Start by marking “Oh Dear!” as Want to Read:
Oh Dear!

Oh Dear!

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  100 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Children can lift the flaps, meet all the farm animals and help Buster find an egg for his breakfast - and then enjoy their own breakfast with their very own special egg cup.
Board book, 20 pages
Published March 22nd 2002 by Campbell Books (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Oh Dear!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh Dear!

June
Mar 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: librarians, parents & toddler caregivers
I used this both at the Eggstravaganza and my Laptime this year and it went over much better at the Laptime. The toddlers were fascinated with the flap, getting off laps and coming up close to see the flaps. The animal sounds, and repeated "Oh Dear!" worked well with the babies. 3/28/12

Used again in Lap Time and PJ Story Time. 4/23/13

Used at Eggstravaganza. 4/4/15

Used at PJ for younger kids and used again at Lap Time. Went over okay.
Jacinda
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jacinda by: Jacinda
Shelves: children-s-books
My son is interested in animals and their noises as well as saying "Oh dear!" quite a lot - this book seemed a match made in heaven. Sure enough he recognised some of the animals and made their sounds. I improvised a bit of the telling of the story adding words here and there which the book gives room to do. Overall the book was enjoyed by us both.
June
Nov 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents, librarians, & teachers
A hit with lap and toddler story times, with the repeated "Oh dear!" and flaps.
Hiba Yuki
I’ve lost count of how many times we’ve read this! I should be sick of it by now, but fortunately not. We read this now after quite a long gap.
This was a firm favorite when he was 1 and he learned to say “Oh dear” back then, whenever something made him sad!
I think he learned his first animal sounds from this as well.
Jenna Mills
I would have preferred the words 'no eggs here' to be hidden too. I think I remember this from my childhood!
Sarah Newman
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hardcopy
A lift the flap book with animal noises? A good time.
Sam Grove
Mar 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childhood-smiles
One of my favourite children's books growing up. Easy to read and full of colourful pictures and flaps to lift, it will keep kids entertained for hours. Me and my mom still quote to each other from it today!
Paul
Aug 04, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A reckless grandmother dispatches a clueless pre-school infant to undertake menial labour on her farm unattended. Unsurprisingly, without guidance, the child takes forever to complete the simplest tasks. Oh, dear! Grandma will regret her cavalier attitude to childcare one day.
Wendy Unsworth
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A lovely book to share with little ones. Buster goes to stay with Grandma on the farm and when she asks him to collect eggs he goes to lots of places/ animals before he finally arrives at the henhouse. A simple but winning formula and babies love to lift the flaps and find out what is underneath!
Indrani Sen
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
A nice little book. My niece loved lifting up the flaps and looking for eggs.
Isoken
Mar 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book provides lots of opportunities for guessing which animal will be under the next flap and what noise they will make. At last Buster remembers the hen who is hiding the breakfast eggs
Shelley
May 09, 2014 rated it liked it
The kids liked this one.
Wonderful Ones May 7 & 9, 2014
Chrissie Willicombe
Sweet lift-the-flaps book, teaching where animals live and the noises they make. And who lays eggs! My daughter loves it.
Jessica Bennett
Fantastic lift the flap book. Good for prompting lots of discussion about each farm animal, where it lives, what noise it makes etc. simple repeated phrase for toddler participantion.
Meredith
Mar 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tobin-s-books
Not quite as good as Dear Zoo, but definitely popular with Tobin. Again lots of familiar animal to sign.
Sindhuja