Jump to ratings and reviews

Owned

Prepare to be Owned...

Lose yourself in this collection of never before seen novellas from eleven best selling authors from around the globe.

And the best part - they contain controlling alphas, feisty females and story lines that will have you holding your breath.

Don't miss out on this great anthology by:

Lilliana Anderson – Deep Cover: Case 001
Callie Hart – Rebel **
Lesley Jones – Reed **
Nina Levine – All Your Reasons
Lyra Parish – Single, Volume 1
Pepper Winters – Forbidden Flaws **

PLEASE NOTE: There are several novellas that are complete and a few that are previews of full novels that will be released at a later time. The stories with an asterisk (**) beside them are previews of full novels. All others are complete.

There are also some that are series starters.

The Owned: An Alpha Anthology will only be available for a limited time and is intended for a mature audience.

780 pages, Kindle Edition

First published November 10, 2014

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Nina Levine

84 books6,135 followers
ESCAPE WITH AN ALPHA

USA Today Bestselling Author Nina Levine is an Aussie author who writes alphas with a side of dirty and sassy women who don't hand their hearts over easily.

When she isn't creating with words, she loves to create with paint and paper. Often though, she can be found curled up with a good book and some chocolate.

Amazon
Website
News
Facebook
Reader Group
TikTok

NINA'S LATEST RELEASES

Owen North (Escape With A Billionaire #5) by Nina Levine Jameson Fox (Escape With An Alpha, #4) by Nina Levine Beckett Pearce (Escape With An Alpha #3) by Nina Levine Jack Kingsley (Escape With an Alpha #2) by Nina Levine Ashton Scott (Escape With an Alpha #1) by Nina Levine Wilder (Storm MC, #9) by Nina Levine Gunnar (Storm MC, #8) by Nina Levine Colt (Storm MC, #10) by Nina Levine

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
22 (2%)
1 star
17 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 120 reviews
Profile Image for Lyra Parish.
Author 14 books736 followers
Read
October 7, 2014
Here are the titles included in the anthology:
LILLIANA ANDERSON – DEEP COVER: CASE 001
LYRA PARISH - SINGLE: VOLUME 1
LILA ROSE – FINDING OUT
LILI SAINT GERMAIN – VENICE INK
PEPPER WINTERS – FORBIDDEN FLAWS

PRE-ORDER LINKS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!

Amazon US: http://bit.ly/ownedUS
Amazon UK: http://bit.ly/ownedUK
iBooks: http://bit.ly/owneditunes
B&N: http://bit.ly/ownedbandn
KOBO: http://bit.ly/ownedkobo

Profile Image for Snow.
2,188 reviews631 followers
December 17, 2015
*note to myself, I read only Pepper Winters story in there, so the 5 star (hell, make it 7 star) rating is for her story only!!!
Profile Image for Simply Love Book Reviews.
6,893 reviews818 followers
November 19, 2014
Leigh‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 STARS

I originally thought that this anthology would contain distinct novella’s, each story a short tale in its own right. But better than that, I was seduced by some authors that are very familiar, and introduced to some that I hadn’t read before, but have now found a way on to my must-read list.
All Your Reasons
By Nina Levine
Coming off a failed marriage with a musician who valued his career more than her, Presley vows not to become involved in a relationship like that again. Until she meets Jett. Lead singer of the band Crave, Jett finds himself attracted to this woman who has absolutely no idea who he is, but just wants sex while he finds himself in the new position of wanting more.
Once I got past the character names, which I found slightly irritating and reading like a record label (Presley, Jett, Lennon, Van, the cat Urban), I found that I really liked these two characters! I’m a sucker for the rock stars, and when you make one as sweet as Jett, I’m hooked. Throw in a strong woman with a career that can curse up a blue streak, and you have me turning the pages and wanting more.
All Your Reasons was a great start to a rock star series that I will definitely be reading. Reminiscent of Olivia Cunning’s Sinners and Sole Regret books, these band members all seem fun, wild, with a caring side that I can’t wait to find out more about.
Debonair
By Jani Kay
In New York for a six month internship on Wall Street, Brooklyn Bennett spies a man that she can’t take her eyes off of. Imagine her shock when he turns out to be her mentor for her internship.
Tyler Sinclair sees the golden girl of his dreams walking around Manhattan. However, it turns into a nightmare for him when she winds up being his intern.
Despite my enjoyment of this story, I did have a few issues with this introduction to the series. First, how many people really “make it” on Wall Street by the age of 29? And second, can you say sexual harassment???? I needed to suspend reality while reading this book because there is no way someone is going to say the things Tyler did on an intern’s first day. It was absolutely hot.…but totally screamed for HR to intervene. I truly enjoyed this start to Ms. Kay’s new Love on Wall Street series and plan to read her next book when it releases in early 2015 because Brooklyn is an enjoyable, ballsy heroine that speaks her mind and Tyler is a cocky, dirty talker and that just rings my bell. I just have to get that hostile work place environment vibe out of my head first!
Rebel
By Callie Hart
Is there something this author writes that’s not amazing?? Having been introduced to Rebel in the Blood and Roses series, I could not wait to get his story! Callie Hart’s teaser has only whet my appetite for more.
After witnessing a murder on the streets of Seattle, Alexis is immediately captured by the members of the cartel responsible for the death. Stolen away and sold into slavery, Alexis is unaware that a rival motorcycle club is poised to be her salvation.
I don’t believe that reading the Blood and Roses series is a pre-requisite to understand what is happening in Rebel, but it does shed light on events that happened in Ms. Hart’s earlier books. And why wouldn’t you read the Blood and Roses series?? It was fantastic! Callie Hart continues with her can’t-put-it-down writing style with Rebel and gives us just a taste of what is to come with her new hero.
Forbidden Flaws
By Pepper Winters
I feel like I keep repeating myself, but what an amazing one night and incredible start to a book that I can’t wait to read.
Saving a woman in the middle of the night, Cas is like a white-hotel-robed knight riding in to the rescue. Saffron is in an uncomfortably awkward and potentially harmful situation when Cas comes to her aid. They are two strangers to one another, but the chemistry escalates quickly and is off the charts.
In Forbidden Flaws, Ms. Winters proves that she is an incredible tease to leave a reader the way she did; tempting them with Cas and all of his fighter sexiness, and then running away and making us wait for the rest of the book. This story is not yet as dark as some of her others, but there appears to be a lot under the surface that is not yet revealed. Cas is a sexy beast of a dirty talker and why Saffron feels the need to run from him is beyond me. Bring on the darkness and more of Cas!
Single
By Lyra Parish
I can’t even sum up this story about a woman in search of sex with no strings attached without giving away spoilers. It did take me a while for the story to make sense as it seemed to ramble away in the beginning very far from the plot. I think this was just to set up Roxanne, the heroine, and allow the reader to get an understanding of her, but each time she had sex with another person, I had to think “Is this the main hero?” However, once the author got on track I found myself sucked in to the story and the heat between the main characters. Leaving off with a promising storyline, I am excited to see where Ms. Parish takes it from here.
Resisting
By Chelle Bliss
How have I not read anything by Chelle Bliss before?
Focusing on younger sister, Izzy, from the Men of Inked series, Resisting is the beginning of the story between the Gallo brothers’ foul-mouthed sister and James Caldo, a fellow agent and friend of Izzy’s brother. I’ve seen these books, but never having been formally introduced to the men of Inked before this, I was nervous about how much I would be missing by being an Inked virgin. My worries were unfounded though, because Ms. Bliss gave enough background of the characters so that I completely understood what was happening, even though I basically jumped in to the series midway.
Izzy is a strong heroine with a mouth on her that simply cracked me up. She is brash, blunt and can hold her own against James, with all of his deliciousness. Not only is Resist Me going on my To Be Read shelf, but all of the Men of Inked series will be joining it. For me, this is the perfect reason for an anthology. It gave me an introduction to an author that I’ve seen before and wanted to read, and now has me absolutely craving her stories and more of this loud, rowdy and sexy family.
Deep Cover
By Lilliana Anderson
This teaser reminded me of Lexi Blake’s Masters and Mercenaries series, with all of its cloak and dagger spy adventure. With the heroine caught in a love triangle, I find myself loving all the characters involved. Without giving away anything in this fantastic start to the Deep Cover series, Ms. Anderson has created a world with a strong female agent, sexy and caring alpha males and enough secret agent excitement to keep me enraptured with this book. It is smart, exciting and I can’t wait to sink into this world where everything and everyone isn’t as they seem.
Reed
By Leslie Jones
Holy hotness! This story was so dirty and steamy, I was afraid it was going to melt my kindle.
Conner Reed, member of the band Shift, is tormented. By the memories of his past, his brother’s death, the loss of his childhood love. Living in a world where his salvation is his need to control the people around him, he surrounds himself with groupies and physical encounters that mean nothing.
To me, Conner is fascinating. He is controlling and demanding, yet he seems to despise the people that do his bidding. There is a sensitive and damaged soul beneath the surface, that is using the control to hide the pain he has experienced, and has reached the point where everything is crumbling around him.
Without giving away anything that happens in this start to Ms. Jones’ novel Conviction, was dark, moody, and oh so dirty. Her writing style is so engrossing in depicting her characters so vividly I could actually feel them, and left me craving more time with this band. What an amazing way to hook a reader into the rest of the story to see where Conner goes from here.
Finding Out
By Lila Rose
I had to put aside all of my prior notions of MC books and just accept that I’d wandered into the bizarre world of the Hawks Motorcycle club, where those crazy “brothers” dared each other to go on dating websites, made women their “old ladies” after one date, and rallied together at coffee shops over tea and cupcakes. Once I accepted that these badass bikers liked to give each other nicknames and apparently only allowed good looking members into the club based on the amount of handsome guys there were, I was able to sit back and enjoy this light hearted story about Ivy and Fox.
Fox was sexy in his grumbly biker stud kind of way. Not much on words, he was complimented perfectly by Ivy, who seemed to have verbal diarrhea every time she opened her mouth.
This story was sweet, showing how opposites attract, and had me giggling at the lightheartedness of the characters. As the final story in the anthology, it was the perfect way to bring me up from the darkness of some of the prior stories, and a cute and light end to a wonderful book.
Profile Image for Derna.
589 reviews247 followers
****4.5 Stars*****

