Start by marking “Torrent (Condemned, #1)” as Want to Read:
Torrent (Condemned, #1)

Torrent (Condemned #1)

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  5,330 Ratings  ·  660 Reviews
I was fifteen when I sent the love of my life to prison for a crime he didn’t commit.

Rafe Mason.

Rising MMA star.

My brother’s best friend.

The guy I destroyed with a single lie.

Now eight years have passed, and Rafe is free. And he only wants one thing.

Me, at his mercy.

And I am. I’m a prisoner on his island, held captive by his deviant desires, bound by his justified fury. Ev
Published July 22nd 2014 (first published July 21st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Torrent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torrent

Lisa
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, for-review

2 Stars

description

Torrent is book one in Gemma James’ new Condemned series. I had really high hopes for this book seeing as I am a big fan of dark and gritty romances; however, somewhere along the line the execution of this tale fell a little short for me. I want to adamantly state that my reasons for why this book did not work for me have nothing to do with this author’s skill as a writer. Ms. James writes extremely well and has definitely managed to create a book that encapsulates all that is dark, gritt
Christy
4 messed up stars!

photo 652a819f-faa0-4f73-9aba-fb900c6ae6de_zps9b62e125.jpg

Don’t you love when you finish a book and you just sit there thinking… what in the actual fuck was that? I’m pretty sure that was my first thought after reading Torrent. Dark, twisted, intense and messed up. That’s the best way to describe this one.
I’m coming for you.
It all starts with a note. When Alex receives this, she knows her life is going to change. She’s just not sure how. After the innocent man she put in prison is out, she knows something is coming.

Eight years. T
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Re xB by sb_zpsiu4dgdux.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (5/25/2015)
COVERGASM! Torrent (Condemned, #1) by Gemma James Rampant (Condemned, #2) by Gemma James Fervent (Condemned, #3) by Gemma James Vagrant (Condemned, #4) by Gemma James

Part 1 of 4, novellas. Part 4 due summer, 2015.

BLURB:
She sent an innocent man to prison. Now, eight years later, he's returning the favor...

I’ve been obsessed with Rafe Mason since I was thirteen. The twisted part of this story is that I still want him, even now.

Now that he's holding me captive on an island.

Rafe has his reasons for doing what he's doing, and if I'm honest, I can't blame him. I’m the girl who sent him to prison for a heinous cri
Debra

★★★ 3 Stars!

Torrent by author Gemma James is one of those books that left me thinking 'what the hell did I just read!?'. It was a mindfuck; that's for sure. It was also a dark, twisted, messed up tale that involves some dubious content, a tortured, damaged hero out for revenge and a troubled, broken heroine with a guilty conscience.

Eight years ago Alex De Luca sent an innocent man off to prison and now that he's released, this man is out for revenge. Rafe Mason has spent eight years of his life
Pam Godwin
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-romance
Perhaps there’s truth in saying pain can bring healing. But what if it’s applied by the man she wrongfully sent to prison?

Torrent maintains a steamy level of erotic suspense and anticipation that the conflicted characters fulfill with a pleasingly abundant amount of sexy, physical connection.

It's an interesting exploration of two people seeking and accepting a resolution for their remorseful past. This creates a new and fascinating dynamic in their captor-captive relationship.

Rafe teeters on th
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
This is the second time I am posting this...thank you to all the haters who FLAG....if you don't like my gifs or what I have to say....then UNFRIEND ME!!

Book – Torrent (Condemned #1)
Author – Gemma James
Publication Date – July 22, 2014
Type – Part of Series
Genre – Dark
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.

Review
Wow…now that was some fucked up shit!!  I kept waiting and waiting for the softer side of DARK to rear its angelic face…but HELL
Ashleyjo
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

If the line between love and hate is thin, then the lines between anger and lust -and- fear and lust are emaciated.

