Start by marking “The Hazards of Mistletoe (Hazards, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
The Hazards of Mistletoe (Hazards, #3.5)

The Hazards of Mistletoe

(Hazards #3.5)

One snowy Christmas Eve, one mistletoe kiss, one friendship changed forever.

Don’t underestimate the power of mistletoe. It looks innocent enough, but a single branch has the potential to change your life. One mistletoe kiss led to the most embarrassing night of my life, but thankfully by the next Christmas I ended up exactly where I was supposed to be.
Published November 20th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Hazards of Mistletoe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hazards of Mistletoe

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
RATING 4.5 STARS

photo headerlogo4jpg_zps53d2ee98.jpg

The Hazards of Mistletoe is book #4 in the Hazards series by Alyssa Rose Ivy. This is both the first book I have read out of this series and the first book by Ms. Ivy. I have a couple of hers on my ‘to be read list’ here on Goodreads but just haven’t gotten to them. After reading this book, I know now that I NEED to get to them! I love her writing style. This book was fun and sweet and a perfect holiday addition.

photo Openings-articleLarge_zps595f47ae.jpg

Savannah or Savy to her friends is eighteen years old and a se
Maya
ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

description

I love stories like this one. They make you feel so much better after having a long and hard workday. This story makes you simply enjoy your time and after you've finished reading it, you get this feeling like there's no worry and definitely no stress in the real world.

The Hazards of Mistletoe is a very low angst book. It's also quite short but so incredibly sweet, you just can't help but fall in love with it. Also, the cute reuniti
Jen
Dec 17, 2015 added it
3.5 Mistletoe Stars

Yeah, I liked this sweet little ditty but didn't quite love it.

Review to come.
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
This was a sweet romance to get me in the holiday mood. Savy and Glen see each other only once at year at Christmas. Their families are friends so they have been friends forever. One year some mistletoe brings the opportunity to change things. But it doesn't go so well. When Savy returns the next Christmas Glen demands they finally clear the air.

I love best friend romances. Was so glad this story had that element. It is always a difficult and scary transition. There was some miss communication b
Liza
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC for an honest review

Such a beautiful Christmas love story that warmed my heart.

I love this book! You would not have imagined how many times my heart did flip flops with Glen and Savy's romance.

I am just sad that this was short but I think it's satisfying and I am contented with how everything turned out.

Glen and Savy's chemistry is electrifying. I love yhese characters so much and this is my favorite Hazards book from Alyssa! Two thumbs up. Perfect holiday read that got me smi
Bethany
Nov 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, holiday
3.5 Stars

I love Christmas books they get me in the Christmas spirit. I enjoyed The Hazards of Mistletoe by Alyssa Rose Ivy. It is a quick read with some humor, steam and second chance romance that I always love.

Savy and Glen have been best friends for years, only seeing each other during Christmas break, but keeping in contact all year long. This Christmas everything between them will change. One kiss between friends will end up being the best and worst thing to happen to Savy and Glen’s friends
Carrie
Dec 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Savannah, or Savy as she's known by friends and family, has spent a week at Christmas with her father in Vail for years. During the time there she has been friends with Glen since they were kids. They spend time together every year doing all the holiday things together as Savy has always loved everything Christmas. Unfortunately, Glen does something a bit stupid during their time together out of good intentions but it truly hurts Savy's feelings.

The Hazards of Mistletoe is the fourth book in th
Ashley
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book actually made me really sad.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Alyssa Rose Ivy and her Hazards series in definitely in my favorites file. But this one was not good :-/ The story felt super rushed, the writing was extremely choppy, and a lot of the dialogue didn't make any sense. I still couldn't figure out if so and so slept with so and so. I finally gave up, and it's really too bad because I love this series. DNF.

*Received an ARC for honest review.*
Lisa (lifeinlit)
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, christmas
3.5 stars!

"I hoped eventually the years of good memories would replace the one night of bad ones."

This is the fourth book in the Hazards Series, but can be read as a standalone... which is exactly what I did, since I haven't read any other books in this series yet. I have read other books by Alyssa Rose Ivy though, and I'm such a fan of her writing.

Glen and Savy have known each other for ten years, but they only see each other once per year... the week of Christmas. After one bad night they sp
Amy
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am a big fan of Alyssa Rose Ivy. I've loved her books ever since I read her NA Paranormal Romance series, The Crescent Chronicles. Her other series' have been on my TBR for a long time, but I just haven't had the chance to read them yet. So, when I saw The Hazards of Mistletoe, I decided it was time to change that!

