Start by marking “Still the One (Seven Brides, Seven Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Still the One (Seven Brides, Seven Brothers, #2)

Still the One

(Seven Brides, Seven Brothers #2)

Christian Romance. Seven boys adopted from the foster care system by Alec and Maggie Donahue, a loving Irish couple living in Breeze Point, Cape Cod. Now grown men, the brothers are making their way in the world in their chosen professions, each hoping to find a love to last a lifetime. Faith. Family. Honor. And an abundance of love.

Seven Brides, Seven Brothers series

T
Published July 21st 2014 by Belle Calhoune Books

To ask other readers questions about Still the One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still the One

Start your review of Still the One (Seven Brides, Seven Brothers, #2)
Pamela
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful love story

I loved Tess and Ryder what an awesome couple. This story is so well written that you are drawn in from the first line.
Julie Morales
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
SECOND CHANCE AT LOVE

Tess came from a broken home. She didn't even know who her father was and would be willing to bet her own mother didn't either. She came to Cape Cod to start a new life, but troubles have a way of catching up with you and forcing you to face them eventually.
Ryder had been working with Tess as a paramedic for years. He thought of her as his best friend. When his wife died of cancer, it was Tess who helped pull him back. He could never think of her as anything but a friend. He
Maya
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Belle Calhoune's "Still the One" is the 2nd book of the Seven Brides, Seven Brothers series. A series about an outstanding family, the Donahue's, made up of 7 brothers who were adopted by two kind souls (Alec & Maggie) who saw it as their life's mission to care for these youths who came from rough backgrounds. This book follows the story of Ryder Donahue and Tess Dailey two paramedics who have worked together for years and are now (well Ryder mostly) discovering their love for one another.
I lov
Ellen
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Picking up right where we left off with Blue's wedding, we meet another one of the Donahue boys and see where his past has left him. For Ryder, the pain is far more recent. He lost his first wife, the love of his life, Lena to cancer just four years ago. Unlike Blue he has loving memories of his past, but losing love over and over has made him more than a little hesitant to love again. Tess, his paramedic partner, has always held a flame in her heart for him, but isn't sure she can ever measure ...more
Donna Ransdell
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

You can't help but love the Donahue family and the way they love and support each other. This was a great story of going beyond fear.
Charlie
Writing: 1.75
Dorothy Beer
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Still the one

Interesting story. Liked the characters. AmAzing how the couple did such a great job raising the brothers. Ryder was letting his past losses making him reluctant to admitting feeling for Tess and almost ruined their chances for a happy ever after. Luckily him woke up in time. Gave it 4 stars
Ian Mcnamara
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic, I am in love with the Donahue family. Rhyder and tess are wonderful characters and I'm looking forward to reading about all the others and the people they find.
Pam
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Still the One is book 2 in the Seven Brides Seven Brothers series by Belle Calhoune. The series is a series of romances of the seven Donohue brothers.
Alex and Maggie Donohue had adopted seven little boys who all had emotional problems with being left behind when their parents either left them or died. Alex and Maggie had big hearts and felt there was always room for one more. Ryder was the oldest of the boys and always felt like a peacemaker and hated confrontation which could lead to fighting.
Jennifer Robb
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Christian romance readers
Recommended to Jennifer by: Amazon
This is the second book in this series that I've read, though I don't think I've yet read the first one. The title seems more fitting to Blue and Sarah (who are likely the subjects of book 1 in the series).

I like the Donahue family. I admire that Alec and Maggie adopted older boys and raised them to be capable men. However, I grow weary of the romance plot of two people liking each other but each not wanting to admit to the other (or sometimes even to themselves) that they love each other and s
Jan Mcleod
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
The second book is about Ryder and Tess. Ryder lost his wife to cancer very young, and now is afraid to give his heart to any woman for fear of losing he, too. Tess has been in love with Ryder for over 6 years, but he only thinks of her, family support, trust, and dealing with fear. It is very well-written and the characters are so believable and realistic.
I did find two editing errors, but it did not spoil the story.
Pat
Sweet & Sentimental

This is my second book by Belle Calhoune and, for me, it was truly a great improvement in coherency. (There was only one contradiction this time about her having called someone on her cell then saying she didn't have their number.) However this was a truly touching and lovely romance and will indeed be continuing with this series!
Jessie
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cute

A great clean romance with a little bit of Christianity thrown in there (talk of God, and having faith in Him). I loved Ryder and Tess. It was a perfect in love with her best friend story.

