Start by marking “Dubiosity (Cape Thomas #1)” as Want to Read:
Dubiosity (Cape Thomas #1)

Dubiosity

(Cape Thomas #1)

Savannah Harris vowed to leave behind her old life as an intrepid investigative reporter. But when a friend raises suspicions about two migrant workers who’ve gone missing from the sleepy coastal town Savannah calls home, her curiosity spikes.

As ever more eerie incidents begin afflicting the area, each works to draw Savannah out of her seclusion and raise the stakes—for bo
Published January 13th 2015 by Waterfall Press

To ask other readers questions about Dubiosity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dubiosity

Start your review of Dubiosity (Cape Thomas #1)
Sue

This was a Christian Mystery Thriller.

I have read Christian author books, Amish that kind of thing, in the past but never a Thriller.

This was very much an enjoyable read for me. Unexpectedly I sat here this afternoon chilling out and found myself suddenly at the end of the book. Its not that its short, it just took me by surprise that I would love it so much so I stuck with it.

I have never read anything by this author before, she is new to me, so I will be looking her other books up.

This is a 'c
Angie
Jan 09, 2015 rated it liked it
If you're fed up with all the sex and profane language in today's suspense fiction, Dubiosity is certainly the book for you. This is honestly scary as we partake in the thoughts of the man stalking our heroine, and suspenseful as we follow her knowing that she's in peril. She's a former pastor's wife who's lost her faith, and has also been an investigative reporter.

She rents out a building to a mysterious newcomer who has an agenda and also issues of his own. The two of them become interested in
Angela
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Barritt rocks at setting up the suspense in Dubiosity. I was on the edge of my seat the whole ride.

Savannah is taking a break, grieving a personal loss, but she can't let go of the investigative reporter side of herself. Add Clive, the mysterious newcomer who needs a place to stay, and we've got amateur sleuthing in the making.

But the mystery is no joke. Migrant workers are disappearing - and dying. Savannah and Clive come at the crimes separately, but their investigations bring them to the sa
Joann
When I downloaded this book I had no idea that it was part of a series "Cape Thomas" but it did bring back some great memories of our trips to Ocean City, Md. We went through this area which is flat and dotted with farms that do produce a lot of different fruits and veggies and I would image they would indeed need migrant workers. This takes place in a small town by the Eastern Shore. This was an audible and also classified as a Christian book which means there wasn't a nasty word throughout the ...more
Lisa Johnson
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Title: Dubiosity
Author: Christy Barritt
Pages: 325
year: 2015
Publisher: Waterfall Press
My rating 5 out of 5 stars.
The main two characters in the book it seemed to me were Savannah and Clive. Neither are willing to open up to others about who they really are and why they are in a small town. Savannah came to hide and pay penance for what she believed was her fault. No one knows that except her good friend Marty. Marty is a unique woman who loves conspiracy theories and caring for migrant workers an
Anna Hurtt
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a ride! I've been a fan of Christy Barritt for years and her newest novel doesn't disappoint!

This inspirational read is an equal mix of mystery and romantic suspense. It seems like everybody has a secret. Oh, and there's a psychotic stalker/killer on the loose. The author did a great job by keeping you guessing who the bad guy was through the entire book. The tension was sky-high.

I loved the characters, especially the hero and heroine. They both had to overcome obstacles to reach their
Melissa
OK story.

Kinda hard for me to slog through. The premiss was exciting and I was geared up for a great read, then things slowed way down. I’m sure others will enjoy it more than I did!
Deon
I read this on #KindleUnlimited
April K. Groover
Good story, too much God

I liked the story and the mystery but, I don't want to be preached to about God. If I wanted that, I would go to church or read a book about religion/God. I would keep reading her novels, but I'm afraid to have to hear her characters drone on and on about how important God is.
Chautona Havig
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Christy Barritt has a winner here. I love suspense and mystery, so I expected to like this book. Considering my husband is a huge fan of Ms. Barritt's work, I had high hopes for a well-crafted story.

She didn't fail.

Dubiosity combines multiple plots in a seamless, flawless story of secrets, murder, and a twisted mind behind it all.

I'm one of those obnoxious people who usually doesn't make it through half the book before I figure out who did what and usually why. So, when I find a book that not
Rachel
Read my full review at http://smilingbookreviews.blogspot.co...

