Start by marking “Inspire (The Muse, #1)” as Want to Read:
Inspire (The Muse, #1)

Inspire

(The Muse #1)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  1,672 Ratings  ·  344 Reviews
Kalliope lives with one purpose.

To inspire.

As an immortal muse, she doesn’t have any other choice. It’s part of how she was made. Musicians, artists, actors—they use her to advance their art, and she uses them to survive. She moves from one artist to the next, never staying long enough to get attached. But all she wants is a different life— a normal one. She’s spent thousa
Published December 15th 2014 by Cora Carmack

To ask other readers questions about Inspire, please sign up.
Cora Carmack Hi Caitlin,

Hi Caitlin,

It will be yes. Sometime in January is what we're thinking. But because it's independently published, it won't be in bookstores. You'd have to order it from an online retailer like Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Book Depository, etc. (less)

Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
description

DNF @ 22%

I don't have a problem with sex in books. It happens. And very much expected with a genre like this. But a whiny heroine AND an intense sex scene and I'M NOT EVEN IN THE MIDDLE YET? And it's between two people declaring their love and need for each other when they just met once in a grocery store?

NO THANK YOU.

I have 600+ books in my TBR that in my opinion have more sense.

I don't even care if there'll be a 'story' afterwards. I DON'T CARE...
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title:Inspire
Series:The Muse #1
Author:Cora Carmack
Release date: December 15, 2014
Rating:4 stars
Cliffhanger:Yes
HEA: (view spoiler)

Creation and Destruction. These are the things I inspire.

This book.....gave me all the feels. It had all the characteristics of a stellar book. It was intriguing, gripping, dramatic, tense, but most of all, it had the kind of distinct plot that is totally unique and shall I go there...? Inspired. There, I said it. There are very, very few books tha
Jen
I am going to keep this review fairly simple and short. For starters, I think that my rating and enjoyment of the book is mostly due to the fact that I have never been one to understand the whole concept of muses and how the inner workings of their talent works. I know in this particular story that Kalliope, who is a Greek Goddess; and also she is a muse that was put on this earth to inspire all different kinds of artists. She is immortal, and has lived for many centuries inspiring others, while ...more
Wendy Higgins
Oh, Cora! What a gorgeous start to a new series! I felt Kalli's heartbreaking struggle, her urges and fears and deepest desires. The whole muse lore was a fascinating premise. Wilder, of course, was delicious.
And it has a strong cliffie, just as a respectable first book in the series should, hehehe.
Danielle (Love at First Page)
4.5-5 stars

Wow! THIS WAS SO GOOD. I am sort of shocked to say that Inspire is officially my new favorite Cora Carmack book. Not to say that I didn't expect to love this, but I'm such a contemporary girl and I'm obsessed with football, so I wasn't sure anything would ever be able to top her Rusk University series. Now I'm singing a much different tune, with a chorus of three words I never thought I'd string together: move over Silas. Seriously. Guys, if you liked Silas' dirty mouth and Cade's emo
Debby
2 stars

I start this review with pretty much a broken heart. Anyone who knows me has probably heard me yelling about my love for Cora Carmack. She could do no wrong in my eyes. Then... Inspire happened.

Inspire was an attempt to bring us something new: new adult paranormal romance. Until now, the only new adult books have pretty much been contemporary romances, so it was exciting to hear that this would be something different. This would hopefully combine some awesome paranormal/fantasy aspects (b
Rebecca
I was thrilled to learn Cora would be writing a series in this genre and could not wait to see her unique spin on PNR (Paranormal Romance). I am a huge PNR fan and NA could use more of this genre. PNR tends to be overlooked for the most part in most NA books. Cora delivered in a huge way and I really liked this first book in her new series. In fact, Inspire ties All Lined Up as my favorite book written by her. PNR and Contemporary NA fans alike will enjoy this new series.

I hadn't read about muse
Yomi M.
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book had many things that under different circumstances I would be rolling my eyes. It was cheesy at times, there was definitely insta-love, it was predictable AND there was cliffhanger. However, with that being said I really liked it, it maybe it was because I was sick...who knows. All I know is that I can't wait for the second book :)
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
INITIAL REACTION UPON COMPLETING THIS BOOK: Did you hear that *CRACK* sound? That was MY HEART!
SECOND.BOOK.NOW, Cora! NOW!
Have to gather my thoughts before I can even write the review of this book...