OWNED is an Alpha Anthology of never before seen novellas from by Lilliana Anderson, Chelle Bliss, Callie Hart, Lesley Jones, Jani Kay, Nina Levine, Lyra Parish, Lila Rose, Pepper Winters. The Anthology has a mixed range of novellas some are complete, some are series starters, and some are preview for full novellas that are going to released at a later date.

This review is for Debonaire by Jani Kay

Debonaire by Jani Kay is the first part in the Wall street series. From what I have just read I have a feeling this is going to be a hot sexy read, and I’m going to love Tyler Sinclair who attractive, charming and confident and wow a true alpha.

Tyler grew up in poverty and has had to work hard to become a top a Wall Street stockbroker. He doesn’t do relationship has no time for love. When his colleague has to go away on business for three weeks, Tyler is stuck with his intern. Something that he is not happy about until he meets her, and maybe three weeks won’t be so bad after all.

“I’ve never reacted to a woman like I’m reacting to her.”

Australian Brooklyn Bennett has also had to work hard for what she wants raised be a single mothers she has learned never taken anything for granted. Landing an internship with a prestigious firm in New York for six months is a dream come true, and she eager to learn all she can. When Brooklyn meets Tyler, she soon learns that he is someone who could teach her a lot more than just business.

“I hadn’t been with a man in so long, and although I thought I didn’t care, Tyler Sinclair was awakening a side of me I preferred dormant.”

Debonaire was a quick easy read, and I can’t wait to read the next installment of it.

*********************************************************************************************

You can find my reviews for

SINGLE VOLUME ONE by Lyra Parish here https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

ALL YOUR REASONS by Nina Levine here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Profile Image for Rebecca .
135 reviews2 followers
November 10, 2014
WELL FOR FUCK’S SAKE …………………………….

AND YES, I KNOW I’M SWEARING AGAIN.

BUT WELL………………………………………………….

NINE ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY FABULOUS AUTHORS ALL IN ONE COLLECTION, AN ALPHA ANTHOLOGY WITH NEW STORIES, NEW CHARACTERS AND ALL HOT AS FUCK, YEAH NOTE TO SELF – READING AFTER SURGERY WHEN DOC WANTS EXPLANATION FOR YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE SPIKES AND YOU ARE UNABLE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PARTNER OR BATTERY OPERATED FRIEND SUCKS !

HOWEVER, THIS HAS TO BE THE BEST ANTHOLOGY I’VE EVER READ. WITH MOST COLLECTIONS IT’S A BIT OF POT LUCK - LIKE WHEN YOU BUY A CD - HOW MANY WILL YOU LIKE, HOW MANY ARE JUST OK AND HOW MANY ARE FORGETTABLE. RARELY DO YOU FIND YOURSELF INTRODUCED TO SO MANY AUTHORS OF SUCH CALIBRE IN ONE SINGLE COLLECTION.

NINA LEVINE – ALL YOUR REASONS

When heartbreaker meets ball breaker, sparks will fly.
Rockstar, Jett Vaughn, isn’t against settling down, but no woman has ever held his attention long enough for a relationship to develop. That is until he meets Presley Hart. She’s confident, opinionated and headstrong. She drives him to the edge of crazy, but he can’t deny how she makes him feel.
He wants her heart, but she only wants his body.
Presley’s not against giving her heart to a man, but she has too many reasons why he’s not the one to give it to. Jett isn’t a man who will take no for an answer though. He’s about to declare war on her reasons and take what he wants.

I ENJOYED THIS ONE FROM NINA LEVINE AND IT’S DEFINITELY WHETTED MY APPETITE ENOUGH THAT I’LL FOLLOW UP WITH ‘ALL YOUR REASONS’ #2. MS LEVINE MANAGED TO BREATHE LIVE INTO WHAT CAN BE A VERY TIRED STORY SCENARIO AND I PARTICULARLY LIKED PRESLEY. I DO LOVE A FEMALE LEAD NOT AFRAID TO LIVE LIFE ON HER TERMS. I WILL BE CHECKING OUT HER MC BOOKS ON THE STRENGTH OF THIS ONE.

JANI KAY – DEBONAIR: PART 1

deb•o•nair
adjective \ˌde-bə-ˈner\
of a man : dressing and acting in a stylish and sophisticated way : urbane, attractive, charming and confident
Debonair and sexy-as-sin Tyler Sinclair has fought his way from poverty to the top as a Wall Street stockbroker. Hungry for success, ambitious for power and glory, he doesn’t have time for messy emotions like love. When his colleague is called away on business, Tyler is stuck with an intern he never wanted and doesn’t have time for. Three weeks of torture await him.
Raised by a single mother, Brooklyn Bennett is an Australian girl who works and studies hard to achieve her dreams. She scores an internship with a prestigious firm in New York for six months. Focused on her career, she can't afford to lose sight of her goals. Love is not on her agenda.
From the moment Tyler lays eyes on the girl with the golden hair, strange accent and sassy attitude, something about her intrigues him. Can he teach her all she needs to learn without losing his heart? Can he make her yield to him not only in the boardroom but also in the bedroom? Will a few nights of passion change the way they both feel about love . . . or is it just about sex, money and desire?

IT’S A CLEVER LITTLE NOVELLA THIS OFFERING FROM JANI KAY, VERY WELL WRITTEN AND LEAVES YOU WANTING THE NEXT INSTALMENT IMMEDIATELY. FOR ME PERSONALLY I RARELY READ THIS TYPE OF STORYLINE, IT`S JUST NOT FOR ME BUT JANI KAY DOES A GOOD JOB WITH THIS AND IF IT’S YOUR TYPE OF GENRE THEN IT’S A FINE EXAMPLE.

CALLIE HART – REBEL

Alexis Romera isn’t ready to die.
Thing is…
She may not have a choice.
***
The president of the Widow Makers MC is determined.
The Los Oscuros cartel is going down.
The one thing Rebel must do to make that happen?
Keep the girl alive.

