Start by marking “Are We Living in the End Times?: Current Events Foretold in Scripture...and What They Mean” as Want to Read:

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  1,132 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Value priced! Best-selling author and prophecy scholar Tim LaHaye and coauthor Jerry B. Jenkins examine the signs of the end times and present 20 reasons why they believe the current generation could see the Rapture. LaHaye and Jenkins lead the reader through the basics of prophecy, then present their 20 reasons in detail. Great for anyone wanting to find out more about en ...more
Published October 18th 1999 by Tyndale House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Are We Living in the End Times?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Are We Living in the End Times?

Jay Miklovic
Jul 11, 2011 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: nobody.
Shelves: super-lame
I have always been dead set against burning books... this book might make me rethink that position

After around 200 pages I finally just had to set this one down. I've finished a number of bad books, but this is the worst book I have read in a long long time. I mean that.

In the first four pages LaHaye essentially undermines all pastors by planting seeds of doubt in the readers regarding their pastor's seminary training. He insinuates that the reason there is disagreement with his position on prop
Jun 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started reading it because of all of the world events. I bought it years ago, but felt the need to read it recently.
I do believe we are nearing Christ's return!
Joe Caplinger
Sep 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book. It brings to light how the end of times could really come at any time. And points to technology advances we are seeing today as moving right along in the same direction that will lead to several of these prophecies being fulfilled. Things such as cashless systems and microchips to track health records and locate pets who may get lost we all think are awesome today but is only one step closer to the events that have been said will occur at the end of time.
Jul 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book after reading the entire (prequels and all) Left Behind Series. I found the outline of the book easy to follow. I didn't use any other reference guides to help, but followed the chapters-slowly. I am usually a speed reader so I deliberately slowed down and digested each chapter before moving on. I found the information fascinating, the charts clarified a lot, and I was anxiously awaiting the end.
G Ream
Dec 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
very good - scary for those who do not believe in Christ and His salvation
Dianne Sagan
Oct 15, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is well written and shows us things about our times that show how they conincide with prophecy and how it is presented in the Left Behind series. Well worth the read.
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every time I read a book by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, I learn something new. Based on their best~selling Left Behind series, Are We Living in the End Times is a three~part book that examines today’s culture to determine if we are the generation who will see Christ’s return. The second part of the book takes a step~by~step look at what will happen to those who are left behind after the Rapture and the last section examines the personalities who will shape end time events.