I want to thank Cora for providing me with a copy of this phenomenal book to read and give an honest review. Receiving the book for free has in no way altered my opinion or review.

So if anyone knows me, they know I'm a huge Cora fan. Given the chance to read any book by her I would jump right in. So
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

[image error]

So if you are looking for a book that takes a modern spin on Greek Mythology then look no further than INSPIRE by Cora Carmack. Are you ready to get inspired? They say to be inspired is great, to inspire is incredible. And for Kalliope, a Greek Goddess, who was placed on Earth to be an immortal muse to use her ability to inspire for that sole purpose only. She doesn’t have any choice. It was what she was made for. Musicians, artist
Muse-ic ♬
I don't have much to say about this book. And most of it isn't really good.
First of all the instalove is UN-REAL!
Kalliope (Kalli) sees Wilder Bell in the grocery store with his little sister. He is now stuck in her mind and her in his, of course.

I got so bored of the story line. I have no good vibes coming off this book that I don't even feel like writing this review.
It's not just romance, it's instalove romance. Not much of a story.

Kalliope is one of the nine muses. In other words, she is th
hayledie
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Aynen sonunda kitabı bitirdim, çok şükür. Neyse ki bahanem var; KİTAP BOK GİBİ.

Gonca’nın verdiği gazla beklentim allahuekber dağlarını aştığı için olabilir tabii ki, fakat normal bir beklentiyle başlasam yine klişe bulacaktım, iki vermesem üç verecektim. Gerçekten hayal kırıklığı oldu.

Tamam olay, hikaye falan beni sarmadı lakin karakterlerde çok büyük sorun var. Kalli’nin allah belasını versin zaten. Ama sen neden Wilder? Sen neden bi paçozun arkasından böyle sürüklendin durdun çocuğum? Aşkmış k
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
SO DAMN GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!
If you haven't read this, you are missing half of your reading life!!!!!!!!! MYGAWDDDD!!!!!
IT'S AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

READ IT NOW PEOPLE!! Then join me in my waiting misery for the next book!!!!!
Amber Addison
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hands down, the best NA I've read all year. Maybe the best paranormal I've read all year. Cora just keeps getting better and better.
Büşra Öztürk
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
BANA. HEMEN. İKİNCİ . KİTABI . FIRLATIN.
Daha çikmamis bileee. :( :(Cok cok cok güzeldi.Ozellikle Yunan mitolojisiyle ilgilenenler için birebir.*_*
ÖFF harikaydı bee !
Neyse gideyimde kafamı toplayıp , adam akıllı bir yorum yazıp geleyim :(
Son olarak Wilder Bell *_*
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Aww man I thought this was a standalone but now I'm left hanging! Loved Wilder! He was a sweetie! And of course sexy! Those sex scenes! WOW! I felt like their relationship did move a bit fast and went to the whole die for you love within weeks. Looking forward to their adventure to Hades!
Becca
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tour, favorites
What I want…it goes far deeper than that. And it’s completely untouchable. “Sometimes the last thing that matters is what we want to do.”

Speechless… I am utterly speechless with the awesomeness and wonder of all that was Inspire by Cora Carmack. Let me start off with… WOW. I loved this book, Cora has shown a true talent for Paranormal Romance and I loved the stories, setting, characters and well… everything!

This is the story of Kalli, an immortal Muse who spends her life moving from artist to ar
nick
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it

Inspire was one of those books that was so very hard to put down. It was addicting in every way and the ending just left me itching for more. In a genre that is mostly saturated with contemporary stories, it's nice to see paranormal stories also emerge, which was my primary reason for picking this book up. And Cora Carmack definitely succeeds at crafting a thoroughly entertaining story.

Inspire's protagonist, Kalli is in fact the immortal Greek muse, Kalliope. Kalli was dealing with a lot in the
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5 stars

Inspire is the first book in the New Adult paranormal/fantasy The Muse series.

I definitely misread the blurb before starting this book. When I read "she moves from one artist to the next, never staying long enough to get attached." I thought that she went into their bodies. And that idea intrigued me. Really she is their muse. She needs to give them her energy to survive herself.

