Start by marking “Underneath” as Want to Read:
Underneath

Underneath

LAUREN LAWLER’s life is visually perfect. However husband Niall seems to have forgotten she exists. Running a Vintage shop on Ebay and meeting her best friend Monique for coffee and shopping, Lauren feels settled but bored. Collecting her nine year old son Joe from school one day, she discovers that the new mum at the gates is her old school foe Bettina.

Lauren is initially
Kindle Edition
Published September 2014

To ask other readers questions about Underneath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Underneath

Start your review of Underneath
Jules
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gosh, I'm not sure where to start with this. Just finished it this morning. I've spent the last couple of days feeling a bit like someone shoved me in the washing machine, spun me around a lot, then dumped me in a washed out soggy pile on the floor. This novel has had my thoughts and emotions going all over the place!

I've found this book seeping into my own life throughout the day, while I was meant to be working. Tempting my mind to try and work out who to trust and what's going to happen next
Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch
If you follow my reviews, or are in my Facebook group then you already know!
This book had me going insane!! I was flipping out! Cursing and threatening the characters! UGH I LOVED EVERY MINUTE!

Underneath is different, not like Andie's previous work The Alphabet Game. The Complete Alpha Series: A to X, Y, Z. (which I LOVED FYI) It doesn't have a lot of the erotic moments you may be expecting...why you ask ..

description

Theres just so much going on. You won't be worried about where the sex is you'll be wond
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

I retreat to Facebook, but there’s limited solace found in what people I’ve never met have eaten that evening.

On go a pair of hold ups with a lacy trim and some black stilettos with a pink sole, ‘Car to Bar’ shoes that I’ve never actually worn because I can hardly balance in them. I bought them because they were pretty and on sale. Looking at them makes me happy. Don’t tell anyone, but I’ve been known to stroke my shoes.

She says I attract chaos like Uri Gellar bends spoons, it’s
Rob
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-on-amazon
I don’t know where to start with reviewing this book!! I devoured it in one sitting. It was one of those books that got me thinking all the way through it.

Would Lauren succumb to the charms of nerdy teacher, but secret stud, Seb? Would Niall be bowled over by the mysterious Bettina? Would Monique batter Bettina?! Who is behind the vendetta to ruin Lauren? What the hell is wrong with Niall, not to want to have a bit of rumpy pumpy with his wife?

I did have to laugh when Lauren tried to spice up th
Lynda Kelly
Nov 23, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: deleted
Blimey, up to page 35 and already there were 9 mistakes and I'm in no way prepared to wade through a further 300 in that mess....not a hope !!
She's hopeless with both apostrophes and commas in that she either puts them where they're not supposed to be or drops them altogether. She also uses capital letters really randomly and mostly needlessly.
Doctors should be doctor's, Medical Student doesn't need capital letters and neither does Head Teacher, although further on she writes Head teacher..and L
Shelly
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Not what I expected stars.

It was definitely a riveting read that had me on the edge of my seat until the last page. It was almost like a game of clue trying to figure out who everyone really was and what they had been responsible for.

I am having a difficult time with writing this review because I don't want to give too much away because that would take away from the story. So I'm just going to say this, if you like a good suspense to keep you flying through the pages I would definitely recomm
booklover
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
wow,,,,,,,In this book the saying "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" really if fitting. You think you know someone you think they can be trusted with yours or your families life but how wrong can you be !!!!
Amazing twist in this book and just when you think you know who the one behind all of the things happening in Laurens life booooooooom you are proven wrong !!!
Loved it yet another amazing book by an amazing author !!
Kelsey's Korner Blog
Sep 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Underneath felt to me like a piece of great British history. It makes a refreshing change reading a book from my home country therefore I enjoyed all the familiar sounding places. I pictured in my mind exactly where she was, be it at the cinema, the shopping mall or sitting in a cosy coffee shop. This all added to my reading experience and put a smile on my face.

The characters were well thought out and they could have been anyone standing at my own local school gates. The descriptions were excel
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
Well if you’re expecting a smexy read from the pen of Andie you won’t be disappointed but not only will you get a smexy read you’re gonna get a whole bucket load more.

Crikey I wish my co-reviewer had warned me that I wasn’t about to sit and read some generic Adult Contemporary romance and that in fact I was going to be reading a book choc full of great characters, sexy schmexy indeedy AND a tad thrillerish as well!