The Hazards of Mistletoe follows the story of Glen and Savannah. They have been best friends for years. Every Christmas their families would celebrate the holidays together by going
Emma
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-wishlist-na
Although we haven’t encountered the main characters in the previous books in the series, the thread of the series evolves surrounding the sorority house the girl characters belong to. the connection is strengthened with the inclusion of Jade, who if you remember played a large role in The Hazards of Sex on the Beach.

Although the story plays out in dual narrative, Glen has so many secrets it is difficult to fully understand his actions until he decides to reveal the truth.

Savannah is THAT girl wh
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review-Jo Rushton

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

I enjoyed reading the previous books in the "Hazards" series so when I saw that there was a going to be a Christmas story, I was eager to get stuck in. This was my first Christmas story of the year, so I made myself a hot chocolate and got myself comfortable, ready to be swept up in the festive feeling.

"The Hazards of Mistletoe" follows the story of Savannah and Glen. The pair were
Eileen (BookCatPin)
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
A short and sweet holiday romance! The story was light, the characters fair and the setting was perfect. This book definitely puts you in the holiday spirit!

Savannah aka Savy and Glen are really good friends who see each other every Christmas because their families are good friends. One night they kiss under a mistletoe and it stirs up their hidden feelings for each other. Things start to get hot and heavy but Glen makes a mistake. Well, he thinks he's doing the right thing but not really. As a
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a super sweet novella by Alyssa Rose Ivy. If you are a fan of The Hazards Series, then you will love this book! I must admit,
I wish this was a entire book instead of a novella. I needed more!

Glen and Savannah have known each other for years. They have been spending the holidays together for as long as they can remember. Their family's live near each other while on vacation. Both are super cute kids who have a thing for each other. Neither of them seems to know what to do to make the fi
Carra
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm already a fan of Alyssa Rose Ivy's Hazards series, so a holiday Hazards story sounded perfect for this time of the year. And I'm always a fan of the friends-to-more trope, though this one does throw a twist in there just to change things up.

I liked both Glen and Savannah's characters, and at first I thought, "well this sounds like it's going to happen pretty smoothly"...until it didn't when that little twist got thrown in (which I just can't say more about or I'll spoil it for you). And it w
Heather andrews
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this short novella I loved Glen, "you've gotten even prettier." he watched me as he sipped his eggnog. "You're probably one of those girls that's going to be even hotter in your twenties and thirties. You'll age well." There's just no other words to describe how i felt about Glen except that I loved him (yes I know I repeated it), "if you'd let me, I'd show you just how much I love it." I waited nervously. It was a risky move, but I wasn't sure how much longer I could hold myself toget ...more
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed

Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

The Hazards of Mistletoe is the fourth book in the Hazards series by Alyssa Rose Ivy. Savy and Glen are pretty adorable. Their friendship is an unusual one in that they only see each other once or twice each year, but they've become best friends by keeping in touch all through the year while apart. This was a cute little novella that put me in the holiday spirit.

The Hazards of Mistletoe by Alyssa Rose Ivy was kindly provided to me by the author for review. The
Shannon

I love to read Christmas stories this time of year, and this was a perfect little holiday novella! Really cute story about 2 long time friends who only see each other over Christmas break, but over the years have developed strong feelings for each other. Sweet, a little bit sexy, and oh so romantic, The Hazards of Mistletoe was just what I needed to put me in the holiday spirit!
Tamika
Feb 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
Much too boring for my liking, it should've been a novella, its unnecessarily long, when the story could've been told in 5 chapters it was in 15 chapters filled with unnecessary detail and non engaging banter.
Alyssa Ivy
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: new-adult, college
The Hazards of Mistletoe is available now! :)
Deniz
Feb 07, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

cute and fluffy holiday romance :)
Victoria
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is a great book to read
Bec
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a beautifully sweet story. Christmas happy endings are the best. Recommend to all
FicCentral
FicCentral.com

Savannah and Glen have been holiday friends forever, always meeting up when her family stays in Vail for the Christmas holiday and then keeping up by phone, text, and email the rest of the year. And while Savannah can't deny how attractive Glen is, how she wouldn't mind knowing him quite a bit better than just a friend, she knows better than to cross that line with him. After all, they live on different sides of the country, and risking their friendship like that just isn't worth it, not if it
Casey
Nov 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

I am a fan of Alyssa Rose Ivy's and I really like her Hazards series. The stories and characters are great, and I know that I am going to enjoy them a lot. However this one was not the same at all. It felt kind of forced to me, and I just wasn't feeling it. As much as I was hoping to love this friends to lovers Christmas novella, I found that I was a bit disappointed with this one.

