Start by marking “Force of Gravity (Gravity #1)” as Want to Read:
Force of Gravity (Gravity #1)

Force of Gravity

(The Force of Gravity #1)

"I blast the stereo in a vain attempt to drown out my thoughts. I don’t want to be thinking about him and analyzing every detail of first period. It makes me feel like a young, foolish girl, and I’m embarrassed that I can’t control the way my body reacts every time his eyes meet mine."

In a quiet town in the East Valley of Phoenix, Arizona, everything in life is seemingly
Kindle Edition, First, 422 pages
Published July 12th 2014 by Slate Publishing (first published July 9th 2014)

Penelope Douglas
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've tried to deny it. I've tried to move on, but the truth is...I love high school. This was a really captivating read! Thanks to the reader who suggested this, and I'll definitely look for the next book in the series.

I love taboo, especially when the author capitalizes on that aspect and makes it truly forbidden. That was done very well in this book. As far as student-teacher romances go, this one sets itself apart in two respects: the student and teacher meet as student and teacher. There is
Beverly
Sep 23, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Forbidden love…Stars

Kaley Kennedy is an eighteen year old senior and is a few months away from graduation when her calculus teacher suddenly dies, and is replaced with Mr. Slate. Kaley is immediately drawn to Mr. Slate. After one class with Mr. Slate she is questioning her 7 month relationship with her boyfriend. Needless to say, the story is told from Kaley’s point of view and let’s face it Kaley is an eighteen year old girl, she is quick to love, jump to conclusions, and isn’t aways ration
Angela
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay first off we can add this book to the list of my favorite titles, and to my list of books I cover-lust. Those might be the two things that drew me into this book, but it wasn't the reason I stayed around. What hooked me in was how this book was purely, oh so entertaining. I've been in one of the worst reading slumps ever, and this brought me right out of it!

When it came to Force's main character Kaley there was something that would usually bother me about her, but somehow ended up working i
Kika
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5+++ stars

If you like reading teacher/student forbidden romance stories then i promise you, you'll definitely enjoy this one. It was the page-turner of all page-turners. I loved it!

There was nothing original about the story,especially if you read a lot of t/s novels, but in this kind of forbidden romances usually the guy/teacher comes off as a creepy predator. Lets face it, when a teacher goes after an underage (which in this case she was not), naive student you can't help but think that there m
Kisses A
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it
So to sum things up the protagonist ( forgot her name) comes to class and is told her Math teacher died and a new one took his place, Elijah Slate. He is 25 and "hot" in the typical way (u know what I am talking abt). The fall in love( insert insta love) and have a secret relationship. Her parents are having trouble and well she has trust issues. The end.
It was OK. Nothing I haven't read before. I swear though if I have to hear Slate say baby one more time I will scream and break my tablet.
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
One of the best student- teacher forbidden relationships I've read in a while.
I.could.not.put.this.book.down!
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
What?! What kind of ending is that??????
Rate: 4/3-3.5 stars.
Just
Maybe I'm too old for this shit. I mean, I like forbidden taboo love stories, but maybe I should stick with "student/professor" as in college age. The writting was good, but Kaley made me want to pat her on the shoulder and give her some friendly advice. "Suck it up and get it together" would have been number 1. She was whiney and insecure. It took half the book for them to finally get together and when they did... it escalated quickly. I felt like I missed a couple chapters that explained how t ...more
Lea
Unteachable ruined everything for me.

Had I not read UT before The Force of Gravity, I probably would've rated this 4 stars. I'm telling you, everything.

As I've mentioned again and again, student-teacher books rate about as high in my preference list as shifter dolphin ménage books rate low. (It does exist, by the way. I cried too.)
Knowing this, it should come as no surprise that I jumped on TFoG when I learned of its existence.

Now, let me tell you a little about the characters.

I'm going to start
Denise
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was another teacher-student romance book that also touched on family issues and high school drama. I loved Elijah (the teacher) but he seemed exponentially more emotionally mature than Kayley. Other than the fact that she is beautiful, I didn't see what Elijah found attractive in her.

In a nutshell, this was an entertaining read. I liked it!
Rosaline (Rosaline's Rolls & Scrolls)
Well this was a drag and I am bummed!

