Start by marking “Brackett Hollister: The Werewolf Pack (Brackett Hollister, #1)” as Want to Read:
Brackett Hollister: The Werewolf Pack (Brackett Hollister, #1)

Brackett Hollister: The Werewolf Pack

(Brackett Hollister #1)

Brackett Hollister. Gunslinger. Magician. When his family was slain by a supernatural creature, Brackett dedicated his life to protecting the world from the forces of evil. Armed with both his guns and his magic, Brackett fights to make the dark safe.

When werewolves begin to gather in the old west, Brackett and his comrade in the battle against all things malevolent, Afri
Published July 19th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Brackett Hollister, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brackett Hollister

Maria
5 Magical Stars!!

I was always more partial to vampire stories than werewolves, but Brackett Hollister: The Werewolf Pack may have changed that. What a delightful surprise!
The story immediately grabbed my attention and held it with fascinating characters, interesting plot, suspense, horror, humor, supernatural, and some additional back stories. It has something for every reader.

The villain, the legendary Prime Alpha,
was ferocious & scary.

The heroes Brackett Hollister,
& Chula,
were stro
Donna
Shelves: paranormal
I really liked this story. It was an action-packed smorgasbord (don't know if I spelled that right. haha!) of paranormal and supernatural fun. Would have read straight through if I could have. Never a dull moment.

photo 6a5684d0677be4bea684e391153a67ac_zpsipsbx3yu.jpg

I loved the characters Brackett and Chula but I have to say my favorites were Fire and Stranger.
If you like werewolf tales with a twist definitely pick up a copy. I will certainly be reading next in the series as it is made available...ahem, whenever that is.

Michael Benavidez
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Here's a story that gives everything that it should be upon first glance and changes it into something different.
A period piece that's set in old-school time of peasants and horseback (which a moment spent in a time way before that), this is a great action read of magic and werewolves and a bit of humor.
A great read if ever you are looking to just enjoy yourself, and the only flaw that I can say I had, is that there were moments where information just seemed to be dumped in several places. Oth
Kat Desi
Shelves: dark-fantasy
An action-packed, fast-paced, fantastical tale laced with a little humor! It starts with a BANG!!! and the suspense continues to build up as the story progresses. When we are introduced to the awesome duo, Brackett Hollister and Chula who is an African warrior, and their majestic horses, Fire and Stranger, you know you're in for a treat. An army of werewolves rises, led by an ambitious Alpha, threatening to overrun the world. Interesting plot twists that really threw me off a bit. My issues are ...more
Sarah Brocious
 photo cowboy_zpsde02b97a.jpg

I really liked the feel of this story. From the very first scene I was engrossed! The mix of Old West and the paranormal was done quite brilliantly! The description of the werewolves had me picturing images only nightmares can create.

Those nightmares were quickly wiped away with the appearance of our heroes Brackett Hollister and Chula! (with a great nod to their horses Fire and Stranger LOVED)

No cookie cutter characters here. Each were an original. (though I was partial to Brackett the rough
Ashe Armstrong
Nov 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: weird-west
I had fun, for the most part. There is a LOT of werewolf action to be had in this book and some interesting little bits of worldbuilding. I hesitated about the 3 stars because I know the author at this point, but I don't want to be dishonest. There were some word flow issues, one chapter had dialogue shift that didn't quite fit the tone (and I told Quentin about my own hangups for a particular scene in that chapter, but that is entirely my own opinion and doesn't factor into this review). It has ...more
Perry Lake
Oct 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: werewolves, westerns
There must have been a million ways to die in the Old West... As it turns out, being torn to shreds by a werewolf was one of them.

This is the first adventure of Brackett Hollister, a gunslinger who packs silver bullets. Teamed up with an African warrior-cum-witch doctor named Chula, Hollister travels the world sending supernatural
bugaboos back to Hell in a blaze of gunfire.

These heroes have considerable experience dealing with various monsters and sorcery, revealed to the reader in Hollister's l
Charlotte
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have to admit I love vampires and shifter stories. I have an addiction. I tell myself there are worse things to be addicted to. Right? However I have begun to be a little more selective in my choices. The premise of werewolves in the old west was enough of a quirk to get me to read this book. The storyline was believable and had enough action to keep me interested. Well writen characters and plot. Fun read!
Vicki
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For me this book was awesome! It started out 90 miles an hour running and never stopped till the very end. Brackett and Chula start out saving a family being attacked by werewolves. The husband, William has been savagely attacked. Chula and Brackett doctor him with melted liquid silver telling his wife, Mary it will cure him of the infection or kill him. There is constant battles and it is really an exciting and different look at the werewolf legend. It's set in the old west. And has everything ...more
G.A. Miller
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm seeing a pattern in this author's works...on the protagonist side, a duo with extraordinary skills and abilities, one white and one non white. I'm guessing he was a fan of the short lived Green Hornet TV series from the '60's.

As in his Game Warden novel, the duo's abilities are taken to the limit against their adversaries, in this case werewolves. And again, were this to find it's way to film, the CGI crew would be working triple overtime to make it happen. Non stop adventure with very littl
Dyanna
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed it. There was magic, werewolves, Native Americans, and some unexpected twist and turns.
If you like action and magic then this book is for you. Brackett Hollister has a few surprise in him as does his friend and companion Chula. The book is humorous too. It is well written and a fun read.
Georgia Fausther
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Stayed up all night reading it..

Good solid story...I just wish it had more of a background about them.I am guessing there is a two coming?
Blair Hodgkinson
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
There is the germ of a fun thriller here, but it's dragged down with lots of tell, information dumps and some plainn hokey writing.
Sandy Murphy
Aug 18, 2018
Irene A. Crosby
Jan 30, 2015
Quentin Wallace
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Robin Madel
Jessica
Dec 25, 2014
Penny Lage
Dec 28, 2014
Hi! I'm a Georgia native, an avid reader, and I'm happy to have recently joined goodreads! Born in the 1970s, I am an author with several Kindle Worlds short stories and novellas on Amazon (including Wayward Pines, John Rain, Vampire Diaries, the Silo Saga and more) as well as my first novel, Brackett Hollister: The Werewolf Pack. This is a weird western story and the first in a series. The sequel ...more

Brackett Hollister (2 books)
  • Outlaw Voodoo (Brackett Hollister, #2)