Start by marking “Legal Ease (Sutton Capital, #1)” as Want to Read:
Legal Ease (Sutton Capital, #1)

Legal Ease

(Sutton Capital #1)

This steamy contemporary romance has characters you'll fall in love with and a twist you'll never see coming. Dive on in to Book One of the Sutton Capital series and fall in love!

Kelly Bradley is convinced she doesn't need to worry about falling in love when she comes up with her plan to marry Jack Sutton. She's dated so many great guys over the years, but hasn't fallen in lo
Published April 18th 2013 by Carolyn Shannon

To ask other readers questions about Legal Ease, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legal Ease

Start your review of Legal Ease (Sutton Capital, #1)
Bea
Nice use of the fake marriage trope, and other tropes. Heavy on romance, which was sweet and steamy, but light on mystery and suspense. I like the cast, may read more in the series."
Jacob Proffitt
There's a lot wrong with this book—too many chapters, stated age mismatch with apparent age, an irrational antagonist, convenient conversion with little impetus, and a wrap-up that's simply too complete to be believed.

But I liked it anyway.

I suppose it mainly comes down to liking Kelly, more than anything else. Jack was okay, but a little too . . . domestic? . . . to buy into fully. By which I mean that his home demeanor with Kelly doesn't match his (stated) work life or
Tracy T.
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was an okay story and okay narration.

I thought this was an okay story. Nothing really exciting or memorable to speak of. I liked the concept of the story and but I thought it could have been better. Seemed to lack any substance to be honest.

There was a couple sex scenes that were well written, not erotica or BDSM.

There was plenty of dialogue and I like lots of dialogue so there is that.

The plot seemed to be undeveloped and an ending thrown in that was neve
Katerina
Oh my...
I just noticed I have the second book in this series already on my kindle...
But I am not exactly looking forward to continue with it.
Based on the 4 star reviews from other reviewers, I expected more.
More character development, more steam, more of "everything"...

The story started off so good, but the protagonists never left the stage of cardboard characters. I found them rather one dimensional, with just three thoughts constantly swirling in their heads
LaFleurBleue
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While reading the blurb, I discovered Kelly was supposedly 28 years old. I checked as I did not remember that and did not find it back. Anyway she did not have the life or behavior of a 28 yo, more like 22 to 24.
This book could have felt contrived, with the marriage of convenience plot, combined with the abduction. But somewhat it worked and I really liked both characters which felt rather real.
The writing was smooth, never too familiar or close to spoken language. One small qualm, I
Snigdha Prakash
This gave me far more than what I expected out of it.
Basically, in the first five minutes of the book, I ended up disliking the heroine because she came off as a scheming bitch.
But once you get past that annoyance, the book is pretty great.
I really liked the honesty between the two main characters and Jack was just amazing.
The author also managed to get the reader on all tenterhooks towards the end. Always a plus in my opinion.
And additionally, I can't wait to read
Illustrious Illusions
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2013, series
Legal Ease is the first book in the Sutton Capital Series, and lucky for you guys, book two, Penalty Clause has already been released! So you can jump into this series and not have to wait too long to find out about the supporting characters from Legal Ease!

Jack desperately needs a wife to keep control of his company. And he is even more desperate because he already told his aunt he was getting married. When Kelly waltzes right into his office while he is meeting with his Aunt Mabry,
Jen_C
Wonderful surprise. Really want this H for myself. Our h walks into his office and declares herself his fiance to save his business. He rolls with it and they fall in love. No big, stupid misunderstandings. He romances her and takes care of her. Then the twist. She is in danger and he pulls out all the stops to find her & come to her rescue. Gotta love a knight in his "alpha" armor. :)
Janeiowa
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot for this novel is a common one in the romance genre: a man needs a wife because of a "controlling from the grave" clause in a will. Kelly needs tuition money for Yale Law School. It sounds pretty run of the mill, but Ms Ryan does a good job with the basic plot, adds in some good and bad characters, and makes it worth reading.

