Start by marking “A Perfect Home” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Home

A Perfect Home

Claire appears to have it all - the kind of life you read about in magazines; a beautiful cottage, three gorgeous children, a handsome husband in William and her own flourishing vintage textile business. But when an interiors magazine sends a good-looking photographer to take pictures of Claire's perfect home, he makes her wonder if the house means more to William than she ...more
Published July 10th 2014 by Accent Press (UK) (first published August 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Home

Start your review of A Perfect Home
Dale Harcombe
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
I started this book thinking it would be light and amusing read. Claire and her husband William have renovated their home in the country. But lately it seems William spends all his time either at work or working on the house. William is quite frankly a pain. He and his parents are controlling and only concerned with what they want. Claire doesn’t get much of a say in anything, except her kitchen which she loves. Even the three children are expected by William to be clean and never make a mess. A ...more
Christine P
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Claire has three beautiful children, a gorgeous husband, William and a growing vintage textile business. The photo shoot by Idyllic Homes of their stunning cottage gives her more than she expected.
William has a busy job by day and evenings and weekends he is passionately extending their home, with a new conservatory, a new kitchen etc.
Stefan the photographer for the magazine is gorgeous and charming and makes Claire laugh, he is good with the children and the cat. There is a definite spark betwe
Janssen
Aug 14, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, arc, chick-lit
Read half of this on the airplane and finished it up that same day. Just a nice fluffy read. Reminded me a bit of Emily Griffith where I couldn't tell where it was going.

I saw several flaws after the fact, but during the actual reading, I was really caught up in it.
Ronel Mick
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
For me the book shows the strengths, weaknesses and emotional roller coaster of us females. How we look after everyone around us and forget about the badge that reads- MOM!!
Bernadette Robinson
A strong 7/10, that might have made 8 if it hadn't been in need of better proof reading.

I enjoyed this easy to read rom-com style story. It proves to us that the grass is not always greener on the other side and that we should sometimes allow people the benefit of the doubt.

Claire and William appear to have it all, a perfect home, a happy marriage or so it seems, three lovely children and jobs that suit them both well.

Appearances are not always what they seem and when a photographer arrives at
Jane
Aug 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this on the sunbed on holiday as this popped through the letterbox from Lovereading as I was about to leave to fly off for a much needed break.

I did enjoy this book, it is chick lit and a bit gooey like a marshmallow. After the strains of work this was easy to read.

Claire the main character has the life we all want, fab home own business,kids and gorgous husband you think what more do want I would settle for that.

Then along comes a photographer to shoot photographs for the predictably na
Bookread2day
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Perfect Home by Kate Glanville is one the best stories that I have read so far this year. This is a book that I will treasure for life. I loved this story from page one. It really grabbed my attention. To me Kate Glanvillie is a brilliant story teller.
Claire has it all a beautiful cottage that you can just picture, and a handsome husband and three children. Claire runs her own vintage textile buisness. But when her house appears in an interior magazine she falls for the photographer. This is
Janet
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. I read it in no time and couldn't put it down. It is an easy, "frothy" read which would be great for holidays. Sometimes I am in the mood for a light, easy read and this kept my interest and I went to bed early to read it! I have already bought her other book on my kindle as I really enjoyed this.
Theresa
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like this book at all. This woman who had a perfect life,home , marriage and children had her head turned by a photographer from a glossy magazine. At no time did she show in any way that she was unhappy within her marriage. It just annoyed me. I know that you should suspend belief when reading but I just couldn't with this
Camandwmm
Feb 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Nice story of a couple with children in a home suitable to be photographed for a home magazine. It is the perfect house, but not the perfect home as husband gives more attention to house than his family.
Sinead
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent love story proving that material possessions are not the be all and end all!
Anna
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
holiday read
Kristin
Jul 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Little bit of an uncomfortable read, given my many years of marriage, but it did speak to me of the effort needed to keep the relationship in front of our daily lives.
Hoopz Chick x
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a nice easy read. Perfect for a holiday read.
Susbp
Aug 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy summer read, though rather predictable.
Warwick Jones
Sep 11, 2015
Leanne Bishop
Feb 04, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Nothing Girl (Frogmorton Farm #1)
  • The Profiler (The Munro Family #1)
  • Meat Cute: The Hedgehog Incident (Parasol Protectorate, #0)
  • Semi-Psychic Life (Glimmer Lake, #2)
  • Suddenly Psychic (Glimmer Lake, #1)
  • Slave: My True Story
  • Billy and Me (Billy and Me, #1)
  • شارع الأميرات
  • Hooked (7th and Main, #2)
  • Grit (7th and Main, #3)
  • Single Woman Seeks Revenge
  • Last Chance Saloon
  • Jane Austen Girl: A Timbell Creek Novel
  • The Case of the Haunted House (A Katy Kramer Cozy Mystery No. 2) (Katy Kramer Cozy Mysteries)
  • The Case of the Listening Library (A Katy Kramer Cozy Mystery No. 3) (Katy Kramer Cozy Mysteries)
  • All Hallowed Out (A Wayfair Witches' Cozy Mystery #11)
  • Ink (7th and Main, #1)
Kate Glanville was born in West Africa to Irish parents. Kate now lives in the small town of Llandeilo on the edge on The Brecon Beacons National Park with her three children, four cats, a crazy dog, a rabbit and three sheep . She graduated with a degree in fashion design at Central St. Martins and worked in the textile industry before becoming a ceramic artist. Kate's tableware designs have been ...more