Start by marking “Tap Out (Bannon's Gym, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tap Out (Bannon's Gym, #3)

Tap Out

(Bannon's Gym #3)

As a child, Tom Delaney did the best he could to protect his mother from his abusive father, but her eventual suicide left him a guarded and wary man who’s still carrying around a metric ton of baggage.

At Bannon’s Gym, Tom learned how to take back his power, and found love with fellow mixed ma
Published January 13th 2015 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Tap Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tap Out

Ariadna
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Life should be sweet for Tom: he's got a boyfriend, has settled down in Lincoln Beach, and is training to fight in the MMA state championship.

But Tom's unwillingness to move in with Travis, his jealous outbursts about Travis' ex reappearing in Travis' life, and the sharp health decline of someone Tom cares about a lot are but a few of the v. nasty bumps on the road...

This novella fizzled out at the worst moment possible. >:|

What I liked

+ The idea of found family/family of choice

Aside from Glo
Christy
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, on-my-kindle, arc
“It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.” ~Mark Twain

'Tap Out' is the third book in Cat Grant's series, 'Bannon's Gym', and again, the story revolves around Tom and Travis. All of the incredible secondary characters are back, including Danny, Eddie, Gloria, and Aaron. The author was correct in her warning at the end of the blurb—there is a lot of drama involved, even more than I found in the previous books. And how could drama flourish without a lot of i
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bgirls, mm, ebook

<3.5 star> review by The Blogger Girls.

The story surrounding Bannon’s Gym continues with the main characters still playing a big role. Eddie, Danny, and even Gloria are still very involved, with the this book focusing on Tom and Travis. I was a little thrown off at first, as this starts off Travis’ ex, Aaron, taking front and center. He is still struggling to get through his issues and injury which ultimately resulted in his breakup from Travis. Being the caring, patient and good natured g
Inked Reads
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
ThreeandHalfStars
This was a story of forgiveness, new chances, love and heart. Gloria seems to be the glue that holds this family together. With her having COPD, everyone rally's around her - wanting her to fight her illness.

There are several characters who create this story. I have not read the previous books in this series, but this one was supposed to be about Tom and Travis. I found Tom's character to be whiny and I had a hard time liking him. I liked Aaron much more in this story. Even thou
Amanda
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: MM fans
Shelves: mm
ARC received from author for honest review

In this third installment of the Bannon's Gym series we continue on with the lives of all the characters but more specifically, the relationship between Tom and Travis.

Tom and Travis definitely have something special between them, if only Tom can get past his mother-load of baggage. He feels that he didn't do enough to help his mother and so can't enjoy his own life when his surrogate mother needs him now. He also can't trust that what him and Travis ha
Brenda Cothern
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemp, m-m, romance, sports
It took some getting used to when Cat shifted from third person to first person (for Aaron only) but I can't remember if she did the same thing in the last two books. Still, once I adjusted, it no longer distracted me. Seeing Aaron's struggle hit close to home for me but like all the books I have read from Cat, she did an excellent job 'showing' how hard personal struggles can be. Not only Aaron's struggles but Travis and Tom's too.

If you have read the first two Bannon's Gym books, be ready to c
Rachel
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have loved all the books in this series.
This one continues with the same interaction with the main characters.
There are lots of emotional moments with loosing one of those characters and confronting past emotional demons.
I feel that there are still issues open and that we need another installment of this gym!!
Jody
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
The men of Bannon's Gym continue to get put through the emotional wringer, as do we readers, in this third installment in the series. This time around the men get to deal with loss and grief as they try to find happiness in this gripping read with intense feelings palpable throughout the story that leads to lots of ups and downs. Through all the chaos though is the strong and sturdy presence of Danny and Eddie who are juggling the diner, training stars for the UFC, and planning a wedding all whi ...more
Love Bytes Reviews
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star review by Dan

Another great book in the Bannon’s Gym Series. I really like this series. You definitely should read the first two books before beginning this one for continuity and background. I reread both books before beginning this one and still blew through all three of them in one weekend. The story just gets flowing and it is hard to stop!

Once again we’re drawn back into the world of Bannon’s Gym, with the whole host of characters from books one and two back again. Tom Delaney is st
Elizabetta

In this third book of the series we see a family form. Bannon’s Gym has been the unifying thing for Danny and Eddie and now, Tom and Travis. Travis’ ex, Aaron, gets his own POV (first person), which is still kinda weird but helps differentiate the characters’ actions.

This story is full of hard times as Aaron continues to fight his way out of all the bad choices he’s made before (see book 2). Including losing Travis. And this causes some tension for Travis and Tom. I found Aaron’s story
Caroline Brand
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

4.25 Stars

We are back with Tom and Travis and not much has changed. The biggest commitment in Tom’s life at the moment is taking care of Gloria whose health is rapidly declining. When Travis starts talking about them living together Tom starts to panic and caring for Gloria is becoming a handy excuse.

When Danny and Eddie employ a nurse to care for Gloria it is almost the final straw for Tom. He feels bereft. Not only is the nurse his boyfriends ex Aaron who has on
Jeannie Zelos
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tap Out, Cat Grant
Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews.
Genre: GLBT Romance
Well, this is the third in a series, and I hadn’t read the first two. They are basically stand alone books, although I think maybe I’d have been more invested into the characters and outcomes if I started at the beginning.
Its a nice mix of romance and drama, and everyday problems that beset people. I really felt for Aaron, he’d clearly been to the bottom and was slowly crawling back, and when things went wrong once aga
Joyfully Jay
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crissy
A Joyfully Jay review.

