Start by marking “Toxic Love” as Want to Read:

Toxic Love

Future Las Vegas is as crazy as ever—even after toxic gas bombs have poisoned the air and moved the party inside. Hired as an entertainer, Chloe moves from the heartland with big dreams of fame and fortune...until an accident exposes her to the gas, and it's discovered she's genetically immune to the poison. Now Vegas wants her enrolled in a dating program created to encou ...more
Published July 12th 2014 by SilkWords, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Toxic Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toxic Love

Start your review of Toxic Love
Mskychick
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-owned
Wow. This is pretty wild. It's like the old Choose your Adventure books. You get to pick how you want Chloe to react, you choose that repose, click the link for it, and off the story goes. Fun!! ...more
L.E.Olteano
Originally posted on Jan 27 2015 at Butterfly-o-Meter Books:

In a Flutter: Geeky romance reader’s paradise!!
Review
OK, so let’s just call this for what it is, right? Geeky romance reader’s paradise! Bam! Seriously!! A story which gives you choices at multiple points in the story? Resulting in different stories and outcomes?? With the same characters you get to know and enjoy?? Are you kidding me??? This is FABULOUSNESS incarnate!
This was my first time reading this kind of story, and my first exper
Amie's Book Reviews
TOXIC LOVE
By: Jax Garren

* I received a free copy of this book from www.netgalley.com in exchange for an honest review.*

This is a unique book. It is published by SilkWords. "Silkwords is the go-to source for interactive women's fiction."

This book is like the choose-your-own-adventure stories that I remember reading as a kid. The introduction at the beginning of the book describes it best.

"Blurring the line between fiction and gaming, SilkWords offers quality romance and erotica that allows indi
Kristin
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Toxic Love is an awesome "pick your path" novella.

I have to admit that I HATE novellas. I usually end up not connecting with the characters and finding very little world and character development. That was not the case with Toxic Love. I fell in love with the characters and really enjoyed creating their stories.

I fell in love with the Jax's writing with her Tales of the Underlight series. When I noticed that she wrote a "pick your path" story I knew I had to read it. There have been many times
Kira's NetGalley Book Blog
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Why you should read it : IT'S AN INTERACTIVE ROMANCE NOVELLA!! SAY WHAAAT?! YES!

Chloe Parikh finds herself with a rare genetic mutation that allows her to breathe the toxic air of a post-atoxalyptic USA while the majority of the population are locked indoors or underground. The GenFriends company soon finds out about her rare ability and promises to shower her in riches and prestige just as soon as she picks an immune man to start repopulating the U.S.

"Her laughter was l
Shay VanZwoll
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
TOXIC LOVE is a "Choose Your Own Adventure" type story. At the beginning, we meet Chloe Parikh, an actress on a temporary work visa in Las Vegas. Only a few years old when the Tox75 poison was released, Chloe hasn't been outside in twenty years. When her helmet is cracked while skydiving to her new job in Vegas, Chloe discovers that she is one of a very small percentage immune to Tox75. Contacted by GenFriends, Chloe is given the opportunity to receive a permanent visa that would allow her to st ...more
Paul Franco
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica, sci-fi
A choose-your-own-adventure erotica with an intriguing premise: in a world devastated by war, the lead character—who wants to be an famous actress, of course—is found to be immune to the gas that killed off so many people. This will make her very rich, if she’s okay with becoming a baby factory to make more immune humans. She falls in love with one of the immune guys just at the time he’s tired of having to sleep around.
There’s some great ideas here, especially the main one, but the writing, de
Misty
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Toxic Love
As an independent reviewer for Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock, I rate Toxic Love with 5 fangs.
Chloe goes to Las Vegas hoping to start a new life. In her trip, it is discovered that she has a mutation that allows her to breathe the poisoned air of the toxic world she lives in. When GenFriends finds out about her ability to breathe the poisoned air, they offer her a life of luxury and ease if she will agree to have babies with a man that also has the ability to breathe. She is
Ash Rowe
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it

This was awesome! A pick your own adventure novella set during a toxic time for america. Lots of people died and do die when they are exposed to the air. In Las Vegas a company called Gen Friends is taking those who are immune to the toxic air and setting them up in a life of luxury as long as they agreed to be apart of their breeding program to make a world of those who are immune to the toxic air.

Chloe finds out she’s immune in an unusual way and is new to the program. She meets some interest
Miekenstein
Oct 05, 2015 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the writing style of this author and also the story itself. The main characters are actually pretty well fleshed out considering the length of the story itself.

I found the 'direct your own storyline' idea fun, however, the story itself felt very rushed and incomplete. When I got to the end of the story I was a bit surprised at how suddenly the story stopped.

The development of the dystopian world in the book was much more thought out than the story of the characters in the book which
Natalie
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

Toxic Love is about Chole who because of a mutation can breath the toxic air ofpost-atoxalyptic USA. GenFriends is willing to employ her and promise her a life of ease- as long as she is willing to find and man and make babies. Will Chole stay with GenFriends and be "breeding stock" Or will she run and reunite with an ex lover? You decide!

Toxic Love has something for every reader in every genre. Sci-Fi, Romance, Er
Rosemary
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
A copy was provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was a lot of fun. I used to love choose your own adventure stories as a child so was instantly curious about this story when I saw it. This is just like those children's books, but for adults with a really cool sci-fi/dystopian spin. I really enjoyed Chloe and as I said it was a lot of fun being in control of her storyline because of the choices I made. I went back and changed my choices so I could read thro
Elizabeth W
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided by Netgalley for a review***

Eeeek! I liked this style of story, and what a surprise it was too!

This was a cool Novella to read. I rarely read novellas as I cannot connect with the characters as quickly as the books usually you require you to. This book however was a great concept that i've not seen in so long....''choose your own path''. The links you had to click to read the novella were fun and quirky!
I have read and re-read this little novella 3 times now, and loved each aspec
April
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really liked this book. It puts the book within your own perspective and opens up so much for the reader. I truly loved these types of books and now that they come in adult formats I love them even more. This book is about a young woman that is fighting to keep what little hope she has but also finds that her ability to be immune to the now toxic air outside is now opening up so many doors for her and where it leads is totally up to the reader!!
Arianna
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received this ebook from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
This was a new experience. I never read a game book back in the day, so this was the first time for me with a branched book.
The first reaction: PANIC! Oh my God, what do I choose??? I'm not used to decide what the heroine must do!!!
The final reaction: total satisfaction. I loved it!!! It was so funny. I reread it al last 5 times.
Vote: 4 stars
Caroline
May 09, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a very quick and interesting book. You get to decide how the story develops and what happens in the end by deciding on certain outcomes. Great fun but a little too short. I would have loved more of the story.
Charlotte Villette
Aug 20, 2014
ancaraisa
Aug 28, 2014
Jax Garren
Jan 30, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Brin
added it
Apr 10, 2015
Janice
Jul 13, 2015
Jax Garren is the author of hot, urban paranormal romance like the Austin Immortals and the Tales of the Underlight. Though descended from Valkyries and Vikings (she’s part Swedish), Jax was raised a small town girl in the Texas Hill Country. She graduated from The University of Texas with a degree in English and a minor in Latin then found her own Happily Ever After with a handsome engineer who i ...more

News & Interviews