Bravo! Bloody hell this book is good! Do you want to get into the heads of some ev
Bloggers From Down Under
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
*** ARC received on behalf of the author for an honest review ***

Meet Lauren. Married to Niall and one son, Joe. Life is good for Lauren, being a stay at home mum to Joe and running a little business from home selling vintage items on eBay.

Her marriage to Niall is like any marriage, pretty solid, but not free from issues.
Her best friend Monique, who Lauren has known for five years is her rock. The one person she can turn too when she needs a friendly ear. Your typical best friend relationship.

Shannon
3.5+*
I won an arc of this book back in December, and finally got around to finishing it. I started it but wasn't hooked right away...I'm not a mother and I didn't have any school drama so it didn't resonate with me at first. But I'm glad I stuck with it, as it was not what I was expecting!
This book is full of twists and turns, friends and enemies...who is who and what is what?!?
Lauren is a mother, housewife, entrepenuer, whose life gets thrown for a major loop when an old highschool nemesis mov
Fiona Wilson
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it

I absolutely loved this book with its many twists and turns. It definitely appealed to me due to the mystery within its pages, as well as the adult themes involved.

Lauren has the ideal life, good friends, a job she loves. But her home life isn't perfect. She feels ignored by her husband regardless of trying to spice things up a little.

Finding herself attracted to another man Lauren tries to deny the feelings she has, and she confides in her best friend. Around this time she also reconnects with
CharmaineW
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow. What an absolutely brilliant thought out story. Lauren is married to Niall and have a son Joe. It revolves around her and her friends, new and old. Life's ups and downs. A plot so intriguing and involved, it draws you in like a spider in a Web. As for sexy Seb, the geeky teacher, phew, I will have him any day. A story about him would be good. This is one fantastic read and has to be read to appreciate all the plots and twists. So enjoyed it. ...more
Coco.V
May 24, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/24/2020)! 🎁
Kim Sutton
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m kicking myself for not reading this book before! If you like twisty suspense stories this is the book for you!
I love Dark Andie! Five stars!
Wendy Del Toro
May 28, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Everything about this story is recycled and stale. How do these books keep getting published?? The villain was super obvious as it's been a regular cliche in a zillion stories. I was waiting for perhaps a big twist at the end, but nope. Super cheesy, trite, stale. Nothing more to say. ...more
Louise White
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*****Review for Passionate Page Turner*******
Arc received for an honest review

What I enjoyed about this book is how relatable the characters were. The story is set in England and the main female character could be true of any 30 something stay at home mum with a bit too much time on her hands. Having time to go and catch up with friends, have a gossip and shop and be back in time to pick your child up from school and cook dinner. Lauren wasn't a domestic goddess and had times where she settled
Lisa
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Full of suspense and action, just the way I like it and you still get the trademark Andie M Long curveballs thrown in to keep you off balance. I loved this book as there was plenty of time to build up to the trigger point and plenty of time to explore the mundane nature of family life. It is a slow burner but I loved this element of it. It gave Andie M Long the opportunity to fully show her writing prowess.

The routine of family life can at times seem mundane and this is certainly the case for L
Julie Kirby
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, if you're after an 'who done it' this could be it.

Admittedly it was a slow started but the more you read on, the more pulled in you got.

I certainly did not see who the perpetrator was, Andie has you believing it was Bettina from the start.

I liked Lo, she was quite funny, and I'm sure a lot of people want a life similar, a stay at home Mum, with something to keep the old grey matter ticking and earning some extra cash to boot.

Niall, stuck in his ways, had taken Lo for granted and their marr
Beatriz Perez
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! What a suspenseful ride!!

In the past few months, I've come to love Andie's writing. I first read her Alphabet series and was in love with the suspenseful story!! But this one is cray cray suspenseful in a whole other level!! It was quite the roller coaster ride!!

The book is well written. The characters in this book are relatable and they seem real. This story has a bit of everything, humor, suspense and a touch of reality. This book is definitely more on the suspense side, but I couldn't
Samaris Creech
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Be careful what you wish for and keep your friends close and your enemies closer are both sayings we have all heard in our lifetimes but never have either of these sayings been more true than in the case of Laurie Lewyl. To most Laurie seems to have the perfect life a husband who provides for the family a wonderful child and she has her own side business on the side as well. However like most Laurie feels like something is lacking in her life. Her sex life has dwindled and she feels like there i ...more
Lisa
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I obtained this book by doing a book swap at a signing with the author in Peterborough. I hadn't heard of her before looking into the other signing authors and although we had struck up a friendly online connection I hadn't had the time to look too closely into her writing. I only had one book in print, but Andie had more than that so I had simply said she choose which to give me.