Tap Out is the third book in the Bannon’s Gym series. Can I just say “aww”? It’s about time you guys. I love Tom and Travis. Have since we met them in book one. And man, their story was definitely worthy of two books. I’m glad to see their relationship come full circle. I was worried there for a minute about their longevity, but thankfully—thankfully—this author knew how to play it to keep me wanting more. And that I did.

Seeing Aaron as a good guy? Just… wow. I di
Lucy Felthouse
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tap Out is the third book in the Bannon's Gym series from Cat Grant. I read and very much enjoyed the first two, so looked forward to seeing what was in store for the characters next.

While the switching POVs can be a little confusing, this book mainly tells the tale of Tom and Aaron, with lots of crossover between the two as their lives become intertwined. Without giving too much away, the storyline covers Aaron and his continuing struggle with injury and drugs, and Tom as he tries to get past h
Sue
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
January 18th to January 19, 2015

FREAKING FANTASTIC STORY....

What a great and incredible story between Travis and Tom. The relationship between them is rocky, hard, intense and broken. Many pieces have to come together before they can grow enough to get it. The other relationships in this close knit family all come together to hold each other up and welcome others in. This was a fantastic story about love, forgiveness, friendship and family. I loved this book, it was true to the Bannon's Gym Seri
Selina Durio
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tap Out is the third book in the Bannon’s Gym Series and while it could be read independently, it is best not to. This book is the story of Tom and Travis, while continuing the story about Eddie, Danny and Gloria. I have enjoyed reading about this “family” and how they interact with each other and the periphery of other characters. While this story includes some tragedy, it is a happy ever after, or should I call it a happy for now. I look forward to reading a happy ever after for Aaron.
Carrie Stevens
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
~*~My Thoughts~*~
A 5 star review
Well another great book in the Bannon's Gym series. I absolutely love this group of guys and so glad I read this book. Travis and Tom are amazing characters who I love to death. Aaron I absolutely adored and I'm really glad we got into his head on this book. All in all this was another great story and I cannot wait to read more by Cat.

Received a complimentary copy from NetGalley for an honest review.
Gerri
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

I loved this whole series. I liked the whole MMA aspect of it. Those guys have to train their butts off. Travis and Tom are made for each other. I hope we get more of Aaron's story. I highly recommend this book and series.
Blue Bayou .
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
More? Please...
Angela
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Angela by: Netgalley
Love this series. hope it continues.
Peppermaud
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hope this series continues...and Aaron gets a boyfriend
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews

3.5 Sweet yet emotional Stars!!

Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Samhain Publishing via NetGalley

Finally we get to see if Tom and Travis get their HEA.

I did like this book but I feel it was a bit stretched out. I could have easily seen book 2 & 3 been one book instead of 2. For Tom he has a world of personal issues causing him to be a bit emotionally stunted when it comes to relationships.

Tom wants Travis, but he's scared to let go of the only family he has ever known. His family
Veronica of V's Reads
I received an ARC of this book via NetGalley.
3.5 stars for this contemporary gay romance.

This is the third book in the Bannon's Gym series. I have not read the previous titles and was still able to understand the various relationships in this book fairly quickly.

Aaron is a recovering pain-pill addict. He'd had a back injury a while back, got addicted to his pain meds, lost his job and then stole from his boyfriend, Travis. All of this happened in a previous story. Now, he just wants to get fi
Vanessa theJeepDiva
I am three books into the hot mess that is Tom Delaney’s life and I still find some of his childish antics shocking. Readers are six years into his life with the Roscoe’s. While he has come a long way he still has so much further to go. He compounds many of his own issues. While he is an excellent fighter he has difficulties managing his anger outside of the cage. He intentionally and unintentionally hurts those that care about him.
He has more people in his life that care for him than he realiz
Crystal Marie
Jan 22, 2015 rated it liked it
I LOVED the first 2 book in this series. I’m not normally a MMA fan, but there was something about this book that I just couldn’t connect with and that is why it has such a low rating from me.
I did like how we were still able to visit and catch up with the “Old Crew” from the first books, and there was enough drama and excitement happening that kept the story going. But I just couldn’t connect with Tom at all throughout the story. There was plenty of the smutty scenes that added to the story bet
J
Apr 29, 2015 rated it liked it
I think I rationalized the turn to darker and heavier themes in the second book of this series with an unacknowledged expectation for this one to really pick up in tone. No such luck. The struggle to make ends meet, to maintain sobriety, to care for a dying relative, to work full-time while training for a major competition...these characters have both literal and metaphorical heavy bags they struggle against.

I also have a single complaint to loudly and indignantly voice: the sudden "accidental"
Natalija
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
In short, the whole series was great. I had some trouble with the second book, but I loved and rooted for these characters from the start and I will re-read these books again. Danny, Eddie, Tom, Travis and Gloria... I'm having a hard time letting them go. As for Aaron, I was hoping for a different resolution, but I'm glad it ended the way it did. He was happy and so was I. I strongly recommend this series and it should be read in order.
Annika
Jul 11, 2016 rated it liked it
3,5 stars
♥J ♥
Dec 07, 2014
Ann
Dec 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
If you're looking for epic sci-fi, fantasy, or historicals, that's not me. Contemporary all the way, baby!

However, if you're looking for down to earth, complicated characters dealing with real-world problems (and the occasional comfort read!), I might just fit the bill. :)

My Books:

Courtland Chronicles (m/m & m/m/f)
By Chance
Strictly Business
Complications
The Arrangement
Triad

Allegro Vivace (m/m)

Bannon's Gym (4 books)
  • Black Dog (Bannon's Gym, #1)
  • Takedown (Bannon's Gym, #2)
  • Below the Belt (Bannon's Gym, 1 & 2)