Start by marking “One To Tell The Grandkids” as Want to Read:
One To Tell The Grandkids

One To Tell The Grandkids

Since she was a teenager, Taryn Sato skirted the edge of disastrous decisions. When she found herself pregnant after a one night stand with a complete stranger, she knew she was giving her family an opportunity to say “I told you so.”

Caleb Ryder was more of a big brother than best friend to Slate McKenzie. When Slate found out he was going to be a father, Caleb promised to
Published July 27th 2014

To ask other readers questions about One To Tell The Grandkids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One To Tell The Grandkids

Start your review of One To Tell The Grandkids
UltraMeital
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
I did it again, now, didn't I? I sat for about 6 hours without moving (a lot...) having one short break (to eat something..) and returning back to my reading. I went to sleep at almost 4 a.m. with a huge smile on my face but with a nagging feeling that devouring this book in one day means its over. It's done. I read it and the beautiful thing that it was is now behind me. Who knows when Kristina will publish the next one, ha?

That's the thing, you know, when you read a book which is SUCH a JOY t
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So what if I was lucky enough to be a part of this book’s “birthing” process? So what if I was lucky enough to comment and object and say “I don’t get it” while Kris was writing? (to be quite honest, watching her write is quite the experience, especially when you’re impatient for more and she NEEDS to go to Disneyland)

I’m sidetracking myself, so I’ll just give you my impression of this story.

I think it’s not necessary that I give you my version of the plot, so I’ll get right to business.

When you
Heather
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
While I was reading Duplicity one of my friends began raving about this book titled "One to Tell The Grandkids". She said it was the "sweetest, realist, most romantic book EVER". I was intrigued.

So I asked who the author was. Turns out it was Kristina Sanchez, and since I was already reading one of her books and was completely enmeshed in it I knew this book would be fantastic and I was right!

Lotta
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read this book in one day. I should have been working, but I couldn't stop reading. It is a lovely modern romance, just as I expected from this author. I also find the cover very pretty. ...more
Sm
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
quick read
interesting main and secondary characters
not the usual romance angst (view spoiler)

"We'll be a patchwork quilt family - a little piece of all of us to bring this kid up right."

i'm usually not a fan of surprise pregnanci
Lisa-Marie Taylor
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
He leaned in so close, his nose almost brushed hers. “And the fact you’ve done bad things in your life doesn’t mean the good things you do are meaningless. It means the world to me.”

I love how Kristina M Sanchez writes.. The stories she tells are never the 'usual' , it's always some twisty, angsty situation.. And this one... Well, when Taryn winds up pregnant from a one night stand she can't remember and goes in search of the father.. When she finds him the book totally doesn't go the way you th
Sherri Morris
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Not for Springer

The Springer show always had fistfight. Sure, there was the who is sleeping with who, but never handled with the maturity of Mz Sanchez characters. Tayrn does something stupid that is going to affect her the rest of her life. She's not the first to have made a mistake. She's not the first to make this mistake. Unlike many young women though, she really is in a good place in life for this to happen. She has a job she loves, family that loves her, and very supportive friends.
Sydney Taylor
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One to tell your friends about

I absolutely adored this story. One to tell the Grandkids isn't just some twisty baby-daddy romance tale, Kristina Sanchez tells the truths. Taryn makes mistakes. She's messed up big-time, and she's done it all over again. Her life isn't perfect, and neither are her friends or family. She has her patchwork family; her friends who would go great lengths to make sure she's happy. Her brother is a jerk, and her parents are rowdy and a little overbearing, but they care
Musette Blanchard
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with OtTtG faster than I could imagine.
The loneliness of Taryn's inner monologues whilst performing her job, the awkwardness of the situation she got herself into, Slate's easy going and, last but not least Caleb's propensity for self flagellation that nearly drove me mad... And all around Kristina woven her net with fascinating side characters: Taryn's family, her witty friends, Caleb's family's angsty relationship.
It is an amazing tale of finding love in the most unexpected way
Anna
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! The plot, the feelings are wow. I've cried so much with it and that makes it a memorable one in my eyes. Family and sisterly bond are wonderfully portrayed. If you are looking for a story that would take you over a rollercoaster of emotions, struggling, witty remarks and original names this is your story. I recommend it :D ...more
Stephanie
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-horde, ebooks
After being a huge fan of the author's fanfiction, I decided to check out her original characters. I was not disappointed. Her characters were well-developed and the storyline was engaging. I grew to love this little patchwork familly and my only complaint was I want more! ...more
Jess Brown
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love this author and as usual, she delivered a complex, intriguing plot and interesting characters.

I adore Caleb. I definitely rooted for him. He kind of stole the book.

Looking forward to more from Kristina Sanchez!
Rose helg
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good Book

This was a good book. It made me sad at one point, but it made you laugh a lot too.
julie morse
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Loved the whole book, but the ending especially. Can't wait to read more from this author. Maybe a sequel to this one..
Mikayla
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute story. The writing was well written. They story flowed and I liked all the different parts of it. It was a differ t sorry. It cute. I loved that they called the baby patch.
Denise
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book. Modern day family. It really was the best example of how love comes in many forms. This is a book that I will read again. And will recommend to everyone.
Victoria
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Julia
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love everything she writes. All of her emotions seem so true.
Bree
Sep 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Room 4 Rent
  • A Very Bossy Christmas
  • Santa Baby Maybe (Kane Christmas #2)
  • Baby & Bump (This & That #1)
  • One Percent of You
  • Caught in the Act (Unexpected, #1)
  • Best Friends Don't Kiss
  • Scrooged
  • Nine Minutes Later
  • Saddle Up (Ryker Ranch, #1)
  • Bad Love (Modern Romance #2)
  • Pawn (The Pawn Duet, #2)
  • Ugly Sweater Weather
  • Jingle Lady (All My Jingle Ladies #1)
  • The Office Party
  • My Fake Christmas Fiancé (Kane Christmas #1)
  • How My Brother's Best Friend Stole Christmas (Kane Christmas, #3)
  • Before You Ghost
Kristina M. Sanchez is an Orange County California native. She currently resides down the street from Disneyland and is the mother of two pain in the behind cats.