I LOVED THIS SAMPLE FROM REBEL AND I JUST KNOW I’M GOING TO DEVOUR THE FULL BOOK. A SCENE WELL SET AND I THINK IT WILL BE AN EMOTIONAL RIDE. AN AUTHOR I SHALL BE INVESTIGATING MORE!

PEPPER WINTERS – FORBIDDEN FLAWS

She’s forbidden.
Saffron Carlton is the darling of the big screen, starlet on the red carpet, and wife of mega producer Felix Carlton. Her life seems perfect with her overflowing bank balance, adoring fans, and luxury homes around the world. Everyone thinks they know her. But no one truly does.
The silver limelight is tainted the day the couple announce their divorce.
He’s flawed.
Raised in squalor, fed on violence and poverty, Cas Smith knows the underbelly of the world. He’s not looking for fame or fortune. He’s looking for a job to get him the hell away from the danger of illegal fighting, and comes face to face with the woman who ran all those years ago.
Unable to turn down her job offer, he agrees to be her bodyguard and personal trainer, all while she hides her secrets.
He had no intention of letting her back into his heart.
But neither of them were prepared for what happens when forbidden and flawed collide — fracturing the world they know, changing the rules forever.

ONE OF MY TWO FAVOURITES AND I JUST KNOW PEPPER WINTERS IS GOING TO DELIVER A MIND FUCK OF A BOOK, BEAUTIFULLY BROKEN CHARACTERS THAT ARE GOING TO TWIST ME UP AND SPIT ME OUT TO STARE UP AT THE STARS THINKING WTF ?

LYRA PARISH – SINGLE: VOLUME 1

After failing miserably at love, Roxane VanBuren swears off men but not before her determined best friend shows her all the advantages of being single. After a wild weekend full of sex, old-flames, and secrets, Roxane is desperate to forget it ever happened.
But she learns it isn't that easy.
Since becoming the President of VanBuren Investments, she knows how important it is for her professional and personal life to remain separate from one another. If the two were to mix, the rumors could possibly ruin her reputation, which is bad for her and bad for business. To avoid that, Roxane allows rules to define and guide her every move. Unfortunately for her, Parker Williams is determined to break them all, one at a time.

I WAS SURPRISED HOW FAST I BECAME INVOLVED IN THIS STORY, I LOVED IT, FUNNY, HOT, AND TWO MAIN LEADS THAT I AM DYING TO SEE IN NEW YORK, I LIKED HOW THE RED HERRINGS WERE THROWN IN AND SO THE STORY WAS UNPREDICTABLE.

CHELLE BLISS – RESISTING

I belong to no one.
It’s the way I’ve chosen to live. Master of my own destiny, finding my way through this bullshit thing called life.
I learned from a young age how to get my way. Being a woman isn’t a weakness. It’s the opposite. I’ve spent my life being surrounded by four overbearing brothers, but I’ve never been a wallflower. Independent and unwilling to be tied down, I grabbed life by the balls and lived it to the fullest.
I was enjoying myself, minding my own business at my brothers wedding. Then WHAM.
Ever have a man walk into your life and alter your entire universe? My answer would’ve been no before he tempted me into his bed.
I’m talking about the big damn bang.
Everything that I thought was right, suddenly spins on its axis and bitch slaps me in the face.

THIS ONE WAS HOT HOT HOT!! AND I’VE ALREADY MARKED MY CALENDER WITH THE RELEASE DATE FOR RESIST ME! IZZY IS JUST FABULOUS BUT I BELIEVE JAMES MAY BE HER MATCH! I WILL BE CATCHING UP WITH THE MEN OF INKED SERIES ASAP.

LILLIANA ANDERSON – DEEP COVER: CASE 001

Some things won’t stay buried…
Drake Jefferson has been missing for years.
Wanted by the very people who hired him, he left behind his job, his life, and his love to pursue a career of the criminal variety
Caitlin Saunders, Drake’s ex-wife and one of the AFP’s best analysts, is doing her best to move on after losing the love of her life. Originally a part of the team that managed Drake’s operation, she gave up her field role the day she realized he’d turned. And she hasn’t trusted a soul since.
One phone call in the middle of the night will force her back to active duty - a suspect in an ongoing case has been captured and they insist they have information on Drake – they just aren���t willing to talk to anyone but her.
That information will change everything she believed to be true and send her down a path that could land her in the exact position Drake ended up in.
It will take every skill set she has, just to keep her head above water as she learns that right and wrong don’t always follow the rules, and that when you’re fighting for love – there are no rules.

I ACTUALLY WANTED TO SHOUT AT CAITLIN AND TELL HER TO DUMP THE PAIR OF THEM! AND I CAN’T SAY MUCH WITHOUT GIVING AWAY SPOILERS SO YOU’LL NEED TO READ FOR YOURSELVES!

LESLEY JONES – REED

She was mine.
Our love, unquestioned.
Our futures planned.
But she didn't show.
All that we had, all that we meant, and after all that was said, she just didn't show.
That one act from her, changed everything, but it especially changed me and from that moment on, there was no going back.
No words of love, no whispered promises, just sex and drugs and rock and roll. No one gets a piece of Reed but what they will get is the night of their life, the chance to let go, break their own rules and the best, the dirtiest, filthiest sex ever... Along with the other four people in my bed.

OH MY LORDY! I KEEP SAYING IT BUT IT’S WORTH REPEATING, LESLEY JONES I LOVE THE FUCK OUT OF YOU! I DO LOVE A TORTURED BAD BOY AND WHEN IT’S MRS JONES DOING THE WRITING THEN I KNOW I’LL LIKE IT - WHAT I DIDN`T EXPECT WAS JUST HOW MUCH BETTER SHE GETS WITH EVERY BOOK SHE WRITES. I’VE HAD MY HEART TORN OUT AND SHREDDED THIS YEAR WITH CARNAGE AND I KNOW FEBRUARY 2015 REED AND AMOEBA IN CONVICTION ARE GOING TO SHRED ME AGAIN, IN THE VERY BEST WAY. FOR ME LESLEY JONES IS MY MOST FANTABULOUS DISCOVERY THIS YEAR.

LILA ROSE – FINDING OUT

In a moment of weakness, Ivy Morrison tells a lie, a lie which will leave her scrambling for a solution and quick. The perfect solution comes well-packaged in the form of broody and sinfully sexy Fox Kilpatrick, courtesy of Find Your Soul Mate online dating service. Desperate times is most definitely a call for desperate measures. With no other choice, Ivy convinces passionate yet possessive Fox to help her in her time of need.
Fox ‘Killer’ Kilpatrick is still caught up in his past, a past of anger and death, which his biker brothers desperately want him to recover from. Losing a bet, Killer finds himself on a blind date with Ivy, the woman who is set to turn his world upside down.
Following your heart is never easy, neither is following an unknown path, but finding out may just be worth the journey to possibility. Only together, will Ivy and Killer discover if it was worth the risk after all.

OH FOX I DID ENJOY YOU SO, FAR TOO FAST AND FURIOUS AND I WANT MORE HAWKS MC NOW. A LITTLE VOYEURISM, A LITTLE SWEETNESS, A TOUCH OF HUMOUR AND A GOOD FINISH TO THE ANTHOLOGY.

SO …………………….

DO I RECOMMEND?

HELL YES!!

9 BLOODY GOOD NOVELLAS FROM 9 BLOODY GOOD AUTHORS!! I HAD ONLY READ 2 OF THEM GOING INTO THIS BUT I LOVE THAT FOR $2.99 I GET APPROX 800 PAGES OF BOOK THAT ALLOW ME TO CHECK OUT NEW AUTHORS AND GIVE ME A PEEK INTO THEIR WRITING STYLES. OF COURSE THE BAD NEWS FOR MY ONE CLICK HABIT IS THAT I NOW HAVE SOME BACK CATALOGUES TO CATCH UP ON AND PRE ORDERS TO DO !!!!

THIS IS A HOT, DIRTY, LITTLE BIT KINKY, FABULOUS SELECTION TO ENTICE AND TEMPT YOU AND THESE ALPHAS WILL, TRUST ME!