I'm looking forward to the next on this series.
Coco.V
Nov 23, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/23/2017)! 💝
Susan Smith
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book; looking for more from this author. It was a fast read, but fun and kept me on the edge of my seat.
Eileen
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tracy Parker
Cute

It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t anything different. I don’t think I fully connected to characters. It’s a cute read.
Judy
This is the first book in the Sutton Capital Series by Lori Ryan. Back in May, I was part of a Book Blast for this book and regretted not being able to review it. When I saw a book tour open up for the second book in the series, Penalty Clause, I knew this would be a perfect chance to correct that oversight. Tomorrow the book tour and review for Penalty Clause will be posted, so make sure you stop back by!

This book starts with an introduction to Jack Sutton, the CEO of Sutton Capital
Veronica
I received a free copy of this novel, I believe an advanced copy, from the GoodReads giveaway program. As I write my review here, I encourage you to pick up a copy of your own to form your own opinions as well.

The reason I believe I received an advanced edition is how the margins and spacing are set within the book. As I read, the layout of the big font size, how the text was broken up and large margins helped the story carry. Also, Goodreads lists 376 where my advanced/giveaway copy
Anna
Sep 09, 2019 added it
Dnf
Sorry, not my cuppa
Dayreader Reviews
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jack Sutton, who is the CEO of Sutton Capital, finds himself in a strange situation after his mother dies. He either gets married to gain her shares in the company that his father built up from the ground, or his aunt takes over and he gets removed from his position. So of course Jack does what any normal person would do right? He tells his aunt that he is engaged. It’s just a tiny lie after all, nothing bad could happen, at least until Aunt Mabry wants to meet the girl who has won Jack’s heart. ...more
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
*3.5 Stars*

Legal Ease was a satisfying romance. It incorporated a marriage of convenience trope which I enjoyed, a little suspense, and a little humor. It all combined nicely for a sweet story.

Jack is in need of a wife to keep control of his family's company. Kelly is in need of money. She becomes privy to Jack's situation, thanks to Jack's nosy assistant who happens to be a friend of Kelly's, and takes matters into her own hands from there.

I liked both Jack and Kelly. Jack is a go/>Legal
Lynelle Clark
I received the book from the touring host for an honest review.

A wonderful romance novel I enjoyed in one sitting. From the moment I started to read I just could not put it down. Great plot, interesting characters and the romance, boy old boy!!!
Well written and fast paced you are introduced to Jack Sutton and Kelly Bradley. Each with their own reasons for doing what needs to be done, each refusing to accept the immediate love between them, seeking all or nothing. With a jealous
Jan Mcclung-short
Excellent book of romance and suspense at the end. I really liked the characters and love the fun sex driven story. Plot was not a given at all times but glad that it ended happy.

Yeah, I know the story is alittle far fetched....but ITS a story. Kelly is a wonderful fun loving woman wanting to get all that she deserves from life. That's law school at Yale. No money, how do we get to there? Jack needs to save his company from falling from his control or lose it because he doesn't have
Jamie Rhodes
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! Jack and Kelly really have some chemistry. I got this as a freebie, and boy am I glad that I one clicked. I loved the writing style. The story just flowed. No cliffhanger. I loved the dual point of views as well as the point of views from different characters within the story. Jack needs a wife in the worst way. Kelly needs money to attend Yale Law School. Together they give each other what they need. I love the realness of the characters. There are some tense moments, but this book never ...more
F.
I received this book from the goodreads-first-reads free giveaway. The first thing that struck me as a great idea was how the author set up the format of the book differently from what I'm used to in other books. The storyline was great and it was just an overall great book to easily read over a glass of wine. The characters weren't complicated and the story flowed from one chapter to the next. I would recommend it highly.
Louise Wardell
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Goodreads for the opportunity to read this book. I really enjoyed the characters and the story line. Kelly makes Jack a proposition he can't refuse. His wealth puts Kelly in danger while Jack figures out the what he is missing in life is Kelly.

