Start by marking “Dangerous Deception (Dangerous Creatures, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Deception (Dangerous Creatures, #2)

Dangerous Deception

(Dangerous Creatures #2)

From the world of Beautiful Creatures--a dangerous new tale of love and magic continues in the sequel to Dangerous Creatures.

Love is ten kinds a crazy, right?
Let me put it to you this way: If you can get away, run. Don't walk.
Because once you're exposed, you'll never get a Siren outta your head.

Some loves are cursed. Others are...dangerous. Especially the love between
Published May 19th 2015 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Deception, please sign up.
Cookie86 Maybe you should write to Kami or Margaret directly. They have their own account here on goodreads. Maybe they can answer your question.
Lauren - SERIESous Books Looks like this is the end for now. If you read the comments on Garcia's blog post, she mentions numerous times that no sequel is planned for this…moreLooks like this is the end for now. If you read the comments on Garcia's blog post, she mentions numerous times that no sequel is planned for this book. http://kamigarcia.com/2015/05/happy-d...(less)

Start your review of Dangerous Deception (Dangerous Creatures, #2)
Neil (or bleed)
"You see, there are these remarkable things called books. They're full of pages and pages of words. Maybe you've heard of them. Or maybe not."

There is really enchanting about this book, this spin-off series (and Caster Chronicles, of course), that I constantly loved them after I've finished reading them. Even I noticed something is off, my mind has already (fabricated) a reason and an explanation for that. I don't know why. LOL.

I love this sequel. It weren't perfect or anything but I really
Ankon
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm speechless. I can't put a finger on my exact emotion. Hurt, pain, anger, determination - one of the above, not sure which.
Valentina
WHAT THE FUCK?
i can't believe this, after everything that Link did to be with Ridley this is how it ends?! I fucking need another book, and I need it as soon as possible
Pinky
Apr 03, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was an okay read, it wasn't amazing but it wasn't horrible. I know I haven't been writing reviews lately or reading books and its because I was in a HUGE reading slump. One of the reasons is because I am taking classes and I am under a lot of pressure and another reason was maybe because I was avoiding this book. But even when I want to read, I always remember all the homework or tests that I have to study for. So that's why you haven't seen crazy updates from me. :)

I read the Caster
Alaina
OMG IT'S OVER!

I swear I can see the light at the end of the tunnel guys. I'm free from this series and I'm so happy it was only 2.5 books. I can't contain all of my excitement right now. It's over. It's really over.

Okay, so Dangerous Deception was so freaking boring. I might be in the minority of this book but I swear to god people.. did we read the same book? There is no way that this should earn 5 stars - like, at all.

So Ridley gets captured in this book and is basically held hostage for the
Ricky
PRE-REVIEW:

Everyone thinks Rick Riordan is the ultimate cliff-hanging troll:

But after the ending of Dangerous Creatures, I beg to differ.

TITLE GUESSAGES:

* Dangerous Darkness (obvious, but come on...)
* Dangerous Love
* Dangerous Light

All wrong. Love the actual title, though. And the cover - wow. Broken shades have never looked so cool.

REVIEW:

Well, well, G&S. Together, you've gotten the Caster Chronicles world back to form and then some. Between the much more international scope of this
Steven
Dangerous Deception by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Published 2015, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Stars: (3.5)
Review also posted at: Slapdash & Sundry

It's no secret to anyone that I really enjoyed the Beautiful Creatures series. While it wasn't anything groundbreaking or amazing, it was lots of fun and had a great concept and world. The Claiming, Light and Dark Casters, etc, all really entertained me. So you could color me excited when I found out that they were writing a
Jenn
Gah..this book was torture! Are there people out there who like Ridley? Cause I, for the life of me, can't find one redeeming quality about her. And all that just becomes more apparent in this installment.