Profile Image for Gemma Weir.
Author 29 books894 followers
May 17, 2015
Check Out More of my reviews on my blog http://gemmareadstoomuchforittomenorm...

Jani Kay – DEBONAIR

5 WTF Bloody Brilliant Stars

Debonair is the 2nd novella in the OWNED: An Alpha Anthology it’s the first thing I have read by the author Jani Kay.

I hate novellas but so far I’m 2 for 2 having my ass kicked by how good the novella’s are in this anthology!!!

You know a story is good when you get to the last words and your mouth actually forms an O in shock and outrage.

Seriously Jani Kay how could you end it there!!!!!

I mean seriously WTF!!!

And the next part doesn’t come out till 2015!!!!!

What are you doing to me woman I need the next part NOW!!!

Tyler OMG is one of the sexiest characters ever he’s like Mr Grey only less obnoxious or maybe he’s actually more obnoxious he just blinds you with swoon worthiness!!!

Whatever it is I’m well and truly hooked I’m team Tyler he’s just WOW!! Not really sure how else to describe it!!!

Brooklyn girl just give him your knickers and say yes honestly why wouldn’t you!!!

I’m actually a bit gobsmacked by this story; it got me hook, line and sinker.

I’m slightly speechless and to be honest that NEVER happens!!!

The worst thing about this novella is that it’s a novella I wanted it to carry on L

Even now 10 minutes after I’ve finishing it I’m still just shrugging my shoulders and going WTF!!!

Bloody, Bloody BRILLIANT 5 WTF stars!!!

Callie Hart – REBEL

3.5 Too Dark For Me Stars

Rebel isn’t a novella it’s actually a preview of the full length novel by Callie Hart and a part of the Blood & Roses Series.

I actually have Deviant (Blood & Roses #1) sitting on my Kindle waiting to be read; only I’m not sure how I feel about that now.

To be honest this preview of Rebel may have put me off a bit. This sneak peak is dark, like uncomfortably dark.

Now I appreciate that MC books are never sweetness and light but normally the hidden romance story shines through and balances out the harder, darker side of the bikers and their world.

So far Rebel is pitch black!!!!

I usually really like MC books but this story so far just made me feel bad!!!

I’m sure there will be some light at the end of poor Alexi’s tunnel but all I got from this preview was gloom.

Please don’t misunderstand, this is beautifully written and I’m definitely intrigued by the characters. I actually want to know what happens next but I’m just a bit scared to read the rest of the story in case it gets darker!!!

Yes I’m a wuss but I do struggle with the darker side of these books.

I just don’t think this one is for me sorry 3.5 stars.

Pepper Winters – FORBIDDEN FLAWS

4.5 Sexy, Sexy Stars!

Again this is a preview of a full length novel; Forbidden Flaws is the first thing I have read by Pepper Winters.

Bloody hell someone pick me up off the floor because after that sex scene I’m just a puddle of turned on mush!!!!

Christ talk about chemistry and passion!!! I feel a little shell-shocked because Cas and Saffron are smouldering with intensity and sexy spark!!!

Considering this is only a short sneak peak Pepper Winters really manages to pack in the sexy stuff.

This book has gone straight onto my TBR list I’ve no idea when is out but pretty please can I have an ARC and a fan cause if this is anything to go by I’m going to be seriously hot under the collar.

We learn next to nothing about Cas but I was completely mesmerised by him, he’s alpha and filthy mouthed and just bloody fantastic.

I’m not really sure what to make of Saffron but I think her character will become more engaging in the rest of the book.

This preview just suckered me in and I’m hooked bring on the full novel 4.5 stars!!!

Lilliana Anderson – DEEP COVER

3.5 Not Sure Stars

Deep Cover: Case 001 is a preview into what will a monthly instalment series.

I don’t read alot of romantic suspense books but this series has me intrigued.

This sneak peak opens a great big can of worms and the only way to answer the shed load of questions I have is to read the rest of the series.... Lilliana Anderson you are a clever little monkey lol.

To be truthful I’m not sure how I feel about any of the characters because you don’t really get to know any of them particularly well.

This novella works as an introduction to the storyline and it throws a hell of a lot of info at you.

There’s some definite chemistry between Caitlin and Drake even though we don’t actually read about them having sex I get the impression it would be intense.

This story was intriguing but I’m not sure I feel the pull to sign on for the rest of the series 3.5 stars

Chelle Bliss – RESISTING

4.5 Smutastic Stars

Resisting by Chelle bliss is book #3.5 in the Men of Inked Series but actually occurs before book #4 Resist Me.

I'm a massive fan of the Men of Inked series here's a link to reviews for the whole series so far.

For me this novella is brilliant as it's about the night Izzy and James met and the incredibly hot sex they have together.

Trust me when I say if you liked this novella you will LOVE the full novel because it's smuttastic!!!

God Izzy and James have the most incredible chemistry and although they rile each other up and banter they also are just drawn to each other.

One thing I loved about this book was seeing another side to Flash, he is first introduced in the novella Throttled and I kind of hated him!!!

Resisting shows him in a completely different light and I actually thought he was very sweet.

It's difficult for me to judge this as an unknown entity because I know how James and Izzy’s story ends but hell I still enjoyed this flash back into their lives.

I'm a massive fan of Chelle Bliss and as usual this novella is smoking hot and seriously sexy. So this novella gets 4.5 stars from me.

Lila Rose – FINDING OUT

4 Needed More Fox Stars

Finding out is book #2.5 in the Hawks Motorcycle Club series.

This is the first thing I have read by Lila Rose but I do have this series on my TBR list.

Ivy has a serious case of the verbal diahorrea she literally never shuts up!!!

Fox is the strong but silent type I seriously heart him!!! He's alpha with a capital A which is incredibly sexy and when you add the dirty mouth I'm basically a puddle of mush.

I enjoyed the biker club aspect but they were all a bit too nice, where oh where are the bad ass bikers!!!

For me the curse of the novella hits again I would have loved for this to be a full novel, it's just threw everything at you at once and then ended much too soon L

This gets 4 stars just wish it had been longer!

Lyra Parish – SINGLE VOLUME ONE

3.5 Not A Roxanne Fan Stars

Single Volume 1 by Lyra Parish is book #1 in the Single series.

This novella packs a lot into a short amount of words.

There's everything in there swingers clubs, private sex parties, fetish shops and a fair amount of sex.

I'm sorry to say that I just wasn't a massive fan of Roxane, I'm not sure what I didn't like about her but for some reason I just didn't warm to her at all!!

In fact I found myself getting distracted whilst I was reading it, I think perhaps the curse of the novella hit me and I spent more time thinking this is going to end in a minute so I never really engaged with the story.

Tyler and Roxane definitely have some chemistry and I get a feeling that things are about to get kinky in a Dom/ sub way in the next instalment.

This is a good story and I enjoyed the banter between Tyler and Roxanne but for some reason this just didn't really float my boat 3.5 stars

Lesley Jones – REED

4 Need To Know What Happens Next Stars

Reed is a preview of the full length novel Conviction and the first thing I have read by Lesley Jones.

Holy crap on a cracker that’s an intense sneak peak.

I’m gonna say now I’m sold hook, line and sinker Conviction is on my TBR list cause I need to know what happens next.

This novella length preview packs a punch as well as some kinky group sex and a seriously messed up alpha male.

Reed is intense to say the least and I’m super intrigued to learn more about him.

I’m not really sure where the book will pick up but obviously it will introduce the elusive Amoeba

The sex, god the sex I’m not sure it’s exactly sexy but it’s definitely extreme and explicit.

I’m a bit stunned and not entirely sure what will happen next but I know that I need to find out 4 stars

Nina Levine – ALL YOUR REASONS

4.5 Absolutely Hooked Stars

All your reasons by Nina Levine is book #1 in the crave series. It's a part of the OWNED anthology and I've been lucky enough to have been given an Arc of the anthology in exchange for an honest review so here goes.....

Historically I'm not really a fan of novellas it's possible that this one may have changed my mind!!!!!