Content: clean (no language, some kissing)
Lisa Dawson
Nov 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Sweet story

I gave this a 3 because it was a solid, sweet story about two friends finding each other but there wasn't much extra. I will keep reading the series because of the sweetness and it's a quick read.
Debbie
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When Ryder lost the love of his life, he decided never to fall in love again. Ryder and Tess are partners at work and best friends. Watching Ryder fight his feelings for Tess is amazing. The Donahue family are beautiful people you will fall in love with. God is working throughout this whole book.
Dianne Abbott
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Readind

This book is just as great as the first! I can't wait to read more in this series. God guides everyone even when not expected. Listening to hearts and prayers even if they don't get answered as quickly as people want them to!
Buffy DuVall
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great series

Love this family and the fun characters they are... filled with Grace, humor, honor and loyalty. Their sense of family and love makes me enjoy getting to know them more.
Mary Beth
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jennyj Jennifer
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Still the One

Sweet, satisfying Christian romance! Deals sensitively with issues of grief, family dysfunction, and sibling relationships. Wonderful, hopeful story. Glad it is a series; am looking forward to reading more about these people!
Rose helg
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Ryder and Tess that a love story. Tess love Ryder for a long time, but his wife died a couple of years ago, and Ryder kiss Tess and he started to have feeling for her, which he try not to. But , after his talk with his dad, he finally admit, he loves her.
James R. Walters
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good adopted children story.

Having adopted children of my own, I enjoy someone else's point of view, even if it is in a story. I really enjoyed the way the author had the character s work togeter
Mary Beth
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Well written, a lovable family with a deep rooted faith, and characters who are trying to overcome some obstacle to get on the path God has set for them. I look forward to reading the entire series!
Karen
Sep 22, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book and would like to read the others in the series. I really liked Tess.

Content: clean - some passionate kissing
Love
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Letting go of fear

We're all afraid or in fear of something but sometimes we have stop being afraid and step out on Faith don't let fear keep you from happiness.
Beth
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great story. Looking forward to Remy's story next.
Kerry
Dec 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, ku
Enjoyable enough, but the sudden change at the end felt a bit too rushed for me.
Mimi Lovell
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religious, series
Very cute and sweet. I picked this book up for free on Amazon, but I will be buying the rest of this series. <3 ...more
Cindy  Anderson Greer
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Clean Romances

This was my second book ever by Bella Calhoune.....what a wonderful Christian Romance writer. Can't wait to read all of the books in this series.
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Still the One

Another great story by Belle Calhoune. I can't wait to read the rest of the books in this series. The plot deals with moving on after the death of a spouse.
Barbara
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Friendship

A beautiful story of friendship blossoming into true love. Ryder has loved and lost twice. He wants to love again but is afraid of being hurt again. Great book!

• Nolan's Vow (Grooms with Honor, #8; Montana Sky)
  • Kiss Me Crazy (Bridgewater County, #6)
  • The Billionaire's Muse
  • Claiming the Highlander (Brotherhood of the Sword #2/MacAllister, #1)
  • Montana Snowfall (McCutcheon Family, #7)
  • Make Me Yours (Bridgewater County #5)
  • Hold Me Close (Bridgewater County #4)
  • Ride Me Dirty (Bridgewater County #1)
  • Master of Desire (Brotherhood of the Sword #1)
  • Take Me Fast (Bridgewater County, #3)
  • Claim Me Hard (Bridgewater County, #2)
  • A Love So Real  (New Hope Falls, #1)
  • Home Is Where the Heart Is (Home to Collingsworth #1)
  • Phoenix Rising, #1-5
  • Their Wayward Bride (Bridgewater Menage, #2)
  • Laced with Fear (Cash Bar #1)
  • Chased with Strength (Cash Bar #2)
  • Blended with Pain (Cash Bar #4)
Belle Calhoune writes heartwarming, inspirational romance novels set in small, cozy towns. Married to her college sweetheart and living in southern Connecticut, she is the mother of two girls. Born and raised in Massachusetts, she is one of five children. Growing up across the street from a public library allowed her to become an avid reader who aspired to be a romance writer. When she isn't writi ...more

Seven Brides, Seven Brothers (7 books)
  • The Way Home (Seven Brides, Seven Brothers, #1)
  • Until You Loved Me (Seven Brides, Seven Brothers, #3)
  • Love Me Tender (Seven Brides, Seven Brothers, #4)
  • If Only In My Dreams (Seven Brides, Seven Brothers, #5)
  • Baby It's You (Seven Brides, Seven Brothers, #6)
  • When A Man Loves A Woman (Seven Brides, Seven Brothers, #7)