It is common knowledge that I'd die for a good and gritty cup of forbidden romance between a student and a teacher, so naturally I had to pick this book up. However, I found it lacking in many aspects.
For a teacher-student romance to grab my attention, it has to drag me around by my heart, play with my emotions, and actually make sense to me at the same time. I have to feel how wrong it is and still want it to happen. That's why I like teacher-student romanc
m •  the professional fangirl
4 "Forbidden" Stars

Wow! Wasn't that book incredibly AMAZING?! I expected to like it, simply because I REALLY like teacher/student Romance and have yet to find one I didn't like. But the truth is: I didn't like it, I FREAKING LOVED IT! This book sucked me in from the very first page, I literally couldn't stop reading. At one point I even decided that sleep wasn’t a priority at four in the morning. Sleep is insignificant when you're reading an amazing book!

First, meet Kaley Kennedy an 18 years old
Jacqueline
Sep 24, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 almost 4 stars

Student-teacher stories are a fave of mine, all that sneaking around and forbidden naughtiness can make for a really good read.

This is narrated in first person by 18 year Kaley and unfortunately I did find her to be a little immature which had the unfortunate effect of making her love/lust interest Slate seem a little too much like a creepy predator at times. These stories can easily move between creepy uncomfortable and forbidden scorching, it's a fine line sometimes. Their in
Allison ☾
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I almost NEVER read stories like this because I don’t care much for them (so that may affect my review), but I was looking for something I could read with my best friend. We needed to find common ground, and we found it here. When I picked this up I did not realize it was the author’s debut novel! To me it reads like an experienced novelist had written it, so kudos to the author who has a true talent. Onto the story itself.

“It’s like the force of gravity, Kaley. You can’t fight it, no matter ho
Sam
2.5 out of 5 stars

So, I was really really really really really really excited to read this book. I knew that it was a teacher student romance where the student and teacher didn’t meet until after they were already teacher and student, and that made me really excited, because I haven’t read one like that before and it was on my teacher-student-story wishlist. I hoped that my other teacher-student-wishlist items might also be in this book—most importantly, a heroine who is actually mature enough (
Melody Kimmons-Allen
Sep 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Solid Stars for FOG

This was a very interesting take on a student teacher romance. I very much enjoyed it; although I wanted to scream through half the book. The characters in this book baffled me beyond belief. I don't think I've ever talked to myself or yelled this much whilst dealing with a muted, unresponsive object! I had to keep reminding myself - these are high-school students here.
The basic concept is about a high school student- Kaley- a lost soul. She is running through life on auto p
Paula
Dec 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
I'm a HUGE fan of teacher/student romances. I love the forbiddenness, how undeniably wrong that attraction can feel despite how right I want to believe it is. But let's face it, teacher/student romances of late can feel cliche. At the end of the day, how many different ways can that plot line go, really? What I loved about The Force of Gravity was the effort this author made to set this book apart. In many T/S books I've read, the teacher meets the student BEFORE they ever realize that they are ...more
Meagan
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult, so-amazing

This may be my favorite student/teacher romance. This book was seriously fantastic. I didn’t love every character or each scene, but that’s what made it stand out from all the others. It had a realness that I think is missing in many NA romance. Snarky, supposed “best friends,” boyfriends that pressure you into sex, and the realization that your parents are people too, all played a part in this story. The Fine Art of Pretending is the perfect mix of the normal high school problems everyone deals

Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Well this was a very addictive read! I just love a good forbidden romance story and this completely delivers on that :)

Elijah Slade is just 25 years old and has been called in to replace a teacher who has recently passed away. He teaches math to senior students and is very passionate about his subject. When one of his new students, Kaley, walks into his classroom his interest is piqued. He is a good looking guy and is used to students flirting with him a lot but this is the first time he is feel
Noël Cades
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: student-teacher romance fans
The Force of Gravity is the classic student-teacher romance:

- new hot teacher
- lust at first sight
- trying to fight the attraction
- giving in
- sneaking around
- nearly getting caught
- graduating/going public

If you like student-teacher romance, all the elements are here.

I would agree with other reviewers that the heroine Kaley seems a little immature to attract Mr Slate. That said I found her character pretty convincingly written for a rather unworldly, girlish 18-year-old.

More focus on he
Candi-
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG, I absolutely loved this student/teacher romance. Once I started this book, I was hooked and could not put it down!!

Mr. Slate aka Elijah......HOLLLLLYY SWOON!!!

photo zgravity.jpg

He tries to fight his attraction for Kaley and go by the rules but he wants her more than he wants anything else. Will he give in to his feelings and finally tell her how he feels or keep his distance?

photo zhale1.jpg

From the moment Kalay lays eyes on her new teacher she is hooked!! She doesn't think he will want anything to do with an 18 year old
Allison
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
....it's like a force of gravity you can't fight it, no matter how hard you try, it's scientific fact. It can't be stopped....