Talk about an appetite whetter!!! I was completely sucked in and slightly obsessed from the moment Jett opened his mouth.

OMG talk about sexual tension Nina Levine ramps up the passion and intensity from the moment Presley and Jett touch and it just keeps building!!

Jett is my new book rock star favourite he's sexy, sweet but there's still an alpha undertone that made me swoon and bit hot under the collar!

Presley is brilliant she's super feisty and absolutely no nonsense. I love a strong female lead character and I can tell she is totally going to give Jett a run for his money!!

I love Jett and the rest of the band I’m sooo hoping that this is going to be a series and that West, hunter and Van all get their own books.

This is the first time in ages that I have engaged and invested in characters and a story so quick!

I can't wait for the next book I'm probably gonna have to stalk the author a bit and beg for an arc cause I need to know what happens next!!

I loved this novella 4.5 stars
Profile Image for Rebecca.
2,819 reviews141 followers
November 10, 2014
The Owned Anthology is one of the best story compilations that I’ve ever read. Each author offers a look into either part of a series that's already out or one that's coming out soon, and while some readers might be upset that some of the stories stop right in the middle of things, knowing that the full stories are coming is enough compensation because, after reading the glimpses, I can rest assure that they are going to be absolutely fantastic stories.

Each story will captivate readers with its interesting storyline and an alpha male who wants to own the woman who consumes him. The leading men range from rockers and fighters to businessmen and all of them are potential book boyfriends. Just like their leading ladies, these men will have readers ramped up and ready to go because they know their way around a bedroom and they’re not afraid to claim the women they want.

In Nina Levine’s All Your Reasons, the heroine’s not looking for a relationship, especially another one with a rocker, but if Jett has anything to say about, he’s going to give her a reason to risk her heart again.

Debonair by Jani Kay has one hot alpha male in Tyler Sinclair, and in this power play of sorts’ story, sex, lust, and control are how you win the game both in and out of the bedroom.

Pepper Winter’s story, Forbidden Flaws, will have readers close to orgasm just in the small snippet we get in the anthology. She definitely knows how to write a sex scene and the one in here is off the charts HAWT! I can’t wait to see what happens when Saffron and Cas meet back up.

I’m a huge Callie Hart fan, and I’ve been anxiously awaiting Rebel’s release, and now that I’ve read the first part, I can’t wait to see how Alexis goes from one extreme to the next.

Finding Out was my first read in Lila Rose’s Hawks Motorcycle Club series. I loved both the main and secondary characters so much that I read book one of the series as soon as I finished this anthology.

I had already read Chelle Bliss’ Resist Me, so I love that I got to see how it all began with Izzy and James. Izzy is one of my favorite heroines, and anytime I can get more of her potty mouth and wise crack insights, I’m there. Their first encounter is just as scorching as the ones that happen afterwards, and I love getting both of their points of view; it’s easy to see from this prequel that there was no stopping James from claiming Izzy.

Single, Volume 1 is an intriguing story that only scratches the surface of what’s to come for our heroine. Mixing business and pleasure might not be the best idea, but I’m not sure how she’s going to avoid it from happening.

Lilliana Anderson’s Deep Cover: Case 001 is a suspenseful story about betrayal and secrets, and as the title suggests because the characters are a part of government agencies, no one seems to be who they say they are, so the idea of trust is a mute point.

The small glimpse into Reed by Lesley Jones is a mind boggling look into the life and mind of Connor Reed, famous musician and emotionally stunted man whose past has defined his life until now, and when all hell breaks loose, Reed goes spiraling downwards, and it’s unclear whose going to be there to save him when he can’t save himself.

Every story in this anthology OWNED me from the beginning, and even though I was left wanting at the end, it was still very much worth the read because now I know what I have to look forward to from some of my favorite authors. The Owned Anthology is a definite must read.

A complimentary copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

5 poison apples (The Fairest of All Book Reviews)
Profile Image for Chantel.
112 reviews
October 16, 2014
Debonair (Love of Wall Street Series) by Jani Kay

This is a hot and fun novella! That you will not be able to put it down and you will be hooked from the beginning!

HOLY HADES! The amazing Jani Kay has written another incredible book that will spike your temperature and have your panties melting from the HOT SEXY DIRTY MOUTHED ALPHA Tyler Sinclair.

WARNING: Ladies with Tyler Sinclair on the loose you will need to have your boy toys nearby when you finish this book!

I am a huge Jani Kay fan and when I was offered the chance to read Debonair I definitely jumped on it. I was not disappointed! I absolutely love this book! You will not be able to turn the hot pages fast enough. When you finish this novella you will want more of this book and the characters.

This well written book will have you feeling that you are part of the story and have you feeling the raw and strong sexual tension between Tyler and Brooklyn!

The chemistry between Tyler and Brooklyn is off the charts HOT!

You will walk away from this book feeling that you were seduced by Tyler too and wanting more of his sexy dirty mouth!

I HIGHLY recommended this book and all of Jani Kay’s books. She is an amazing and talented author that has many books out that will have you experiencing a rollercoaster ride that only Jani can take you on.

YES there are more books in this series, so keep an eye for the next book because you do not want to miss the next book about the HOT Alpha Tyler Sinclair and the SASSY Brooklyn Bennett.

I cannot wait for the next book because this is only the beginning of the hot explosive relationship between Tyler and Brooklyn!!

*Complimentary copy for an honest review

Profile Image for Rob.
Lilliana Anderson – Deep Cover
Lyra Parish – Single
Nina Levine - All Your Reasons
Lesley Jones – Reed preview

I must admit to not having read any books by a couple of these authors so wasn’t sure what to make of this anthology. I knew some of them and admired their work, which is why I decided to read all 900 odd pages!

Well what can I say! Usually in an anthology, there’s a weak link, an author that gets thrown in as a newbie with a debut novel. But I have to say every single one of these authors deserves to be in this group! They complement each other.

Each book had their own version of an alpha male and a girl and each character was totally different. The authors writing styles were all so different so even when there were similar bits, they actually read totally different.

Not all the books were full size, some were a taster of a new full length book and some kicked off a new series. I have to say that I’d be as happy as a pig in shit reading any books by these authors.

You all should one click this anthology and if you miss it, then one click the authors because each one of them has an excellent story to tell and can bring emotion pouring from the pages. Whether that emotion is love or hate, sadness or angst, it’s all there!

Profile Image for Jaime.
Author 42 books96 followers
February 19, 2015
I am lucky to have been able to read Debonair by Jani Kay in this what I can only imagine will be a great anthology.

Tyler Sinclair is sex on a stick. He has it all brains, body, money, and loves sex.
Brooklyn Bennett is shy, smart, sexy, and has a sassy side to her.

Tyler is missing something and he just can't put his finger on it or should I say her. He sees his "golden girl" one day and has been staring at her pictures on his cell phone wanting to know her.

Brooklyn is excited to start an internship and get back to Australia to help take care of her mum. She gets an email that her boss has to go out of the country and will be working with someone new. Enter the guy who has been haunting her dreams.

They have chemistry, banter, and sexual tension.

Jani Kay is well known for her MC bad boys but omg love her new alpha man Tyler. The only sad part of this is that it ended too soon.
November 9, 2014
***obsessed by books arc copy given in exchange for an honest review***

Never before have I felt compelled to write a review mid way through reading! So why now? Simply because it's bite sized chunks of nine totally amazing stories... and I needed to express my awe frickin struck ness immediately...bikers, rockers, fighters, online dating, sex clubs...with phwoarrrr factor hotness through the roof and you may as well take a cold shower whilst you read...

After I penned the above thoughts I then returned to read the rest of this anthology and I was not disappointed! Each story is a glimpse inside the worlds of some hot alpha males, sassy vixens and kick ass situations. Read this to introduce yourself to nine amazing authors, to add to your #TBR shelves characters you need to read more about...explore them, enjoy them and most of all let yourself be Owned.
Profile Image for Kelly.
524 reviews4 followers
November 19, 2014
Owned is a Fabulous Hot Alpha Male Bundle!! *Swoon*

All Your Reasons by Nina Levine
I need book #2 now!! All your Reasons by Nina Levine is a fantastic read!!! I absolutely enjoyed reading about Presley and Jett. I was hooked from the very first page and I want more, more, more. I could not put this book down. Presley's situation draws the reader in and you want to know what the entire story is between her and her husband. Being the feisty little gal Presley is and with her over hearing her husband's conversation with Van I was pretty surprised she didn't step in and slug her so called "husband" in the nuts. So I hope it's going to go down in book #2 and I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! Loved the start of this amazing series. I think I found a new author to read more from. I recommend this book!!

