Start by marking “Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch (Black Depths #1)” as Want to Read:
Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch (Black Depths #1)

Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch

(Black Depths #1)

An alternate cover edition can be found here.

Death, power, transformation.... When Nessa's dad dies, the last thing she's expecting is to lose everything else too. But when her hair suddenly turns electric red, and her estranged grandma turns up on her doorstep ready to haul her off to an isolated island, that's exactly what happens. In one day, Nessa losses her mother and
Published May 29th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published April 21st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch

Sherry Fundin
Anyone that knows me, knows I love anything to do with our oceans, seas, lakes…water of any kind…and mermaids, so when I saw Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch, I had to have it. The cover had me hooked and the more I read, the more I became involved with Nessa’s life.

The fantasy elements were woven into the human elements so well, I was able to get lost in the pages and become a part of Nessa’s world. The surrounding characters all played an important part and she will learn what it’s like to work
Sasha
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch
First I would like to state that I received this book through the Goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review. I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity and honor in being able to read this book. When I received this book I began reading it at once. I really enjoy the authors writing style. This book was a very interesting read. The authors writing style kept you interested from the first chapter to the very last. There were loads of ac
Maciej
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Joan
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch is an excellent read. The granddaughter and grandmother are strong female characters but they don't over shadow the male leads. Plenty of action and edge of your seat moments to keep both teen boys and girls reading. There is teenage angst that young adults will relate to and just the right amount of romance. After all who doesn't love a pirate. (or want to be one)
Dan Jackman
Oct 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-read
I received this book through a Goodreads giveaway.

If my hair suddenly turn red and I found out I was a Sea-Witch, I'm not so sure that I'd be as disappointed as Nessa. An entertaining read, if not quite what I expected. The only criticism I would offer would be the large gaps in the folklore to prepare for the subsequent volumes to follow.
Sarah Hunter
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A new magical world at it's finest! I cannot wait for the sequel so I can discover how Nessa and her friends continue on. This book has also inspired me to plan a vacation to Vancouver Island :-)
Sandy Newman
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I couldn't put this book down! Vanessa's thinks her life has changed when her dad died but she doesn't know her life is really going to truly change starting with her hair and eyes. Then her life gets more crazy and she learns a unbelievable secret about herself and her grandmother. When she starts to settle into her new life it gets scary for her and her friends could be in danger.
Jason
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting young adult read about a sea witch

This is an interesting young adult read about a sea witch learning about herself and her heritage.

I still really don’t like the grandmother that is supposed to be caring for her granddaughter. She is too harsh and uncaring, (yes-even with what happened at the end)

but do like the other characters in the book.
Patricia A.Bunn
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book

Great Book I was just wondering what happened?
I love the book and I think that you might like it too
Thank You For Letting Me Read this book I love 💘💘
The book will keep you wanting more
Heather Lopez
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thrilling

Once you start it was hard to pit it down. Wonderful job by the writer. I felt like I was apart of the book I was reading
Shakyra Dunn
“TALES OF A REDHEADED SEA WITCH”
J.E Hunter

I received a copy of this book via YA Bound Book Tour, and was allowed the opportunity to review it!
For my review, I broke this story down into three separate categories: the good, the bad, and the ‘meh’ as a whole. This does not pertain to any sequels, prequels or midquels (if applicable).
Let the games begin!

THE GOOD:
• “All magic comes with a price.” Rumpelstiltskin has definitely said it best, and that is something that I feel most media that involves
TheCosyDragon
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it

What Nessa knows won’t hurt her, right? When her father dies, she finds herself causing strange watery issues and then she is packed off to a deserted island with just her crazy grandmother for company.

Nessa is an interesting character with her own mind, and she truly grows throughout the novel. It’s not just plot driven, there is definitely char
J.B. Rafferty
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
J.E. Hunter manages to create a magically wonderful world that seems all too real in our current time. Her tale of sea witches, and mermaids, and selkies, and I must mention her unique take on pirates, unfolds gracefully and with a sense of great angst. Her bad guy has a creep factor of ten, before getting even worse. I look forward to reading the next book in the series!
LauRen Jimenez
Aug 17, 2018
Balaji Dasi Curran
Jul 16, 2018
Joseph Campbell
Young Adult Story with romance, witches and Neptunians! I enjoyed it!
Akitha Jayasundara
Jan 06, 2018
Natasha Collins
Jul 05, 2017
J.E. Hunter
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Allyson
Sep 19, 2018
Boyko Ovcharov
Mar 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Broken Dolls (The Telepathic Clans, # 3)
  • Death to the Undead (Life After the Undead #2)
  • Pretty Dark Sacrifice (Pretty Dark Nothing, #2)
  • Crimson Dahlia (Svatura, #3)
  • Bloodmoon (Bloodmark Saga, #3)
  • Your Name, In Fire (Vampire Geek Cycle, #1)
  • Satan's Son
  • Mythicals
  • Myths and Magic: An Epic Fantasy and Speculative Fiction Boxed Set
  • The Night Dahlia (Nightwise, #2)
  • Dawn of the Infected: A Prequel Novella (Hybrid Chronicles)
  • Brink of Dawn (Chosen #2)
  • The Divine Arsonist: A Tale of Awakening
  • Kidnap (Guy Erma and the Son of Empire, #1)
  • At The Sharp End of Lightning (Oceanlight #1)
  • Dark Light: Dawn
  • Fiery Edge of Steel (Noon Onyx, #2)
  • Frostwalker
J. E. Hunter lives in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, and began writing at a young age as an excuse to stay indoors during the cold winters. Several trips to the Pacific coast brought the inspiration for the Black Depths Series. J. E. Hunter has spent many years working in the field of environmental engineering and protection, a common theme in her works. When not reading, writing, or working, J. ...more

Black Depths (5 books)
  • Broken Tide (Black Depths #2)
  • Dark Shores (Black Depths #3)
  • Doomed Seas (Black Depths #4)
  • Twisted Currents (Black Depths #5)