I didn't dislike this book, but it did leave me feeling senselessly jerked around, purposefully confused, and overloaded with secondary plots I didn't want or need.

The technical writing was fine.

2 1/2 -3 stars.

Him

I got the idea, the premise - he's depraved, capable of heartless shit, and still has the remnants a moral compass.

It's how the author pushed the conflict toward e
Belén
Jul 24, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Worst book ever.
Writers need to stop romanticizing abusive relationships. Seriously. That's not a joke.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Rafe kidnaps her, rapes her, mistreats her, suffocates her, tries to drown her... He puts Alex naked in a fucking cage, in a dark and cold basement for days... And when she is free to leave, she decides to stay because she loves him and she says she wanted everything she went through??? Are you fucking kidding me??? For god's sake! She could've died!

Mariℓina
May 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
3,5 Stars! For a story about revenge, taboos and the excruciating, deeper thoughts of a wronged man. After being sent to prison for 8 years accused of a vile crime he didn't commit, Rafe is finally free.. And he has some plans for Alex..

Alex, the girl who sent him there, is the bane of his existence.. He wants her, craves her like an addict but at the same time hates her with all of his heart. But it's not that simple. She had to go through an awful life herself. Nothing is what it looks like..

S
Candace
From the first line to the last, I could not put this book down. It was that great! Gemma James has mastered the art of writing deliciously-naughty dark romances. This story was sizzling! The chemistry between Alex and Rafe was off-the-charts! The emotions were raw and intense.

I didn't expect so much depth in such a short book. I was blown away by how quickly I got sucked into the plot and how conflicted I felt about Alex's situation as both the villain and victim. Wow, just wow! I loved this d
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
***** 5 "Rafe Please Be My Predator" Stars *****

"Appearances were deceitful bitches that lied and covered the ugly truth."

photo rafe_zpslllvzyel.jpg

After spending the last 8 years in prison for a crime he did not commit, Rage is a no longer the good guy he once was. Prison has changed him and not for the better.

"Darkness turned at the core of my being, a turbulent need that had simmered for years."

Rafe has his preditorial eyes set on one person.

photo Alex_zpslqcx1v3t.jpg

Alex is about as broken of a girl as you can find. Her life is a mess
Alice
May 23, 2014 marked it as own-or-going-to-own  ·  review of another edition
ARC kindly provided by Gemma James. *Thumbs up*
Misha Collins
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛
MY RATING: ☆☆☆☆.5 Stars - TORRENT by Gemma James

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

☆ Complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review ☆
~ THANK YOU ~

4.5 RAFE THE CHOKER STARS

OBSESSION

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TORRENT is a new adult dark romance with disturbing themes and explicit content that includes sexual situations and violence.

A DANGEROUS POSSESSIVENESS

My head is kind of all over the place with this book, in the beginning it is very confusing as it jumps from the present to 8 years past, so much happens in the first few c
✿kawehi.reviews
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
☆I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!!☆

description

Torrent was an unexpected and a mind-boggling read!! Gemma without doubt managed to turn my psyche upside down and make me want to root for the underdog in the story! That’s for sure!

But, there is something I need to bring up and I’m so sorry to mentioning this but after re-reading the synopsis it kind of just came up and stuck.

So, was it just me or did the concept of Torrent kind of remind you of Tanya Holme’s
Amber Rose
I am one of the Beta readers for this book for about 15% through it.

photo 4star_zps2639d4b3.png

I'm a huge fan of Gemma James. I read her, The Devils Kiss Trilogy and feel in love with her writing and the way she developed her characters. She is one of those authors that I will always read regardless what she writes.

I've had a lot of personal shit going on with my life the past 3 months and it's been hard for me to finish my beta reading for Gemma. Finally I got an ARC of the whole book and started reading it and it t
 Rosebud
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: menage
Rafe Mason went to prison for a crime he didn't commit. Rape of the teenage sister of his best friend Zach. Nobody believed him when he said he was innocent especially after the testimony of the victim herself, Alex De Luca, named him as her rapist. Eight years later he's served his time and he's back in the town that shunned him. Back for revenge and to finally find out why Lex lied.

