Start by marking “Illusions of Evil (Illusions Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Illusions of Evil (Illusions Duet, #1)

Illusions of Evil

(Illusions Duet #1)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  237 Ratings  ·  101 Reviews
CONFESS.

It's what he said to me across his altar, what he demanded so that I would be pure.

In the moment he blessed me with his virtue, I was no longer the woman I'd once been.

I was Eve.

His light. His salvation. His bridge to Heaven's gate.

I failed him because my faith was not strong enough.

He punished me for not giving in.

Resisting temptation is never easy.

Not when his ha
Published October 18th 2017

Selene
Father Jacob Hayle quickly jumps into action when he sees that a woman has collapsed in the courtyard of his parish. The stranger bears a striking resemblance to a woman he once loved and her safety becomes his priority until he finds out that his brother has brainwashed this woman into being the perfect submissive specimen. What Jacob doesn't realize is that his brother plans to resurrect the old games they once played together, and this time, it's Jacob who has to figure out how to stay five s ...more
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

ILLUSIONS OF EVIL: is a standalone dark erotic thriller by Lili White.

Holy crappers!! Wow!! What a scintillating unputdownable sinfully sexy twisted read this was, what a fucked up crazy sick journey this one took me on. You know it's so so so wrong on so many levels but I shit you not the scenes in this were over the top hot!!

I hate doing this but I have to write up a no frills review for this one, because seriously you need to go into this book blind, that's the only way to give this boo
Natalie The Biblioholic
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I swear, this book needs to come with HUGE warning labels. And I mean HUGE!! At one time, Eve was known as Sedra, a relatively ‘normal’ child with loving parents and a protective older brother. When she was 10 years old, her parents moved them to a community that was supposed to better for them - a nurturing environment. And that’s where Sedra’s life spiraled and she soon became Eve, the obsession of the cult leader, Elijah. Elijah was handsome and charismatic, convincing his followers that ...more
CC
description

Jacob Hayle is a Catholic priest who runs a small-town church in a socio-economically depressed and fairly isolated locale. For 12 years, he abstained from his dark and sinful ways, but when a mysterious woman arrives on church grounds, Jacob begins to be truly tested with temptation in his sequestered sanctuary. Praying for strength to overcome, Jacob soon realizes someone else seems to be controlling his fate.

“How long do you think you’ll be able to hide from your past … to keep history from
warhawke
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sinners
Genre: Dark Erotic Suspense
Type: Book 1 of 2
POV: First Person - Multiple
Rating:

Eve was the epitome of sin. Growing up, she was made to believe she existed for a purpose and the time had finally come for her to prove her faith. But the path to absolution was paved with endless temptations that she must endure in order to earn her place.

I'm attracted to faith based erotic books like the damned attracted to sins. So this book was like the Devil's calling haha!

She was the illusion of evil. Purity
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionI am giving this cover 4 stars but to be honest I am not sure if I like it or I don't. It is a perfect representation of the story. The composition is excellent. I am not a HUGE fan of the title work or the placement of the author's name. But my main issue is it is just SO bright white. It wouldn't be so bad if the title work were a dark color but the silver color with the white makes it all blend into something that is a bit too stark and needs something to add a little depth to it.description

descriptionWell, this w
Lily White
Jul 24, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

Lo Bookfrantic
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review-ng, f-br

3.5 - 4 ★★★★ Stars

Genre:  Dark Erotic Suspense
Type: Book 1 of 2
POV: First Person – Multiple

Illusions of evil teaser

Eve was raised in an environment she couldn't comprehend since the age of ten.  Eleven years later she couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't; what was evil and whatnot.  As a true follower and believer, Eve did everything she had been thought.  She wanted to prove she was of worth to her leader; she wanted to show him her faith and discipline.

"She only wanted to be good herself. Giving
Elle
4* eve with adam(s) STARS!!

description

WOWZA! I, honestly, no words. TOTALLY not what I have in mind. This is a "special" review for my beloved queen of mindfuck, Lily White on Halloween. This book has been on hold by the author for such a long time and really worth it. Based on the cover, you realize that it has religious theme and for some people may offended. Also, this is NOT A ROMANCE! Anyway, I hope this isn't too spoiler-ish for your eyes.

description

Father Jacob Hayle found a mysterious woman in his church but
Mirjam
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it

Her body still presented like it wasn't a temple shielding her soul, but a cage. Not just a cage. Her body was a weapon.

