Start by marking “El libro de preceptos del señor Browne” as Want to Read:
El libro de preceptos del señor Browne

El libro de preceptos del señor Browne

(Wonder Companion)

Primero conocimos a August, un niño que quiere ser normal a pesar de su aspecto. Luego a Julian, la pesadilla de August hecha carne. Ahora llega el señor Browne, el carismático profesor de La lección de August, quien en este libro nos enseña distintos preceptos para mejorar nuestra vida. El primero de ellos es tan simple como poderoso: cuando puedas elegir entre tener razó ...more
Published November 13th 2014 by Nube de Tinta (first published August 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about El libro de preceptos del señor Browne, please sign up.
Rick Bavera Yes it is an actual book. It just isn't a "story". It is a "precept" or saying for each day of the year.
Gracie While I was reading it, I thought Mr. Browne was telling the story. (this answer could be wrong)

Nat
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
description
I love quotes with a fiery passions, which is why I somehow always end up looking at the quotes on my Goodreads. I’m a quote collector.

As Cheryl Strayed wrote in Brave Enough:

“The best quotes don’t speak to one particular truth, but rather to universal truths that resonate—across time, culture, gender, generation, and situation—in our own hearts and minds.”

This book is a collection of precepts that Mr. Browne has gathered over the years along with some essays in which he touches upon the themes
Grace (BURTSBOOKS)
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Kindness. Kindness. Kindness. Kindness. There's never enough in the world and I'd really like to thank R.J. Palacio for spreading so much of it through her work. I read both Wonder and this book of precepts this year and both of them have made my heart feel so light and made me so happy. This book was focused entirely on kindness and how to be the best version of yourself using kindness, so it doesn't feel right to rate it. Solid book that kept me inspired throughout the year.
Raeleen Lemay
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of great nuggets of wisdom in there!
Josu Grilli
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-2-noviembre
Lleno de citas memorables (y no tan memorables).

Yo tengo un problema con el tema de las citas/preceptos/máximas a lo Mr. Wonderful. A veces les doy la razón pero otras veces siento que son cosas básicas hechas para que la gente sonría durante tres segundos y se olvide, pero no las aplique. Sin embargo, en este libro todo tiene algo más de sentido.

El señor Browne es el mejor profesor de los que aparecen en La lección de August. Le cogí cariño desde el principio, y cuando vi el concepto de este li
Nowheregirl
Mar 13, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Remember this?
“MR. BROWNE'S SEPTEMBER PRECEPT:

WHEN GIVEN THE CHOICE BETWEEN BEING
RIGHT OR BEING KIND, CHOOSE KIND.”

yep, I cant wait for all 365 of them :)
Tran Thanh Tu
I smiled the whole way from the start of this book, it totally warmed my heart and made me believe in the goodness of humanity. Needless to say, if I could I would probably give this book 100 stars! No shite, Sherlock! :P

It all started from the very beginning of the book, I already knew that I would love this one as for the ideas of how it was written. Indeed, this is an undoubtedly unique and powerful collection of percepts and sayings of different authors chosen by fifth grade students (some o
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
For my students, I’ve always defined it in simpler terms: precepts are "words to live by".
- Mr. Browne

❤JANUARY
Be yourself, Everyone else is already taken.
- Oscar Wilde

💛FEBRUARY
Love a little more each day.
- Madison

💚MARCH
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

💙APRIL
We love the things we love for what they are.
- Robert Frost

💜MAY
Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
- Mark Twain

💖JUNE
Start by doing the ne
Paige  Bookdragon
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015, inspiring
I don't usually read self-help books because reasons, but I love Wonder so much and I was deeply touched by the precepts of Mr. Browne that I decided to give this one a go.

I was not disappointed. Here are my favorite precepts:

description

If you've got kids, I think this is a good book for them to read. They can just read one page a day and hopefully, the precept for the day would make those little muffins inspired.
Kai
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-buy, 2017
“I've learned that life is like a book. Sometimes we must close a chapter and begin the next one."