Reading the blurb I was expecting it to be a lust filled tale filled with will they won't they moments mixed with som
Shaunna Armstrong
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lauren is in what seems like a dead marriage. Her husband Niall just wants to watch TV, work, and ignore her. Lauren is a stay at home mom to her and Niall's only child, a son named Joe. She also runs a small store on ebay selling vintage items she finds and fixes up. Things start to turn ugly when an old classmate returns to town. Bettina who just got divorced comes home to be near her mother, and to get her and her son Tyler as far away from her ex as possible. Danny, Bettina's ex husband is a ...more
V.L.
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was entirely different to the authors' other works, in the sense of, it wasn't erotic.

Andie did an amazing job at portraying what many married couples experience: the lack of an active and healthy sex-life due to a child, and a few insecurities along the way.

I have to say, I did feel rather guilty that I was sitting on the edge of my seat, hoping with every fiber of my being that Seb got some action, knowing full well that Lauren is married, but, what do you expect when your husband sh
Joanna Brocklehurst smith
Really enjoyed this book, but it did take me a little while to get into it. It looks at what happens when a housewife and mother seemingly becomes bored with life. She spends time with her close friend, shops and runs a small at home ebay business.
This keeps her content up until she not only starts chatting with her former school mate who convinces her to join the schools fayre organisers. This is where she meets the man who is to be teaching her son after the summer.
Emotions run high, until in
Karen Shortridge
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is a story of a couple who have a comfortable life so your wondering what makes this a great read. Well Lauren is bored, too much time on her hands even though she has a loving husband, a son, she has a little business she runs online, she goes for coffee and shopping with her friend. Then her life changes she meets her son's soon to be teacher he's nerdy but he flirts with her and makes her feel again, things are stale between her and her husband, a girl from school comes back to the area ...more
Mary
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
WOW! What a crazy twisted tale of love and revenge. Lauren seems to have the idyllic life – happy marriage, son and an Ebay business that she loves but it feels empty. She and Niall have a life of comfort and acceptance, the spark has faded. Her best friend Monica is the wild child, doesn't want to settle down and always pushes Lauren to change her world. When an old acquaintance from childhood comes back into Lauren's life, strange things start to happen. Is Bettina out to right some old hurts ...more
Sue McQuaide Kitt
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-review
This is my first but not last book by this author.
Underneath seems to have it all, affairs, jealousy, revenge, betrayal, secrets, back stabbing, drama and more.
There are a mixture of strong and weak characters and some I didn’t like very much. Seb in particular didn’t appeal to me with his crude mannerism and in real life would probably have gotten a back hander from me if he used all those sexual innuendos to me as a married woman and was surprised with Lauren for accepting them. I found each c
Helen Stothard
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved the suspense in this story. I honestly didn't know how to feel about Lauren at times. Part of me sympathised with her, but the more you read, the more you realise that perhaps she has some part to play in how she's come to feel. This book has suspense, temptation, and humour. When you're presented with conflicting evidence who do you believe? At one point I wanted to shout out at Lauren to change the path she was on, but who knows how any of us would react in similar circumstances. Very ...more
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book I could not put it down once i started Totally different from the Authors first books but it was one hell of a ride it keeps you guessing till the end and it just shows that we can't always trust those who you think you can trust such a gripping story from start to finish and it is such true to what married couples do go through i loved Seb though and if she hadn't been married i think she should have been with him but she knew what she was wanting was wrong and glad s ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Rosemary Run Series: Books 1-5
  • Pretty Killer
  • What She Forgot
  • Left For Dead (Morecambe Bay Trilogy, #1)
  • Time to Run
  • A Mother's Lie (The Secrets of Suburbia, #1)
  • My Wife's Husband
  • Death is in the Details (Paynes Creek, #1)
  • Take a Number (Jeri Howard Mystery, #3)
  • Behind The Pretty Pink Door
  • The Girl in the Woods
  • Perfect Obsession
  • The Perfect Mother
  • Dr. Vigilante (Dr. Vigilante, #1)
  • Cold Bath Lane (McBride Vendetta #3)
  • Under Your Skin
  • Secrets We Keep (The Bright Lights, Dark Secrets Collection, #1)
Andie M. Long is the author of multiple titles including the popular Supernatural Dating Agency series.

When not writing, or editing for other authors, she spends her time drinking coffee and eating far too many Toblerones. She adores her whippet, Bella, and is tormented frequently by her OH and her teenage son.

She adores the book community, chatting with likeminded people who don't roll their eyes

News & Interviews