Start by marking “The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl #3)” as Want to Read:
The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl #3)

The Eternity Code

(Artemis Fowl #3)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  130,291 ratings  ·  2,483 reviews
Thirteen-year-old criminal mastermind Artemis Fowl has constructed a supercomputer from stolen fairy technology. In the wrong hands it could be fatal for humans and fairies alike. But no need to worry, Artemis has a brilliant plan. He's not going to use the computer; he's just going to show it to a ruthless American businessman with Mafia connections. His bodyguard, Butler ...more
Published April 6th 2006 by Puffin (first published April 27th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Eternity Code, please sign up.
Alex8.17.4 Jon Spiro underestimated Mulch and thought that the simple task would easily done. Unfortunately for him mulch could tunnel out!
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Maria
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  130,291 ratings  ·  2,483 reviews

Start your review of The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl #3)
Jayson
(A-) 82% | Very Good
Notes: Wherein characters edge toward the brink of life-altering change, (view spoiler).
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl #3), Eoin Colfer

Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code covers Jon Spiro's theft of the fictional C Cube and its recovery. Jon Spiro is an American businessman, who has his bodyguard kill Butler and steals Artemis's C Cube, which is a handheld supercomputer that he made from stolen fairy technology.

Butler, after dying (and being put into a fish freezer in an emergency attempt at cryonic preservation), is resurrected by the elf Holly Short. Mulch Diggums (under the pse
Ruthie
Dec 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
What I love about Artemis Fowl is that, unlike Harry Potter, good things don't just happen to him because he was born special. Things happen his way because he's smart - he thinks ahead and he always out-plans his opponent. And he's just a kid. I've always loved books about an invincible kid hero. (think: Ender) But don't read these books looking for Ender. :-) Artemis is a criminal who makes just enough truly good decisions to keep him interesting all the way through.

The first book was a little
Ahmed  Ejaz
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, full-lengths
I never tell people exactly how clever I am. They would be too scared

Artemis, invents a supercomputer which no human can think of. Just extraordinary! (I don't want to spoil this what that comp. can do)
The name of his invention is C Cube. It is made by the technologies of Fairies also. Artemis uses the things which his bodyguard confiscated from fairies in the first book.
Now, as always, Artemis wants fortune. Huge amount of Fortune. So he plans to sell his astonishing invention to a bus
Alaina
Slowly, but surely, making my way through this series.

I'm definitely enjoying my re-read of the Artemis Fowl Series. I did take a break between books 2 and 3 though because I watched the movie based - it's on Disney+. It was good and interesting but I of course was comparing it to the book. Still enjoyable though but I'm glad that I didn't pay to see the movie in theaters.

Back to the book, well in The Eternity Code you have the gang back together. There's just something about Artemis, Holly an
Veronique
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really rather enjoyed this next adventure of Artemis Fowl and the fairies. It helps that the previous two books fleshed out the characters. I find I’ve come to care for all of them :0)

Colfer also puts together some brilliant plots. Here it is maybe a little more straightforward, which is not a negative, and features a crazy heist a la Mission Impossible. Lots of fun!
★ Jess
Aug 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
Mind Blowing Technology, sarcastic centaurs, A kleptomaniac Dwarf, a 13 year old criminal Genius, a crippled body guard, faries and tight security sky scrappers.
This is Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code!

A tale of Action, Adventure, Comedy and friendship- Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code has it all !

The Eternity Code is 13 year old anti-hero Artemis Fowl’s 3rd adventure, and perhaps his most exciting yet.
In this story, Artemis has made a high tech gadget, using stolen fairy technology-decad
Elsa Qazi
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

"The world will remember the name of Artemis Fowl."

This book had me engrossed. Though not as good as the first one this was still a masterpiece. The action, character development and ingenious designs of the boy genius had me on the edge of my seat. Will be forever grateful for this series.
Adibah Atiqa (persephtiyareads)
“And one more thing. About my name — Artemis — you were right. In London, it is generally a female name, after the Greek goddess of archery. But every now and then a male comes along with such a talent for hunting that he earns the right to use the name. I am that male. Artemis the hunter. I hunted you.”

