Start by marking “Her Every Wish (The Worth Saga #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Her Every Wish (The Worth Saga #1.5)

Her Every Wish

(The Worth Saga #1.5)

Crash has never let the circumstances of his birth, or his lack of a last name, bother him. His associations may be unsavory, but money, friends, and infamy open far more interesting doors than respect ever could. His sole regret? Once lovely, sweet Daisy Whitlaw learned the truth about how he made his fortune, she cut him off.

Daisy’s father is dead, her mother is in ill h
Published March 29th 2016

sraxe
“Come to my side,” he murmured. “We have baked goods and tea.”

“That’s a terrible argument. The side of proper English morality also has pastries and tea. They practically invented it.”

“They stole the tea, and they certainly never baked the biscuits. In addition, I know fifteen ways to give a woman an orgasm.”

Daisy choked.

“Which is rather antithetical to their position. So which do you prefer, Daisy. Pastries and tea? Or pastries, tea, and, orgasms?”

I loved this book. (Which is suuuuuch a surpris
Daniella
Mar 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Buddy read with the amazing sraxe! Thank you for putting up with my overly dramatic comments, dear.

Before I start talking about my experience with this novella, I encourage you guys to read the reviews that my pals sraxe and Nenia wrote (links are at the bottom). They both gave this 5 stars, and have some amazing insights that I think are worth sharing.

Okay. On to the review.

Her Every Wish solidified my love for Courtney Milan. I won't even be surprised if someone told me that she could walk on
Jill
Apr 23, 2016 rated it liked it

Daisy Whitlaw is determined to improve her lot in life for herself and her ill mother. With a fifty pound charity bequest up for grabs to the most promising business, Daisy gamely enters her proposal for Daisy's Emporium of Handpicked Goods. When her confidence in her idea starts to ebb, her friend, Crash comes to her rescue. Crash, no stranger to promising business ideas, is keen to start up his own, selling and maintaining velocipedes.

Set in Bristol, England 1866, this novella is the
Anya (~on a semi-hiatus~)
“There’s something I’ve learned in the last few weeks. When you feel yourself on the verge of falling, you need to go faster. To not apologize for who you are, what you have come from. Apologies sound like excuses. You’re brilliant, Judith, and kind, and funny, and anyone who does not like you is unworthy of you.”

“Easy to say.”

“I know.” Daisy looked at her friend. “But has giving a damn about them changed how they react to you?”

“No.”

“Then why bother giving one?”

Consider this read a prelude to Li
Sissy's Romance Book Review
I received an eARC, from NetGalley and the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.
'Her Every Wish' by Courtney Milan is 1.5 in the "The Worth Sagabook" It is the story of Daisy Whitlaw and Crash. I really felt it was a 3.5 star but didn't have that option here. This a Novella so it is a short..emotional read. I really was frustrated with Crash and some of his actions/words. But I love Ms. Milan writing and just having her name on this book makes me love it... not to mention she always has s
Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin* by: sraxe
This is my second Courtney Milan. I had thought she wasn't an author for me, since I didn't much care for The Duchess War, but I'm happy to report I enjoyed this one!

While I did feel Crash and Daisy slipped a little too quickly into easy, playful banter after "hating" each other for months, the rest of the book was really good. It was a heartwarming romance, and I lurrrvvveed the emotional upheaval I experienced around 55-56%. Yes, I was misty-eyed.

I'll definitely be checking out more Milan in t
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker
Natalie
This time, you don't waver You don't stop. You don't apologize. You believe that you're right, that you can win, that you deserve it. And you don't let up."

I CRIED READING THIS ON THE TRAIN ON THE WAY HOME FROM WORK.

COURTNEY MILAN IS EVERYTHING. POC HERO THAT IS ADORABLE AND GREAT AND FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN WOMEN AND BELIEVING WOMEN CAN SUCCEED AND WOMEN ARE NOT WORTHLESS AND WORTH MORE THAN THEIR BEAUTY THANK YOU COURTNEY!!!!
Caz
I've given this an A for narration and a B for content at AudioGals.