Christy Barritt is an awesome mystery writer and I've enjoyed other books I've read by her so my expectations for this book were high. It didn't disappoint! There was no lack of suspense and action with this book - it was great!

Dubiosity. Definition: doubt, uncertainty.
(I loved the way the author used words and definitions in this book. It was different and cool. I also love the cover!)

I really liked both of the main characters and
Emilie Haney
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Curiosity is a weakness for Savannah Harris. She may have pushed it down due to events dealing with her past as an investigative reporter, but when her friend points out the disappearance of migrant coastal workers, she can't ignore the pull. She has to find out what's going on.

Clive Miller has his own secrets. He's able to convince Savannah to let him rent a guest house on her property, but he's decidedly vague about the rest of his life.

The question remains: will Savannah discover the reason
Julia Lance
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Christy Barritt does it again! This book does not disappoint! It is a page turner I didn’t want to put down. IT IS A MUST BUY! It’s a little creepy, yet, adventurous and exciting! Savannah’s story is so sad and I wanted so badly for things to work out for her. It is creepy to know that people can watch you like that without your knowledge but I know it happens. Even after all Savannah had been through in her past she was able to pull from her ‘old self’ and become the investigative reporter she ...more
Cathe Swanson
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I listened this audiobook through the Kindle Unlimited program. Actually, I listened to all three books in the series, and they were all great. I enjoyed Christy Barritt's earlier books, especially the Squeaky Clean series, but this new series is even better. Ms. Barritt's writing has matured from "entertaining" to "enthralling." ...more
Cathy
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent book! Christy is really good at creating suspense and building it slowly but not too slowly. I had to put this down last night I was actually getting a little scared. The ending surprised me which is a great thing. Get this book!!
Ashley Dawn
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Trust is always an issue. Savannah has been living a life where she just sorta exists. Then she is called to the beside of a dying man and he tells her he has been murdered. Since she was previously a reporter, this catches her interest. Still, she is just going to ask a few questions. Things happen quickly and events happen that pull her into the drama quicker than she ever expected.
She doesn't believe what the 'evidence' suggests about her best friend. She unintentionally took on a renter, Cli
Cynthia Houser
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dubiosity

This is an excellent book! I love to read mystery, crime drama books. All to often those type of books are filled with vulgar language and sex. Christy' s writing is fabulous and proves that great mystery, crime drama books can be written without using trash. Thank you, Christy. I love this genre, but don't always read it. I look forward to reading more of your books.
The characters in the book are well developed and engaging. I didn't want to put this book down. It was nice that Savann
Carrie
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
Dubiosity. Definition: doubt, uncertainty.

It is also the name of Christy Barritt's novel which is published by Waterfall Press.

Savannah Harris is an ex-investigative journalist and ex-pastor's wife who is presently working as a textbook editor. She is filled with doubt in many areas of her life because of the tragedy that resulted from digging too deeply into secrets that certain people wanted to keep hidden. As a result, she lost her baby daughter, her husband, her journalistic fervor, and her
Stacy M. Patton
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense-mystery
3.5 stars. This was my first book by Christy Barritt. After reading the description, I wasn’t sure if I would enjoy this book. I do love suspense and mystery and it was a “free” book on Kindle Unlimited so I decided to go for it. It was an enjoyable read although the bad guy was kind of obvious pretty early on. Although I have to admit that I thought he was only involved and not the main perpetrator. So she did trick me there. Overall, it was a good read but not one of my favorites. However I am ...more
Megan Byrd
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books-read
Savannah Harris is a former journalist who moved to Cape Thomas after the tragic deaths of her husband and daughter. She quit her job to try to alleviate feelings of guilt over their murders. When questions are raised about the death of a migrant worker and two other who went missing, Savannah feels her reporter instincts reawaken. After her best friend appears to have attempted suicide Savannah is fully invested in figuring out what's going on and protecting the people of Cape Thomas.

An intrigu
Ken Grant
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Solid story that kept me guessing till the end. Having multiple offenders gave the story both complexity and sometimes a bit of confusion. The book did feel rather claustrophobic at times with everything happening among a very small group of people. The number of interwoven people and experiences did at times strain credulity. Still, it is an enjoyable read and the characters stand up as real and meaty. I hope the series opens up some without losing the personal struggles that make the story wor ...more
Ellen White
Aug 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Landon who is this man who is persistent in wanting to date Savannah.
His migrant workers living in deplorable snacks, yet can donate ten thousand for a cause. On an impulse she ran an ad to rent out the carriage house. A man came to rent in during harvest time. Wanting it for six months if she would let him rent. What was his real motive for being in this little coastal town.
A migrant worker last words still haunt her, was it the reporter blood in her, wanting to investigate. Good tense plot, y
Kendall L. Mann
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspensfu enough to keep you reading all night or jumping to the last page.