This is a cute and empowering collection of quotes, spiked with a few stories and details, that shed more light on the things that happened in WonderWonder. However, it feels like the author is milking her story to make more money. I mean, it's a standalone novel, right? An amazing one. The three short stories that followed Wonder and pictured the events that happened out somebody else's POV were pr
Julie
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Blech, this made me want to puke all over Mr. Browne, but I will "choose kind" and give it two stars instead of one. In my opinion this book was ridiculous, and felt like the author was just riding the momentum of the Wonder gravy train all the way to the bank. Mr. Browne was annoying and too perfect. Every 5th grade kid corresponds with him in long, deep thinking letters? Don't think so. And he seemed to just be bragging about how powerful and inspired all of his ideas and lessons were. Also, t ...more
JV
365 days worth of precepts, 365 days worth of wisdom nuggets to munch on!

This is a cute compendium of inspirational quotes to live by. Something worth remembering every now and then. If you're a fan of the Wonder series, this is a good supplement!
Flor
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5 ⭐

Recopilación de preceptos, algunos muy conocidos, otros no tanto. Tenía expectativas más altas con este libro porque el personaje del profesor Browne fue uno de mis preferidos en “La lección de August”, pero en general estuvo bien.

Les dejo algunas de las frases que más me gustaron:

Albergamos en nuestro interior las maravillas que buscamos a nuestro alrededor.

Lo vergonzoso no es no saber, sino no molestarse en averiguar.

Las buenas acciones son las bisagras invisibles de las puertas del ciel
Nhi Nguyễn
This is such an inspiring, uplifting and though-provoking collection of beautiful precepts and quotes that puts a smile on my face. You can easily identify with these sayings, ranging from quotes from the ancient times to quotes made and submitted by children. Most of them focus on kindness and its meaning in our life, especially in a time when there is so much division and hatred among human beings across many aspects and communication platforms. The others are about love, courage, finding the ...more
Carla Dente
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5 :D ME ENCANTÓ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reseña: http://mimundoestaentuspaginas.blogsp...
Ruben (BooksVlogs) Arauz
Fueron 365 Días contigo querido amigo, un reto más cumplido, GRACIAS por frases maravillosas y momentos vergonzosos, por estar conmigo en días lluviosos y acalorados, por darme aliento y ayudarme con los bloqueos, y si, también te pido perdón por los días en los que no estuve o te olvide, fue un gran año, fueron 365 Días contigo querido amigo.
E. Mellyberry
my tween son adores it, loves it, puts it on his bedside table, and reads it every night. he gets motivated reading this. whe he had a bad day at school, he would go home and curl up in his room reading this book. always this book.

i love this book too. it's crazy- crazy good.
Jenifer Jacobs
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading with Max. Thinking of you Angela!!

Loved this book! Max and I had fantastic discussion about the precepts (and who wrote them!). I love Mr. Browne and wish he was a real teacher (although he reminds of many of my favorite real teachers!!!).
Lauren
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful book full with amazing quotes and precepts to live by. A must read all year long.
Tamara
I'm embarrassed to admit that, unlike my dear friend and teaching partner Debby, I didn't immediately recognize the transformative power of Wonder. I had to read it aloud to kids, and hear their reactions, before I began to get it. But really, it wasn't until my second year of reading it aloud (3rd reading) that I had my own 'aha' moment. With each rereading, Wonder filters deeper down into my soul.
So, I've been waiting excitedly for 365 Days of Wonder. And what a great resource for the classroo
Flor Méndez
Gracias a Penguin Random House por el ejemplar.

Reseña disponible en el blog desde el 4/3

Otro libro de esta autora que va directamente a mis favoritos. Es rápido y muy fluido, lleno de preceptos y frases que todos tendríamos que leer antes de salir a enfrentar al mundo cada mañana. Es prácticamente un canto al optimismo y a las buenas vibras. Es hermoso.

Lo empecé a la madrugada y lo terminé hace un ratito, y sólo porque tenía que dormir entre medio.