Savy and Glen are best friends, and have been since they were k
Tanya
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
T & G Book Boutique

Are you looking for a book to get you into the holiday mood? Well this book will do just that! It had everything Christmassy that I like plus an extra bonus, romance.

So as always I expect the best from Alyssa Rose Ivy because she is one of my favorites. This book was really great I just have one problem, it was too short! This was a very quick read but I loved getting a glimpse of Glen and Savy. After reading the other books in the Hazards
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
It's Christmastime!! I love this time of the year - and what better way to celebrate than with this sweet, quick holiday read?

Savannah and Glen have been just friends for years, and one cold, wintery night, a kiss under the mistletoe lead to the most embarrassing moment of Savannah's life. One year on, one friendship broken, and Savy is back in Vail, with Glen determined to make up for the last, lost year.

The Hazards of Mistletoe was a fast and fun book, easy to read and easy to enjoy. And whi
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
ARC kindly offered by Netgalley in exchange for honest review

I usually avoid rating books with less than three stars, if only for the effort the author put in it.
But frankly, this book didn't read like the author put any effort in it.

The story starts in medias res and tumbles down like some kind of snowball. I'm all for fast-paced stories, but this one had no end or beginning. Just one confused mess.

I didn't relate to the characters and couldn't even feel them. You know when you enter the cinema
The Hazards of Mistletoe is an adorable perfect Christmas story from the Hazards series. I had such a fun time reading it.

I loved the setting of the story.Something about snowboarding in Colorado makes me think Christmas. I’ve never been there but it just seems like the perfect place. Plus I like that it takes place over multiple Christmas breaks, so you skip all the drama during the year in between. Ha ha. I could picture the whole thing, hot chocolate, sleigh rides and snowboarding. I think it
Unabridged Bookshelf
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Hazards of Mistletoe is the perfect read for contemporary romance fans that are looking for something to get them in the holiday spirit. I have to say I loved Savannah and Glen story, just as much if not more than the other Hazards stories. I think I liked this one more, simply because it is set around Christmas and it really put me in the mood for the upcoming holiday season. The best part is that as a novella it can easily fit into anyone reading schedule.

Alyssa Rose Ivy is a favorite of
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Page count 2 12 Nov 19, 2017 10:07AM

• The Prisoner (The Replacement, #1.5)
  • Santa, Baby
  • Oxford Shadows (The Oxford Saga, #2)
  • Snapped (Snapped #1)
  • Asha's Kisses (Blood and Snow, #26) (Ever After, #1)
  • Lennon's Rain (Lennon's Girls #2)
  • Jarrod Bancroft: The Novel
  • Frosted Midnight (The 12 NA's of Christmas)
  • A Soldier's Christmas: I'll Be Home for Christmas\Presents Under the Tree\If Only in My Dreams
  • Sex, Lies and Mistletoe (Undercover Operatives, #1)
  • A Baumgartner Christmas (Baumgartners, #0.5)
  • The Christmas Wish (Heart of Montana, #2)
  • Homecoming (Cloaked Devices #0.5)
  • His Christmas Wish (Holland Springs, #3.5)
  • Moment of Truth (Moments In Time #2)
  • Totally Worth Christmas (The Worth, #4.5)
  • A Casual Thing (Will & Patrick, #1)
  • Romancing the Holiday (Kent Brothers, #3; Holloway, #3)
Alyssa Rose Ivy is the bestselling author of more than forty novels with over one million books sold worldwide. She loves to weave stories with romance and humor, and she is best known for writing about college boys with wings. After surviving law school and earning her masters in library science, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write. Although raised in the New York area, she ...more

Hazards (4 books)
  • The Hazards of Skinny Dipping (Hazards, #1)
  • The Hazards of a One Night Stand (Hazards, #2)
  • The Hazards of Sex on the Beach (Hazards, #3)
  • The Hazards of Sleeping with a Friend (Hazards, #4)