The thing is the author is really good at writing NA contemporary romance. This book is paranormal. But muc
Abbie
In Greek mythology the Muses were daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne who inspired art and sciences throughout history. This book is a retelling of Kalliope, the muse of epic poetry in today's modern setting.

I admit that I was psyched about reading this book because of the intriguing plot but as soon as I had gone through the first two chapters I realized that this was just another predictable romance novel infused with fantasy elements.

Kalliope, the immortal muse goes from one artist to another, in
Stephanie
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
☆ Sammy ☆彡
Review to come :)
Meri
Jun 27, 2015 rated it liked it
"Who knows if anyone is good for anyone else? There might be someone out there better for you than me, but I'm selfish enough to hope you never meet him."

"It really is something to see - the way people interact. Whether they're friends or lovers or strangers, everyone is connected [..] and I wish I weren't the only one to see the beauty in it."

"It's the easiest thing I've ever done. Loving you."

"Love me now. Love me tomorrow. And the next day. The future isn't written in stone. We decide it. Cho
Caitlin
Jul 27, 2014 marked it as to-read
July 27, 2014:

This sounds really interesting! Very intrigued :D
Jen
Jul 27, 2014 rated it liked it
That was a brutal cliffhanger like whoa.
Yesi ~ LLL
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can't even think right now...this book is freakin' AMAZING! But...holy sh%# I NEED book 2 NOW!!! ***Full review on LLL on the 21st for the blog tour
ஐ฿υκєτஐ
Umduğum gibi çıkmadığı bir gerçek.Günümüz aşk beklerken fantastik bulunca dumur olduğum da bir gerçek.Mitolojinin bende her türlü gideri vardır aslında ama bunu cidden beğenmedim.
Pavan
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I NEED MORE. Loved this book! Review to come 20th of December with the Blog Tour!
Vi (the Vi3tBabe)
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Intense. Emotional. Addictive.

Those are the words that come to mind when I think of Inspire. Honestly, it was a mixed bag kind of read for me at first. Not that I didn't like it or anything, I just didn't know what to really think about it. Then, I can't pinpoint exactly when, things just got so intense and started to really click for me and I just fell so in love with this book. It definitely kept me up late at night, and that rarely happens anymore since I'm so sleep-deprived because of the ne
Tonyalee
See this review and more on my blog, After Hours at Lilybloombooks

Err... 1 1/2 stars?

IDEK.

I have been on the hunt - for ages - for a non contemporary New Adult novel. I bought this one a few weeks back and I was so excited to read it. I adored All Lined Up and I have heard so many great things about Inspire and her other novels.

Sadly, Inspire was... disappointing. VERY disappointing. I really don't want to rant - but this will probably turn into a rant.

I find it hilarious that this read as a con
Madison Mega-Mara...: #236 Inspire by Cora Carmack 1 1 Dec 21, 2015 09:06AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 08, 2015 12:02PM
  • Last Will and Testament (Radleigh University, #1)
  • Rebound (Boomerang, #2)
  • Hear Me
  • Courage (Mark of Nexus, #2)
  • Knight Assassin
  • Caged in Winter (Reluctant Hearts, #1)
  • Only The Good Die Young
  • Surviving the Rachel
  • Everly After
  • The Collectors’ Society (The Collectors’ Society, #1)
  • Second Position (District Ballet Company #1)
  • Ruined (The Eternal Balance, #1)
  • Foretold (Sisters of Fate, #1)
  • Beckon Me (Beckoner #1)
  • Stir Me Up
  • First World Problems (Solving For Ex #2)
  • Wicked (A Wicked Trilogy, #1)
  • Beautiful Broken (University of Branton, #2)
Cora Carmack is a twenty-something writer who likes to write about twenty-something characters. She's done a multitude of things in her life-- boring jobs (like working retail), Fun jobs (like working in a theatre), stressful jobs (like teaching), and dream jobs (like writing). She enjoys placing her characters in the most awkward situations possible, and then trying to help them get a boyfriend o ...more

The Muse (2 books)
  • Inflict (The Muse, #2)
“Something that small shouldn't be so powerful, but I swear there's this pull between us, and every time I touch her, every time I even look at her, it gets stronger. Like she's an ocean tide, and I'm caught up in her current. And there's no point in fighting my way to the surface because I don't know which way is up or down. I don't know anything except that I want her.” 4 likes
“What nourishes me also destroys me” 2 likes