This was a total mindfuck! However, while I enjoyed the overall story and deviousness I did found the story a bit dragging. Yes, we got it that he was a devoted man and was not allowed to sin that we were told over and over again.

Through his kitchen window Father Jacob Hayle sees a young woman. She collapsed, her frail body crumpling, her head hitting painfully against the gro
Dri ✰
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
★ 4 stars!!! ★

What a ride!
Twisted. Dark. CRAZY! CRAZY! CRAZY!
~IreneOust~
I am mainly addressing fans of Lily White in this review ...

If you are a fan of Lily's twisted imagination [and I mean this in the most flattering way possible!] then, like me, you were probably super excited to hear about this release. To be quite honest, I didn't even read the blurb before I one-clicked this title. There is really no need. Lily have established herself as my go-to author for all things dark and twisted. I've yet to read better.

Moving on ... this story won't be for everyone.
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
God created Lily
Lily created Elijah
And we're going to Hell !
Meanwhile let's embrace our masochism and kinky minds and get aboard the bus that Lily drives .

We are all God’s creatures, the saints and the sinners, the saved and the damned. We were created in his image, we were given life through his vision, and if that is true, then the parts of me I was told should be hidden and ignored were parts God had wanted there all along. Perhaps His intent wasn’t for us to shun those parts, but instead we
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰

I went into this book blind I didn’t read teasers or the blurb and Lily White never fails to disappoint. I enjoyed this book.
I enjoyed the story and it kept me turning pages to find out what was going to happen. It flows perfectly; it is intense, gritty and chilling at times. Lily takes you on a journey in this one, I felt emotional at some parts some twists and turns you do not expect.

Lily’s mind is a scary, brutal, crazy place to be and it shows through these characters. Some I love
Di Covey
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!

Religion is fickle between the pages of this physiological, erotic thriller. If you've read a Lily White book, that's warning enough, if not, be sure to read the warnings.

Before I go into the storyline, I have to comment on the fluid, suave way the words just melted into me. I loved the flow in which gave a clear understanding of the character's voice. Even if it was jumbled to be that final act of mind-boggling puzzlement.

The story is mystery, mind control brilliance. Each piece giv
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
I’ve read a few of Lily’s books and this is definitely my favourite so far. It’s so wrong yet so good. I read it in one sitting- staying up til the wee hours as I didn’t want to put it down.

I’m not gonna write anything about the storyline as I think you should go in blind. I didn’t even read the blurb before reading it. I felt the author threw me on a crazy rollercoaster and I loved every second of it.

I thought the storyline was brilliant and the sex scenes were hot. If your looking for a craz
Susan
"...she wasn’t evil. She was the illusion of evil." - Jacob

This is a spellbinding read about identical two twin brothers locked in a deadly game for control over the residents of a small appalachian town...One who dedicated himself to his religious tradition of Catholicism by becoming a Priest, Jacob and the other a religious cult leader over an extreme ideology which is a perversion of the major tenets of Christianity, Elijah named Jericho at birth.

Jacob becomes aware that his twin brother has
Christina
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars - 3 Flames

I must confess...I feel incomplete. Like I'm half of what I thought or knew prior to reading this book. It sounds, odd. But let's face it. Every time we open a Lily White book, we're thrust in to an alternative way of thinking that somehow changes the way in which we think. Now normally, after writing a sentence like that, I'd look back and admit that it's because she's the queen of mindf-ery. But after this one? Dang. Maybe it's because there's a religious tone to it. Maybe b
Nadine Bookaholic
This book is wrong on so many levels but I absolutely loved it! No matter how many times I get my knuckles hit with a ruler by the nuns they won’t change my mind about loving this story. AMAZING read, there just no other way to express my love for it! This was an amazing start to the series, duet, trilogy? Not really sure how long it will be but I do know for certain there is a book two coming, Fear The Evil, Which I can guarantee I will be reading!

You can see my full review along with a #giveaw
Romance Readers Retreat
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lily White's newest erotic thriller, Illusions of Evil is everything one comes to expect from her books. This is wrong in multiple levels, will make you feel uncomfortable, has tons of twists and turns and will make you ponder the mental stability of the characters (I'm pretty sure they were all mentally unstable to varying degrees) plus it has a priest and that is always a huge plus for me.