Debonair Part 1 by Jani Kay
Holy hotness!!!! This story is HOT!!! Tyler is a very successful business man who has to take on his partner/competitor's intern for a few weeks while his partner/competitor is out of town. Brooklyn is the intern who hasn't had an easy life growing up with her single mother. Brooklyn believes that she is just a smart plain Jane. She has worked hard to get the opportunity to be an intern. No man or relationship will stand in her way of the job she has been working so hard for. This story of Tyler and Brooklyn is so good. I couldn't put this down and I was very sad to come to the end of part one. I can not wait for part #2!!! This is a fantastic start to what I believe will be an amazing series!!

Rebel by Callie Hart
This was a darker read than I usually read. This part one had a lot of violence and swearing. I didn't dislike it by any means, it was just different than what I was used to. The main character, Alexis, is walking to a bus stop and comes upon a bloody man coming from the alley way. She then has someone come behind her and grabs her. I won't tell you want happens...but it has a lot of suspense and keeps you on the edge of your seat. It was a good read and I do plan to read the rest of this series once it's released.

Forbidden Flaws by Pepper Winters
I think my Kindle is on fire!!! Part one of Forbidden Flaws is smoking HOT!!!! This is the story of Cas and Saffron. An unexpected situation brings the two of these characters together. The attraction is unstoppable and it is HOT!!! Pepper Winters turns a funny situation into a very interesting situation. I will not give anything away, but this book is fantastic.

Single, Volume 1 by Lyra Parish
This is a fantastic book!!! I laughed so hard at some of the comments that the characters made throughout the story. I highlighted many quotes that made me laugh and I enjoyed reading. This book is SO GOOD!!! Parker and Rox's story is a HOT one to say the least. When they first meet they both have a strong attraction to one another. Other chance meetings bring them together once again. You will have to read to find out their feelings for one another and how their chance meetings turn out. I highly recommend this book, the author did a fabulous job of getting the reader hooked to the story right away. I love the authors writing style and her sense of humor throughout the story. This book is amazing and I can not wait for Volume #2!!!

Resisting by Chelle Bliss
Resisting is a super HOT read. This is the story of Izzy. Izzy does not believe in the whole relationships and the idea of love. She believes men are only good for a few things. I won't give the story away, so you will have to read this fantastic read to find out what those few things are. This is the first book by Chelle Bliss that I have read and I really enjoyed this story. I plan to read more books by this author. I enjoyed her writing style and the characters got my attention and I want to read more about them. This is a steamy hot read that I will recommend to others.

Deep Cover by Lilliana Anderson
This book is filled with suspense and betrayal. I am not about to give anything away...but this is a must read. Lillianna Anderson keeps you on the edge of your seat. What you thought is going on in the book really isn't what you think. Lots of twists and turns. This is a great read and can not wait for the story to continue.

Reed by Lesley Jones
This is a very emotional read. I was drawn in from the very first page until the very last page. This book is HOT, HOT, HOT and is so emotional. You can truly feel what the characters are feeling. You get so involved in this book that you get wrapped up in the characters world. This book is fantastic. This is the story of Reed. Hot alpha male. That needs to be read!!! I can not wait for this entire book to be released. I need more REED!!!! Love Lesley Jones and all her books!!!

Finding Out by Lila Rose
This book made me laugh throughout the entire story. The characters are funny and very easy to relate to. The author gave us humor, suspense, romance, and a sense of family in this book. This is a great read!!
Profile Image for Twin Opinions.
556 reviews18 followers
November 10, 2014
I will post a review for each story below. My overall review is this anthology is F***ing AWESOME!
I loved it so much and I am so excited to get either the full versions or the next installments for each and every story! I was wowed and blown away and left speechless. I cried, I laughed, I was turned on, I was in awe here. I loved every page and I can't wait for more of these sexy tales!

Lilliana Anderson – Deep Cover: Case 001
It was just starting to get good. I was just starting to like Drake and I am pissed at Gavin! I don't want to give too much away but, wow. How can I not! I will be good and keep my mouth shut. I really liked Gavin too. So many twist and turns here and in so few pages. This is a page turner that leaves you on edge. What a suspenseful tale. I want to keep going and find out which man is going to win and what is going to happen with the chase?

Chelle Bliss – Resisting
Well, I need the next book now. I was so not ready to give James up yet. Izzy is crazy for walking out of that room. I am also a little excited for Thomas' reaction to this. I am so hoping for Izzy to get the HEA here. I know there will be a long road with her issues but, I so want it in this book. I am not always an HEA fan but here I feel like I have to have it. James is the only man who is capable of giving it too! I do hope he breaks her down and I can't wait to watch him try!

Callie Hart – Rebel **
Oh My! I am very excited to have the start of this book. I will be thrilled when the full version is out. I got just enough of Rebel to be intrigued. The plot in this one is very good. I think that this book is well on it's way to being amazing! I was on edge and hoping that she would be rescued. Knowing that it would not happen until the full length came out. What a teaser of a start to what is sure to be a wonderful read. No wonderful is to nice, raw, exciting, thrilling are the words that will be put in reviews for the full length of this book!

Lesley Jones – Reed **
Oh my! Reed you poor broken man! And, then there is Jet! OMG! I am in tears here. I was crying over all of Reed's reasons for being broken but, this one was too heartbreaking! Such an emotional read. I need the rest of the story. Such heartbreak here. Not just for Reed but for all involved. I was an emotional wreak at the end of this and I need more to know that Reed is okay. I loved this and I want more now.

Jani Kay – Debonaire
WHAT! NO! You cannot stop there! I have to be at that party! I need to know what comes next. Jani Kay you are a tease! What an amazing start Just enough to pull you in but, not satisfy your needs! This is amazing. I can see so many different scenarios playing out here. I love the characters and the possibilities that lie ahead! Poor Brooklyn maybe in over her head. I can't wait for more. This is perfectly written. Just enough to get you invested in the characters and to build up the suspense for more!

Nina Levine – All Your Reasons
Presley, I want to be you. You lucky, lucky girl. Wow, to get Jett and have him doing whatever it takes to win you, WOW! I cannot wait to get my hands on more of you Jett. Jett takes swoon worthy to a whole new level. To top it all off he is a rocker covered in tats!!! Presley sums it up just perfectly "Jett is ecstasy" She is so right! He can come be my addiction any time! I love this story and am looking forward to more of Presley and Jett!

Lyra Parish – Single: Volume One
WOW! I started this story and quickly started planning Rox and Jake's future. Boy was I wrong! At the beginning I never seen Jake as being this way. I loved Parker though. All of his appearance are great! He is one alpha male no woman can resist but he is such an ass. I loved his effect on Rox. He was the perfect man to shake up her perfect world. Great start, I can't wait for the trip to New York!

Lila Rose – Finding Out
This one will have you laughing out loud. Ivy and her nervous chatting is amazing. I also love how Fox is. That he loves her for all her quirks, not just how pretty she is. This was a great read, fast paced, but not rushed, sexy, fun and even a little drama. This has great characters and even if you haven't read the series you will love this. I do bet that after reading this you will be itching to get your hand on the other members of this loving MC! I am in love with them all already!

Pepper Winters – Forbidden Flaws **
Holy Mother of all one nighters! Cas please come to my rescue! I think any girl would melt for you. Saffron are you crazy? With this little teaser, I guarantee you will ask the same question. I don't want to wait and I must say that was the best ice cream scene I have ever read!
I can not wait to get into the meat of the story. I feel like I was left hanging here. I am super excited for the full length. This teaser is the perfect start to the book to set up all the suspense! WOW!
Profile Image for Danny Jeffery.
1,351 reviews16 followers
Debonair by Jani Kay:
Debonair is sort of prequel to Jani's new series - The Wall Street Series.