Savannah has be hiding from life since the tragic death of her husband and daughter. She is sure it was her fault she deserves nothing in life. But her journalism background pulls her into the role she needs. It thrusts her into the life of Jack, who has his own tragic story. Together they find justice, love and redemption.
Rosalyn
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mystery and intrigue.
An investigative reporter, Savannah, running from her past, trying to find a quiet, safe place for home.
A mysterious good looking boarder, who also is trying to escape his past.
Mix in missing migrant workers and then some dead ones, too..
Place this in the beautiful setting of the Chesapeake Bay and you begin to get an idea of the captivating qualities of this book.
This book has lots of action and suspense, you won't want to put it down!
Diahann Frazier
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exciting Read

I really enjoyed following the lives of both Savannah and Clive and seeing how their paths of grief and need for resolution draws them together. I was surprised at who the culprit turned out to be; that was a different spin that I had not considered. Dubiosity was well worth my time, held my interest, and a good read.
Jan Locke
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Satisfying

Another exciting, romantic, touching, edge of your seat story that points to the fact that God loves His children in the midst of their messes. Mrs Barritt is a master at taking flawed, hurting characters & making the reader identify with & cheer for them. I couldn't put it down until I knew who, out of the many choices, was the killer!
Brenda C. McAllister
WOW!!!!

For some reason, it was really hard for me to get into this book. I think maybe it was because it started out on the slow side. But I persevered and I'm glad I did. It really is a good story and I really enjoyed how it went back and forth making you guess who did it until the very last minute.
Sandra Hartzel
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
had a free copy of this book, but this is my voluntary and honest opinion. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I enjoyed the mystery and the twists in the plot. It’s always fun to follow the clues and discover who the “bad’’ guy really is. Christy is great with character development and this book is no different. I enjoyed the seaside setting and the migrant worker connection.
Billie Rayborn
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing read

This was a great book! Characters were well developed and the plot line held so many twists it was NEVER boring! She kept me guessing til the very end and that seldom happens
Ray
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable mystery.

Good read. Enough action to keep me interested and the mystery kept me wondering until the end. Faith journey was a little weak in the overall character development.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Expired Refuge (Last Chance County #1)
  • Dead Silence (Truth Seekers, #2)
  • Dead End (Truth Seekers, #3)
  • Dead Heat (Truth Seekers, #4)
  • Dead Ringer (Truth Seekers, #1)
  • Expired Secrets (Last Chance County #2)
  • Dead Center (Truth Seekers, #5)
  • Dangerous Deceptions
  • Expired Cache (Last Chance County, #3)
  • Dead Even (Truth Seekers, #6)
  • One Day Gone (Mylas Grey Mystery #1)
  • Expired Hero (Last Chance County #4)
  • Not Alone (The Detectives of Hazel Hill #1)
  • Homicide at Blue Heron Lake (Mainely Mysteries Series #1)
  • Ranger Protection (Texas Ranger Heroes #1)
  • Ranger Courage (Texas Ranger Heroes #3)
  • Ranger Redemption (Texas Ranger Heroes #2)
  • Save Me Once (Safe Refuge)
Christy Barritt is an author, freelance writer and speaker who lives in Virginia. She’s married to her Prince Charming, a man who thinks she’s hilarious—but only when she’s not trying to be. Christy’s a self-proclaimed klutz, an avid music lover who’s known for spontaneously bursting into song, and a road trip aficionado. She’s only won one contest in her life—and her prize was kissing a pig (okay ...more

Cape Thomas (3 books)
  • Disillusioned (Cape Thomas #2)
  • Distorted (Cape Thomas #3)

News & Interviews

“Hurts come because we live in a world where God has given men free will. But God is love. A loving father gives his children, once they’re of age, the ability to make their own choices. Our Heavenly Father does the same, and because of that, chaos sometimes ensues.” 2 likes
“I had a friend once who was an art collector,” Clive started. “He said you could tell the real thing from the fakes because of the imperfections. Imitations often looked too perfect. It’s like that in relationships, too, isn’t it?” 0 likes