Oh, Artemis ! You're such a devious genius little creature and you have my heart for that because why ? YOU JUST MAKE ME CRY

The third book in this installment make me fond of these characters
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I loved The Arctic Incident so much that this was a bit of a letdown as the follow-up. Having said that, it was a very entertaining book. Even though I have a paper copy, I picked up the audiobook narrated by a favorite British actor of mine, Nathaniel Parker. He narrated the heck out of it. I loved his various accents, everything from Irish to New Yorker.

Artemis is still being a criminal genius, but his conscience is being impacted by his father's return and new lease on life, and his associat
Dean Ryan Martin
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-top-choice
Done reading THE ETERNITY CODE - Book 3 in Artemis Fowl octalogy. I am loving the character development, especially in the first three chapters. The author manages to add an extra layer of depth to all the major characters. I hardly know Artemis Fowl in the first two books but here, I get to understand him on a more personal level. One, he keeps an encrypted journal about his father's recovery. Two, Butler died saving his master but magically resurrected. Thanks to Captain Holly Short. Three, a ...more
Susy
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars
I looooved being back with Artemis, Holly and Butler and follow them on their adventures. That I've grown attached to all these characters became clearly apparent when (view spoiler)

The writing is getting better and I’m growing very attached to all the characters. Very much looking forward to the next book!
Marina
Nov 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Eternity Code is the strongest book in the series so far.

Artemis has changed from the villainous mastermind 12-year old we met in the first book, but a lot of the things in his life has changed. He has family back, he has friends, and most importantly Artemis has grown a lot as a person: he has developed a conscience. None of which would have been possible if wasn't for fair-folk in the Lower Element Holly, Folly, Root, and of course Mulch.

But even with all of that, Artemis is not ready to l
✨R   y   e✨
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-5-star-book
Nicole Dust
I know how this book ends but THAT DOESN'T MEAN I DON'T CRY EVERY TIME.

<3333
camille.andherbooks
Artemis is such a polarising character. On one hand, you can see how vulnerable and emotionally stunted he is because of his upbringing and complications of him being a child genius, so you empathize with him. On the other hand, you know that he's still just a cheeky boy that you can't help but just shake your head on his schemes and deviousness. 🤦🏻‍♀️ ...more
David
Sep 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Stephanie Wright
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
For those of you who have read Eoin Colfer's series about Artemis Fowl, you will understand the possibility for addiction. That is also true for those who have read J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series of books and Lemony Snicket's books written by Lemony Snicket and Brent Helquist. You read one book and the author transports you to a realm that is far away and filled with wonder. You do not have to be a child or young adult to be drawn in. That is the case for me with Eoin Colfer's books. Books 3 ...more
Jamie
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I actually enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would! I remember reading the first two a couple years ago and not being that enthused, but I had a fun time reading this. It’s pretty fast paced and super easy to get into the story, and over all I found it really enjoyable.

The writing style sometimes got a bit annoying, with some dialogue or small actions seeming a bit unrealistic, but I realised that I might not have thought that a couple years ago, when I was more in the age group intended.
luc
ocean's 11 my ass ...more
Madeleine (Top Shelf Text)
This was my favorite in the Artemis Fowl series so far! I love how this book revealed more of the relationships between the characters and the plot was so well done. Once again, the audiobook was fantastic.
BAM Endlessly Booked
I didn't really like this book as much as the other two. I'm not sure why I think it has something to do with Butler. I did enjoy seeing his sister being a bigger part of the story this time. ...more
Lulu
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have vivid memories of the first two Artemis Fowl books, but apparently none whatsoever for this one. Apparently I didn't reread it very often -- which is a shame, because it is an excellent instalment.