In Debonair we are introduced to Tyler Sinclair and Brooklyn Bennett.Tyler Sinclair is a smoking hot Trader on Wall Street. He's successful, arrogant and used to getting he wants.
Brooklyn Bennett has moved from Australia to New York to pursue her new career. She's sexy but full of self doubt.

They spot each other one day from a distance and both experience an instant attraction that neither forgets about. Little did they know their paths would cross again when Brooklyn walks through Sinclair's office door to intern for him for three weeks.

Their sexual chemistry is off the charts, however, Tyler's arrogant nature brings out Brooklyn's sassy nature and they fight off their attraction.

This novella has introduced us to two great characters, whom I can't wait to read more about. You know that we've some smoking scenes to look forward to from these two. This is the start to a very sexy snappy story and I can't wait for more.

......................................................................
All Your Reasons by Nina Levine:

Wow I loved this Novella. The action kicks off straight away and doesn't let up. This novella is a page turner that will leave you bereft at the end because you just want more.

Presley is a fashion photographer who is unsatisfied in her job and her personal life isn't much better having recently left her husband. After another dissatisfying photo shoot she heads out to find some fun for the evening. This is where we have the unmistakable pleasure of meeting Jett Vaughn, lead singer of the rock band Crave.

Nina always writes great characters and she has done it again. I loved Presley and Jett.
Presley is so relatable too. She's the girl you could easily go for a drink with and have as one of your mates. Presley clearly has some heartbreak that she needs to work through and as a result is trying to protect herself from hurting again but at the same time she's confident and sassy and tells it how it is. It was also refreshing to see a woman who knows what she wants sexually and just goes for it.
Jett may not be the bad ass alpha we've seen from Nina's MC men, but oh boy, he's certainly got those traits, just in a more subtle way. He knows what he wants and he's not afraid to go for it. Hot, tatted and emotionally together (so it seems) - every girl wants herself a Jett! Together their chemistry is electric and the sex scenes - whoo hot, sizzle and stir!

I absolutely love series, where each book covers a certain couple but running through them we get snippets of other characters lives and we got that in All Your Reasons by meeting Jett's Crave band mates. There's clearly more drama to unfold in the future and I cannot wait for more!

Great start to a new series - 5 hot rocking stars
Profile Image for Chantal.
480 reviews18 followers
Debonair by Jani Kay *****5 stars

I was fortunate to receive an ARC of Debonair by Jani Kay, part of Owned. Wow, it leaves you wanting more. For Brooklyn coming to New York from Australia for an internship means an opportunity of a lifetime. While sightseeing her eyes look with the most attractive male she has ever seen. Little does she know that their paths will cross again as she discovers on her first day on her job that the same delicious male species will be her boss for the next three weeks. The last thing Taylor Sinclaire wanted to do or have time for was an intern until he meets Brooklyn. Attracted to her at first sight he already plans his ways to own her in every way but soon finds out that she is no easy target but rather a feisty match for his alpha male ego. This is a very sexy and entertaining story and I am looking forward to seeing where it will lead. ❤️

All your Reasons by Nina Levine *****5 stars
A rockstar with a heart❤️
I was fortunate to receive an ARC and was not disappointed.
I thought I'd love me some biker but I'll take a rockstar with a heart any day. This novella introduces you to Presley, a photographer who separated from her husband six month ago and Jett, the super sexy lead singer of the band Crave. While on a photoshoot in Sidney, Presley and her friend decide to go out on the town to find a hookup for the night. That is where she meets Jett. Little does she know that the one night stand leads to much more and is the beginning of a lot of complications and drama in her life. The instant spark between them, the romance and the inevitable drama will leave you wanting to read more. I can't wait for the continuation of this series and getting to know all the characters involved even more. Loved it Nina.
Profile Image for Embrace Your Book Addiction.
11 reviews6 followers
November 15, 2014
☆☆4 Strong Stars☆☆

I was extremely excited when we were asked to review this arc for an honest review. Let me be honest, I, Harlie aka Tiffie hate anthologies. Why? Because they are total teases. Do not get me wrong I FLOVE books teases but if there 8 in a row, I get anxious and want the good stuff. So why was I excited for this series you may ask? Because it has not only 1, not 2 or 3 of my favorite authors but 5 and all new stories. Hell yes, I'll get over being the only wierdo who hates anthologies!

Each book brought a whole new sense of alpha male. Each story had one sexy male, the female who can tame him and a plot to make it all worth while. Meanwhile, each author has a unique writing style that give this anthology more character and a much needed hook to keep on going.

With each turn of the page, the lust gets hotter and hotter! Also each new book has plots that either have never been written or have an unsuspecting twist to it. Best part no two alphas are alike. You have a millionaire, rock star, MC bikers, boxer and so much more. The hot possession and need for the women in their stories makes me want one of my veey own!

So why the 4 stars if its so great? A few of the books seemed to rushed even for novellas. I know that two were just intros to a new book and that had no sway in my rating. And I get some were one night stands which is fine with me but it just felt rushed. Too much was thrown in without to much detail. BUT put that aside, this box set is a MUST BUY!!!

Thank you to the authors who thought us worthy to read your books! Much love to you all and keep up the great work! Can't wait to read the rest of the seriea these book teases presentee us! You guys got yourselves a few new fans!!
Profile Image for Lisa Miller.
167 reviews2 followers
October 22, 2014
I was given a complementary copy of Debonair by The talented Jani Kay for my review! Debonair is one of the novella's in this anthology. Jani has a way of sucking me into her stories from page one and Debonair did not disappoint!! The panty wetting Tyler Sinclair is hot, alpha, dirty talking and can get any women he wants but when the sassy back talking Brooklyn Bennett gets to his company as an intern ,Tyler's world gets turned upside down.

Brooklyn has finally moved To New York from Australia with her best friend in tow. She is going to be an intern at a prestigious wall street firm. She gets an email from her new boss that she will be working with another partner because he has been called out of the country on business.

Enter the panty melting, dirty mouthed, hot as hell and "debonair" Tyler Sinclair!! This is the man Brooklyn sees in her dreams. There is something about Tyler that draws Brooklyn's inner sassiness out and Tyler loves it because he has never had a women back talk him before.

The chemistry between these two is off the charts and just when you are ready for more, the book ends. This unfortunately is a novella and does have a cliffy!! I will be waiting anxiously for the next book in this series to come out !
Profile Image for Stacey.
403 reviews4 followers
October 24, 2014
I was honored enough to receive an ARC of Debonair from Jani Kay, and I'm glad I had received the chance to read it.

From the first few pages you get a glimpse of the type of man Tyler Sinclair is. Dominant, cocky, arrogant, and willing to do anything to obtain partnership status in the financial firm he works at. Yet there's a hint of something just a little vulnerable that draws you to him.

Brooklyn moves from Australia to New York City with her best friend to do an internship at the same firm Tyler works at. When her boss takes off on a three week trip, she finds herself working for Tyler. She finds him to be arrogant and doesn't care for his personality, but she is attracted to him.

I liked Brooklyn. She comes off as a little shy, but when Tyler annoys her, she doesn't hesitate to put him in his place. She's feisty and witty.

As this is the opening to a series, there is a cliffhanger ending. I can't wait to read the next book in the series, which will continue Tyler and Brooklyn's story.

Great job Jani! If the rest of the stories in this anthology are as good as this one, you won't be disappointed.
Profile Image for Melissa Jones.
324 reviews11 followers
October 17, 2014
I was given the great privilege of reading Jani Kay's contribution to this anthology which is a novella titled Debonair and it is HOT, SEXY, and I NEED MORE OF MR DEBONAIR!!!

Jani definitely has a knack for creating irresistible alpa males and Tyler Sinclair aka Mr Debonair is the complete package--gorgeous, arrogant, successful, and the ladies are usually waiting in line.

The heroine, Brooklyn Bennett is a very intelligent young woman whose ready to start her life in New York as an intern on Wall Street. She's a bit naive, seems shy and quiet but Tyler(Mr Debonair) sparks a fire in her that brings out her sassy/rebellious side which in turn provokes Tyler's alpa-ness!