Precioso <3
Diogo Fonseca
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sempre que eu fico sabendo que alguém leu Extraordinário eu fico muito feliz, e sempre que posso eu indico o livro.
Hoje eu tive a oportunidade de matar um pouco a saudade do livro lendo 365 dias extraordinário, que por mais que o foco não seja no Auggie me fez lembrar dele. Gostei muito de boa parte dos preceitos e a visão do Sr. Browne sobre os seus alunos e a educação.
Objetivo do livro e trazer um preceito por dia, mas eu achei melhor lê-lo em uma única sentada, até por que no final de cada
William
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
<3 <3 <3 my little brother gave this as a gift to me <3 <3 <3
P-the book nerd
One of the most unique books, I loved every quote and I read the whole thing with a huge smile on my face...
Josiah
Jan 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, a few of my favorite precepts from the book:

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."

—Roald Dahl, January 2

"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can be grateful because thorn bushes have roses."

—Ziggy (Tom Wilson), April 16

"You're never a loser until you quit trying."

—Mike Ditka, July 27

"If your ship doesn't com
Myndi
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely a book I'll find myself going to time after time for the rest of my life. The precepts that are included in this book are wonderful and uplifting and show how positive the human spirit can be.

While not an actual story, there are pieces of information and peeks into the Wonder world at the beginning of most months. We get to see a bit more of some of the characters, including Auggie, when they correspond with Mr. Browne. I like that this was added, though I would probably have
Patty
Mar 18, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, middle-grade
Morning routine: a quote a day

aka it will take me 365 days to finish this book LOL. Also, there’s no pages numbers so I’m guess when it comes to what page/percentage i’m at o.O.
Monika Ghosh
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing encouraging quotes.
Faizah Aulia R
suka. suka. suka. sukaaaaaaa bangeet.
Dari zaman baca Wonder, konsep precept nya Mr. Tushman tuh udah menarik banget hati buat diikutin, kalo jujur mah bahkan di setiap babnya ngarep ada bagian Mr. Tushman ngasih precept (ya ga mungkin sih, kan ceritanya ttg Auggie bukan Mr. Tushman wkwk).

Baca ini jadi tahu dari sudut pandang English Teacher nya Auggie, dan bacain email dari siswa saat summer holiday itu refreshing banget, polooss bgt, dan cerita2nya suka nyentuh hwhwhw.

suka banget konsep Mr. Tus
Tabitha Juarez
365 Days of wonder was a great book. This is the second book in the wonder series.I highly recccomend this book to anyone who likes books about poetry,The book was filled with great pieces of poetry i enjoyed.I hope you decided to read this amazing book.
Play Book Tag: 365 Days of wonder by RJ Palacio ~ 5 stars 1 8 Dec 31, 2017 09:32PM
  • Plastic, Ahoy!: Investigating the Great Pacific Garbage Patch
  • Ivan: The Remarkable True Story of the Shopping Mall Gorilla
  • Elizabeth, Queen of the Seas
  • Ava and Taco Cat (Ava and Pip #2)
  • Aces Wild
  • Manhunt (Silver Jaguar Society Mysteries #3)
  • Peace
  • Chuck Close: Face Book
  • Stand Up for Yourself & Your Friends: Dealing with Bullies and Bossiness, and Finding a Better Way
  • Life on Mars
  • Thomas Jefferson Builds a Library
  • The Third Mushroom
  • Mysterious Patterns: Finding Fractals in Nature
  • The Wildest Race Ever: The Story of the 1904 Olympic Marathon
  • If I Never Forever Endeavor
  • This Plus That: Life's Little Equations
  • The 14 Fibs of Gregory K.
  • On the Road to Mr. Mineo's
R.J. Palacio lives in NYC with her husband, two sons, and two dogs. For more than twenty years, she was an art director and graphic designer, designing book jackets for other people while waiting for the perfect time in her life to start writing her own novel. But one day several years ago, a chance encounter with an extraordinary child in front of an ice cream store made R. J. realize that the pe ...more

Wonder (1 books)
  • Wonder
“We carry within us the wonders we seek around us.” 13 likes
“When it's dark, be the one who turns on the light.

—Joseph, Age 9, Brooklyn, New York, November 29”
7 likes