Father Jacob is shocked to find the woman who has passed out in his Church's courtyard has an uncanny rese
Dani
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Speechless. Lily White's writing is impeccable. I was gripped from the very first page. There's nothing that I can say that will properly explain the darkness, the intensity, and the sensual angst that runs through this taboo story.

Eve/Sedra is a broken, tormented woman and it seems like nothing will fix her. But when Jacob finds her all bets are off. In his own torment, he slowly wades through the murky waters of temptation and we're pulled in a long with him. I can't say too much because you
Cécile Smits
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I finished Illusions,but it’s not finished with me.....This wasn’t dark,it was black....there were parts i’d rather have skipped,but i didn’t....If you have a stomach for twisted evil,this is a must read for you. Otherwise,i suggest you stay clear....As for me,i’m left wondering what else lurks in the dark....in Fear the Wicked
Vasiliki
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

The Illusions of Evil is a totally dark and disturbing book. I started this book, I stopped when things became too much, too dark, even for me and after few weeks I went on reading it! The plot was surprising, disturbing, full of twists and darkness! Ms. White is really a gifted writer! Ms. White writes wonderfully, giving actual life to her heroes and to the situations mentioned and at the same time to trouble my thoughts and knowledge about Church and religion. Everything felt so real a
Kim BookJunkie
I already knew Lily White was an amazing writer but this book demonstrates just how eloquent she is! ILLUSIONS OF EVIL is beautifully written, a true work of art! It’s also a compelling, suspenseful, sexy story.

“Her body was the perfect temptation, her submission the poison that could drag a godly man into Hell itself. She was everything evil we’re warned about in the world just by merely existing.
But yet, she wasn’t evil.
She was the illusion of evil.
Purity wrapped in the sinful cage of a woman
Tania  Desired Reads Bookblog
Another eccentric read by Lily White.

It was beautifully imperfect, in it's own deranged way.

I don't know where to start with my review, im not giving any spoilers away so forgive the vagueness.

Some might find this book slightly unhinged, i on the other hand couldn't put it down.

This book is has alot of twists and turns. The sex scenes are smoking hot 🔥🔥

“Your needs are his. You are the gift that will open the gates…”

The characters and story flowed perfectly. I found the characters to be a little
Rin W. Vitale
Nov 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommended to Rin by: Elle
Michelle
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read
This is one of those times I wish I could rate a book more than 5 stars!

Illusions of Evil - OH MY GOD!!

Been waiting a long time for this book and wow it was so worth the wait, this is not your typical priest story , no this is so much more twisted.

The story starts of in one direction and you think you have the plot cracked and you are just waiting for the horror, you will be so very wrong because the plot just gets thicker & thicker.

This book is gripping, taboo, contains kinky sexual scenes,
J.M. Walker
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think every time Lily writes a new story, she has every intention of ripping out my soul. It's like she makes that her personal goal. This is a bit dramatic but once you read this story, you will probably feel the same way.

What can I say about the first book in this duet? It's intense. Page turning. Gripping and jaw dropping.

Lily knows I'm in love with her boy Joseph from her book Joseph Fallen. I always thought she couldn't top him with her bad guys but she does and she does it well. Elijah
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Honor Bound (The Estate, #3)
  • Commitment
  • Twenty to Life
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • Bad Nanny (The Bad Nanny Trilogy, #1)
  • To Be like Her...
  • The Invisible Lie
  • Last Shadow
  • Mansions
  • Carnage (The Butcher, #2)
  • Crave (Blood & Breed, #1)
  • A Boy Named Risk
  • Unsuitable (Unsuitable, #1)
  • Serial, Volume Four (Serial, #4)
  • Love Her Madly
  • Gravity
  • Star-Crossed
  • Against the Grain (Against, #2)
Lily White is a dark writer who likes to dabble on the taboo side of eroticism. She is most known for her Masters Series (Her Master’s Courtesan and Her Master’s Teacher), Target This, Hard Roads, and Asylum. She’s co-authored Serial (a four part serial series). When she isn’t writing as Lily White you can find other books by her under M.S. Willis where she has penned the Control Series, the Estat ...more

Illusions Duet (2 books)
  • Fear the Wicked (Illusions Duet, #2)