She sold her effing boyfriend! Ok, I know that's old news and it happened in the first book, but I don't think that's something you come back from. So yeah, I carried that over into this one and when Ridley is kidnapped by evil Silas, I couldn't have cared less about what happens to her. But
Charlotte Woodcock
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Beautiful Creatures series

I really enjoyed Dangerous Deception, but the only major thing I disliked about it was the ending, and that's because it wasn't what I was expecting. (view spoiler)

I loved
Farren
This book was such an improvement over the first. Maybe because Ridley had such a small part in it? Loved the past character cameos and the plot was more interested and better fleshed out. I liked the ending in particular, although I'm sure the majority of people didn't, but (view spoiler). I'm glad this series is over, because honestly I'd never read two more books featuring these characters, but I'm happy I ...more
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
So Ridley was captured and being held hostage, while her friends looked for her. For the entire book. It was more like half a story, with a lot of arguing between the main characters. Not sure I will continue with the series.
Saniya
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fantasy lovers
NONONONONOOOO NO NO NO!!!!!!! That is so NOT how you end the book!!!

RIDLEY YOU COME BACK HERE RIGHT NOW AND LET LINKY LOVE YOU....
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

OKay I think I should back up a bit now that I've lent out a little anger... The book on the whole was frankly quite good. The best part is that its story is not like The Beautiful Creatures (not that I dint like that book, which I frankly did and also shed some tears on). The story and the progression is completely different which is amazing seeing as the
Morgan Duplechin
Aug 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
I was so excited to read this book after finishing Dangerous Creatures and loving it. Sadly, it really fell short of my expectations. Something about the characters in this book got on my last nerve. Especially Link. I felt like everything Link said came out sounding stupid and I couldn't think of him as anything but an idiot. I felt like Ridley and Link's relationship was so fake in this book and I got so tired of hearing them go on and on about each other. The main reason I liked this book was ...more
Denise
Aug 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Can't believe the book ended like that!
Breaunna
Oct 14, 2014 is currently reading it
Prequel to this literally made me want to just jump off a cliff. I mean, I felt like I was the one that got hit by the truck. So ready for this book!
Misty
Feb 03, 2015 rated it liked it
WTF Ridley?? Are you serious? Did you just do that? Yes, yes you did. Not Cool, Not cool at all!!!

So I felt sorry for Ridley in the first Dangerous Creatures book and even in this second book until about the middle of the book. She seriously pissed me off especially at the end!!

I'm not the biggest fan of Link, but come on he is cute and adorable in his own way and he would do anything and I mean anything for Ridley no matter how crappy she treats him!!!

I enjoyed old characters popping up in
Kayla
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book ruined me so bad, I have shipped this certain ship for these 2 books and the other 4 in beautiful creatures series and then I started to ship a different ship in this book and they ended up together and I was happy but the ending killed me and it made me look at the whole series differently and now I don't think I can go back and read it and feel or think the same.
Ashley
Rating: 1.5/5
***Minor spoilers, spoilers for book 1***

After the Beater was rammed by a truck, Ridley has gone missing, and Link was found in the forest a bit away from the crash site. Later, Link and the rest of the group (Sam, Nox, Floyd, and Necro) discover that the truck in question belongs to Silas Ravenwood, who has almost certainly taken Ridley for experiments in one of his labs. Nox has had the location of the closest lab removed from his head, so Link thinks their best bet is asking John
Delaney
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: r-ya
I'm just not impressed with this spinoff series. I don't think Garcia is writing with the same fun, captivating voice as in the Beautiful Creatures series, and her characters are so flat! I thought Ridley's thought process in this book was so scattered and boring, and the change of perspective was too slow and unconnected and made me feel disconnected from the books rather than intrigued. I hope she ends the series because the passion is totally gone.
Star90
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
SPOILERS

I did not think that Ridley would have waited it out in the cell just to get more power and then throw away Link like a sack of potatoes. Yes, i know she is greedy and yes she is spoiled but still running away with nox and leavine link. It's like beautiful chaos all over again. Link tells Rid all of his feelings and she turns him away. I never liked Nox but this book just made me purely hate him.
Lily Greenslade
I just felt like this book went nowhere interesting. The characters weren't as captivating as the last time and overall I was disappointed. But I liked the fact Liv and John and Amma came back for a part of it, that's why it got 3 stars.
❄️✨ Kat ✨❄️
I hope they write another after this.. it ended in cliffhangers and I'm so curious what happens next.
Angie
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars...