Looking forward to reading more book by Lori Ryan.
Carla Cabrera
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-read-again
Great Series

I loved this series. It is full of romance, suspense and some laughter. The chemistry between the couple's is quite evident and I was pulled in from the start. In Legal Ease, you will find a marriage for convenience that turns into love with a kidnapping and family drama along for the ride.
Becky
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read perfect for the camping trip I was on. Great story I enjoyed the characters and though the premise was a bit far fetched for me, it worked well. I needed a quick read something to just enjoy with out having to think to much and this fit the bill perfectly, I actually am interested in picking up the others in the series to learn follow the other characters!
Mary E Thompson
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first book by Lori Ryan will definitely not be my last. Well written and compelling. Kelly was strong, smart, and amazing. And Jack was sexy, intimidating, and shocking. They were a perfect pair. The twists and manipulation of the plot kept me guessing and showed another side of the world that I only hope I learn about in books.
Bette Hansen
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great marriage of convenience story. Jack and Kelly both need something. Jack needs a wife to fulfill his mother's will. Kelley needs a way to pay for law school. Along the way they discover what they really need is each other. Wonderful story with a lot of romance and a bit of suspense. Highly recommended.
Tamla Jones
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

I absolutely loved this book from start to finish. I can't wait to read the other two in the series. This story had love and passion laughter and tears. The relationship between Jack and Kelly was absolutely amazing. I wished this story never ended I hope that the author updates their life in the next book.
Angel **Book Junkie**
I was pleasantly surprised at how much that I actually liked this book. I fell in love with Kelly from the beginning and I thought that Jack was truly a great man. I thought Kelly was hilarious and did a good job walking into something she had no idea what she was walking into. (view spoiler)
Black Butterfly
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: GOODREADS
Shelves: mystery-romance
BK#1 OF THE "SUTTON CAPITAL SERIES" VERY NICE ROMANCE STORY. I ENJOYED THE BOOK A LOT EVEN THOUGH IT WS A BIT PREDICTABLE. IT WAS FUNNY AT TIMES FOLLOWING ALONG WITH JACK & KELLEY'S FAKE ROMANCE. I CAN'T HELP LOVING A GOOD SEXXY LOVE STORY. I'M JUST A SUCKER FOR LOVE. SIGH!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Lori Ryan Fan Group: New Stuff 1 5 Aug 08, 2013 10:26AM
Lori Ryan Fan Group: Win a copy of Legal Ease 1 8 Jun 20, 2013 08:39AM
Lori Ryan Fan Group: Ask Jack Sutton 2 7 May 26, 2013 08:53AM
Lori Ryan Fan Group: Legal Ease Blog Tour 1 1 May 24, 2013 07:53AM
Free today and tomorrow! 1 8 May 21, 2013 07:48AM
This book is available free til Wednesday, April 24th 1 5 Apr 23, 2013 08:32PM

• Dangerously Taken (Aegis Group Lepta Team #1)
  • Carter (The Sinner Saints, #1)
  • Texas Roots (The Gallaghers of Sweetgrass Springs #1)
  • I Temporarily Do
  • Be My Love (A Walker Island Romance, #1)
  • The Andrade Series Box Set (The Andrades, #1-5)
  • Almost Perfect (Perfect Trilogy, #1)
  • Tangled Beauty (Tangled, #1)
  • The Kiss of a Viscount (The Daughters of the Aristocracy)
  • Secret Words (Secret Dreams, #1)
  • The Hot SEAL Complete Series Box Set
  • A Hero's Honor (Resolution Ranch, #1)
  • Men Of Honor Series (Men of Honor, #1-3.5)
  • Embattled Hearts (Lost and Found, #1)
  • Royally Schooled
  • Work in Progress (Cook County, #1)
  • Protecting Rose
  • Black and Blue (Black Star Security #1)

Sutton Capital (8 books)
  • Penalty Clause (Sutton Capital, #2)
  • Negotiation Tactics (Sutton Capital #3)
  • The Billionaire's Suite Dreams (Sutton Capital #4)
  • Her SEALed Fate (Sutton Capital #5)
  • Cutthroat (Sutton Capital #6)
  • Cut and Run (Sutton Capital #7)
  • Cut to the Chase (Sutton Capital #8)
“Please don’t ever leave me. I love you Kelly. I love holding you. I love laughing with you and arguing with you and just plain being with you. I love the way you accept everything about me without trying to change me. I love making love to you and holding you when you sleep. And I don’t ever want to give that up. Not in a year, or two years, or ever. When I’m with you, I know that I finally found the kind of love that my parents had – the kind of love that will last forever.” 5 likes
“office and I want to keep it going.” She whooshed out a breath. “So, I’m just going to grab onto this year” 0 likes