As was the case with Once Upon a Marquess, the book in Courtney Milan’s new Worth Saga that precedes this novella, reactions to Her Every Wish have been mixed. That said, I found it to be more cohesive in many ways than the novel. Because of the shorter format, the storyline is simpler and less complex – not that there aren’t complexities, because there are – but with fewer characters and fewer obvious foibles, there is more r
Keri
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars. Crash and Daisy had a past, but Daisy is over that. Now her focus is winning the local contest where the winner gets 50 pounds to start up a business. The rules don't say that is for strictly for men, so Daisy slips in on that loophole and dreams of Daisy's Emporium. Of course Daisy is jeered at and worse at times. Crash has come back into her life in order to help Daisy win. She thinks he has bets going against her winning the contest and trying to pad the outcome, but he has a whole ...more
Beanbag Love
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nice story. I like that it's not about the aristocracy or anyone incredibly wealthy. I really hope we see these characters in the next book. I want to know how they're doing with their ventures.

More in depth review may come later.
Obsidian
Jul 01, 2016 rated it liked it

Though I wasn't blown away by the first book in "The Worth Saga" I really did enjoy this novella. This focuses on Daisy (best friends with Judith Worth from "Once Upon a Marquess") and Crash.

Daisy is still blown away by the fact that her former neighbor and friend Judith is now married to a marquess. Daisy feels weird stepping foot in Judith's world, but wants to do what she can in order to provide for herself and her mother. Daisy then joins a contest, in which the best business idea wins. Afte
Ash
Aug 18, 2014 rated it liked it
3.75 stars.
3.5 for the story and an extra .25 for the writing.
The writing as usual is exquisite
As a story I enjoyed this, I liked reading about Daisy's journey and her eventual triumph as a romance however it falls a little short. I never connected with them as a couple, never felt the emotion and the romamce didn't seem as fully fleshed out as those in Courtney Milans's other books.
Full disclosure: I judge Courtney Milan books more harshly than those penned by mere mortals
Lo
the sort of book everyone needs in their life imo. ilu courtney
G.
Apr 01, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5/5

I would've loved seeing these characters in a full-length novel.

steph
I read this a few days ago and as such, don't recall much. I do remember that overall I felt it was cute and I liked the whole "chase your dreams" theme but I also felt that for a historical novel, there were a lot of current day themes in it. Sometimes it felt like 2018 characters talking (I'm not sure if that makes sense, I wish I could recall exact examples but I do recall a few moments when reading when I thought it sounded too modern and forward thinking for that time period).

Still good tho
Nenia ☠️ Khaleesi of Bodice Rippers, Protector of Out of Print Gems, Mother of Smut, and Actual Garbage Can ☠️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

This is a wonderful, redeeming love story for anyone who has ever felt like they were somehow less because of their gender, sexuality, ethnicity - or any other factor that they couldn't control.

Daisy Whitlaw is poor. She lives alone with her sick mother, struggling to make ends meet for the two of them. Her current pipe dream is the idea of starting her own store, Daisy's Emporium. But when she enters a contest in the newspaper for a busine
Laura (Kyahgirl)
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
4/5; 4 stars; A-
Courtney Milan’s talent really shines in her novellas. This short, intense story about Daisy, who we met in book 1, is appealing because most of the characters are those who usually play bit parts in historical romance stories. So we get some glimpses into lives outside of those who live with wealth and influence. I really like how Milan weaves social commentary into her stories without preaching.
Danielle
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Six months ago, Daisy and Crash were in love. Then, minutes after the first physical act, it all fell to pieces. Now Crash, a charming and genial scoundrel, is trying to turn legit with London's first velocipede shop and Daisy, the poor flower girl best friend from Judith's book, has entered to win a 50 pound prize at the local parish to open an emporium of women's goods.

You don't see a lot of historical romances from the POV of England's lower class of the Victorian era, and the reason is it's
Sheila Melo
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story of a Woman Finding Her Own Power with a a Little Romance Thrown in

FINAL DECISION: A fascinating story of a woman breaking the mold that society and to a large extent herself. A story of second chances and breaking the mold, this story which is about "regular" people provides a viewpoint often not seen in historical romances. The romance is not the primary focus of the story but rather the heroine's personal journey.

THE STORY: Daisy Witlaw has dreams of being more than a flower shopgirl and
Julia ♥Duncan♥
Reasons why people should read this book:

* The hero is NOT white.
* The hero and heroine are NOT upper class, nor does some magical event bestow them with riches and titles.
* Mistakes are made. SO ARE APOLOGIES. #CommunicationFTW
* The hero is bisexual. I mean, it's a historical so it isn't explicitly stated, but that's how I read it. OMG DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I HAVE WANTED THIS? I have been longing for a convincing M/F romance with a bisexual hero.
* The heroine has her own agency and her own drea
Liv
RIP IN PIECES I CRIED SO HARD WHY IS MILAN LIKE THIS
OLT
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it
(3.5 stars) Is riding a velocipede a metaphor for life? "Don't stop. Don't waver. Don't let fear stop you. Don't lose your nerve. Do not falter. Go faster." And I'd suppose one more important part of this advice is: If you fall down, get back up/on. All this works for bike riding and for living.