I have read all the Beautiful/Dangerous Creature books excluding the prequel novellas. I fell in love with the southern ambience meeting the paranormal in book 1 of the original series. It took me to the halfway point of this one to get "into" it and care about what was happening. That being said, once it got good, it was really good. I enjoyed the drama with Linc, Ridley, Knox, John, Liv and all the others. You never quite know what might happen in the Caster world!

Recommended to
K.A. Wiggins
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Challenging take on some of the darker characters of the franchise, and kudos to the authors for not reaching too much for redemption... but not a super inspiring read, either. Pretty quick, reasonably high tension, but I just didn't care that much about the characters, unfortunately.
Teresa
Jun 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
FREEDOM!!!
Joana Correia
I'm not gonna lie. I'm super excited for this book. - ...more
debbie ragan
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

Could not stop reading. But did not want it to end . The bad thing was I felt sorry for Link and for Nox and could never decide who should triumph and win her heart.
Hannah
NOOOOOO WHAT HAS HE DONE TO HER
Judy Patrick
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I....I just. Hmph. I don't know where to start here. I'm just feeling like a lot of emotions. Most of which could be rolled into a Key and Peele gif, but I don't even know which one I would chose; that's how many emotions are going on. Let's try and find a start point.
I loved the Caster Chronicles. And I was so pumped when I found out that there would be a spin off series with my favorite characters; Link and Ridley. The first book was okay; a little frustrating, but fun and a soul crushing
Annette
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once upon a time there was a girl who had finished Twilight and all of a sudden stumbled over a book called "beautiful creatures". The cover was amazing and it turned out, so was the story. The series was Twilight, but then better. It was the first real book addiction I had, the first series I roleplayed for and the first real bookcrush I had that I can remember. It was maybe also the first bigger fandom I became a part of.

And yet, I never read the last book from Ridley en Link. But today I
Goodreads Librari...: add isbn 2 13 Aug 23, 2016 05:56AM
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 3 46 May 29, 2015 01:36PM
What will happen next? 1 23 Nov 30, 2014 01:40PM

• Icons (Icons, #1)
  • Idols (Icons, #2)
  • The Captive Part II / The Power (The Secret Circle, #2-3)
  • Desert Tales (Wicked Lovely)
  • Escape from the Isle of the Lost (Descendant, #4)
  • Book of Shadows (Diary of a Haunting, #3)
  • Mr. Darcy's Bite (Darcy Bites #1)
  • The House of Death (Sweet Valley University Thriller, #4)
  • The Power of Three (Charmed, #1)
  • The Straw King (Dorothy Must Die, #0.5)
  • He's Watching You (Sweet Valley University Thriller Edition, #2)
  • He's With Me
  • Perfect Lies (Mind Games, #2)
  • Find Me (Shatter Me, #4.5, #5.5)
  • Mostly Good Girls
  • To Buy A Wife (The Dark Future, #1)
  • Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)
  • Against All Silence (SOS, #2)
Kami Garcia is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author. She is the coauthor of the BEAUTIFUL CREATURES series, which has been published in 51 countries and 37 languages, with over 10 million copies in print. In 2013, Beautiful Creatures released as a feature film from Warner Brothers. Kami is a cofounder of the YALLFEST kid lit book festival and the author of five solo ...more

Dangerous Creatures (2 books)
  • Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures, #1)
“begging and bragging were the twin sons of the Devil,” 3 likes
“She was hungry for something much more substantial than sugar. It was time to put the cherry lollipops aside. The power games of her childhood were no longer enough. This kiss only proves that. Nox didn’t taste sweet. He tasted strong. Like steel and fire. Electrical fire. That was the taste of power. That’s what I want now. Isn’t it?” 0 likes