Start by marking “24: Underground” as Want to Read:
24: Underground

24: Underground

Find out what sent Jack Bauer spiraling into his darkest days as an international fugitive in the several years following the events of the final season. Written by Ed Brisson with art by Michael Gaydos.
Published November 25th 2014 by IDW Publishing (first published November 12th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about 24, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 24

Andrew Shapter
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A mini 24, if you will. Nothing new, just another action ep with Jack Bauer and black SUVs. Complete with prolific "Dammits!"
But that's what I like.
Note that this relies on the reader being very familiar with the 24 series already...
Charlie
Sep 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jack is back!

24: Underground is a look at what has become of out favorite CTU agent after he had been branded a terrorist by the US government and sent on the run as a fugitive after the last full televised season of Fox Network's 24.

In this book, we find Jack Bauer living as "Borys Melnchuk" in the Ukraine where he is working as a dock worker under the supervision of Petro and living happily with his girlfriend (and Petro's sister) Sofyia. All is well for Jack until in a whirlwind of events, Pe
Michael
Part of the hook of 24 is the real-time component of the show. Take that away and you lose some of what makes the show work so well and what makes Jack Bauer one of the more entertaining fictional heroes in recent memory.

I've tried reading some of the tie-in novels for the series and found them lacking, namely because the real time concept doesn't translate quite as well to the printed page. With this collected comic book, 24: Underground, I was hoping the graphic novel structure might lend itse
Christopher Lawson
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"I Promise You I'll Bring Sofyia Back."

Hmmm... Haven't we heard that story before? Hostage taken to get Bauer?

The story begins as Jack is living a new life in Odessa, Ukraine. He's a dock worker, known as "Borys Melnchuk." Good job, nice live-in girlfriend, Sofyia--all is well--at least for a short time, anyway. Jack is hunted by the CIA, believed to be a ruthless terrorist.

The CIA is tracking Bauer's movements, and slowly closing in him, but they're not the only ones. Some Ukranian thugs are al
Wayne McCoy
Sep 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'24: Underground' follows Jack Bauer after the final season into his life as a fugitive. It's not a bad story, but I found the art choices to be murky and sometimes unclear.

Borys Melnchuk is living in the Ukraine with his girlfriend Sofyia, the sister of his boss Petro. When Petro's brother Roman falls afoul of the local Russian Mafia, they come to Petro for him to make good on it. Suddenly Borys in involved, and we learn he is not actually Borys, but Jack Bauer. Soon after, some of his old cowo
Theediscerning
Oct 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Jack Bauer the Indestructible is hiding from CTU in Ukraine when an innocent man drags him into a Mafia problem that will reveal his very whereabouts to the people he wants most to hide from – the good guys – as well as the bad. Jack Bauer the Omniscient rattles away in Russian to a local beauty he's been living with for some time (never sit and become a stationary target, eh, Jack?) and she gets dragged into things. Jack Bauer the Sleep-Deprived then has a race against time (so what's new?) to ...more
Kai
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, net-gallery
24: Underground takes place after the 24 TV series has declared that Jack Bauer is a traitor to his country. He is living in Russia under a presume name and creating a new life for himself.

Even as he stayed under the radar, his life gets disrupted by his Russian girlfriend's family. She has two brothers. One is a a drug addict and the other runs an import/export business. Her brother, the drug addict, owed the Russian mafia money. Since he couldn't pay his debt, he is executed and his debt now g
Elle Markov
Oct 24, 2014 rated it liked it
The story picks up some time after the original series finale, but before 24: Live Another Day. It basically follows what Jack was up to while on the run. The story was ok, but it wasn't great we get introduced to these character Jack for a relationship with while living his new life but we don't know enough about them to care and there isn't any real point to what little action we do see.

It could have been better, but overall it is Jack Bauer so it's still pretty awesome, because again it's Jac
Simsian
Feb 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: eb, graphic-novels
Picked up in anticipation of tonight's reboot premiere. crudely drawn with little emotion and barely more plot. oh well.
Greg
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Pretty typical short form 24 story but I found this extremely successful in the art department, particularly in how Jack is portrayed. I thought the voice of the show was mostly there as well. Really closer to a 3.5 but I'm feeling generous.
Simon
Dec 07, 2014
Matthew Bartlett
Jun 07, 2015
Chris Parsons
rated it did not like it
Jan 09, 2015
Jun 30, 2017
James Batchelor
Jul 21, 2019
Comic book writer.

Credits include: COMEBACK, SHELTERED, THE FIELD (Image Comics), SECRET AVENGERS (Marvel), ROBOCOP, SONS OF ANARCHY, HELLRAISER (BOOM!) and X-FILES/TMNT: CONSPIRACY (IDW). Plus, you know, a bunch of stuff I can’t talk about yet.