrote, #3)
  • Mind-altering Murder (Psych, #5)
  • Mr. Monk Gets on Board (Mr. Monk #17)
  • Birthright (Heritage Trilogy, #2)
  • No Good Deed (Lucy Kincaid, #10)
  • The Sea Beach Line
  • The Ends of the Earth (The Wide World Trilogy #3)
  • The Right Jack (Sigrid Harald, #4)
  • All Manner of Dark Things: Collected Bits and Pieces

Richard Castle is the author of numerous bestsellers, including the critically acclaimed Derrick Storm series. His first novel, In a Hail of Bullets, published while he was still in college, received the Nom DePlume Society's prestigious Tom Straw Award for Mystery Literature. Castle currently lives in Manhattan

Nikki Heat (10 books)
  • Heat Wave (Nikki Heat, #1)
  • Naked Heat (Nikki Heat, #2)
  • Heat Rises (Nikki Heat, #3)
  • Frozen Heat (Nikki Heat, #4)
  • Deadly Heat (Nikki Heat, #5)
  • Driving Heat (Nikki Heat, #7)
  • High Heat (Nikki Heat, #8)
  • Heat Storm (Nikki Heat, #9)
  • Crashing Heat (Nikki Heat, #10)
“Shipwreck? Snow Job? I know. Firefly. I sort of feel a connection to him. Can’t explain it.” 2 likes
“Nikki, never underestimate the ability of the devils among us to see only the saints in themselves. How else could they go about their day?” 2 likes