Alex has had to live with the fact that she sent an innocent man to prison for eight long years. Hearing that Ra
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars-review
FREE
FREE: Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

______

As I am writing this review I am still trying to figure out which rating to give this book. All I know is that I am definitely NOT reading the sequel an that should have some impact on my rating, shouldn't it?

God, I'd love to give this 5 stars, I really do, because from 30-80% it was absolutely perfect, raw, brutal, torturous, and friggin' hot.

Yet, Ms. James wanted to much, too much DRAMA, yet again. Why (view spoiler)
Future Slayer Girl
This book did me a doosey!

I ain't kidding you! I saw dark romance, and you know, sometimes people say dark romance and all these flowers and rainbows fall down all over the ending, or the Alpha anti-hero turns all whimpy and weepy.

But this book.

WHOA! THIS BOOK!

Let's just say I read it in four hours I started it at midnight with the intention of ONLY reading it until 12:30, and then BAM! It's over, I'm screaming silent rages at my Kindle, and its 4:22am!!!!

I'm gonna give you a warning. This b
Larry Southwick
This is a review in exchange for an ARC preview copy of the book. Ms James certainly knows how to write DARK. From the opening scenes of familial rape to later kidnapping and imprisonment and torture, she does dark with an obsessive flair.

The evil done to the two main characters takes a considerable time to be explained, and the angst is a detriment to the book. I could not understand why the female character would not explain herself, and the continuing trauma she experienced, even under tortu
Carrie White
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was gifted a copy for an honest review!
Boy oh boy, where the heck do I even start? I literally just finished and I'm stuck, in a shell shocked trance from the major cliffy I just experienced:(
Karma is a funny thing.....
Alex and Rafe have a past.
One lie changed both their lives together.
While Rafe serves years in prison for something he never did, Alex is left dealing with her own scarred demons.
Rafe has one thing on his mind once released, seek revenge, steel years of her life, treat her how
Aղցela W.
Aug 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a really good book. Alex De Luca was just a teenager when she lied and sent her friend, Rafe Mason, an innocent man, to prison for eight years. Instead of speaking up and doing the right thing, she let him rot in a cell while his hatred for her grew into something uncontrollable. Now he's out on parole and he has only one objective. To break her in a way that she broke him. He wants her screams, her tears, and he wants to see her shatter into millions of pieces. Once Rafe has his hands ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
**update** I decided to re-read this BOOK before I read the others. Why? Because having read so many BOOKS after reading this I wanted it to be fresh in my mind. But blimey I engulfed this book. What an ending!! So looking forward to READING BOOK 2.

Wow!!Why have I not read this authors books before. This book was absolutely brilliant. I read this book in one sitting. I seriously couldn't put it down or read it fast enough. My stomach was in bits reading this. This book will take you on a really
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

4 Held Captive Stars!
Erotic, Thrilling and Deliciously Dark. I Couldn’t Put This One Down!

The Review:
I totally enjoyed this one. With it’s dark, riveting and intimidating scenes, characters who needed acceptance and forgiveness and found it in each other and the sinister and erotic story line, this one was a “read it all in one sitting” kind of read.

Story...
Rafe Mason has been away for eight long years, stewing in a prison cell for a crime he
DW
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: condemned
Okay.. Just breathe!! I thought that I was going to start having panic attacks.

The choking and holding her head under water had me so wound up. Then the torturing her was almost to much for me.

Rafe may be crazy but he is damn smoking hott!! He was hot before prison but now he sexy and insane!!

