Start by marking “Service Design for Business: A Practical Guide to Optimizing the Customer Experience” as Want to Read:

A practical approach to better customer experience through service design "Service Design for Business" helps you transform your customer's experience and keep them engaged through the art of intentional service design. Written by the experts at Livework, this practical guide offers a tangible, effective approach for better responding to customers' needs and demands, and p ...more
Published December 14th 2015 by Wiley (first published June 22nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Service Design for Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Service Design for Business

Paulo Peres
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: service-design
The authors had a great ability to break down and break many concepts of Service design throughout the book. Thing I imagine you may have harmed me a little. In addition to this ability, there are many pearls diluted in various phrases throughout the book and on various topics. What if you pay attention, you can get several rich teachings. However, it remains a good book for those seeking knowledge in the area. However, for those who have read various literatures on the subject of design thinkin ...more
Lars K Jensen
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: work
Despite the "A Practical Guide" label, this book is way more theoretical than it is practical.

As a reader you are introduced to some of the terms and methods used in Service Design, but I am missing some practical case stories explaining some of the methods mentioned.

And some of the cases in the book are described somewhat abstract - which limits what you can gain from them.

An example:

"A large financial services firm found itself behind the curve with digital. They had invested in a haphazard ma
Glenn Burnside
Jul 11, 2016 rated it liked it
I'd have preferred to see more examples of practical applications of the various tools enumerated in the appendix. Diagrams throughout the book were more confusing than enlightening. Some valuable core concepts, but overall missing in the meat of how to actually implement and use this process to develop service designs.
Adam Miller
Feb 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: business
A good high level overview of the concept with some reasonable examples presented.

I haven't yet had the chance to review the mentioned website to see what sort of examples of information is provided there, but I'd say that the biggest weakness of the book is too few identifiable concrete examples. While I understand that certain clients desire their anonymity, without a few more clear real world examples it can be difficult to clearly visualize some of what is discussed.

In earlier days I would h
Eric Morris
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a good ‘101’ introduction to service design. It does a good job of introducing methodology and terms. However, it’s lacking in real-life examples; the examples included are non-specific and vague. Creativity, Inc. would be a good companion read to help readers get a better sense of promoting innovative ways of approaching a problem and designing a product.
Agnieszka Siedlczyńska
Good introduction for those who start their adventure with service design. More detailed and touching on more aspects than e.g. 'This is Service Design Thinking'.
DLG
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not bad, but not stellar. If you've taken business or sales in college this is pretty common knowledge. Kind of convoluted in some parts.
Paulo Peres
Buy and find pearls

Esben Groendal
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: design, business
First part was a bit slow for me, but I guess that's natural. For every book in this field, there are some basics to cover. I'm glad I stuck through though, as the book provides good examples of how service design can help an organisation. The authors are good at tying up their point about user experience with the bottom line.

As a budding service designer, I feel the book will come in handy as a reference later on, as I will surely encounter people on the other side who are reluctant to buy int
Jari Pirhonen
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good introduction to service design thinking and related tools. Service design is a hot topic in many organizations right now and it's useful to understand the basics of it. The idea is simple - focus on customer experience and needs instead of organizational goals. The authors also discuss how service design approach can help with innovating new services and building a more agile organization.
Fred Zimny
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it
There is something about this book.

My working assumption was a quick read and a 4.5 star review

However, for some reason (nu pun intended, Ben) I kept it on my bookshelf for many months.

I like the topic and the focus.

But, the structure of the book did not assist the processing of the insights and expertise for me

Shame on me and to the editor of the book.

Manu
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
It is an excellent book for getting an overview of service design. I wished that the author delved into specific methods that evaluate service design better.
vijay
Mar 07, 2017
Andriy Y
Oct 26, 2016
Hanna
rated it did not like it
Sep 15, 2018