The characters really come into their own here, with great chemistry between all the cast -- plus, Juliet gets to play a bigger role, and she is so much fun. The writing style has really picked up too, and while the plot doesn't have quite as much going on as in previous books (that is, not ever
Kit
Jul 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Having read books one to six, I have always liked the Eternity Code best in the Artemis Fowl series. It shows Artemis at his best and most interesting: still cold, still calculating, but beginning to doubt himself and his motives, on the cusp of the redemption journey that takes up the rest of the series. The balance between Artemis’s old criminal ways and his new take on life is just right in the Eternity Code, as on either side he swings too much one way or the other. It’s the first time he is ...more
Chuck
Jan 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
So far, my favorite in the series.

Artemis has managed to restore both of his parents not only to the land of the living, but to health. There's a down side--Dad is a reformed man, more concerned about family than wealth, so Artemis must control his shenanigans. He decides to have one last caper . . .

Unfortunately, he tries to extort money from one or the most ruthless industrialists in the world, which has the very bad effect of inadvertently putting fairy technology (far more advanced than anyt
Katrina
Mar 07, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teen and pre-teen, boys especially
Recommended to Katrina by: found it in the library
Summary: fast paced action, a little humor, the gang is back. Artemis Fowl gets in trouble trying to use fairy technology to land some cash in a scheme that causes all kinds of serious mayhem. He and the fairies have to work together to prevent the clash of worlds.
What I appreciate about Eoin Colfer is that his books don't change from juvenile to adult fiction halfway through the series like some other series out there. My boys have more leisure time and read ahead of me, so with the Artemis Fo
Lazybee
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Mulch is the best supporting character in the series. He is witty, clever and shady as hell, but still lovable. The kleptomaniac dwarf stole the show in this book.

Artemis fowl decides to build a mini-super computer, C Cube, using the fairy technology. But the plan goes awry when he underestimates an enemy. And the C cube ends up in the hands of Criminal.
Kimberley doruyter
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
this one was for lack of a nicer word boring.
but becuase i liked the first two i will try the next one in the series i see if it gets good again.
Katie
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, june-2020
This book moved so much more quickly than I remembered. It's like I blinked and the book was over!

We once again follow ACTUAL criminal mastermind Artemis Fowl (not the whiny child presented in the movie. Seriously, if you've never read these books, don't judge them based on that dumpster fire) as he attempts one last con before going straight. Of course, it goes awry and he requires assistance from the fairy folk. This time, there is a price for their help.

I just love Artemis so much. He's such
John Loyd
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Artemis Fowl #3. Artemis invents the C Cube, a sort of gizmo to replace every electronic device ever. He shows it to Jon Spiro, not to sell, but to hold off production if his price is met. He's rushing into this rash move because soon his father could be well enough again to take over the family business. Spiro has no compunction against killing and has his lackeys open fire on Artemis and takes the Cube.

The cube is protected by encryption. It's not immediately useful to Spiro, but it's possible

• The Tower of Nero (The Trials of Apollo, #5)
  • Zmajir I boja koje nema (Mrežir, #2)
  • Mia and me, Band 01: Mia und die Elfen
  • Zmaj ispod Staroga grada
  • Magyk (Septimus Heap, #1)
  • Stormbreaker (Alex Rider, #1)
  • The Golem's Eye (Bartimaeus, #2)
  • The Throne of Fire (The Kane Chronicles, #2)
  • Skeleton Key (Alex Rider, #3)
  • Eagle Strike (Alex Rider, #4)
  • Brainwalker
  • Scorpia (Alex Rider, #5)
  • Point Blank (Alex Rider, #2)
  • The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles, #1)
  • Deprivation House (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #22)
  • Ark Angel (Alex Rider, #6)
  • The Serpent's Shadow (The Kane Chronicles, #3)
Eoin Colfer (pronounced Owen) was born in Wexford on the South-East coast of Ireland in 1965, where he and his four brothers were brought up by his father and mother, who were both educators.

He received his degree from Dublin University and began teaching primary school in Wexford. He has lived and worked all over the world, including Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and Italy. After the publication of the A

Artemis Fowl (8 books)
  • Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1)
  • The Arctic Incident  (Artemis Fowl #2)
  • The Opal Deception (Artemis Fowl #4)
  • The Lost Colony (Artemis Fowl #5)
  • The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl #6)
  • The Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl #7)
  • The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl #8)