At first, I didn't know what to think about Alex. I was screaming for her to just tell him what he wanted to know because he was just going to keep pushing her head under water.. Ugh!! I get it now.. She
Diana's
3.5 Dang cliffy stars
All I have to say is I am SO happy I'm late to the game with this one. I would have been pulling my hair out with that ending..
A bit peeved Alexa wouldn't come clean sooner..
Fiza
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*•.(*•.♥.•*).•*Review*•.(*•.♥.•*).•*

Rafe is betrayed by someone he considered his friend, Alex, as a result of that betrayal he is sent to jail for a crime he didn’t commit. His sentence, eight years. Plenty of time for Alex to come clean and tell the truth, thus saving Rafe from a terrible future. But she kept her mouth shut. Now she’s got to pay the price.

“I’m coming for you”

I had seen the cover of this book some time ago and I knew this was one I needed to read….yes I am easily persuaded by
Lashuri Chan
Apr 10, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The story was meh to me. It became clear this is the type of story i would not like. I hate the stories where the heroine is trying to pursue the hero and he pushes her away

The first two to three chapters were promising but after that it all just became cliche. The heroine was annoying and has no personality. She wanted him to let her go but at the same time she still had feelings for him and wanted to have sex with him. Every time she tried to escape she ended up in some kind of trouble and alw
Heather
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! It definitely has some dark moments but I don't mind that. Rafe could be very scary at times but I understood his need to know why he had been betrayed. Alex was no push over either! Even though he kept doing terrible things to her she knew he was a misunderstood bad guy with a heart of gold. Don't we all want one of those? LOL

This was a very quick read and I cannot wait to read the next book in the series!
Ashley
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: captive
... OF COURSE THATS THE FUCKING ENDING.
I can't.. even.. I JUST CANT FATHOM HOW ANNOYED I AM RIGHT NOW GUYS.
I just can't even review this book.. THATS HOW MAD I AM
Debbie I Heart YA Books
WOW!! Gemma James has hooked me and reeled me in with Rafe and Alex twisted, wicked Dark Romance. Rafe and Alex's romance is hot, hot, SO NAUGHTY HOT!!! Definitely a must read!!!
The Reader's Nook...: 2017 August Book of the Month 1 4 Aug 07, 2017 08:28AM
Free Books, .99 &...: Free dark erotica/romance 1 17 May 22, 2015 05:41AM
Kindle Deals: TORRENT - $0.99 Limited Time Sale! 1 7 Sep 30, 2014 03:38PM
Bargain Basement: TORRENT - $0.99 Limited Time Sale! 1 5 Sep 30, 2014 03:34PM
Read 4 Review: TORRENT - NA Dark Erotic Romance 35 88 Jul 31, 2014 04:55AM
  • Irrevocable (Irrevocable, #1)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 2 "Discovered" (My Masters' Nightmare, #2)
  • The Sect (Wicked Trinity, #1)
  • Gaige (Captive to the Dark, #3)
  • The Decimation of Mae (Blue Butterfly #1)
  • Vanquish (Deliver, #2)
  • I Know What Love Is (I Know..., #1)
  • Joseph Fallen (The Estate, #0.5)
  • Big Sky
  • His Witness (Vittorio Crime Family, #4)
  • Trust
  • Kept
  • Flawed (The Butcher, #1)
  • Make Me Yours Evermore (Pierced Hearts, #3)
  • The Beast (The Beast, #1)
  • In His Arms
  • Roman (Roman, #1)
  • Terrorscape (Horrorscape, #3)
Gemma James is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author of a blend of genres, from new adult suspense to dark erotic romance. She loves to explore the darker side of human nature in her fiction, and she's morbidly curious about anything dark and edgy, from deviant sex to serial killers. Readers have described her stories as being "not for the faint of heart."

She warns you to heed their words! Her
More about Gemma James...

Condemned (5 books)
  • Rampant (Condemned, #2)
  • Fervent (Condemned, #3)
  • Vagrant (Condemned, #4)
  • Deviant (Condemned, #5)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Rose Garden
    $16.99 $2.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)
“bunching” 0 likes