This novella contains just the right amount of angst, steam, emotion, and character info and I felt it was a perfect intro for what I know will be a great series by Jani Kay!

There are many more amazing authors included in this anthology and I expect that their books are just as HOT and Alpa as this one and I can't wait to read the whole set!!!
Profile Image for Rhiannon King.
416 reviews23 followers
October 24, 2014
Jani Kay has delivered yet another amazing read, I was given the privilege of reading Debonair before release in turn for an honest review. Debonair is one of the novellas from the Owned anthology. Tyler is used to getting what he wants whether it's for business or willing women nothing gets in his way that is until he meets the sassy Brooklyn Bennett who turns his very world upside down.

Jani has a way of sucking you in to her stories from the get go. I loved the fact that Brooklyn is feisty and not afraid to tell Tyler where he can stick his advances. Even though Tyler is a cocky and arrogant S.O.B but there is something about him that pulls you in and makes your heart melt.

Well done Jani if I could give you more than 5stars then I would. I can't wait for book #2 to see how things progress and if the sassy Brooklyn an dhold off the sultry Mr. Debonair.
Profile Image for Tracy Supple.
170 reviews7 followers
November 27, 2014
I was gifted Debonair by Jani Kay and absolutely loved it.
Tyler Sinclair is so self assured and domineering and has worked hard to achieve his position.
Brooklyn Bennett is sweet sassy and won't allow herself to be seen as weak in an environment that is dominated by men.
When they come together sparks fly the attraction is instant.
This was a short and sweet introduction to what we have to look forward to in the full story.
Really looking forward to seen what unfolds in the rest of Tyler and Brooklyn's story.
Profile Image for Melissa.
628 reviews2 followers
November 11, 2014
nothing better then great authors giving you their best! This was a great anthology teased and tortured with anticipation but worth it of course !
Profile Image for **Elle**Bee**Double U**.
2,077 reviews15 followers
January 3, 2016
How can you beat 9 books for such a low price??

Not going to lie though, I've only heard of 3 of these authors but loved every single story will start keeping up with all of them.

ALL YOUR REASONS - NINA LEVINE
This was something completely different than Nina Levine's regular biker books. I liked the way that she wrote Jet. I'm not really big on rock stars because the way some authors write them makes them seem arrogant and full of themselves. However, Jet was one who had a big heart and knew when he wanted a woman longer than 1 night. Presley is just like any woman. She has a great career and thought she had a great husband, however he wouldn't give her the time of day. So this results in her not trusting men especially rock stars. Was kind of disappointed in the way the story ended abruptly, but can't wait for the next installment.

DEBONAIR PT. 1 - JANI KAY
I have never read any of Jani Kay's other books, but I have heard and read great things about them. Tyler Sinclair is the ultimate alpha. He has worked for everything he has today and takes advantage of the position he is now in with the women. Every woman wants to become the new Mrs. Sinclair, but he won't have any part of that. One time and variety is what he enjoys. Brooklyn is a down to earth type of gal who doesn't let people walk all over her because she is a woman. She has also worked for her position and coming from a house with very little money and a lot of work she knows what she wants and where she's going. I just can't believe you left us hanging and wondering how the party will turn out!!

Rebel - Callie Hart
Forbidden Flaws - Pepper Winters
Reed - Lesley Jones
The three above were all just previews. I enjoyed getting a sneak peak at these new stories and can't wait for the full book of each of them
Profile Image for Rose.
1,346 reviews12 followers
October 17, 2016
Some of my favorite authors all in one place, what could make a reader happier!!!!! As I read the stories in this anthology I will continue to add more to this review!

Debonair: Part 1 by Jani Kay: I LOVE JANI KAY!!!! And this is probably my favorite story she has written!!!Tyler Sinclair is an up & coming investment broker on Wall Street who has a few kinks. Brooklyn Bennett has just arrived in the US from Australia for an internship at the same company. On her first day she ends up late to work only to find out that her supervisor has been called out of town & she has a new boss for the first three weeks. And man do things get interesting!

Finding Out by Lila Rose: Oh my, the more I read by Lila Rose the more I LOVE this woman's writing style. I swear I don't think I laugh & smile as much in ANYONE elses books as I do hers. By the second page I was smiling & by page three I was laughing out loud. This is Fox & Ivy's story & oh, I loved it so...

All Your Reasons (Part 1) by Nina Freaking Levine: This is much different than what I am used to from Ms Levine but no less a fantastic start to what I see as a great new series. Presley & Jett, hmmm!!!This is going to be a VERY interesting story. Nina, I can't wait to read the rest. These guys are HOT!!! And I would LOVE to read Van's story!!!! And Hunter, hmmm, I can see a very dirty boy there.... And let's not forget West, I can see him falling very hard for one of Presley's girls!!!

Resisting by Chelle Bliss: This is the beginning of Izzy's story & I can't wait for the rest. Izzy is tough & refuses to believe that LOVE is for her. But when she meets James at her brother's wedding will that change? And what exactly is James' story? Can't wait to find out more!!!!

Loved this anthology!!!!
Profile Image for Angela.
301 reviews16 followers
November 21, 2014
5 Amazing Stars

I was lucky to get a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review...

Well Anthology's.....One word Awesome!!!!

To have a book with various authors and having a selection of books in one is definitely a great idea, because you have books in it that you would buy from authors that you know and then some from authors that are new to you and are able to read something that you might not normally read.

I was able to experience new stories and fall in love with new characters (just to add to my already LONG list of book boyfriends)

Chelle Bliss, Nina Levine,Pepper Winters, Lilliana Anderson, Jani Kay, Callie Hart, Lyra Parish & Lesley Jones you are all amazing in what you do.

My standouts for me however were Chelle Bliss's Resisting and Nina Levine's All Your Reasons & let me just say Nina I have reasons why you NEED to release the next book in that series!!! I NEED more Jett..lol

Profile Image for Victoria.
422 reviews8 followers
February 27, 2015
I loved all of the little snippets this anthology included and have most definitely added a couple more authors and theirs titles to my must read list for the future, because lets face it TBR lists are never long enough are they?

I did initially purchase this because I am a huge fan of Lesley Jones and her work and was dying to meet Connor Reed and I must say I was not disappointed in him at all, infact I very much look forward to meeting him in more depth in a few days time!! What surprised me because I don't usually by anthologies is how quickly I fell in love with each story and they do exactly what they are meant to because by the time I had got to the end of each one I was gagging to know what happened next and I won't lie my kindle nearly flew across the room several times!!

This is a collection for hot and steamy reads that you should definitely treat yourselves to and believe me you won't be disappointed!!
Profile Image for Jo ReadsRomance.
468 reviews29 followers
December 2, 2014
This was a difficult one to rate because some of the stories were 5 stars but others were 4 so I'd say 4.5 Stars overall. I loved this idea of having lots of shorts stories in one book, allowing me to dip and out in between other books. Although I have one clicked other anthologies before this is the first one that I have read. I was really impressed and thought that it is a brilliant way to introduce new authors and preview new stories. I was already familiar with Pepper Winters and Lesley Jones' books and I loved their novella's and I'm excited to read the follow on books. I also loved Chelle Bliss' "Resisting" and Lila Rose "Finding Out". I will definitely be looking out for those authors . If you love a hot alpha then you can't go wrong with picking up this book.
Profile Image for Aurelia Fray.
Author 17 books42 followers
November 10, 2014
Each story in this collection is enthralling. The heat levels are scorching and the characters are not only engaging but real. They are much larger, fuller stories than I expected to get from a collection too. I definitely had to pace myself and enjoy each offering as it came…and for a speedy reader that is actually an unexpected pleasure.

No story stood out above the others for me. Instead it felt like I had read a five star book each night. Each author piqued my interest with their well-woven plots, steamy interludes and Alpha hotties. It wasn’t just the male characters that sizzled either. These stories each contained a refreshingly strong, characterful female. All awesome, all hot, all authors I will be keeping a future eye on. Totally recommended.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 120 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.