After discussing w
Omnipotent Dystopian Now
May 22, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cults
Straight Christian propaganda. If you're a Christian, I recommend it. Otherwise, don't waste your time, unless you're curious about cults and what not like I am. Although, this book doesn't contain as many contradictions and inconsistencies as the Bible. Wait, did I just contradict myself?
Nov 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
What a shocker to read! This book is VERY thought provoking. I must say this series has changed my life.
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good look at end time prophecy. Matched up with what the Bible foretells.
Victoria Neely
Sep 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It does a good explaination of the books and what is going to happen
Jun 06, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't like it when dispensational theology is presented as inarguable, undisputable, and self-evident.
Jul 28, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
morbid curiosity
Tanya Borgov
Mar 20, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ich hoffte auf eine kritische Auseinandersetzung mit biblischen Inhalten. Stattdessen wirkt alles sehr leichtgläubig und schlecht fundiert. Schaubilder und Kernpunkte werden sehr oft wiederholt, ohne an Substanz zu gewinnen. Der Leser wird gelockt mit der Aussicht darauf, die Wiederkunft Christi bestimmt noch zu erleben, muss sich jedoch über viele Seiten hinweg verurteilen lassen dafür, wie schlecht und verkommen er doch als Mensch ist. Dogmatischer Glaube wird als einzige Rettung postuliert, d ...more
Patty W
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. Sure gives you a lot to think about. Something that I'll quote from the book that really means something. "No generation of Christians ever had more reason for believing Jesus could come in their lifetime than does ours" because it's later than it's ever been. If you do not understand that, then read this book.
Alisa Kester
Very Biblically sound. Since this was published a few years back, it's fascinating to see some things he was only speculating about already happening. I would be very surprised if the world lasted beyond my lifetime.
Darleen Cole warren
I hope he comes sooner than later, just waiting for his appearance. hope all you wrote is true and we are in the end times.
Apr 18, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think that I would have enjoyed this book far more if I had been reading the updated version. The version that I read was from 1999. This means that it did not include 9/11 and also had predictions that have already past (they weren't specific predictions but they did mention that they thought it would occur by a certain time). It was very interesting and informative. I didn't finish it because I was having a hard time with some of the comments about everything in prophecy being so obvious. I ...more
What I thought to be some solid information that mostly lines up with other books I have read on this topic. I agree with other reviewers though who said his tone was a little much. Especially in the part where he talked about how sinful the world is becoming...his attitude on gays especially is a doozy. I'm a pretty conservative Christian myself, but I think I could safely qualify his words as spewing hate. And apparently the U.S. is a nation of obese, entertainment driven, amoral couch potatoe ...more
Damien Vasseur
Jul 21, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religious
Worst book ever. I'm serious. I wish I had the energy to write a book going into detail everything that is wrong with this book. Neither author understand history. No editor who reviewed it has any concept of academic research. They come up with a conclusion and searched long and hard for "facts" to fit their reality. If you want to understand people who truly believe the second coming and rapture...then read this. You will realize that you cannot argue with their beliefs because logic and REAL ...more
Matthew Broman
interesting book about the end of times from a biblical standpoint. I dunno if we are living in the last days but with all the insanity going on like never before it's hard to imagine sometHing big isn't coming soon
Susan Robinson
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Taking a seminary course (Island Bible Institute) and this is one of the course books. Highly recommend for every reader. The information is presented in a clear and understand manner. It helps open the door to understand the book of Revelation and the end times.
Shirley Kummer
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! Lots to think about, talk to God about and lots of scripture to study on my own. Gave this book 5 stars because of the ALMOST endless research done to write what the authors trust to be acurate. Some pages I had to read twice to try and understand it all. Worth the read!!!
May 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing reading. Alot of History (that I wasn't interested in when I was in school). Really tells how things in this time come together with prophesies from the bible.

Read and tell me what you think!!
Jan 05, 2009 added it
Shelves: j-ref
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good information.
Anne Hawn Smith
Jun 14, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This a sample book I got from Amazon. I am going to try to get it through the library. It looks interesting.
Oct 11, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wrong. We are not living in the end times. LaHaye totally ignores what Jesus says in the gospels about the timing of his Parousia (Second Coming).
Charles M.
Author's purview of what the Bible has to say about our times and the end of the World. Although, he has some points; does not appear to be all that convincing...
John Graham
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Important devotional that fuels my witness.
  • His Lady
  • Charismatic Chaos
  • Hard Sayings of Jesus
  • Study Bible KJV - Scofield Reference Bible
  • Secret Believers: What Happens When Muslims Believe in Christ
  • Writing for the Soul: Instruction and Advice from an Extraordinary Writing Life
Timothy "Tim" F. LaHaye was an American evangelical Christian minister, author, and speaker, best known for the Left Behind series of apocalyptic fiction, which he co-wrote with Jerry B. Jenkins.

He has written over 50 books, both fiction and non-fiction.
More about Tim LaHaye...

• Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God
    $15.99 $2.99
  • Twilight of the Elites: America After Meritocracy
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Art of Living: The Classical Manual on Virtue, Happiness, and Effectiveness
    $10.49 $1.99
  • The Crosswicks Journals: A Circle of Quiet, The Summer of the Great-Grandmother, The Irrational Season, and Two-Part Invention
    $29.99 $3.99
  • Come to the Edge
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Art of Communicating
    $9.49 $2.99
  • American Jezebel
    $8.24 $1.99
“The New Testament clearly teaches that there are many ‘demons’ but only one ‘devil.” 2 likes
“Since the accuracy rate for the fulfillment of Bible prophecy so far has been 100%, we can be confident that it will continue to be so. No other religion in the world has such confirming evidence to inspire its faith.” 2 likes