Milan is our champion at HR novella writing. In just a few pages she gets her plots, which can be intricate, tightly developed and her characters deeply drawn. I don't know another HR author who can even
Shawna  Wood (A Girl and Her Books)
*****2.5 star*****

Courtney Milan is one of favorite historical romance authors. I have read everything she has written and was excited when Her Every Wish was released. It pains me to say that this book was only ok for me. While it had a great strong heroine, the romance just fell flat to me.

Daisy Whitlaw has had a rough life, but she never stopped dreaming. Daisy is forced into poverty when she is left penniless after her father dies and must care for her ill mother. Through it all Daisy dream
Amanda
“She could win. She would win. She wasn’t going to apologize for her existence. She didn’t need to be forgiven for her ambition. She wasn’t going to pretend she didn’t matter to assuage their fears.
Let them throw their rotten produce. Let them tell her she was nothing. Let them call her selfish for wanting the same chance as any man. Daisy didn’t care; she was going to win.”

The whole time I was reading this, I kept on picturing Frederica Marshall shouting, ‘Huzzah, huzzah, HUZZAH!’. A
namericanwordcat
The story is compelling. I am always thrilled to read a non upper class historical. The women's rights issues here are handled well. I love the class negotiations between the two friends one of which who has moved up classes.

The hero is a great charming survivalist and the heroine has grit. The secondary characters are wonderful as well. The romance is touch but the lack of communication and trust makes this book less than it could be even if those issues are character based. They needed to res
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
Ah, Courtney Milan back in her sweet spot! Geeky women and interracial marriages in the age of Regency Romance! It's just super nice to read Regency Romance about regular people, rather than dukes and ladies.
Sarah Newman
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Just delightful. Daisy and Crash are fabulous characters.
Sophie
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
He leaned his head down to her. "Daisy. We shouldn't."

She laughed. "Who are you," she said, "and what have you done with my Crash? You sound like someone who cares about such things as propriety and manners. We should, and you know it."

They should.

He knew it.

Oh, I liked this so much! Crash is a fantastic character, and once I read his backstory, I wanted a whole series of books about his family. And yay for PoC rep in Victorian romance! He's also bisexual, which... I would also read a series of
Tracy DeNeal
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Daisy and Crash

Misunderstanding and requited love abound in this lovely novella.

Insecurity and societal disdain combine to create a rocky road for the two protagonists, yet love and ambition prevail.

I loved it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Giselle's Random ...: Her Every Wish by Courtney Milan 2 7 Feb 28, 2018 10:08AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jan 10, 2016 06:46PM

• Sweetest Regret
  • True Pretenses (Lively St. Lemeston Book 2)
  • Be Not Afraid
  • A Gentleman Undone (Blackshear Family, #2)
  • The Perilous Life of Jade Yeo
  • A Match Made in Mistletoe
  • Three Weddings and a Murder
  • Once Upon a Maiden Lane (Maiden Lane, #12.5)
  • A Lady's Guide to Skirting Scandal (The Lords of Worth, #2.5)
  • Six Degrees of Scandal (Scandalous, #4)
  • Royally Ever After
  • My Beautiful Enemy (The Heart of Blade Duology #2)
Courtney Milan’s books have received starred reviews in Publishers Weekly and Booklist. She is a New York Times and a USA Today Bestseller and a RITA® winner.

Courtney lives in the Rocky Mountains with her husband, an exceptionally perfect dog, and an attack cat.

Before she started writing historical romance, Courtney got a graduate degree in theoretical physical chemistry from UC Berkeley. After th

The Worth Saga (7 books)
  • Once Upon a Marquess (The Worth Saga #1)
  • After the Wedding (The Worth Saga #2)
  • The Devil Comes Courting (The Worth Saga #3)
  • The Return of the Scoundrel (The Worth Saga, #4)
  • The Kissing Hour (The Worth Saga, #5)
  • A Tale of Two Viscounts (The Worth Saga, #6)
  • The Once and Future Earl (The Worth Saga, #7)