I think I waited the whole book to read and like this quote.. but frankly I found this book a bit disturbing, I Know it's the "ole Taboo" romance thing and I have read similar subject matter but this just felt so over the line for me. And finding it being a series even makes me cringe a wee bit more.
As a tech/ timeline thing I found some big "WWWhat holes" the major bein
Nikki
Aug 08, 2014 rated it liked it
3 1/2

This story follows along with Kaley and Mr. Slate, who happens to be her new math teacher after an unexpected incident leaving her old math teacher no longer in the picture. Her once perfect life, now seems unfulfilling as she finds herself struggling with where she wants to go in life. Things such as parties, prom and just the typical high school actions no longer seem important to her. Slowly she begins to blur the lines between just being a student and wanting something more.

The interact
Mihaela
Sep 22, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: disappointing, arcs
Why the one star review? Because this book completely lacked originality. I found so much of Gabriel’s Inferno in it.

While I’m not against getting your inspiration from another story, I will not tolerate plagiarism. Not cool.

After I was done with it I was thinking that I’ll write a lengthy review explaining what’s what but now I think it will only be a waste of my time and of that I’ve wasted enough reading this story.

No. Just NO.

I won't buy the other volumes because I already know what happens
Kelly Freeman
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG I can not believe this is her debut novel!!! Girl this book kicked ass ... If you have not already picked it up do it now!!

Student and teacher ... Forbidden relationship ... Undeniable attraction ... Amazing story!!

Fell in love with this book from the first page!!
The characters were so easy to love, the story was well written and flowed perfectly!!!

"I don't normally have an eight pack, though. It's new"
"It's new? I ask
"What? Did you buy it off amazon or something?"

#ProfessorMcHottie #swoon
Cristina
I should've seen this coming but not at this level of immaturity. The h is in HS so I tried to be "understanding".
However...
The h killed this book (in a bad way). I can take some some but don't overdo it.
Sorry ya'll not the book for me. She basically made out with 3 different guys while dating two of them...couldn't keep up.
Erika
Oct 18, 2014 rated it liked it
It was promising, but it eventually just fizzled out. I do, however, love that it was a student/teacher romance where they actually met in school. If you are going to tackle a taboo subject, go all the way with it instead of the whole finding out later that he/she is actually my teacher.
Carissa
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fav-books, arc-s-2014

4 "McHottie"Stars

HOT.TEACHER.TABOO. HELL YEAH!!!

The Force of Gravity is one of the best student, teacher romances, I've read. This book was enthralling till the end. It kept me wanting more, just simply wanting on the whole.

Kaley Kennedy and Mr. Slate meet within the confines of the Math classroom at Kaley's high school. At eighteen all Kaley is excited about is attending USC for college. Then there's the dreaded "V" card that she's holding on to. However, it's not so much that she's ho
Sharon Mariampillai
January 2019 Review

This was an amazing read. I am glad that I decided to re-read this book. The story is about a student-teacher relationship that begins after Mr. Slate replaces the former math teacher after he died. Kaley Christine Kennedy is 18 and she does act a bit immature for her age. However, I thought that as the story progress, her character became more understandable. Then, there is Mr. Elijah Garrett Slate aka Professor McHottie, is a 25-year-old math teacher who flips Kaley's life
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Teacher/Student Erotic Romance 5 37 Aug 16, 2015 06:01AM

• Distraction (The Distraction Trilogy, #1)
  • Beautiful Torment (Beautiful, #1)
  • Broken Ever After (Ever After, #1)
  • Heartless (Chasing Hearts, #1)
  • The Low Notes (Wexley Falls, #1)
  • Better (Too Good, #2)
  • Eighteen at Last (Wilson Mooney #2)
  • Flanders Point
  • Teaching Willow: Session One  (Teaching Willow, #1)
  • Nocturne
  • Star-Crossed
  • Execution (Off Balance, #2)
  • Forbidden Lessons (Forbidden Love #1)
  • Sweetest Taboo
  • Veiled Innocence
  • Any Way We Want (Want, #1)
  • Falling to Pieces (Fate and Circumstance, #1)
  • Because of Him (Fortunate #1)
Kelly Stevenson is the national bestselling author of Force of Gravity.

Find more at KellyStevensonAuthor.com.

You can also connect with Kelly on the following social media platforms:
Facebook.com/KellyStevensonAuthor
Instagram.com/KellyStevensonAuthor
Twitter.com/KellyStevenson_
“He's an idiot for letting you walk away in that dress tonight.” 4 likes
“Standing directly in front of my desk, he peers down at me as I slowly raise my head, meeting his focused eyes. Suddenly, I can't feel my lips” 3 likes